This concludes of the main heroes, such as the Vocaloids, the Twelve Holy Disciples, the Sacred Executioners, the Lunardream Family and so on.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The majority of hero characters are on this one page.
- The Chosen Many: The main eight are all representatives of a certain hero. Said hero was actually them in the past.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience / Elemental Powers:
- For the main eight (plus Lily, Haku and Neru)-
- Miku (Turquoise) - Frost / Light
- Luka (Pink) - Luna
- Meiko (Red) - Flame
- Kaito (Blue) - Frost
- Rin (Orange) - Light / Cloud
- Len (Yellow) - Dark / Cloud
- Gakupo (Purple) - Cloud
- Gumi (Green) - Earth
- Lily (Yellow) - Light / Cloud
- Haku (Grey) - Frost
- Neru (Yellow) - Light
- For the three Ultimas-
- Lelus (Black) - Dark
- Attemi (Grey) - Light
- Mewna (Pink) - Luna
- For the main eight (plus Lily, Haku and Neru)-
- Cyborg: The original ones made by Vocalis are both flesh and metal, including regular people that get converted into Vocaloids. However, on the other side of the spectrum, we have...
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Pure metal robots that only look and act like people, sometimes flawlessly so. Either way, they still classify as Vocaloids if they have the Stock Superpowers below, Alpha Symbols for hearts and the earphones-for-ears.* Fun with Foreign Languages - The Vocaloids bounce between having Japanese words (due to Satoshi, Amaterasu and the rest), German (Karloff) and Estonian (due to Vocalis being an Estonian goddess and the creator of the Vocaloids in-universe).
- Robot Girl / Robot Boy: Duh.
- Stock Superpowers: The Vocaloids have their own special abilities, which among other things (such as having earphones for ears and Alpha Symbols for hearts— which are special mechanoid crystals that produce the nanobots that regulate bodily functions and enhance their Life Core) makes them unique when compared to regular androids:
- Super Strength - As a standard due to them being robots. But there's also the Tugevus (Strength) skill which increases it even more.
- Made of Iron - Literally. But again, it gets taken up even more due to the Kaitsele (Shield) skill. (Example - Haku was able to survive getting shot in the head with a laser, something normally fatal to either normal people or Vocaloids.)
- Energy Blasts - The Kaja Tala (Echo Beam) allows the user to shoot out a laser attack that is different depending on each user.
- Elemental Magic - Naturally, as constructs of the Lunardream Family, they have access to all eight elements. And the Imevagi (Magic Power) skill increases magical power. Parre (Barrier) also increases magical resistance.
- Flash Step - The Vilkuma (Blink) skill allows swift movement in quick bursts. Each Vocaloid has their own distinctive sound upon using it.
- Stat-O-Vision - The Echo Scouter is a built-in visor which contains a bestiary, measures enemy powers, current health, etc.
- Theme Naming: The three Ultima Vocaloids all have music related last names. The eight main Vocaloids as their hero selves represent their color, Rising Star and Lunar Maiden excluded.
Miku Hatsune / Rising Star
- Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: Frost / LightSpecies: Vocaloid
The title protagonist of Legend of the Rising Star, and main heroine. She's a celebrity / city guardian of Crypton Province in the employ of Shining Advent, a widely known paramilitary guild led by Lelus and Attemi Chorusalem, two Vocaloids who hold the secrets of the Lunardream Family. She's not the best, but not the worst either— her primary weapon is a leek-themed laser blade called Omni.
Miku, as time passes, learns that she's actually the chosen one for the legendary heroine Rising Star after pulling out a leek-themed laser scythe called Joker Moon out of a dragon's skull, something that hadn't been able to do until now. With the threat of the Apocalytes, she rises up to the cause with the rest of her friends and finds new allies on the way.
In reality, she isn't just the chosen one for Rising Star— she's actually the same hero, only she was reduced to an infant form after she was attacked by a group of surviving Apocalytes in the past along with her companions. Since then, the Lunardream Family decided it was best to keep the now-infant heroes in stasis until it was time they were needed again, hence why they were re-discovered by Karloff and Satoshi back when they were still in their twenties.
She is also the representative for Vocalis herself.
- Alas, Poor Yorick: When Luka gets killed, her head rolls right in front of Miku. Cue to both of them sobbing like there's no tommorrow. In a more disturbing move, Miku keeps Luka's decapitated head and becomes a shut-in, closing herself off from everyone else.
- Animal Motifs: Moon Rabbit, due to her association with the Lunardream Family.
- Badass Adorable
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Her Rising Star forms get better and better as time goes on.
- Badass Longcoat: Not normally, but each of her forms have this.
- Bash Brothers: With Augustus. Appropriate, considering how many times they get paired up by Lelus and Attemi.
- Break the Cutie: Throughout the series, there's been many opportunites for the villains to get to her. But by far the worst has to be Luka's decapitation right in front of her eyes— it affected her enough to the point where she actually loses the upcoming battle to the Apocalytes and winds up dooming the world.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: At first. As time goes on, the "lazy" part goes away.
- Character Development: Goes from being a rather stubborn brat with lacking skills into an elegant badass.
- Despair Event Horizon: Given all the circumstances— aka. her best friend since childhood turning against her, her big sister getting murdered right in front of her eyes and many other things happening at the time, it's safe to say that she basically gave up.
- Driven to Suicide / FaceHeel Turn: There was a reason why she did so poorly in the second battle against Sacrificial Alice-turned Rin.
- Elemental Powers: As the chosen one for Rising Star, Miku has to study all eight elements and their virtues to stand a chance against the Apocalytes. Although, the road is rather bumpy:
- Null: The gateway to the other elements, since Null deals with all of them at once.
- Light: One of Miku's native elements.
- Dark: Easily one of the most difficult for her to learn, since it naturally conflicts with her light alignment.
- Luna: Another hard one for her to learn since Luna is also an opposite of Light.
- Frost: Another of her native elements.
- Flame: However, because of that, Flame is yet another hard one, mostly if not because she's scared of it.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her ultimate form, Rising Star, has a nicely designed goth-loli themed dress.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Heartbroken Badass: After Luka's death.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her entire arsenal is made up of leek themed lightsaber-esque weapons. They consist of Omni, a lance, a scythe with a blade so sharp it can pierce through some of the hardest materials known in history, a crossbow, a hammer made to break through enemy defenses and a shield that shoots out knives.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Averted early on.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Miku holds the widest assortment of weapons and is skilled enough to take on strong monsters by herself. However, she's not as strong as Meiko, as fast as Gakupo, as magically superior as Kaito, as strategically sound as her sister Luka, as resourceful as Gumi and so on.
- Motif: The Lunardream Family teal star with black wings and Moon Rabbit motif fit Miku eerily well. Keep in mind that this is completely accidental.
- Ms. Fanservice: Not to the extend of say, Meiko, but she's still up there.
- Meaningful Name: It makes even more sense in Legend of the Rising Star as Miku was one of the first Vocaloids made in Lunardream history.
- Mega Twintails: One of her defining visual traits.
- Master Of Two: While Miku eventually learns how to control all eight elements, her forte lies in her natural elements (Frost and Light) and never actually learns anything advanced like Luka's ability to use time control or Meiko's purple flames, etc.
- One-Girl Army: Easily becomes one of the strongest throughout the series.
- Pimped-Out Dress: What she wears upon turning into the Silent Empress. Her Rising Star costumes also count.
- The Protagonist: Of the entire series.
- Yandere: Becomes one after Luka's death. To who, you may ask? To her dead sister.
- You Gotta Have Turquoise Hair: Out of the entire cast, Miku is one of the rare one or two who have turquoise hair.
