This character sheet will only focus on characters from Koi Mil Gaya specifically.
- Portrayed by: Hrithik Roshan
- 100% Adoration Rating: Rohit's friends and family love him, he also becomes a world hero for sending Jadoo home.
- Adorkable: His dorky dance during 'Idhar Chala'.
- Action Hero: Fulfils this role after he gets superpowers.
- Bullying the Disabled: Bullied and insulted by Raj and his computer teacher for being disabled.
- Disappeared Dad: His father died before he was born.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: He not only gets the women of his dreams but also receives the recognition and acclaim he always wanted.
- Friend to All Children: Gets on very well with children much younger than him and stays friends with them after he gets superpowers.
- Heroic BSoD: Has quite a few during the movie due to the bullying and abuse he receives. The worst one is his reaction after Raj lies about being engaged to Nisha.( Rohit knocks everything off the table and slumps down in his chair)Sonia: ... What's going on over here...? What happened, Rohit?Rohit: ... Nisha's getting married, Ma, to Raj.Sonia: ... So why are you, upset, son? Every girl gets married someday.Rohit: ... But Nisha's my girlfriend, Ma!Sonia: ... What...? Nisha...? Your girlfriend?Rohit: ... Yes!Sonia: ... Because she spoke lovingly to you, does that make her your girlfriend?Rohit: ... She told me that she's my girlfriend! And that I'm her boyfriend.Sonia: ... She must have said it as a joke. Nisha is an educated and sensible girl. She can be your friend. She can't make you her life partner.Rohit: ... Why can't she?Sonia: ... Rohit, although you have grown up, you're still a child. You're not like boys of your age.Rohit: ... Why not? Why am I not like the other boys? I haven't done anything wrong, so why is Nisha leaving me?(Breaks down in tears)
- Heroic Second Wind: Beaten to a pulp by the authorities, but recovers and rescues Jadoo.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Rohit sends Jadoo home, even though it would result in him being disabled again.
- Informed Attribute: Said to be a gifted artist despite his disability, during the song " Koi Mil Gaya" this is proven to be true.
- Inspirationally Disadvantaged: A kindhearted man but also mentally disabled, this doesn't stop him from being the hero.
- Interspecies Friendship: Becomes best friends with Jadoo and repays his favours by sending him back home.
- Like Father, Like Son: Wants to be a scientist like his late father and makes contact with aliens.
- Momma's Boy: Devoted to his mother and wants to make her proud.
- Nice Guy: Rohit is a very nice young man.
- Nice Guys Finish Last: Gloriously subverted, as he gets superpowers and the women he loves in the end.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Delivers a much-deserved one to Raj and his friends.
- One True Love: Nisha is this to Rohit.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Because of his childlike innocence, Rohit struggles to be friends with people his age.
- Super Empowering: Given powers by Jadoo after he discovers Rohit is disabled.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: Discovers his powers have returned after Raj tries to bully him again.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech": Delivers an eloquent but devastating one to his computer teacher for insulting him.
- The Dog Bites Back: Teaches his bullies a firm lesson for tormenting him.
- Zero To Hero: Goes from being bullied and disabled to a superpowered genius.
- Portrayed by: Priety Zinta
Rohit's love interest.
- The Ace: Intelligent, beautiful and from a well-respected family.
- Best Friend: Becomes this to Rohit.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Nisha is initially angered by Rohit's pranks against her and is hellbent on getting revenge on him. After she learns about his disability and struggles, she becomes his best friend.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Rohit and his friends after she abandons Raj and his gang.
- HeelFace Turn: Experiences one after she realises Rohit is disabled and had only come to apologies to her.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Nisha abandons Raj's friends after they carry on harassing Rohit, but remains ignorant of Raj's bullying and visits his basketball matches. It takes Raj spreading a fake rumour about him being engaged to her for Nisha to terminate her friendship with Raj.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Nisha is a beautiful lady, but the one scene we see of her in a fanservice role is the party where Rohit touches her leg from under the table by mistake.
- Love Confession: Tells Rohit she still loves him after he becomes disabled again.
- Morality Pet: Rohit becomes one to her, after befriending him she grows to hate Raj and his arrogant attitude.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Has this reaction after Sonia chastises her for letting Rohit get beaten up by Raj and his gang.
- Nice Girl: A lovely girl with a heart of gold.
- One True Love: Nisha grows to love Rohit so much that she stays with him even after he becomes disabled again.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Rejects Raj's proposal and falls in love with Rohit.
- So Proud of You: Watches Rohit with pride when he's applauded for sending Jadoo home.
- Starstruck Speechless: Has this reaction after seeing Rohit's new dance skills, his performance at the basketball match and after he confesses his love for her.
- Sympathy for the Hero: She feels sympathetic to Rohit after learning about his struggles.
- Tears of Remorse: It's subtle, but after Sonia reprimands her, Nisha is on the verge of tears after learning the truth about Rohit's disability.
- The Caretaker: Although Sonia is the primary caretaker of Rohit, Nisha also becomes his defender against Raj and his friends.
