Unmarked spoilers ahead.
open/close all folders
Park Hyung Suk / Daniel Park
The main character of Lookism. Due to his appearance, he was always bullied by everyone around him growing up. It got so bad that he had to transfer schools. But just before his first day at his new school, he wakes up to find that he now has a new, handsome body.
- Adorkable: Lack of good social interaction has made him socially awkward, which some girls find quite charming in the new body.
- Affectionate Nickname: Ha Neul calls his original body 'piggy', it starts out as an insult, later becomes the name she thinks of when she thinks of the man she loves.
- Ambiguously Bi: While he often blushes around his female crushes, has he also blushed around some guys.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Late in his double life, Daniel discovers that despite having a similar diet in both bodies, the new body never gets fat or weak.
- Big Beautiful Man: When he isn't feeling uncomfortable, he seems to be this in his original body.
- Bishounen: His other body is regularly noted for its great looks.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Averted, he's a genuine Nice Guy, but many people doesn't believe that it could be possible, even when they have hung out together for a some months is still Jin Sung sceptical, but that might be his jealousy speaking.
- Break the Haughty: What little confidence he had left was broken when the fight with Jin Sung was recorded became a very popular. Only when he was truly at the bottom and gave up everything, he ended up becoming a more humble and Nice Guy.
- Bullying the Dragon: Whenever someone tries to throw a punch at Hyung Suk in his new body, he always manages to dodge and punch back.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Gets drunk easily.
- Clark Kent Outfit: Somehow his clothes hides his muscles in the strong body.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Is often a lot stronger that he thinks he is, in both bodies.
- Dogged Nice Guy: His case with Soo Jung who doesn't believe a Bishōnen actually could be nice, although his real body has more luck for once.
- Heroes Love Dogs: Enough to put himself in harms way for Inu.
- Friend of Masked Self: Pretends his two bodies are friends.
- Mr. Fanservice: His other body is very easy on the eyes and basically everyone agrees that he is easily the most attractive guy in the school.
- Not with Them for the Money: What his and Jae Yeol's friendship is built up on.
- Progressively Prettier: Not Handsome! Daniel, who already looks like a fashion model, but Fat!Daniel who looks a lot stronger and attractive in chapter 194 compared to his original appearance.
- Running Gag: When alcohol is related. He takes a sip, believing it to be iced tea or water, realizes it, says he shouldn't drink. Becomes drunk and becomes a jerk, has a speech about something including that they shouldn't force a minor to drink, only to take another sip, cue Spit Take, and becoming even more of a jerkass, and then falling asleep.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: For whatever reason.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Beautiful!: One arc has him realize that he can use the new body to make money. Desperate to help his mother he was willing to do anything, and joins a Host Club and nearly prostitutes himself. He later realizes that it wasn't a good idea.
- Sloth: His weak point, he didn't believe he could change anything in his situation himself and waited for others to do it.
- Stalker with a Crush: In the receiving end in the Stalker arc.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Not as bad as most examples, but his discrimination is believing that girls are the ones needing to be saved and that they can't fight for themselves.
- Tender Tears: Cries rather easily.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Whenever he's drunk, not that some of his fangirls mind.
- Trauma Button: Hearing the name Pikachu makes him shiver and spit out the word "Pika!".
- Your Size May Vary: How tall his original body is varies from panel to panel, in the beginning he was pretty tall, but later he has gotten kinda Super-Deformed in a way. In some panels he's as tall as Vasco, in others he's really tiny (as he feels). The weight put on his spine makes him also appear shorter than if his back actually was straight.
Choi Soo Jung / Crystal:
Appears early on in the story as a beautiful girl who's actually nice to Hyung-Suk's original body. Later transfers into class with her original(?) body after a request from her father.
- Acrofatic: More so than Hyung Suk as she actually can do a hurriance kick while in her fat body.
- Adorkable: In Crystals Investigation Arc she demonstrates several quirky sides to her personality, including a borderline childish affection for Enu the moment she meets her.
- Action Girl: In either of her two bodies, she is a capable fighter in her own right.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Including to being rather cold to people her own age, she even owns her own company.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Often wears suits in her business meetings.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Her chubby self is rather adorable.
- Bishoujo: Is treated like World's Most Beautiful Woman in her thin body.