Megurine Luka / Lunar Maiden
- Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: LunaSpecies: Vocaloid
The second main heroine of the series, and a Vocaloid woman who serves as a city guardian for Crypton Province. She is Miku's older sister and primary tactician of Shining Advent, usually the one to prepare the battle plans and strategies. Luka shows some affection towards Gakupo, but does so in a Tsundere way, even though that doesn't stop him from trying.
In reality, she is indeed Lunar Maiden, but had her memory erased upon being cursed into hibernation and reduced to nothing more than a baby. The curse had worn off several milleniums later during modern times, forcing Luka and the rest to start over with new identities. That is, until the Apocalytes show up and they find out the secret behind the Vocaloids. Lunar Maiden is on par with Rising Star, making her one of the strongest threats against the Apocalytes.
She is also the representative of the goddess of the moon herself, Pandora, who spearheads the Lunardream Family's work alongside Ranthael, the god of Order.
- The Archer: Is this along with having a laser-whip and a living parasol creature.
- Back from the Dead: After getting decapitated by the Apocalytes, she is revived as the undead Lunacy Witch Sacrificial Alice.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Badass Bookworm: The most intelligent of the team, and shows it.
- Cool Big Sis: Literally, to Miku. Still applies to everyone else.
- Genius Bruiser
- Hot Witch: As the Lunacy Witch when she's not being ungodly terrifying.
- Lady of War
- Ms. Fanservice: Pretty much.
- Off with Her Head!: Mid-way through the story, Luka gets killed by getting decapitated, with her and everyone else's deaths signaling the fall of the Vocaloids and the world. As an added bonus, Miku gets traumatized and does poorly against the enemy forces leaving her to get murdered as well.
- Parasol of Pain: Oddly enough, the only one she gets is a discolored copy of Parasoul's weapon called Replikrieg.
- Plucky Girl
- Statuesque Stunner
- Team Mom: Is the most nurturing and watchful of the team, aided by Meiko.
- Mama Bear: Should you do something to her friends, or god forbid, Miku, you'll regret it.
- Whip It Good: Her first (and trademark) weapon is a laser whip called Neo Camellia.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Meiko / Vermillion Soldier
- Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: FlameSpecies: VocaloidStarting Level: Lv. 840
A Vocaloid woman who serves as one of the city guardians / celebrities for Crypton Province. She is the primary combat tutor for Shining Advent, being the one to teach everyone how to fight. Not only that, combined with her Tugevus enhancement, she is easily one of the strongest Vocaloids available. Meiko has an affinity for alcohol and is Kaito's lover, much to his detriment.
She is the chosen one for Vermillion Soldier, one of the eight Legendary Warriors from the Lore of the Apocalyean War. She specializes in all types of weaponry, but sticks to blades (giant broadswords as well)
In reality, she is Vermillion Soldier, but had her memory erased upon being cursed into hibernation and reduced to nothing more than a baby. The curse had worn off several milleniums later during modern times, forcing Meiko and the rest to start over with new identiies. That is, until the Apocalytes show up and they find out the secret behind the Vocaloids. Vermillion Soldier was the main leader of the armies back then, and the one who pitched the idea of Tsuki items so the common people can participate in the war.
She is the representative to the god of flame, aka. Prometheus.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Blood Knight: Has shades of it.
- Berserk Button: Several. But she really does not like getting groped, especially by dead guys.
- Break the Cutie: Had a breakdown in Noble Dead, but got over it relatively quickly thanks to the others.
- BFS: Dragon Slayer Balmung. That is all.
- Cool Big Sis: At her best.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Heroes Prefer Swords
- The Lad-ette: Pretty much. But even then, she doesn't really do it to show off.
- Lady of War
- Master Swordsman: Not only that, her broadsword is just as large as she is and she swings it around with no problem.
- Feminine Boy Masculine Girl: To Kaito's FeminineBoy. It also works that Meiko's the physical tank while Kaito is a powerful mageknight.
- Ms. Fanservice: Where do we begin? She gets more of this treatment than anyone else.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Not really, as she's usually kind of mellow. However, piss her off and you won't live to tell the tale.
- Super Strength: Characterized as being ungodly strong, thanks to the inherited Tugevus ability.
- Stripperific: To a degree.
- Tsundere: Easily the most hotheaded and brash of the team, but at the same time, she does care a lot about them.
- Team Mom: Next to Luka.
- Mama Bear: A vertible time bomb— she will get you if you do something to her friends.
- The Danza: Is based off of her voice actress in real life.
Kaito / Azure Sentinel
- Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: FrostSpecies: Vocaloid
A Vocaloid man and one of the city guardians / celebrities for Crypton Province. He stands as the highest ranking mageknight of Shining Advent, being the one to teach people how to learn proper magic usage and maintain the headquarters. Kaito's Imevagi and his control over Frost make him a force to be reckoned with, even if he's alone. He's also Meiko's lover and an ice cream maniac.
He is the chosen one for Azure Sentinel and specializes in lances.
In reality, he is Azure Sentinel but had his memory erased upon being cursed into hibernation and reduced to nothing more than a baby. The curse had worn off several milleniums later during modern times, forcing Kaito and the rest to start over with new identiies. That is, until the Apocalytes show up and they find out the secret behind the Vocaloids. He in particular was responsible with the notion for creating the Silence Gems along with Luka.
He is also the representative for the god of ice and the ocean, who was known as Pontus back then.
- Automatic Crossbow: Has one in reserve and he calls it Tessie.
- Badass Longcoat
- Scarf Of Asskicking: One of the defining traits for Kaito is his scarf.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: His Count of Icy Death form and his Azure Sentinel costume.
- Bishounen: Pretty much. Even for as much as he is a goof, he is still this.
- Butt-Monkey: To Meiko on bad days.
- Black Mage: Is easily the strongest magic-wise of the group.
- Blade on a Stick: His weapon of choice. His first (and trademark) weapon is an ice lance named Leviathan, while his second weapon is a trident called the Tiefen Wessen Klaue, which translates into Deep Ones Claw.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Normally, he's considered rather cowardly and non-confrontational, but get him onto the field and there's no telling what he could do with his opponents.
- The Ditz: Most of the time.
- FeminineBoy: To Meiko's MasculineGirl.
- Mr. Fanservice: Along with Gakupo.
- Lightning Bruiser: The Imevagi skill makes him nearly unstoppable under the right conditions.
Kamui Gakupo / Amethyst Keeper
- Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: CloudSpecies: Vocaloid
A Vocaloid samurai and one of the city guardians for Crypton Province. He was a former student of Meiko in the art of swordplay and takes after her by being one of the combat instructors for Shining Advent. Much like his mentor, he has a lot of expertise when it comes to using blades and is usually stated to being deadlier than her despite lacking her enhanced strength. He lives at the Citadel with his younger sister Gumi, keeping down the fort while the others are away.
He is also the chosen one for Amethyst Keeper.
In reality, he is the very same hero but had his memory erased upon being cursed into hibernation and reduced to nothing more than a baby. The curse had worn off several milleniums later during modern times, forcing Gakupo and the rest to start over with new identiies. That is, until the Apocalytes show up and they find out the secret behind the Vocaloids. Keeper was responsible for serving as a spy during the war and detailing on enemy secrets, along with several other things.
He is also the representative for the god of the wind, and was created in a dual effort between Amaterasu (the goddess of the sun) and Vocalis (the goddess of music and machinery) in the same way everyone else was.
- Author Avatar: Not of the story's creator, but rather of his own creator, Gackt.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: After Luka gets killed, his stand against Rin is essentially his way of saying this.
