Welcome to the character page of the Webcomic, Lightbringer. Please note that this list is incomplete and requires more information.
- Anti-Hero: Although generally portrayed as an idealist, he has shown a willingness to use the ends to justify the means. Examples include his interrogation of the Serpent (which qualifies as torture), use of excessive force when handling General Werres (ie. chucking him through a window), and defiance of the mayor to continue vigilantism.
- Blinded by the Light: Of course he is able to perform this feat.
- Hope Bringer: What Carter built himself up to be, to bring Pharos City out its degenerative state and bring hope to its civilians.
- Kill the Lights: Not only can Lightbringer absorb all the light in a area to power himself up, he can also blind people by blocking any light from hitting their eyes.
- Light Is Good: As a hero with light-based powers.
- Light 'em Up: As indicated by his name, Lightbringer can control and manipulate photons.
- Talking to the Dead: Carter has a habit of talking to his family picture, as if he was talking to his parents.
- Technical Pacifist: Lightbringer will fight crime and in one case tortured a criminal for information but does not believe in killing.
- Action Girl: Osprey, the Girl Wonder Hannah's alter-ego.
- The Big Guy and The Smart Guy: Hannah doubles as both, giving Carter technical support but providing the lion's share of fisticuffs.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Hannah is capable of hoisting a stone table over her head without any sign of strain or effort despite her only mildly muscular frame and Lovhaug's insistence that she does not have any superpowers of her own.
- Must Have Caffeine: She is addicted to Coffee.
- The Commissioner Gordon: Eddie serves this role for Lightbringer, keeping him updated with illegal activities and information on villains in Pharos City.
- My Greatest Failure: The demise of his family, back when he was a Lieutenant in New York City. During a bungled armed robbery of his apartment, his wife and children were murdered. Although the murderer was caught and sentenced to life in prison, Eddie didn't have the heart to remain in New York. Eddie took the Police Chief position in Pharos City to continue his profession, and escape the memory of his lost family.
- Smoking Is Cool: Eddie was seen smoking at least once per issue.
- The Stoic: Despite everything that goes down, Eddie's expression is always stone-faced.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Had a big crush on Lightbringer, until she learned who was behind the mask.
- Been There, Shaped History: Hes lived for over 300 years and is the identity of many infamous killers in history. These include: Jack the Ripper, The Black Dahlia, Jack the Stripper and the Zodiac Killer.
- Hypnotic Eyes: How he pulls off his murders so easily. The victim needs to be willing for his gaze to take effect, or they can easily be ignored, as Lightbringer did.
- Dark Is Evil: In contrast to Lightbringer's Light Is Good.
- Obviously Evil: Has red eyes, is named Darkbringer who seeks to bring an Eldritch Abomination named "The Darkness"
- No Name Given: His true name is never revealed, and it's never known if he ever had one.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When he's especially upset or hiding in the shadows, Darkbringer's eyes glow red.
- Rogues-Gallery Transplant: Darkbringer was actually an antagonist from a book series Louis created before Lightbringer's conception: Angel Armor.