- Crush Blush: When looking at Hyung Suk in his original body.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Came to the school not to make friends, but ends up warming up to Ha Neul after she considers her a friend after her Big Damn Heroes moment.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears early on in the story from time to time visiting Hyung Suk at work and giving him some energy drink. First time was in episode 9.
- Friend of Masked Self: Pretends that her two bodies are twins, whereas the beautiful one is the older one and the legal guardian. How that makes sense is unknown, although the teachers accepting it might have been Distracted by the Sexy.
- Hourglass Hottie: Although her thinner body is meant to be impossibly beautiful.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Not played for romance, kinda, she can't believe that Hyung Suk would notice and greet her when she transferred to his school to spy on him.
- Money, Dear Boy: In-Universe. Her reason for saving Yui, because as the owner of Paprika TV does she want to keep Yui beautiful to have many viewers.
- Second Love: To Hyung Suk after the mess with Yui.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Briefly had a fringe theory about both Daniels being their own person... and in a Secret Relationship, sharing the same eating utensils.
Jae Won / J High School
A high school in Seoul with many study departments. From fashion to architecture, sports, animation, cooking, and everything you might need to start on your career path. While not too shabby is it not seen as the finest school and has more bullying than holes in a Swiss cheese.
Fashion DepartmentThis department is to help the students become models and they are allowed to wear whatever they want for school. Due to its somewhat lazy nature is this a class joined by all kinds of teens, from those actually interested in fashion, to those only wanting to be there with a friend, or those who simply doesn't fit in anywhere else.
Lee Jin Sung / Zack Lee
A student in Hyung Suk's class. He and Hyung Suk started off on rough terms, but their relationship got better.
- Betty and Veronica: A weird case where he thinks he's the Betty to Hyung Suk's Veronica for Mi Jin's Archie, but she isn't really interested in Hyung Suk (and may actually recognize him but hasn't had time or not sure how to ask). This case becomes even weirder when Mi Jin is a mix of the girl he knows but thinks he can't reach, Yui is the beautiful and believed to be unobtainable in class who's rather interested in him after Rescue Romance, but he finds her too clingy.
- Boxing Battler
- Can't Catch Up: Sure thing, he was out of practice, but he is visibly lacking in the talent and brute strength department that his rivals have.
- Death Glare: If someone as much look at Mi Jin he'll stare you down.
- Expy: Of Kosaku, a boxer who often puts his life on the line and is in love with a christian girl.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Aside from being on the wrong side of the Worf Effect more often than not, he is frequently forced to acknowledge the fact that there are several people out there - all of them he is personally acquainted with - who easily surpass everything he can try to throw at them. This was actually the reason he stopped practicing for a while.
- Pride: His weak point, he prides himself in strength, and wants Mi Jin to look at him, but she's not into strength. Later his opponents have started getting stronger than him, making him swallow his pride and becoming a better person.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Was introduced to make the reader think that hes no different from Hyung Suks original bullies, although it is later revealed that he only resorts to fighting when Mi Jin is involved. Later, he starts to know what its like to be bullied himself.
Hong Jae Yeol / Jay Hong
A quiet, blonde student in Hyung Suks class. Always trying to seek Hyung Suks attention and would do anything for him.
- Adorkable: Being a Cute Mute, he has many moments of this. At the end of chapter 162, however...
- Ambiguously Gay: Not quite ambiguously, as time passes he is legitimately shown to have a strong crush on Daniel. Everything Jay does is usually for the sake of getting closer to Daniel.
- Badass Gay: A practitioner of Systema - of all things - capable of holding his own and easily defeating several opponents and only lost to Daniel's bully because Logan resorted to being the Combat Pragmatist.
- Blinding Bangs: A trait that adds more intrigue to his character is that his full face is yet to be seen.
- Clark Kenting: See the image? Quietly spending most of the time under the radar must be the main reason he gets away with this.
- Connected All Along: While he was around since the very beginning of the story, he mostly remained on the fringes, until the Picnic Arc reveals that he has a much bigger role to play in the future, as his own family has business ties with Crystal's father.
- Cute Mute: Never talks and usually simply nods in order to communicate. Strangely enough, Daniel seems to be able to communicate with him perfectly fine.