- Badass Long Robe
- The Casanova / Casanova Wannabe: Both at certain times, since while he can be charming to other women, his efforts just fail on Luka, the woman he really loves. (which is ironic, since she shares his romantic feelings)
- Dogged Nice Guy: Luka treats him like crap for as much as he tries to get her to love him. (In reality, she's being all Tsundere to him because she doesn't want to recite her real feelings for him, not because she doesn't like him.)
- Which eventually leads to an Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other moment.
- Everything's Better with Samurai
- Handsome Lech: One of his defining quirks, but certainly not the least.
- Harem Seeker: As the Violet Archduke, which reflects a certain song Gakupo starred in...
- Hopeless Boss Fight: Against Llednar Twem of the Holy Council group. Gakupo gets beaten so badly that if the other heroes didn't step in, he would have gotten killed.
- There's also his bout against Sacrificial Alice-turned Rin. He seriously wants to get her back for killing Luka and Gumi, but doesn't want to risk his own. However, she corners him anyway and the rest is history.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His signature weapon, the Murasaki No Kaze (Purple Wind), which can be supercharged by lightning. It is also the only weapon that Miku doesn't get a leeksaber copy of, making it unique.
- Made of Iron: Out of the eight Vocaloids, Gakupo winds up the worst for wear most of the time.
Gumi Megpoid / Jade Vigilante
- Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: EarthSpecies: Vocaloid
A Vocaloid girl who serves as a city guardian for Crypton Province. She's Gakupo's younger sister and she lacks any real defining skills, resorting to being the "pack mule" of the bunch, keeping everyone else's stuff inside of her hyperspace backpack. However, she is fully capable of defending herself due to her expertise with ranged weapons, with her weapons of choice being a giant cannon that can take the shape of a pocket-sized cube and a rifle called Murdlaine (Estonian for Breaker).
She is also the chosen one for Jade Vigilante.
In reality, she is the very same heroine but had her memory erased upon being cursed into hibernation and reduced to nothing more than a baby. The curse had worn off several milleniums later during modern times, forcing Gumi, her brother and the rest to start over with new identiies. That is, until the Apocalytes show up and they find out the secret behind the Vocaloids. In the past, Vigilante served as a main army leader alongside Vermillion Soldier.
She is also the representative for the god of the earth element.
- Annoying Younger Sister: Averted - while Gumi usually bugs her older brother, the two of them interact with each other as if they're equals.
- Ax-Crazy: Shows it in spades as time goes on.
- Badass Adorable: Easily the most lighthearted of the bunch, but also incredibly dangerous.
- Beware the Nice Ones: One of the main reasons why Gumi is a force to be reckoned with.
- Blush Sticker
- Curtains Match the Window
- The Ditz
- Expy: Personality-wise, she was based off of Patty from Soul Eater.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Inverted, contrary of other depictions— her goggles are her own personal Echo Scouter.
- Genius Ditz: Surprisingly, for as much as she is a kook, she shows cunning on even Luka's level.
- Nonstandard Character Design: Not only when compared to the rest of the Vocaloids, but also to the creator's own original designs.
- The Danza: Named after her voice actress, much like Meiko.
- The Gunslinger
Rin & Len Kagamine / Sunglow Paladins
- Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: Light (Rin), Dark (Len), Cloud (Both)Species: VocaloidStarting Level: Lv. 500 (both)
Two Vocaloid twins who serve as part of the city guardians that keep Crypton Province safe. They're the youngest of the team (14 years old compared to Miku's 18 or even Gumi's 19), but at the same time, they're skilled enough to fight on par with everyone else. Rin is the bossier, cynical and protective of the duo, being the one to be in charge while Len is more laid back and willing to listen to what people have to say. They both carry a pair of scythes for weapons, Len's being the Newmoon Scythe and Rin's being the Fullmoon Scythe, with Fullmoon being stronger the healthier Rin is, with the opposite for Len's Newmoon which gets stronger the more injured he gets and so on.
The two of them are also the chosen ones for two Sunglow Paladin twin heroes, as to be expected.
In reality, like everyone else, they are indeed the same heroes, but they had their memories erased upon being cursed into hibernation and reduced to nothing more than babies. The curse had worn off several milleniums later during modern times, forcing the Kagamine twins and the rest to start over with new identiies. That is, until the Apocalytes show up and they find out the secret behind the Vocaloids. In the past, the twins were in charge of tactics operations.
They were both representatives of the goddess of the sun (Amaterasu) and the god of absolute darkness. (Puritus Bane)
- A Love to Dismember: After killing Miku and slicing her arm off upon becoming the Princess of Madness, she keeps the damn thing around with her and covets it in a very Yandere way.
- Little Miss Badass: Rin.
- BadassAdorable: The both of them, naturally.
- Casting a Shadow: Len's specialty. This is the reason why he has the Newmoon scythe.
- Contractual Immortality: Len, much like Nocta from the regular Starlit Heroics canon, has a phoenix-shaped crystal inside of his body that brings him back to life automatically upon dying.
- The Power of the Sun / Holy Hand Grenade: Rin's specialty, to compliment her brother. This is the reason why she had the Fullmoon scythe.
- Lightning Bruiser: They are the fastest and, thanks to their scythes and element combinations, are some of the hardest hitters for the team.
- Took a Level in Badass: Rin, upon turning into her Sacriloid form, becomes the most consistent threat against the Vocaloids and their allies. And for a very good reason.
- The Dreaded: Rin essentially becomes this when she turns into her Sacrificial Alice form, since she'd be the cause for not only the deaths of the other main Vocaloids but also the advantage that'd give the Apocalytes the edge to win, as she'd basically be the ambassador to make deals with other villanous organizations like the Holy Council and so on.
The leader of the Shining Advent paramilitary guild that everyone works for and one of three Ultima Vocaloids who have the responsibility of keeping records of legends and myths that occured throughout the course of history. He and his sister Attemi made Shining Advent as a way to keep the city of Crypton Province safe from harm, because if they weren't going to do it, nobody would.
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Brilliant, but Lazy: As an Ultima Vocaloid, he is decidedly more powerful than any of the main eight Vocaloids at the beginning, but is also shown to be rather lazy and laid-back, as opposed to his sister.
- Casting a Shadow
- Crutch Character: Surprisingly. Early on, he's the strongest out of the entire team along with his sister, but gets outclassed by the characters that arrive later on.
- Motif: He and all the other Ultima Vocaloids all wear black in one way or another, wear black nail polish, and have laser antennas coming out of their earphones. More specificially, he and his sister are specifically designed to compliment each other visually (I.E they both wear black and white dresses that compliment each other like Lelus's charcoal suit and Attemi's Elegant Gothic Lolita dress, control light and darkness, have a gloved hand on their opposing arms, have heterochromia and so on) while being very different personality-wise (Lelus is a lazy Deadpan Snarker bum while Attemi is a sweet-but-maybe-too-soft mother figure)
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Home Series: Starlit Heroics (Debut: Legend of the Rising Star)Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: LightSpecies: Vocaloid
Lelus's sister, and co-founder of Shining Advent. She is also one of three Ultima Vocaloids who have the responsibility of keeping records of legends and myths that occured throughout the course of history.
- Home Series: Starlit Heroics (Debut: Legend of the Rising Star)Story Debut: Lunacy Carnival (#3)Element: LunaSpecies: Vocaloid
The eldest of the Three Ultima Vocaloids, and a cat-themed Vocaloid that controls the powers of darkness.
- Cool Big Sis: Is more or less this.
- Expy: A huge one to Perrault from Lunar Knights, right down to having her own mecha and both of them being cats.
