Here is the list of characters from the Quebecois television series Le cur a ses raisons, and some tropes associated with them.
He is Brad and Brenda's triplet, son of Doug and Crystale and Criquette's fiancée. His past exes include: Melody Babcock, Megan Barrigton-Montgomery and Googie Mac Pherson. He is a doctor, more precisly a gynecologist. Brett has serious alcohol problems, and so he drinks a lot whenever his couple is in trouble. He used to be acrobat in a circus.
- Catchphrase: Bon Dieu! (Good Lord!)
- Chick Magnet
- Frontier Doctor: At first, he wanted to be this and planned to travel to Africa (or Alberta, depending on his Aeromiles). Later, he goes to Africa, but decides hes better off living in St Andrews with Criquette.
- The Hero: Very clearly.
- Mr. Fanservice: When he takes off his shirt to reveal a jarringly jacked body double.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Bretts medical formation that seems to cover pretty much everything from surgery to mental illness, despite the fact that he is a gynecologist.
- Recovering Addict: Once was an alcoholic, to the point that he once forgot to put his napkin on his lap! He has a few equally dramatic relapses.
- So Beautiful, It's a CurseBrett: "But how many nights have I cried in front of my mirror, screaming : Be ugly! Be ugly! Be ugly!?"
- Speaks Fluent Animal: He can communicate with his dog Flatsy. He also has a falcon ally, Fire Eye, to whom he can speak but who doesn't understand him. Thanks to his studies in gynecology, he also speaks dolphin (but he doesn't understand it).
He is Brett and Brenda's triplet, son of Doug Montgomery, Becky's husband and the care-taker of Chris (since he actually isn't his/her biological father). He wears a mustache and is always dressed in black leather, making it obvious that he's the bad guy. Brad is a rich billionaire playboy who mostly cares about deceiving others and earning money. He becomes mayor of Saint-Andrews in season 3.
- Beard of Evil: Mustache of evil, in fact, contrasting with his twin brother who's clean-shaven.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Doting Parent: Actually a loving dad to Chris in the first season.
- Evil Twin: To Brett. He loses this status by season 3 where he decideds to become a mayor instead of competing for the Montgomery International.
- Millionaire Playboy: Referred to as billionaire playboy In-Universe.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Brad is the only character on the show who doesn't bother with the fake French accent, talking in pure Quebecois. Not so much during the first season, but it gets worst as the episodes go by.
- The Rival: To Brett in seasons 1 and 2.
She is Brett and Brad's long lost triplet, daughter of Doug and Crystale and Bo's ex-fiancée. When she was born, her mother Crystale was jealous of her beauty, so she abandoned her to be raised by horses. She became a world-class top-model and dated her personal photographer, Bo Bellingsworthhhh, whom she'll be later engaged to, before dumping him like a piece of garbage. She appears starting from season two after the revelation of her existence by Crystale, claiming back her rights to the Montgomery fortune. Although the family immediatly adopts her, she instantly begins to conspire against Brett and Criquette.
- Attention Whore: Hijacks the screen whenever she can.
- Berserk Button: Don't mention the fact she gained a little weight to her. Ever.
- Evil Redhead: She's a narcissist who once bombed an hospital.
- Evil Twin: Evil triplet adding herself to the evil twin, actually. By season three, she takes over Brad's position as the evil sibling of the three, though she already was evil in season two.
- Fashion-Victim Villain/Fashionable Evil: She's a world-class top model, so yeah?
- Freudian Excuse: Was abandonned in a barn as a child, to be raised among the horses. According to herself, it made her bitter and mean.
- Hollywood Pudgy: According to Becky, she gained a lot of weight in late season 3. While Marc Labrèche's pudginess can be debated, the point is that her silhouette has not changed one bit since she arrived.
- Informed Attractiveness: In-Universe, she is the epitome of beauty and grace.
- Naughty Nun: by the end of season 3.
- Never Found the Body: After season 2. In season 3, it's revealed that she's actually alive.
She is Brett's fiancée and Ashley's twin sister. She is a semi-celebrity, an ex-reporter, a businesswoman, a future mother, a futur doctor's wife and the only person who can read the lotto numbers, among other things. She works with Ridge in Saint-Andrew's TV studio and later becomes program director. She used to sing in a bar for deaf people, but was able to become a business woman and legend of TV with Ridge's help. Criquette is prone to wild screaming, generally for little to no reason. She also speaks Italian.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Her cries of "No! NOOO!" are disturbing to say the list.
- Gag Boobs: Inflatable, and apparently, in-universe too. Once burst when they entered in contact with Brittany's.
- Gratuitious Foreign Language: Likes to remind people that she speaks fluent Italian.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: With Madge. She's definitely a Mean Boss.
- Improbable Hairstyle: One of her special hairstyles had a bird house in her hair.
She is Criquette's twin sister and love interest to Peter (both of them). She appears in season one after being away from her sister during many years (they wore the same dress for the ball and stopped seeing each other after this). She is a nurse with a big heart who smiles pretty much all the time. She's also very naïve.