- Death Glare: Manages to give them somehow through his thick bangs.
- Gay Option: For Daniel, but he is yet to muster up the courage to confess his feelings to him anytime soon.
- Wrath: His weak point, Systema requires the user to be completely calm, but when Hyung Suk is involved he flies into a rage.
Kim Mi Jin / Mira Kim
Jin Sungs closest friend since childhood. She tries to convince him to stop fighting people, which usually ends in failure.
- Break the Cutie: while her Dark and Troubled Past doesn't (as far we know) include bullying has she had her share of traumatic events in her life.
- Characterization Marches On: Introduced as a Valley Girl, but is later a polite Nice Girl, although she doesn't have many lines in the beginning.
- Lust Object: Has been victim of Attempted Rape at least 2 times from men she thought she could trust.
- Nice Girl: Is a genuinely nice person.
- Tsundere: Type B, usually sweet, calm, and collected, and only Jin Sung manages to rub her the wrong way.
Park Ji Ho
A student in the fashion department and a constant victim of bullying. Receives help from Daniel whenever he falls into trouble.
- Aesop Amnesia: His desire to become popular makes him often forget all the trouble he has caused.
- Kouji actually calls him out on this.
- Envy: One of his weak points. He gets to be friends with one of the popular guys at school but still doesn't see that as enough, he wants more, he wants to be in the center of attention, he wants to be the one everyone thinks of as cool, something that's impossible.
- FaceHeel Turn: He allows his jealousy get the better of him.
- Foil: He is an almost complete opposite of Hyung Suk. Both of them start of as unattractive, if not marginalized because of their looks. However, Hyung Suk has a much more humble background than Ji Ho, whose family is somewhat economically stable. That being said, Ji Ho and Hyung Suk have a single, most important contrast: Ji Ho is too spoiled and selfish to grasp the consequences of his actions. Hyung Suk, on the other hand, despite of being at times conceited, always learned his lesson at the end.
- An even more blatant contrast: both of them end up in very disadvantageous battles with their lives on the line. Wherein Ji Ho resorted to underhanded trickery to win, Hyung Suk (who couldn't use his perfect body at that time) refused to give in to the same temptation. It should also be noted that in his case, Ji Ho cheated foremost just for the sake of winning. Hyung Suk had far more noble intentions.
- The Gambling Addict: Quickly gets addicted to gambling when its firs shown to him.
- Generation Xerox: Not only looks a lot like his parents, but wears the same kind of glasses.
- Go Mad from the Isolation: During the Juvenile Prison Arc, he assaults an inmate who actively abused him since day one, leading to him getting stuck in solitary confinement. Needless to say, it only takes three days for the effect to kick in.
- Idiot Ball: Too often for his own good with only the other characters having to save him. In episode/chapter 163 he meets one of his previous classmates, a famous sociopath from his area, not only doesn't he believe that he has been robbed by him when he forces him to take money out for him, but even believes them to be friends after he calls them that.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: His Fatal Flaw.
- Never My Fault: No matter what he goes through, he simply refuses to acknowledge his own shortcomings.
- Sanity Slippage: Suffers from this in the Illegal Toto arc. He resorts from stealing money from the store Hyung Suk works at and using his college funds to attempt to regain the money he lost due to his gambling habits by gambling some more. Unfortunately, he loses all of that money too.
- Taken Up to Eleven during the Juvenile Prison arc. Having been thrown in a very violent environment, being unable to do even the most mundane things without pressure and risks, almost getting killed and poor diet take a heavy toll on his sanity.
- Small Name, Big Ego: The guy continuously ignores the fact that unlike the many popular people in his school he simply lacks the good looks they have and that no matter what kind of expensive brand he tries to impress people with, he will never really make up for that. The Picnic arc made it all the more apparent, but he still doesn't get it.
- Spoiled Brat: It is heavily implied that, while they weren't too wealthy, his parents nonetheless spoiled him ever since he was a kid. This lead him to become uncapable of comprehending that his actions and the consequences of said actions are his own fault.
Park Ha Neul / Zoe Park
A girl in Hyung Suks class. Friends with Hyung Suk in both of his bodies, she has a hard time trying to figure out which one she likes more.