Yowane Haku / Isabella Benze
- Story Debut: Intro (#1)Element: FrostSpecies: Vocaloid ( originally human)
Neru Akita / Miyamoto
- Story Debut: Lunacy Carnival (#3 - also mentioned in chapter 1)Element: LightSpecies: Vocaloid ( originally human)
- Story Debut: Noble Dead (#2 - also mentioned in chapter 1)Element: Light / CloudSpecies: VocaloidStarting Level: Lv. 330
Albert "Big Al" Rodriguez
- Story Debut: Black Shadow (#7)Element: EarthSpecies: Vocaloid
Twelve people chosen as the ones to follow Miku in her quest to fight against the Apocalytes.
- Badass Crew: Especially once they all get along.
- Odd Friendship: Think about it. There's like three different Anti-Heroes (Four if you count the Freeman's Mind version of Gordon) with varying degrees of Ax-Crazy to them, a shy, anti-social Hikikomori, two knights with a strict code of honor, the ditzy-yet-noble princess of the Mushroom Kingdom and so on, all being paired up in the same house as the Vocaloids. Yet for some strange reason, it all works out, and for these reasons:
- Opposites Attract: The main reason why the more negative characters gravitate towards the more idealistic ones.
- Birds of a Feather: And the same time, there's similar characters that compliment each other perfectly. Cecil and Leon come into mind when it comes to being noble knight characters. There's also Bulleta and Peacock, the combination of which is so fitting that it actually makes sense.
- The Chosen Many: Each one has a significant purpose and a significant enemy on the Apocalyean side (or in Cecil and Gordon's case— the Holy Council and the Combine side.).
Link vi Hyrulea
A boy who serves as Augustus's best friend and a skilled swordsman despite being only a teenager. He lives with his uncle and has been practicing in the art of swordplay since he was a kid, even learning some advanced techniques such as the Mortal Draw and so on. During the two parter Chorusalem tournament held by the Vocaloids, he competes and becomes the champion of the first part, becoming one of the Crypton Vanguard city guardians as a reward.
In reality, he is the newest incarnation of the Hero who holds the Triforce of Courage. He is also a member of the Hyrulean Royal family— he was teleported from his home as per the request of the goddess Pandora when he was nothing but an infant and left to be raised in the planet of Divixus, where he would grow much more powerful than any other previous incarnation of the Hero. He not only gains the ability to wield the Four Sword but also the Master Sword, the former of which would be able to slay Vaati but not Ganondorf.
- Badass Adorable
- Cute Mute
- Deflector Shield: Literally— when he gets powered up by the Spirit of Wisdom, he gains the ability to project a blue barrier from his shield.
- Flaming Sword: After his sword gets powered up by the Spirit of Power.
- Heroic Mime
- Legacy Character: He is the most recent incarnation of the Hero.
- Master Swordsman
- Me's a Crowd: The main gimmick of having the Four Sword.
- Sword Beam: When his sword gets powered up by the Spirit of Courage.
A mysterious entity who appeared out of nowhere during the Noble Dead chapter to save Miku from Zatsune. She bears a flaming blue eye and a giant-ass gun, whisking the heroes away from mortal danger.
In reality, she is the loyal confidant of Rising Star and the Lunardream Family, serving as a sort of bodyguard for her even for milleniums to come. In recent days with the Apocalytes preparing for war, Shooter makes an effort with Pandora to scour for heroes to help them in their cause.
- Alternate Universe: This Black Rock Shooter is not the same one people are familiar with (due to her backstory being completely revamped for the story), but she shares all familiar character traits.
- Master Swordsman
- Heroic Mime: Most of the time, since she almost never actualy talks to anyone else.
- Playing with Fire
An otaku assassin who wields a plethora of beam katanas and a royally messed up life. He had just finished taking down the United Assassins Association back in No More Heroes 2 only to be randomly teleported into the planet of Divixus. Much to his surprise (or not, considering what he faced back home), he finds himself in the city of Crypton Province. When there, he comes across the Kagamine twins and an entire flock of Exequias led by the Apocalyte known as Libitina - a Nachzehrer Cadavelier (zombie class that stays inside of its coffin to fight) girl.
Once they defeat Libitina, Travis subsequentially joins Shining Advent.
- Alliterative Name: Pretty much.
- Animal Motifs: Tigers. Several of his shirts have tigers on them, and his Cool Bike is named after them. The name is transliterated in Japanese as "Torabisu", and "tora" means tiger. Also, he can transform into a tiger for a short period of time in the second game. And his wrestling moves include the Tiger Suplex and Tiger Driver.
- Anti-Hero: Type 1, after what he learned since the last game.
- Blood Knight: Travis got started as an assassin because he bought a beam katana off the Internet. And now he's going up against people much more fearsome and powerful than before and still staying on top.
- Byronic Hero: In the first game. Character Development at the end and continuing into Desperate Struggle helped greatly. He even finds himself to be a changed man because of it, even getting to teach Bulleta a thing or two.
- Color Motif: Red, obviously.
- Character Development: After the loads he got back in the second game, it really shows here. It helps that the Vocaloids are much nicer than the people back at Santa Destroy, which rubs off on Travis in a good way.
- Determinator: Travis's Tsuki item reflect his personality— and the powers gained include stronger defense (Kaitsele) and magical resistance (Parre). He puts these to good use.
- Master Swordsman
Princess Peach Toadstool
The princess and ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom, who oftenly needs to be saved by Mario and Luigi from Bowser. However, in Legend of the Rising Star, she's picked for the Chosen Six due to Pandora recognizing her potential to be one of the saviors able to defeat the Apocalyte threat. And for all we know, she's right. Peach, upon getting teleported to Divixus, lands directly in the country of Neumond Reich, the home of black-blooded demons.
After coming across a mysterious woman named Illua, who is really one of the commanders for the Holy Council, Peach is offered the chance to join her group due to her innate magical strength but is quickly whisked away by an unknown entity before she could reply. She then meets the Hemidial rabbit siblings, who had rescued her from being recruited by who they described as "bad news". With that, Peach learns of the Vocaloids and is taken to Crypton Province to meet up with them.
- Badass Adorable: ... But still retains her lovable behavior.
- Blade on a Stick / Parasol of Pain: Her parasol turns into a long naginata-esque blade called the Star Slicer.
- Deadpan Snarker: Which is a reference from her Super Paper Mario appearance.
- Shout-Out: Her alternate form, Rosen Baroness, looks like Maria from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
The first (known) of the Belmont vampire hunting clan, and a near-invincible knight who operated during the medieval era in Earth. He had his beloved Sara Trantoul stolen from him by a vampire named Walter Bernhard as told to him by his best friend, Mathias Cronqvist, and so Leon went on a large trek through his castle to slay him to get her back. Upon doing so, it was revealed that Walter had bitten Sara and she would eventually turn into a vampire. Willing to sacrifice herself to make the weapon that could defeat Walter, Sara's soul becomes one with the Whip of Alchemy given to Leon and transforms into the legendary Vampire Killer.
Armed with the Vampire Killer, Leon goes and defeats Walter, only to have Death to come in, steal Walter's soul and have it placed into the Ebony Stone. Mathias comes in and takes the Ebony Stone, which he then uses to become the legendary Dracula. After going up against Death and defeating him in battle, Leon pledges that his family will hunt Dracula for as long as they live.
Several centuries later in modern times, though— the Apocalytes plan to bring Leon back to life to assimilate him into their ranks. The plan fails and he escapes, leading him to wander around in Divixus aimlessly. He comes across the Vocaloids and confuses them for enemies, leading him to engage them in battle. He outsmarts them, but thanks to Black★Rock Shooter, he loses and realizes that they're the good guys, with him opting to ask if he could help them.
- A Fish Out Of Temporal Water: Since it's been centuries since he was last alive, he's sort of bewildered by the advanced world that lies before him. But even then, he adapts pretty damn fast, when you think about it.
