open/close all folders
Riki Honoo/Red Turbo | Actor: Kenta Satou
He's the leader of the team, but not exactly the brightest of the bulb, pulling things off through sheer will. To be fair, he's just not really good at studying. He's a star baseball player.
- Book Dumb: Zig-zagged. He's quite smart in battles, but not so much in studying. However, it was implied that before becoming a Turboranger, his grades were actually decent.
- Cool Sword: GT Sword, his persoal weapon
- Bifurcated Weapon: GT Sword + Turbolaser Sword Mode.
- Dual Wielding: He ends up dual-wielding his sword due to his 'special weapon'.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: His actor sang the theme song. (And later returned to sing the theme to Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.)
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Pick any of the male villains. Ask who killed them. Riki
- The Leader: The one who leads the team despite having a hyperactive disorder.
- Signature Move: "GT Crash"
Daichi Yamagata/ Black Turbo | Actor: Fumiaki Ganaha
Second-in-command, and in contrast with Riki, he is actually pretty smart. Leads the team just in case Riki is absent. Other than being a smart boy, he is also a member of the track team, sometimes called 'Running Brain'.
- Determinator: He was very adamant on protecting his vehicle, to complete the Turbo Rugger.
- Drop the Hammer: T Hammer
- Genius Bruiser: Uses lots of heavy weaponry, ends up liking a sport like sumo, still one of the smartest of the class.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Is mostly the one to deliver it when someone does something completely improper. And when he does, he's screaming like hell.
Youhei Hama/Blue Turbo | Actor: Keiya Asakura
A senior of the swimming club, giving him good relations with children. His good looks also attracts girls, though this is offset that he is probably the second in terms of getting on the teacher's nerves.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Subverted. Youhei himself is a nice guy when it comes to girls, but everyone knows he's the second biggest 'troublemaker' in the eyes of the teachers. He still magnetizes girls regardless.
- The Big Guy: You will have to be keen to see this quality on him. Maybe that giant-swing on a Monster of the Week is the most shining example of it?
- Book Dumb: According to Word of God, he's even worse than Riki.
- The Chew Toy: Other than getting on the teacher's nerves, Youhei just had the misfortune of getting the most Distressed Dude moments, or that one when he lost all the girls attracted to him because his face got switched with a Dirty Coward Nerd.
- Kiai: More prone to yell "CHESTO!".
- Likes Older Women: When he was a kid, he had a crush on his teacher.
Shunsuke Hino/Yellow Turbo | Actor: Junichi Katagiri
A gymnast who try his best to be the class clown. Aside of having a Dead Little Brother, his other experience in past includes actually meeting Sayoko Tsukikage WAY before she became Kirika.
- Automatic Crossbow: B-Bowgun
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: He is friends with Sayo-chan, who was actually Kirika in the present day, during his childhood.
- The Lancer: He is the least straightlaced of the quintet.
- Nice Hat: His cap on his casual outfit.
- Plucky Comic Relief: The resident class clown, who often acts like a child.
Haruna Morikawa/Pink Turbo | Actress: Noriko Kinohara
She's pretty much the class' 'Miss Perfect', which includes being the Student Council President and the smartest girl in the class. She's excellent in acting, but has a kind heart and is the first one to realize how much it hurts to fight her classmates all the time.
- The Chick: The only female member of the Turborangers.
- Fake Defector: Her most well known feat is this.
- Friend to All Living Things: Nice with animals, as shown in the dog episode.
- The Heart: This plays heavily in the latter episodes.
- Nice Job Breaking It Heroine: When she learns about an artifact that might be able to stop her friends (the Turborangers and Nagare Boma) from fighting each other, she desperately sought it and forcefully used it... only for it to turn out that it seals both sides' powers and brings Neo-Lagorn back to Earth. She is really sorry about this.
- Simple Staff: W-Stick. It's pretty short compared to the normal staves, though.
- Student Council President: The girl with the best grades in their school, which earns her that position.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Seelon's Girly Girl.
- Last of His Kind: She is the last surviving fairy, since most of her kind are dead.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Haruna's Tomboy.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Has a crush on Miss Yamaguchi.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He developed the team mecha and their arsenal.
- Cool Teacher: Becomes more of this as the show goes on, and she also becomes a Secret Keeper when she boards the Turbobuilder in the finale.
- Stern Teacher: Riki, Youhei, and Shunsuke are frequent targets of her admonishment.
Hundred Violent Demon Tribe
Great Violent Demon Emperor Lagorn/Neo Lagorn
- Bad Boss: Shows no gratitude to his underlings, despite the fact that they're the ones who unsealed him.
- Big Bad: The supreme ruler of the Boma Tribe, and the major antagonist of the series.
- Came Back Strong: After his initial defeat, he fed off the energy of the Turboranger and Wandering Boma to revive himself, stronger than ever.
- Orcus on His Throne: Justified as he's immobile for most of the series. Once he gains the ability to move around, he immediately gets off his throne and goes after the Turborangers himself. He gets destroyed by the Super Turbobuilder, but then comes back, at first behind the scenes, then openly.
- One-Winged Angel: Neo-Lagorn. He's gold-skinned and can actually move around now. Still ugly as hell, though.
Violent Demon Doctor Layda
- Killed Off for Real: Was killed by Red Turbo during their showdown.
- The Dragon: He is Lagorn's top enforcer.
Dark Violent Demon Zimba
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: In the past, he did experience love to a princess. Which didn't go well. Even in the present day, despite hating love in general, he couldn't help but form a rapport with the equally evil Jarmin, enough that he offered himself to go for The Last Dance first before her.
- Samurai: A dark version of the trope, full on with Yoroi armor.
- Tragic Monster: He's no doubt a bonafide evil warrior, but his origin is one big tragedy: He dedicated his life for a princess that eventually just dumped him in his dying moments. Naturally, he took it well.
Violent Demon Princess Jarmin
- Animal Motifs: Snakes. Her method of enlarging a monster is via a snake beam she can breathe out of her mouth, her true form is a snake monster, and her weapon is that of a whip... which is pretty long like a snake. Evil like a snake too.
- The Dark Chick: The only female member of the Boma Tribe's original roster.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Jarmin is a bonafide bitch, but when she was first in queue to be sent for a final battle by Ragorn for failing too much, Zimba stepped up and took her place and for a moment, she was genuinely stunned at his sacrifice.
- Killed Off for Real: Was slain in her final bout against Black Turbo.
- Whip It Good: She's rarely seen without one whenever she appears. She can also empower it with her magic.
Rage Flying Violent Demon Zulten
- Dirty Coward: He is prone to use underhanded tactics in order to get the upper hand. Not to mentioned that he`s sucking up to his superiors due to his weak-willed mentality.
- Team Pet: Can literally be used as an ATV by the other Boma. Even Riki drove him once!
Wandering Violent Demons
- Half-Human Hybrid
- HeelFace Turn
- The Starscream
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds - For spending years being treated badly by both humans and Boma.