- Break the Cutie: After almost being killed and/or raped during the Paprika TV arc does she calm down a lot.
- Chubby Chaser: Averted, she falls for Hyung Suk in his real body after he rescues her and even uses his body as a shield to protect her rather than being attracted to chubby people.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: After forcing herself to date Tae Sung, she has a scene where she cries in the shower feeling dirty but not being able to wash it away.
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: Subverted, she's the best in class at math and enjoys it a lot.
- The Lad-ette: Appears to have many male friends and drinks a lot.
- Lust: Her weak point, she really wants to get together with the most popular guy, no matter the cost, or so she thought. After Character Development is that not as important anymore.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Off-Model: Of all the characters is she one of those changing the most. From this picture with a too big hand, to an impossible hourglass figure like no other character.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Why she starts falling for her 'piggy' because he saved her.
- Stalker with a Crush: In the receiving end of this in the Paprika TV arc.
- Stepford Smiler: Of the hiding depressed kind. While forcing herself to date Tae Sung and missing Hyung Suk terribly, including to crying alone in the bathroom, she keeps on smiling in front of her friends and pretends that everything is okay.
- Valley Girl: Talked like one in the Paprika TV arc.
Characters that are mostly important in certain arcs.
A student in Hyung Suk's class who earns money by live-streaming herself on the internet. She's a major character in the Paprika TV arc.
- Bishoujo: And knows how to abuse it.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Hyung Suk believes her to be a pure and accepting girl, later shows her true colors as a huge bigot only after to use others for her own benefit.
- Break the Haughty: While still not a truly good person has she improved a lot.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Much to Jin Sung and Mi Jin's annoyance.
- First Love: Hyung Suk's first love.
- Greed: Her weak point, she wants everyone to bow down to her, she wants money, but there's never enough.
- Ms. Fanservice: Makes money presenting herself like this on her streams.
- Rescue Romance: After Jin Sung saves her from her abusive boyfriend, she falls in love with him.
- Would Hit a Girl: On the receiving end after her boyfriend realizes that she flirts with Hyng Suk.
Lee Hyun Do / Doo Lee
A student in Hyung Suks class. Usually acts with two other guys as Jin Sungs lackeys.
- Smoking Is Not Cool: His smoking is put in a bad light.
- Took a Level in Kindness: He was a lot similar to Hyung Suks original bullies when he was first introduced. Jump 60 chapters later to the Attention Whore arc and he becomes victim of a social media attack and his attackers manage to track him down. After being saved by Vaso and Jin Sung, he decides to turn a new leaf (sorta), starting with giving Ji Ho his own gym uniform when the latter loses it.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Up until Chapter 163, he was not mentioned or seen in the comic since the Attention Whore arc which ended in Chapter 68, and he finally makes a full reappearance in Chapter 166. Now he makes sporadic appearances throughout the comic.
The identical twins in the fashion class. They love fashion, especially expensive fashion and brands.
- Always Identical Twins: Averted, they have familial simalarities, but aren't identical, although they do everything in their power to be as similar as possible.
- Coordinated Clothes Wears the same kind of glasses.
- Creepy Twins: Staring intensely at people to check if they have branded clothing isn't creepy at all. Also all they seem to think about is money and expensive things, both at the same time.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Are fond of doing this although it doesn't always work out.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: They are rich and proud but aren't much beyond that.
- Think Twins: According to themselves anyway.
- Megane: That are not Scary Shiny Glasses for once.
- No Name Given: Their names aren't mentioned yet.
First YearsAfter Hyung Suk and the others become Second Years, some new people appear at their school.
Hong Jae Hye / Joy Hong
Jae Yeol's younger sister and a freelance model.
- Big Little Sister: While maybe neither bigger nor more mature, does she help her brother when it comes to talking.
- Brother-Sister Team: When they're not fighting for attention from the guy they're both having crushes on do they get along pretty well.
- Family Theme Naming: Especially in the translation, Joy and Jay.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Jae Yeol does everything in his power to make that she and Hyung Suk doesn't flirt. Its probably a mix of this and jealousy.
Architecture Department/Burn KnucklesDue to practical education where they work as carpenters from time to time are there no girls who join this department much to the sadness of the members. The grade Vasco's in are all in his gang the Burn Knuckles, a gang nobody is really sure what are doing, leading to endless rumors.