- Badass Longcoat
- Bishounen: Next to Cecil.
- Whip It Good
Django is the last of the Solar Children, and current wielder of the Gun Del Sol, which he inherited from his father, Red Ringo, who is known as one of the greatest vampire hunters. Django has been known as the one who has vanquished the Queen of Immortals ( Who is his aunt, due to Django's mother being an Immortal just like her.), resealing the Ancestor Piece Jormugandr <I>and</i> the Beast of Destruction, Vanargand. ( Which was in reality, an extension of Palandezo)
He holds the power of not only the sun, but also darkness after being bitten by his vampirified father in the second game, turning him into a half-human, half-vampire mix. He can also freely turn between both forms., along with having great skill with swordplay. He is accompanied by a sunflower spirit named Otenko who serves as the Messenger of the Sun and Django's mentor.
He is asked by Pandora to come to Divixus and join up with the Vocaloids who would become his greatest allies in the future conflict between the Apocalytes. He agrees and becomes part of Shining Advent.
- Badass Adorable: When you take a closer look at him, he's actually sort of meek when compared to Link, who is characterized by his headstrong, courageous nature.
- Master Swordsman
- Super-Powered Evil Side: His vampire form.
- The Power of the Sun
- The Gunslinger
Dr. Gordon Freeman
A physicist who was about half a hour late for an experiment, taking place deep within the Black Mesa Research Facility. If only he had known that it would soon become the least of his worries that day.
Finding himself at the ground zero of a disaster, trapped between a invasion of aggressive creatures from the dimension Xen and a shadowy military force that wants him and his colleagues dead (Although, he thinks it was a rescue operation that went horribly wrong), Freeman manages to battle his way across the facility in the span of two days, staying alive against all odds, aided by his HEV suit and staunch determination (and cynical remarks). He is eventually teleported to Xen, where he takes on the leader of the aliens, after which he finds himself face to face with the mysterious G-Man, who offers him a job.
Soon after, he is put in stasis for twenty years, waking up in the middle of an undefined time between 2020 where he finds himself in the middle of an Earth that had been conquered by the ambiguously large and powerful Combine alien race. After he traverses through the various rebel bases, he is declared the "One Free Man" and leads an (unintentional) rebellion against the Combine. Upon sealing the Superportal they intended to use to recieve backup from the Combine overworld, Gordon is sent to search for the Borealis vessel, only to be sent through a portal through time and space. He wound up eight years earlier and on the alien planet of Divixus, where he is greeted by the Vocaloids. Unsure, he is forcefully put into their ranks.
Upon realizing the threat that Earth was under because of the Combine Empire, Pandora realizes that she has to create a time-space warp with Vocalis to two days before the Resonance Cascade that caused this whole mess. After doing so and having the Vocaloids and everyone else go and quell the entire Combine Empire in over the course of two days`, Gordon fades from the passage of time along with the rest of the events that lead up to Half-Life 2. However, to take his place, Pandora recruits the Gordon Freeman from pre-cascade into the Twelve Holy Apostles from the beginning with a new title — the Half-Life Soldier.
- Badass Bookworm
- Cloud Cuckoolander: And it was implied that he's been like this even before this current career as the One Free Man.
- Character Development: When he's introduced, he's indistinguishable from the Gordon from Freeman's Mind— who was a narcissitic and eccentric individual who's easily irritated by everyone around him. That is, until Samus absolutely curb stomps him and rightfully castigates him in front of everyone else, essentially smashing his inflated ego. After the fight, Gordon begins to reflect on himself and begins to become a better person. ( Pandora was so moved by this that she actually granted everyone Ripple-Proof Memory to make sure that they all remember this, Gordon especially.)
- Future Badass: Gordon is teleported to 2012 on Divixus, eight years before the events of Half-Life 2. Subverted when they go back further in time to defeat the Combine and Gordon is replaced by the version of himself from before the Resonance Cascade.
- The Gunslinger
- Ripple-Proof Memory: Invoked by Pandora when she makes it so that the pre-Cascade Gordon remembers his experiences from before and also makes it so that everyone remembers him.
- "World of Cardboard" Speech: Gives one after having thought about Samus's "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
Bulleta / Bonnie Hood
A skilled Darkstalker Hunter, and a girl no older than 14. (Making her a year older than Peacock below) Her heart was so tainted with darkness that Jedah Dohma, the main antagonist of Darkstalkers 3, brought her into the demon world, Majigen ( Which in reality was a part of the Dream Realm) to participate in the battle between Darkstalkers to decide who was worthy to join the Apocalyean regime and summon the Fetus of God, which would be used to reave destruction should all else fail. However, Bulleta, before she comes across Jedah, is teleported out of Majigen by Pandora and winds up in the planet of Divixus, nearby Crypton Province.
While there, she asks around just where she is. Upon doing so, she searches for the highest paying organization, which happened to be Shining Advent. She meets the Vocaloids and offers them her services for an absurd amount of money— even after clever consideration, they accept her offer and take her in as part of the team.
- Anti-Hero: Type IV starting off, like usual. Although, with the help of Travis and the others, she slowly descends into Type II.
- Ax-Crazy: Despite all of her character development, this aspect of her doesn't change.
- Badass Adorable: When it comes to looks.
- Badass Normal: Before being abruptly sent to Divixus, she was implied to have murdered several Darkstalkers already. Remember, this is before her upgrade.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Upon gaining her specific Tsuki item. And it works out so much better for her because of it.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: And how.
- Character Development: Where do we begin? She started off as a money-grubbing, incredibly rude and pushy psychotic Bitch in Sheep's Clothing, but thanks to the others, she eventually grew less obnoxious.
- Embarrassing First Name: Turns out she uses Bulleta because she doesn't like her first name, which is Bonnie.
- Jerkass: And how! Unlike Peacock or Travis, the former of which is just as psychotic, Bulleta shows her discontent of being paired up with people she hates and other things all while being incredibly rude. Thank god for character development.
- The Gunslinger
- Little Red Riding Hood: Pretty much.
- Little Red Fighting Hood
- More Dakka
A shy, shut-in girl who stays by herself at home, sleeping her days away and spending her time exploring her dream world. Upon collecting all the effects inside of her dreams, she is inexplicably teleported to the planet of Divixus on Crypton Province.
Before she could meet the Vocaloids, however, she is confronted by a familiar childhood friend— Madotsuki. She tells Urotsuki to come with her, but she decides not to since she was told to see the Vocaloids. Madotsuki lets her go, but says that she'll be back for her. That aside, Lelus and Attemi see Urotsuki and realize that she's the last hero prophecized by Pandora to join the team, and so they let her in.
- Ax-Crazy: In battle.
- Badass Adorable: For as much as she is deranged, she's also surprisingly innocent and lovable.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: As shown by her dreams, she beats Gordon out of the water when it comes to weirdness.
- Chainsaw Good: Her defining attribute and her favorite weapon.
- Dream World: Where all of her powers stem from when utilized / enhanced by the Tsuki item.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: The Rainbow effect turns her into a flexible blob of living colors.
- Goth: Of the perky variety.
- Magikarp Power: Is the weakest out of every hero that shows up (even other protagonists of the stories written by the creator are more powerful than Urotsuki at their lowest point) yet when her power kicks in, it makes her a force to be reckoned with.
- Sinister Scythe: The Lantern effect turns into a ghostly scythe with purple fire.
- Shout-Out: The Lantern effect has the color scheme and look of a Chandelure.
- Similarly, the Wolf effect gives her an outfit like Homura Akemi's.
