Sean "Dud" Dudley
A disarmingly optimistic ex-surfer who joins the Order of the Lynx after finding a ring on the beach.
- Butt-Monkey: The universe seems to love crapping on poor Dud.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Shaves his beard in the season finale as part of an attempt to get his life on track.
- Genius Ditz: He may be lazy and directionless, but he is astonishingly literate, and is the only other person in the cast who can understand what the hell Blaise is talking about most of the time.
- The Pollyanna: Despite how crappy his life is, he is extremely optimistic.
- Trauma Conga Line: In the course of one year, he suffered a debilitating leg injury, lost his dad, lost his house, lost his job, lost his car, and suffered another debilitating leg injury.
A plumbing salesman and Luminous Knight at Lodge 49.
- The Mentor: Explicitly called this by Dud in the season finale. Ernie is quick to point out that anyone with a guy like him for a mentor is screwed.
A former paralegal now working at Shamroxx to pay off the sizable debt her dad's death left her with.
- The Alcoholic: If she doesn't keep busy, she drinks. Heavily.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Whenever she drinks, she does stupid things. This is how she ended up stuck working at Shamroxx; after finishing law school, she decided to get loaded and somehow ended up committing a bad enough felony that she can't pass a background check for most full-time jobs.
- Big Sister Instinct: In "The Slide", after Booie beats up Dud, she tracks him down, and goes apeshit on his car, creating enough of a ruckus that he and his indulgent parents are forced out of the neighborhood.
- Death Seeker: It's repeatedly implied she doesn't want to live anymore. In the season finale, she threatens to kill herself in order to convince the bank to cancel her debts.
- Women Are Wiser: Deconstructed; On the surface, she seems to be an intelligent, hard-working woman saddled by an idiotic brother and a sexist ass of a boss. As the first season goes on, it quickly becomes clear that many of her problems are the result of her own self-destructive tendencies.
A journalist and member of the lodge. Married to Scott but has been having an affair with Ernie, her former high school sweetheart, since joining the lodge a year ago.
- Secretly Dying: Revealed to be suffering from some form of brain disease, with only a few years to live.
Blaise St. John
An apothecary and member of the lodge.
- Agent Mulder: One of the few members of Lodge 49 who is actually passionate about alchemy and esoterica.
An officer for Long Beach Harbor Patrol and member of the lodge.
- All Drummers Are Animals: The drummer for Don Fab and the Longshoremen.
- Promoted to Scapegoat: He gets promoted to Sovereign Protector mainly because the London office needs a local member who would sign off on the unpopular policies that they need to pass in order to make Lodge 49 solvent.
- Serious Business: Wants to be Sovereign Protector considerably more than either Larry or Ernie.
- Small Name, Big Ego: He is a Harbor Patrol officer and a drummer in a local band. He sees himself as the most prestigious member of the lodge, particularly after bumbling his way into becoming the new Sovereign Protector, whereas the others all see him as a pompous ass on a power trip.