Vasco / Lee Eun Tae
Leader of the Burn Knuckle gang. He dedicates his time making sure that no bullying goes on at the school which has earned his gang a reputation.
- Ambiguous Disorder: There's something off about him. Even when he was a child was his mother worried about him as he was different from other kids.
- Berserk Button: Hurting the weak, or hurting his friends is the fastest way to get him to dish out a beating that you aren't likely to recover from anytime soon.
- Bullying the Dragon: Even with his big muscles and tattoos, Vasco is still a victim of bullying. It doesnt turn out well for the bullies though.
- Death Glare: If you hurt someone while he's looking.
- Fatal Flaw: His weak point is gluttony, as he always wants to get stronger, no matter the cost while he's more than strong enough.
- Idiot Hero: While not a direct idiot and has his moments of brilliance, is he still not the sharpest tool in the shed and naïve to a fault.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: In chapter/episode 168.
- Manchild: Good grief! Adorkable doesn't really describe it, he is at times downright humiliating himself without even realizing it.
- Named After Someone Famous: His nickname is from his childhood hero's real name.
- Otaku: Is a huge fan of the children's show Hero Man and its main character. He collects things related to him (although too naïve to look online, although that's probably for the best) and even uses his fighting style from the show. His nickname is apparently the civilian name of Hero Man.
- Tragic Bigot: When hes first introduced, its revealed that he views all good-looking people as bad people. Its later revealed that good-looking people bullied him when he was in middle school. He later stops thinking this way after observing and befriending Hyung Suk in his new body.
- Younger Than He Looks: He's about 17 but looks like he's from his mid 20s to early 30s. He also acts like he's about 8 or even 4 in some cases.
Park Bum Jae / Jace Park
Co-leader of Burn Knuckles. Vascos best friend.
- Childhood Friends: Vasco's earliest known friend.
- Ear Wings: Downplayed, but that doesn't prevent people to outright compare him to Dumbo In-Universe.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: If anyone is to break the fourth wall, it's him.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Vasco, ever since their childhood. Given Vasco's Dark and Troubled Past and Manchild habits, he is also extremely protective of him.
- Number Two: To Vasco.
Music and Dance Department
Pyun Duk Hwa / Duke
A student at Jae Won High. He receives help from Hyung Suk to fulfill his desire to become a rapper.
- Determinator: Given he wants to become a rapper in a Crapsack World where the overwhelming majority of the population is after the good looks foremost, he has to be one. It slowly starts to pay off.
- Gonk: He is the most blatant one in the series.
- Villainous Cheekbones: They are a Red Herring, as it was it Ji Ho who pulled a FaceHeel Turn and not him.
Animation DepartmentThe 8th and the department the others don't talk about. It's filled with creepy otaku so most go to the fashion department instead if they don't know where to join.
Lee Tae Sung / Logan Lee
The bully Hyung Suk ran away from who eventually decided to transfer. The only school that accepted him was J High.
- Bastard Boyfriend: After forcing Ha Neul to date him, he would often kiss her and probably other things without her concent.
- Boomerang Bigot: He thinks his classmates are pathetic losers for being otaku and even their Foreign Culture Fetish for Japan. But his knowledge and references to Pokémon, One Piece, among other things, shows that he's a huge fan of Japanese things as well. It might be a Stealth Insult to people who claim to hate everything about Japan while also being a huge fan of Japanese franchises which they refuse to acknowledge to being Japanese.
- Freudian Excuse: After his previous girlfriend cheated on him with a handsome classmate, he developed a deep-seated complex towards attractive people and became the violent jerk he is today.
- The Heavy: Hyung Suk's biggest fear and all around jerkass. However, he is otherwise neutral in the overall scope of the setting.
- Skinship Grope: He would often touch Ha Neul in places she didn't want, and she would have to move his hand away from her chest when they were taking selfies.
- Weight Loss Horror: For him at least. Wanting Ha Neul to like him, he almost didn't eat for a week and got thin. Because of this he got weaker so he got injured much easier, he got weaker, Ha Neul still disliked him but didn't show him any kindness either, and the koi on his arm became an anchovy.
Park FamilyA small family on the countryside which Hyung Suk's mother married into.