- Dumb Blonde: she's not the brightest lantern, even in early episodes when she was less of a Cloudcuckoolander.
- Gag Boobs: Inflatable like Criquettes. Once got her stuck into a vent. Another time, they inflated when she tried to flex her muscles.
- Hello, Nurse!: the ubiquituous image of the sexy nurse.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
She is one of Brad's ex-fiancées and St Andrew's seventy-second-ranked best detective.
- Clueless Detective
- Gag Boobs: Ridiculously pointy. They even sting.
- Private Detective
- Psychic Powers: See below.
- Waif Prophet: Parodied. Britanny develops supernatural powers for the sole reason that a gunshot has left her in a wheelchair. It doesn't improve her deductive capacities one bit, however.
She is the family's loyal maid, who sticks with them no matter what and cares a lot about them, although they clearly don't. They beat her up repeatedly for no reason and everyone seems to be under the impression that she is a dangerous sexual deviant.
- Butt-Monkey: Holy schntizles... I mean... Holy schnitzles. It's like nothing you've ever seen before.
- First-Name Basis: One of the few main characters without a family name.
- French Maid: Obvious parody. The other characters think she's a sexual deviant because of the way she dresses... Except Madge is actually a rather old-school, asexualized maid.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Brett, I am your mother.
- No Respect Guy
- PrecisionTStrike: In the second season's finale, loyal, quiet Madge lets loose a (bleeped) "Tabarnak!" (Québecois equivalent of 'fuck that shit').
He is the head of the Montgomery family and a famous maracas player. He makes his first appearance in season 3, where he travels from Florida to visit the family in St-Andrews.
- Bilingual Bonus: Only ever speaks in English. Some of his jokes can be missed if you don't understand it.
She is Brett, Brad and Brenda's mother, though she almost never remembers it due to her bad memory. When she recognizes the people around her, she plots against Brett to get her hands on the family fortune. She cannot move her facial muscles since she has had a lot of plastic surgery.
- Evil Matriarch: she clearly doesn't love her children and only wants to keep her lush lifestyle.
- Lady Drunk: Always seen with a glass of champagne in hand.
- Parental Obliviousness: To the point that she has to be doing on purpose. She forgets things her children tell her as they're telling her.
He is the host of the popular news show Info Action 24/7. He is madly in love with Criquette and tries to win her love, even when he gets in a relationship with Megan. The guy always takes any little chance he's got to touch Criquette's boobs and try to make her love him instead in Brett.
- Bi the Way: Has been in a homosexual relationship before; that's why he's such a good figure skater.
- Hopeless Suitor: To Criquette.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: He does seem to genuinely care for Criquette, and helps the heroes a few times... But he's clearly a villain, and only cares for Criquette as his love interest.
- Manipulative Bastard: The main antagonist of season 3.
He is a rebel cop with unorthodox methods and Ashley's love interest. He dies at the end of season 1 and becomes a spirit haunting Ashley in season 2. In season 3, it is revealed that Peter had a twin brother named Peter. They are identical, except for the fact that Peter pushes the capillary boundaries and combs his hair to the left. Peter number 2 is a man of action, and is certainly NOT homosexual.
- The Lost Lenore: Peter 1 to Ashley.
She is Brett's ex-wife and a drug addict who works at the TV studio. She is in love with Ridge, and they are fiancés for a while. Megan is slightly hyper-active and her drug problems (or maybe just her personality) makes her very very stupid. She became famous for her report on how to put on a sweater (it took her a few hours) and has her own show called Megan Holds A Microphone In Front Of Someone Famous.
- Dumb Blonde: Maybe it's the drugs, maybe it's just her, but she's even more stupid than all the other characters combined.
She is Brad's wife and Chris's mother. She created and commercialized the beauty cream Lady Coquette. She says her hobby is trying to kill Criquette. She often scares people with her ability to appear from nowhere. During season 3, she becomes Brad's rival when she tries to become mayor of Saint-Andrews.
- Big Bad: Of season 1.
- Easily Forgiven: While no one really likes her, they still consider her part of the family after season 1.
- Never Found the Body: After the great season 1 finale. They did find a roasted chicken and fried potatoes, but no expert managed to say if it really was her remains.
He is Brett and Criquette's spiritual advisor, specialized in couple problems. He is also a black belt in karate, even though he hates violence and conflict.
He is the only waiter working at the restaurant Royal Coconut Grill Club. His life is miserable : he tried to commit suicide when his mother died and he has to work as a waiter despite his two B As (one in philosophy and the other in African dancing). Despite the fact that he is the only waiter, he seems to be very unimportant since the restaurant replaced him by a salad bar after his plane crashed in the desert.
- First-Name Basis: One of the few main characters without a family name.
He is one of Criquette's ex-fiancés and love interest to Brenda. He is a fashion photographer and adventurer who likes to impress women and cares a lot about his looks.