Peacock / Patricia Watson
Once a war orphan slave named Patricia, Peacocks body was gruesomely mutilated by slave traders that captured her. She was rescued by Dr. Avians Anti-Skullgirls Labs, and rebuilt her with a (literally) reality-defying biomechanical arsenal: the Argus System augmented her body, and the Avery Unit gave her access to unprecedented weaponry. Alas, they couldnt do anything for her mind: Peacocks damaged psyche and abiding love of cartoons shaped her new toys into a terrifying gang of cronies, whom she has no qualms using to Paintthe Town Red with blood.
Peacock was specifically engineered to serve as the bane of the Skullgirl and thanks to its sudden emergence one day, she gets to prove that. Along the way as Peacock searches for the Skullgirl, though, she recieves news that Lab 8 is under attack and rushes over immediately only to find out the place is a wreck and that her father figure, Doctor Avian, has been mortally wounded. He barely survives and reveals that Valentine is responsible, leading Peacock to the Grand Cathedral where she confronts the Skullgirl - who is now her former best friend, Marie.
Peacock defeats Marie and has a heartfelt conversation with her before destroying the Skull Heart and taking up the personal mission to defeat the Medici Mafia once and for all.
An undefined amount of time later, Peacock is randomly teleported to Crypton Province from the Canopy Kingdom. Confused about what happened, she attempts to find out where she is only to have an Apocalyean Apostle named Monochroma show up and get in the way. The two exchange banter and fight each other, but Peacock is overpowered by the Apostle almost instantly. However, though, Peacock is saved by a mysterious entity and transported to the foot of the Shining Advent headquarters.
When she meets the Vocaloids, they realize that she's one of the heroes sent as decreed by Pandora and they let her in, given that they fulfill Peacock's conditions which mostly consist of making it feel like home for her.
- Abnormal Ammo: Her revolver fires, amongst other things, bowling balls, baseballs, and Bullet Bills.
- Assist Characters: She has a bunch of strange characters that help her during some of her attacks, if they aren't the attack itself. The most seen of these, especially in art, are Avery (a little blue bird dressed in attire matching Peacock) and walking bombs of small and large sizes (George and Lenny, respectively). Others seen often are Andy Anvil, a boxing anvil with Popeye-like limbs and Tommy Ten Tons, a stout anthropomorphic 10T weight. These characters seem to be manifestations of Peacock's power. The Avery Unit she was equipped with (same name as the bird) was supposed to be a "spacial link" between her and an arsenal of weapons, but Peacock seems to be altering the weapons themselves in addition to calling them to her.
- Animal Motifs: Peacocks, obviously. In contrast, Monochroma is a feline.
- Ax-Crazy: Alongside Bulleta.
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Cape: In her Demon Hunter form.
- Body Horror: Aside from her brain and her face, there's practically nothing left of her. Her eyes were forcefully gored out, so technically what remains are her eyesockets (but she can see with the eyes on her arms).
- More Teeth Than the Osmond Family: Those aren't her real teeth, they are removable like dentures (so she doesn't wear them while asleep). She has, in effect, a miniature, stainless-steel Bear Trap in her mouth.
- Beam Spam: Argus Agony. It gets taken up a bit more in Demon Hunter, having four different variations on it and a super move called Oblivion Agony.
- Classy Cravat: In her Demon Hunter form.
- The Chosen Many: Peacock, like the others, is a hero destined to serve as the bane of the Apocalytes, specifically the Skullgirl.
- Legacy Character: Strangely enough, Peacock is noted to be the most recent incarnation of an "avian hero" who served as the enemy to the Skullgirl during the Apocalyean war.
- Nice Hat
The holy empire that rules over Heaven, and the ultimate good guys of the story. They are the people who keep the balance and lay down the laws for people to follow, while also serving as a Badass Crew, heavily enforced with their own personal army of monsters and various heroes throughout history. They've fought countless amounts of enemies as time passed, from the formerly-good and also now reformed Deathmoon Family, the empire of the Nachzehrer and so on.
However, in Legend of the Rising Star, they not only face an old foe from long ago who have gotten ready for revenge (the Apocalytes) but also various new enemies such as the Holy Council, the Combine Monarchy and so on.
Tropes that apply to the Lunardream Family as a whole:
- Big Good
- Color Motif: White, black, blue and sometimes turquoise.
- Meaningful Name: They deal with the moon and dreams (see Demedis) along with everything else.
- Moon Rabbit: A fitting theme to their setup and also their animal motif.
- Physical Gods: Well, obviously.
- Shout-Out: Their upside down crescent moon symbol is very reminicent of the one that appears in both Ōkami and Ōkamiden.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Well, 70% of the time.
- Lunacy: When things go pear-shaped.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: They tend to cause more problems than they solve.
The Lunardream Goddess of Life and the Moon who was credited for creating the artificial moon that orbits Divixus ( making her the successor to Amentia, the former goddess of the Moon) and the main deciding force against the Apocalytes along with her sister (Vocalis), her brother Ranthael and Madoka. ( And later on, her brother Prometheus) She is responsible for organizing the Twelve Holy Disciples, the Vocaloids and everyone else into a proper team against the Apocalyean empire.
- Big Good: Is the leader of all the heroes.
- Expy: A combination between Princess Celestia and Sailor Cosmos.
- Good Is Not Soft: She's one of the most kind-hearted people in the story, being the Goddess of Life and all. However, she will make sacrifices at all costs to make sure that the Apocalytes don't succeed in taking over.
- Guile Heroine: Despite being an upstanding lady, she'd do anything to make sure that the heroes win.
- Hot Goddess
- Lady of War
- Mega Twintails: Rainbow twintails, no-less. Also double as Ojou Ringlets.
- Multicolored Hair: She has twintails that flash through all the colors of the rainbow while having white at the center.
- Requisite Royal Regalia
- Silk Hiding Steel: She's a elegant and refined lady, but she's not going to pull any punches when it involves the safety of the universe.
- Physical God
Daniel Zilemont / Ranthael
The God of Order and the ruler of the Lunardream Family, who was reborn into a mortal human form after nearly dying in the battle against the Deathmoon Family long ago. He served as the hero of the father series to Legend of the Rising Star, making his appearance once again in here.
On the eve of the Fullmoon Festival, aka. an annual celebration of the heroes of the past held in Crypton Province, Daniel tags along his little sister Arcenia as the representatives of their kingdom and also to find a certain person that Pandora told him to dispose of. Turns out he meets them and the two of them have a fight so large that they nearly level the city that they fight in. However, due to Chaos Pulse, he gets downleveled and reverts into a kid, but even then he decides to stay along with the Vocaloids to help them in the fight against the Apocalytes.
- Bag of Spilling: He gets aged down and has his latent godly powers sealed in his fight with the Queen of the Apocalytes. The same fate also happens to Madoka.
- Big Good: Is the most powerful hero in the entire story, but was nerfed by Amentia before the story really took off.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Two entire years of peace made him a bum, but for the most part he shows off just what he's capable of.
- Classy Cravat: As Ranthael.
- Heroes Prefer Swords
- Physical God
- Unusual Ears: Is described as the "rabbit-eared god of Absolute Balance."
- Walking Spoiler: Daniel doesn't become Ranthael until half-way through Starlit Heroics.
The Lunardream Goddess of Machinery and Music, and the creator of the Vocaloids.
- "Miku, as the goddess of fate, I can tell you for sure that your fight against the Apocalytes isn't going to be easy... But don't worry. It'll all be worth it in the end. Now go get 'em!"
The Lunardream Goddess of Fate, defender of Heaven and creator of the Puella Magi series of Lunardream monsters.
- Adorkable: Even as a goddess.
- Adaptation Distillation: Starts out as Godoka instead of having to go through the hurdles shown in the anime. It's for the sake of concisety, Acceptable Breaks from Canon and fitting her for the original universe, similar to how the author handled Black★Rock Shooter.