Hyung Suk's mother.
His kind and caring mother.
- Antagonistic Offspring: Whenever Hyung-suk gets drunk, he goes against everything she has taught him and his own personal values.
- Doting Parent: Loves her son dearly and knows his potential.
- Education Mama: Averted, while being Korean and happy when her son gets good grades, is his happiness more important than his education.
- Good Parents: One of the best in fiction
- Happily Married: Appears to have been with Hyung-suk's father before he disappeared and tries having a good relationship with his family.
- Mama Bear: Willing to do anything for her son.
- Open-Minded Parent: If someone was to accept him 2 bodies, it would probably be her.
- Parents as People
- The Pollyanna: Extremely optimistic and keeps on going no matter how hard things get.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Doesn't want Hyung Suk to help her out in the kitchen in the Family Arc, mostly because she doesn't want him to be considered uncool by his cousins.
- No Name Given: Her name is yet to be revealed.
Hyung Suk's eventual dog. She's loyal to a fault but a good companion who doesn't care how he looks. She was left all alone for being an "ugly" mutt.
- Action Mom: Do not harm her puppies, unless you're ready for a world of hurt.
- All Dogs Are Purebred: Averted and Played for Drama as her mother was a perfect golden retriever who gave birth to her after something happened when her owners weren't there.
- Badass Adorable: A cute dog who will bite your hand off if you do anything to hurt those she cares about.
- Canine Companion: Goes just about anywhere with Hyung Suk after being adopted by him expect for work and school.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Downplayed, Inu is Japanese for dog, dog in Korean is Gae.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Not dumb, rather that she was a Wide-Eyed Idealist that actually believed her owner to get back home.
- Dog Stereotype: Subverted. She has been a stray for quite some time, but not only used to have a owner, but is also rather naïve.
- Hates Being Alone: Justified. She was abandoned by her previous owner.
- I'm Not Hungry: As she thought it would be used against her and take her away from her previous home.
- Face Framed in Shadow: Her previous owners in her prologue.
- Mommy Had A Good Reason For Abandoning You: She was forced to leave her behind by the humans and even cried in the car.
- Nothing but Skin and Bones: When her prologue is over and we see what she has become.
- Power of Trust: Her puppies trusted Hyung Suk, which is why she trusts him after a while.
- Precious Puppies: Gives birth to 4.
- Rape as Backstory: Refused to leave her spot for a long time, but still got pregnant.
- That Thing Is Not My Child!: Subverted, her mother was really proud of her and loved her a lot.
HTC GroupA mysteriousness group involved in many businesses.
A scary man who appears out of nowhere, sometimes to help, other times to be a bodyguard to the Soo Jung.
- Death Glare: Putting it mildly.
- Glowing Eyelights of Undeath: What his eyes actually look like.
- Rugged Scar: On the bridge of his nose and part of his forehead.
- Sadist: Is loyal to the Choi family, but willing to beat up anyone who may annoy him, which he enjoys.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Perhaps a powerlimiter by making his sight worse, maybe to hide parts of his face.
DogGodA gang planning to take full control over Seoul beating up other gangs and strong people around town.
Mi Jin and Jin Sung's childhood friend. Once a timid boy is now after power, and Mi Jin's heart.
- Anime Hair: Deconstructed. While his now-blind mother thinks that he disappeared, he secretly comes over to her barber shop once a month. While her lack of sight doesn't cause her to cut anything other than hair, she still does a lackluster job.
- Evil Former Friend: Evil might be overstating it, but repairing his and his childhood friends' friendship get harder by the day.
- Fatal Flaw: He is just too selfish. While he obeys the HTC Group without question, going as far as demanding the DogGod members to cease with their bank account manipulations, his methods boil down to beating up anyone who disagrees with him. The end result? The annoyed DogGod members, partly because of loosing money and partly because they were annoyed by Johan's tyrannical leadership betray him. Unsurprisingly, Jong Gun nonchalantly decides to discard him, as Johan proven himself to be a poor candidate, despite of having a formidable fighting prowess.
- Momma's Boy: Everything he does is for the sake of helping his mother.
- The Rival: Initially for Zack, but since then also became one for Daniel.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: He likes Mi Jin, she likes him as a younger brother.