This is a list of characters appearing in the racing manga, MF Ghost. To get back to the main page, click here.
Japanese-English racer who arrives to Japan, looking for his father. Despite his young age, Kanata is an extremely skilled racer and has been involved in the sport since his early childhood.
- Beyond the Impossible: Kanata's tire management is so good that even when he reaches a point where there is theoretically no chance his tires wouldn't have worn out, he manages to achieve grip.
- Bishōnen: He's frequently compared to a model because of his looks.
- Chick Magnet: It doesen't take long for him to gather a large female following thanks to his handsome looks and success in MFG, something that deeply annoys Ren.
- Fish out of Water: While he can speak Japanese quite well, he has a very hard time adjusting to the local culture otherwise.
- Photographic Memory: Apparently all it took him to fully memorize the layout of Odawara Pikes Peaks was to look at it three times.
- What a Piece of Junk: Kanata's 86 is heavily underpowered and antiquated compared to the competition, but his unique driving technique and topography of Odawara Pikes Peaks allows him to fully exploit the car's light weight to his advantage.
One of the few drivers who is able to compete in the MFG with a domestic car. He's quick to recognize Kanata's talent after witnessing his first race.
- Bromantic Foil: Much less of a ladies man that Kanata to say the least.
- Composite Character: He combines characteristics from all members of the Akina Speed Stars, though unlike them, he's a genuinely skilled racer.
- Hopeless Suitor: To Ren.
- Ironic Name: He's the only person driving a domestic car in MFG's Top 10, yet he's known as ''Kamikaze Yanke".
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Ren isn't happy at all towards all the attention Kanata is getting from other girls and is none too happy to hear that he has joined the MFG since this is only going to increase his popularity among girls.
- Hypocritical Humour: In Chapter 1 she informs Shun she doesen't want to date someone who only cares about her looks and doesen't know her personally. Four pages later, she instantly falls for Kanata after seeing him for the first time.
- Love Triangle: One seems to be already developing between her, Kanata and Shun. Shun is completely in love with Ren, but is unaware of her identity and that she's actually living with Kanata, Ren doesen't care about Shun at all and only cares about Kanata and Kanata doesn't seem to notice Ren's feelings at all and has promised to Shun alerady that she won't touch 'Angel 7' without nowing that she's actually Ren.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: She's only wearing a wig in her cheerleader outfit, yet Kanata couldn't recognize her at all.
- Panty Shot: Frequently a target of spontaneous bursts of wind that lift her skirt slightly. This gets lampshaded in Chapter 16.
MFG Top 15
- Boring, but Practical: He uses a very simple driving style that is both very safe to use and allows him to make the most of his car's horsepower. However, these techniques are not useful in races against highly technical drivers like Michel.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: He considers Asians to be 'monkeys' who don't deserve to drive masterworks of German engineering.
- Smug Super: He may be extremely arrogant, but he has plenty of talent to back up his trash talk.
- Weak, but Skilled: Like Kanata, he drives an underpowered car with a four cylinder boxer engine, but he is capable of dominating the MFG league due to his superior skills.
Kaito Akabane (No. 2)
- The Rival: With Oishi over which is the better Italian Super Car manufacturer.
Daigo Oishi (No. 3)
- Awesome, but Impractical: His car is mostly built for straight line acceleration and he can't fully utilize its capabilities in the mountainous Odawara Pikes Peaks course.
- The Rival: With Kaito over which is the better Italian Super Car manufacturer.
Yuudai Sakamoto (No. 5)
- In the Hood: He's always seen wearing a combination of hoodie and sunglasses. Shun refers to him as Sith Lord because of this.
Yousuke Ootani (No. 9)
Kazuhiro Maezono (No. 13)
- Career-Ending Injury: His WRC career was cut short because of serious injuries he suffered after an accident he had early on in his contract under Toyota.
- The Ghost: He has been mentioned several times, but hasn't actually made an appearance yet (other than one shot of his back in Chapter 25).
- Red Baron: He became known as Flying John in the British Rally Championship because of his unparalleled skill in tarmac.
- Retired Badass: He no longer races and is currently a teacher at RDRS.
- Badass Grandpa: Even in his 40s'/50s', Keisuke hasn't lost his touch and was capable of setting a record time on Odawara Pikes Peaks with his old FD that stood for 3 years before Beckenbauer shattered it.
- Older and Wiser: He has become much less Hot-Blooded with age and has settled down from racing to manage a highly succesful business.
- Silver Fox: He still looks very attractive decades later.
- The Watson: He's still as clueless about racing as ever and keeps asking audience's questions from Keisuke. Keisuke lampshades this by pointing out that this is why he never advanced further in his racing career and why he's now much better fit for the real estate department of the company than the racing department.
- Combat Commentator: Is introduced as a guest commentator in Chapter 17.
- The Ghost: Only his voice can be heard on commentary.
- Retired Badass: Now works as a racing coach, according to MFG's main commentator Yoji Tanaka.
- Worthy Opponent: Treats Takumi as one and can be heard in tears (in the middle of commentary) after hearing about Takumi's Career-Ending Injury.