- Adaptational Badass: Don't get us wrong, she was a kickass character in the show (when she actually got to doing something) but in Legend of the Rising Star, she's definitely in a different league than before, even when she gets depowered.
- Badass Adorable
- Bag of Spilling: Thanks to the Apocalyean queen's Limit Break, aka. Chaos Pulse, Madoka ages down and has her more latent powers sealed, essentially making her a lesser threat to the enemies.
- Color Motif: White and pink.
- The Ditz: When compared to the other Lunardream gods and goddesses.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals
- Pimped-Out Dress: Compared to the Godoka dress in the show, the Lunardream version is absolutely fabulous.
- Physical God
- Walking Spoiler: Not to anything in Legend of the Rising Star, but her own show. Madoka doesn't turn into a goddess until the end.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Sports Grade A in her depowered form.
Go to Legend Of The Rising Star Combine Hierarchy for more information.
Go to Legend Of The Rising Star Apocalytes for more information.
Go to Legend Of The Rising Star Apocalytes for more information.
Shalon / Cornelius Octavia
A strange, small cat-like angel creature that occasionally pops up to help the Vocaloids in their time of need. Despite his rather silly looking appearance, he has the marks of an Archangel and has the power that comes along with it, making him a very welcome ally.
In reality, he is Augustus's dead father after he was murdered by Zatsune. In order not to help stir Augustus's emotions (which are crucial to him becoming the Grim Reaper), he takes on the form he is in right now so as not to raise suspicion— watching him from far above and keeping him and his mother safe.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: His real reason for why he takes on the apperance of what he looks like now, since if Augustus knew his real identity, there'd be a very high chance of things going awry. Thanks to a curse inflicted to him by Chariot and Action 52, he cannot approach his son without being in his Shalon form and cannot know his true identity because it will trigger Thanatus from inside.
- Badass Adorable
- Badass Baritone
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Even in both forms
- Bishounen: Which is what he really looks like.
- Bumbling Dad: He was always like this, but really flaunts it off as Shalon.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Acts like an airhead, which perfectly compliments how he looks, but is ridiculously powerful and constantly reminds us that he is indeed an Archangel.
- Expy: A combination between Lord Death and Vyers/Mid-Boss/King Krichevskoy
- Fun Personified: Even back when he was still alive, he was like this.
- Instant Expert: Becoming an Archangel takes centuries at best or requires a ground-breaking / world-saving scenario, yet Shalon has become one in less than 5 years [[spoiler after he died]]. The real reason is because Pandora both saw potential in him and realized that they need all the help they can get in the shortest amount of time possible, so she instantly booted him up to Archangel status, albeit temporarily.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Keeps around a big (for his size) broadsword and uses it to slice the living hell out of his enemies.
- Our Angels Are Different
- Rapunzel Hair: In his true form.
- Vocal Dissonance: His voice is... deeper than it seems.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: While Augustus isn't essentially serious per se, Cornelius is out-and-out Fun Personified.
An organization of skilled monster hunters that once defeated the Nachzehrer empire and made peace with them. Instead of helping out Shining Advent (at first), they have their hands tied trying to find out the disappearence of two of their agents - they had disappeared while looking for a hidden city and haven't reported back since. ( Said hidden city is under the control of the Holy Council, who are the second antagonist group in the series.)
- Badass Crew: They not only survived against a large-scale Zombie Apocalypse but also defeated the source and helped restore order by curing the people that were infected. Statistically speaking, the founding members are all in the ~Lv. 1300 - Lv. 3000 range according to the supplementary material. (Which is staggering considering they appear early on in when the main heroes are only Lv. 200 or so.)
- Previous Player-Character Cameo: Classic example, seeing as they were the main characters in the Black Blood Crusades (a Zombie Apocalypse story set in Starlit Heroics as written by the same author who made this story)
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Foil: To his Pupus Magi / Apocalyean counterpart, Kyubey Kaname (who was also his inspiration). They share many qualities, but are overall very, very different people.
Salutenia Trescale / Eclipse Cross
A knight in service to the United Lunardream Church, and Laitona's personal bodyguard. She is a master swordsman and an excellent user of Dark-elemental magic, along with being a founding member of the Crimson Crusaders. She was tasked with assisting Laitona on her way to Crypton Province, with Umbra not far behind.
She is also Eclipse Cross, an incredibly strong Somalite (artificial magical construct made in Heaven) that was originally created to fight the Apocalytes long, long ago. However, the strain of battle led her to revert back into a vulnerable baby form where she would then get adopted and then raised by human parents. As time passed, she grew back into the warrior she is now.
- Artificial Human: Is a powerful Somalite warrior that was created by the Lunardream Family in the past to fight the Apocalytes.
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Cool Big Sis
- Foil: To her Holy Council counterpart, Illua.
- Goth / Perky Goth
- Master Swordsman
- Ms. Fanservice
- Walking Spoiler: All of that info above? Supposed to be a secret in the original story.
- Home Series: Starlit Heroics (Debut: Black Blood Crusades)Element: Luna / CloudSpecies: Nachzehrer - UniqueStarting Level: Lv. 900
The queen of Neumond Reich, the kingdom of Nachzehrer (black blooded demons) to the far west.
A candle-like demon woman with incredible strength who employed herself as a vassal to the Gem Guardian of Darkness, Calne Ca, as part of a job to pass the time. She is friends with the other Crusaders, but specifically Vilutia, Mereno and Mimi.
A sub-group founded by Augustus just in case the Twelve Holy Disciples or the Vocaloids aren't around to protect the city.
- Badass Crew
- Birds of a Feather: A bit more so than the Twelve Holy Disciples, since they were brought together because of what they had in common with each other and their high strength.
Augustus Octavia / Thanatus
A cat boy that bumps into the Vocaloids one day, having stolen some of their valuables. He almost instantly gets apprehended and has to give back what he stole, but thanks to Luka being a Living Lie Detector, they listen to what he has to say, which eventually leads to the others giving him a chance. Since then, he's been hanging out with the Vocaloids, with them supplying his poverty-striken family with money in return that he proves his worth to them.
In reality, he is the reincarnation of the Apocalyean god of death, Thanatus, as prophecized by the Lore of the Apocalyean War. The reason being that his mother's side of the family induced themselves in the forbidden arts and eventually led him to get chosen, much to his mother getting a fatal disease and the rest of their family having their souls stolen as equivalent exchange.
The event turned Augustus's happy-if-dubious childhood and traumatized him to the point where can't even remember what happened - should Augustus ever fall into the depths of despair, he will turn into the god of death but will be nothing less than a mindless beast.
- Apocalypse Maiden: His true form as Thanatus is a huge, huge danger to everyone, essentially due to it being wildly out of control.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: When he changes his look through a magic card handed to him by Big Al (the bartender for Shining Advent) and crossdresses as a woman, it's very convincing, to say the least.
- The Antichrist / Anti-Antichrist : As described by Pandora -Pandora: "Augustus, because he is the reincarnation of the God of Death, is destined to ravage the world and help incite chaos upon the universe. It's not like he'll want to, because for as much as we hope that he says 'screw destiny' and not do it, it's inevitable. What happens afterward will all be up to him."
- Badass in a Nice Suit
- Badass Adorable: In his Deathsaber form, complete with a higher and softer voice pitch and cutesy behaviors.
- Bash Brothers: With Miku, to an absolutely stunning degree.
- Black Mage: Is skilled in magic usage thanks to practicing with his mother and his father when he was little.
- Deuteragonist: Along with Miku, he is the second most important person to the plot, as constantly shown by both sides having a great interest and fear in his true abiities.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita / Pimped-Out Dress: They went all out for his crossdressing disguise.