- Toxic Friend Influence: Not herself, but Raj is this to Nisha before she realises what a nasty piece of work he is.
- Underestimating Badassery: Her desire to stop Rohit from competing in dance competitions and basketball matches stems out of concern for his disability, not realising he now has superpowers.
- When She Smiles: Nisha has the most beautiful smile in the whole movie. It's usually seen when she's with Rohit.
- Portrayed by: Rekha
- Anger Born of Worry: Slaps Rohit for answering the alien signals due to the danger it poses.
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt her son.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Witnessed her husband die in a horrific car crash and her injuries led to her son being disabled.
- Fantastic Racism: Sonia hates aliens due to the tragic death of her husband. She overcomes this after Jadoo gives Rohit powers.
- Good Parents: A responsible and loving mother to her son.
- Happily Married: Was happily married to her beloved husband Sanjay before his tragic death.
- I Owe You My Life: Left indebted to Jadoo for curing her son.
- Mama Bear: Rips Raj and Nisha a new one after Raj assaults Rohit.
- Only Sane Man: The most sensible person in the movie.
- Respected by the Respected: Rohit's principal promotes him at Sonia's request.
- Sukhwani kindly addresses her as a sister.
- So Proud of You: Fights back the tears after Rohit is felicitated for sending Jadoo home.
- Tragic Keepsake: She keeps her husband's old 'Om' computer when she moves to India.
- The Lost Lenore: Mourns the loss of her husband, Sanjay.
- ""The Reason You Suck" Speech": Delivers a pretty epic one to Raj and Nisha.
- Turn the Other Cheek: Forgives Nisha after she expresses genuine remorse and gifts Rohit a new bike.
- Portrayed by: Rakesh Roshan
Rohit's late father.
- The Ace: Developed many gadgets and instruments to find life beyond earth. He also created a computer that could successfully contact aliens and bring them to earth.
- Broken Ace: However, he was mocked by his jerkass colleagues who saw his claims as being false.
- Disappeared Dad: Died before Rohit was born.
- Doomed Moral Victor: Although he had contacted aliens, he died before he could prove his theory.
- Happily Married: He and Sonia were happily married, and his death left her heartbroken.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Crashed his car after being distracted by the UFO. This resulted in his death and left Rohit mentally disabled.
- You Have to Believe Me!: Tried to convince his colleagues he had contacted aliens and could prove it to them, they still didn't believe him.
- Portrayed by: Indravadan Purohit
- Alien Among Us: Hides with Rohit after being left behind.
- Amusing Alien: Helps Rohit and his friends jump at supernatural heights during the basketball match.
- Aliens Speaking English: Not limited to English as Jadoo can understand and speak Hindi.
- First Contact: Meets Rohit and Nisha after they rescue him from wild dogs in the forest.
- Humanoid Aliens: Jadoo is the size of a small person and blue-skinned.
- Innocent Aliens: Jadoo means no harm to anyone.
- I Owe You My Life: Because of this, Jadoo gifts Rohit powers and returns them to him after he leaves.
- Super Empowering: Gives Rohit powers after learning he's disabled.
- Superior Species: Jadoo has incredible psychokinetic powers and is very intelligent.
- The Xenophile: Befriends Rohit and his friends and grows very close to them.
- Portrayed by Pranita Bishnoi, Hansika Motwani, Jai Choksi, Mohit Makkad and Anuj Pandit
Rohit's child aged friends, the named members are Aslam, Bunty, Bittu, Chhotu and Priya.
- Best Friend: Are this to Rohit and accept him as a friend despite him being older.
- Bequeathed Power: The male members are given the ability to jump at supernatural heights by Jadoo during the basketball match.
- Catchphrase: Bittu always sums up a situation depressively and ends with 'Tan Tana'.
- Deliberately Cute Child: All of them fit the description.
- Distaff Counterpart: They are this to Raj's circle of friends, who are older but cruel to Rohit.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Although they are kind and accepting of Rohit, they do encourage him to trick Nisha into taking them to the cinema and teach Raj and his gang a lesson.
- Humans Are Good: Despite there young age, they are the most humane and compassionate people in the movie.
- We Help the Helpless: Stand up for Rohit and defend him to the best of there ability.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: More understanding and compassionate than the adults such as Raj and Mr Mathur.
Sukhwani and Khan
- Portrayed by Johnny Lever and Mukesh Rishi
The local police officers. Khan is the chief of police while Sukwani is a subordinate.
- Butt-Monkey: Sukhwani is the primary example.
- By-the-Book Cop: Khan is not intimidated by wealth or influence.
- Great Detective: Khan is the first person who realises that one alien has been left behind after the spaceship leaves.
- He also figures out that Rohit has the alien hidden and secretly follows him to apprehend Jadoo.
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: In terms of professionalism, Khan is the good cop. However, Sukhwani takes over this role by helping Rohit rescue Jadoo.