- Expy: Coincidentally of Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler. Both of them are noblemen part of a despired family, have something to do with demons (Ciel's contract with Sebastian and Augustus being the reincarnation of the patron deity of the Apocalytes), Chessmasters with a Dark and Troubled Past, (Augustus grows more into the role of chessmaster, however) and so on. Not to mention that they both crossdress as women at one point.
- Grim Reaper: The true Grim Reaper, as he is the God of Death and governs over all the other reapers.
- Leitmotif: As confirmed by the creator, his theme is Demon's Party from Makai Kingdom.
- Morality Chain: His mother is essentially this - Miku and the rest become part of this chain the more time passes and the more he lives with them.
- Number of the Beast: Is said to be Level 6666 in the supplementary details as Thanatus.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He actually dresses up as a woman at one point. Much hilarity ensues.
Adrian Farenheights Tepes "Alucard"
Miss Nadia Fortune
Nadia Fortune is the last surviving member of the Fishbone Gang, a band of otherwise Dagonian thieves, whose last caper ended in tragedy; in an attempt to steal the Life Gem, a valuable and mystical artifact from Lorenzo Medici, all were caught by the Mafia and brutally killed... or so the mob thought. Nadia managed to swallow the Gem and gained immortality from it (or at least a near-infinite Healing Factor, which amounts to the same thing), which allowed her to survive the mob's vengeance Dahlia and her goons chopped her into little pieces and dumped her in the river with the bodies of the rest of her gang. She now lurks in the shadows of Little Innsmouth, plotting her own revenge against the Medici Mafia.
However, with the emergence of the Skullgirl, she routinely followed Peacock on the journey to fight the Skullgirl, but after what she learned, Ms. Fortune gives up trying to fight the Skullgirl and decides to live back with her new friends at Little Innsmouth. Several days later, though, she is encountered by a strange blue apparation that teleports not only her but also Peacock and Valentine from the Canopy Kingdom to Crypton Province.
With that, Ms. Fortune sneaks her way through the city of Crypton Province and comes across the Vocaloids, willing to help them with their cause and joining Shining Advent without any delay.
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range
- Ambiguously Brown
- Taken A Level In Badass: Upon gaining her Tsuki item, she becomes much more effective.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Body Horror: She can jettison her own blood from severed limbs as a means of propulsion and entangle her opponents in a yarn ball made from her own muscle fibers.
- Catgirl: Which is fairly unusual the rest of her gang were Fish People.
- Cool Big Sis: Out of the Skullgirls cast, no less.
- Classy Cat-Burglar
- Cute Little Fang
- Our Angels Are Different: Her Tsuki item gives her the look and abilities of an angel.
- Shout-Out: Her Tsuki item grants her abilities similar to Sora from Kingdom Hearts.
- The Power of the Sun / Holy Hand Grenade: Her elemental affinity after her upgrade.
A ninja nurse who serves as the last of her organization after the Skullgirl wiped them all out, leaving Valentine alive to serve her bidding.
See the Overlord Regime page for more information.
Augustus's terminally ill mother and his only parent after the death of his father. Despite her disease (which has been revealed to be Anthodia poisoning - materials such as those dealt with in hexing rituals - she contracted it during the ceremony that assured Augustus would become the god of death), she finds herself to be a caring and loving mother even when she's striken with poverty and the loss of her husband. Ever since her son bumped into the Vocaloids, the two of them have been hanging out with them ever since, with the promise that they'll supply their family with the funds they need.
The cause of her disease is due to her family's dealings with black magic— the Octavias were infamous for their hexing rituals, underground black market dealings with other notorious families such as the Medici Mafia and loyalty to the disgraced god Thanatus. One day, Mercedes ratted out her family's darkest secrets to the entire outside world, requiring every family member to converge and proceed with the "godhood ceremony" that had every family member's soul stolen excluding Augustus and his parents, who were left alive for a reason.
- Anyone Can Die: And not by her disease either— she gets killed by one of the major antagonists as part of a major plan to unlock her son's true form. Poor, poor Augustus.
- Badass Bookworm: Not only that, she's well educated.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Despite having a crippling disease, she is very powerful and crafty. The reason being that the disease eats away at her body but the side effects consist of giving her incredible magic powers.
- Badass Family: Oftenly accompanies her son on dangerous quests to make sure the heroes make it.
- Barrier Maiden: The only thing stopping Augustus from going full-out Thanatus is her. At first, either way.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Threaten Augustus in front of her face if you dare.
- Cat Folk: Of the Lucares variety.
- Cool Big Sis: To the Vocaloids and pretty much everyone else.
- Expy: Of Izumi Curtis and Hinawa.
- Giant Waist Ribbon
- Glass Cannon: Is notably more powerful than her ill state led on.
- Hot Witch: Especially considering her family specialized in forbidden magic all their lives.
- Mama Bear: Bonus points for being an actual mother.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Obviously not as tough as the others, but even then, she's not one to be reckoned with due to her abnormally high magic powers.
- Pimped-Out Dress: An especially extravagant one, too - but only during special events.
- Squishy Wizard: Due to the disease, she's physically fragile but is inhumanly powerful and agile.
- Your Days Are Numbered
A scientist who was known for his incredible skill at engineering, along with being one of the few people who has perfected the art of creating Vocaloids (along with Satoshi)— a normally dangerous and risky process, and is one of the major scientists who introduced Vocaloids to the modern world over twenty years ago. However, due to a major accident involving in the disfiguration of his daughter Isabella and her friend Neru, he isolated himself from the rest of society as he regrets what happened. However, when Pandora calls out to him one day, she tells him to create new weapons for the Vocaloids for their battle against the Apocalytes, telling him that he would not only help save the world but also his family.
Karloff's friend, and an engineer who was renowned for his discovery of Vocaloids and the subsequent interest that they provided to the rest of the scientific community. He was responsible for being the one to rename the original eight and gave rise to the art of creating Vocaloids. Satoshi himself is a story-writer and is the father of Akita Neru— who's the closest friend to Karloff's daughter. While he wasn't as heartbroken as Karloff was, Satoshi strayed out of the public eye ever since the incident happened.
Upon gaining the Lunar and Frost Silence Gems and exposing their powers to the Joker Moon scythe (thanks to Madoka's advice), nothing seems to happen at first. That is, until Miku goes to sleep— which is where a mysterious aura sprouts out of her body.
It turns out, the mysterious aura is her second unlockable form (Black Rabbit) except with no head (replaced with blue fire) that gained its own consciousness upon coming into contact with the three items. It now exists only for Miku to defeat it and gain access to the Black Rabbit form, otherwise she will never truly powerful.
- Absolute Cleavage: Inverted— The real Miku in Black Rabbit form does this. The Sentiment, on the other hand, has its chest area covered up, giving the impression that it's a bit more modest than the actual thing.
- Aloof Ally
- Buxom Is Better: Is as well-endowed as the real Miku.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has its moments.
- Expy: Quintessentially of Celty from Durarara!!, since it shares practically the same design, has a scythe and is headless as well. Bonus points in that Celty helped inspire the female Dullahan Nachzehrer, whose clothes were based off of Miku's Black Rabbit dress and overall design.
- It's also based on the Lingering Sentiment. Hell, they even share Sentiment in their names!
- Headless Horsewoman: It has no head but has blue fire sprouting out in its place.
- Sinister Scythe: Uses Joker Moon as a weapon in its fight against Miku.
- Signature Move: Gambit Hurricane.
- Starfish Character: Is an unlockable form of Miku's that gained its own personality and physical body because of the Gems. It can also leave her body if she ever needs more help.
- The Red Mage: Knows over all the elements, but sticks to the Luna and Frost category of spells.