- It's Personal: Khan becomes determined to capture the stranded alien and prove that he's right.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sukhwani can be a bumbling fool, but he proves to be a good man in the end and is respectful towards Sonia, addressing her as a sister.
- Khan to some extent as he doesn't tolerate Raj's attitude and fines him for breaking traffic rules.
- Police Brutality: Not themselves, but Khan does have Rohit beaten up to take Jadoo after he refuses to hand him over.
- Sympathetic Inspector Antagonist: Khan may be ruthless in his determination to capture the alien, but he is just doing his job.
- Portrayed by: Rajat Bedi
- Abhorrent Admirer: Raj is this to Nisha throughout the movie.
- Alpha Bitch: A male example, but he fits the requirements perfectly.
- Big Bad Friend: Raj is childhood friends with Nisha; however, Nisha is a kind and empathetic person; Raj isn't.
- Bullying the Disabled: Bullies Rohit throughout the movie due to him being disabled.
- Butt-Monkey: Becomes this after Rohit gets superpowers.
- Dirty Coward: Not made evident but the hints are there. Raj never attacks Rohit unless he has some advantage.
- Evil Former Friend: During the movie his and Nisha's friendship completely breakdowns and she ends up hating him.
- Entitled Bastard: Because of his father's wealth and position, Raj thinks he's untouchable.
- Evil Laugh: Has quite a few during the movie.
- Humiliation Conga: Humiliated by Rohit and his reputation is left in tatters by the end.
- Ignored Epiphany: You would think that after all he's been through, he would leave Rohit alone. He doesn't and receives one last humiliation for his troubles.
- Jerk Jock: The local basketball champion and a nasty piece of work.
- Karma Houdini: Averted, but he never faces legal prosecution for his actions.
- Kick the Dog: Breaks Rohit's prized scooter after beating him up.
- Laser-Guided Karma: On the receiving end of this after Rohit gets superpowers.
- Oh, Crap!: Has this reaction during the basketball match between him and the superpowered Rohit.
- Pet the Dog: Does address inspector Khan as Sir after meeting him, then tries to intimidate him with his father's name and gets fined.
- However played straight during the party when introducing his friends as he maturely answers that his friend Kimmi is just a friend.
- Smug Snake: Is one throughout the whole movie, isn't so smug by the end.
- The Antagonist: The primary villain of the story.
- This Loser Is You: Goes from being the local sports champion to a laughing stock.
- Threat Backfire: Tries to intimidate Rohit at the match, it doesn't work.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: A two-part example.
- After his friend's gossip about Rohit and Nisha, Raj overreacts and lies that he and Nisha are engaged. The fallout results in Jadoo giving Rohit superpowers and Nisha terminates her friendship with Raj.
- Tries to find out why Rohit and his team defeated him during the basketball match; his actions lead to Jadoo getting exposed and having to leave.
Colonel and Indu
- Portrayed by: Rajeev Verma and Beena Banerjee
- Good Parents: Love there daughter and are kind and accepting of Rohit.
- Old Friend: Old friends with Raj's parents, there first scene has them meet up with Harbans and Rama after they arrive in Kasauli.
- Parental Marriage Veto: Try to convince Nisha that Rohit is not a suitable partner for her because of his disability, they don't realize that Rohit is now a super powered being
- Retired Badass: Nisha's dad is a retired army colonel.
- So Proud of You: Applaud Rohit happily at the ceremony dedicated to him.
- Sympathy for the Hero: Like there daughter they are considerate towards Rohit and treat him with care and respect.
Harbans Lal and Rama
- Portrayed by: Prem Chopra and Anjana Mumtaz
Raj parents, Harbans is the local collector.
Raj's circle of friends in Kasauli town, the male members are part of his basketball team the Kasauli Tigers.
- Affably Evil: They can seem friendly, but are cruel and uncaring towards the disabled Rohit.
- Distaff Counterpart: Are this to Rohit's child aged friends the Super Six.
- Just Friends: Raj states that the female members are just his friends.
- Jerk Jock: The male members are all part of the local basketball team and absolute jerks.
- Lack of Empathy: Have no sympathy for disabled people like Rohit.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After Rohit gets superpowers.
- The Bully: There defining trait, even the female members of the gang get Rohit drunk.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: They gossip about Nisha and Rohit relationship, this results in Rohit getting superpowers.
- Portrayed by: Aryaman Sapru
- Affably Evil: After Rohit is accused of harassing Nisha. Monty convinces Raj to let him go, then attacks him as he's leaving.
- Badass Baritone: Has a deep voice.
- Best Friend: Is this to Raj.
- Lack of Empathy: Just like his friends, Monty has no sympathy for Rohit.
- Laser-Guided Karma: One of the first to receive this after Rohit gets superpowers.
- Along with his team, he loses his position of being a local sports champion.
- Pet the Dog: Polite and courteous when he first meets Nisha.
- Smug Snake: Can rival Raj of all people.
- Stunned Silence: Not so much stunned silence as blinking in utter shock after Rohit flexes his first muscle.
- The Dragon: Raj's best friend and a member of his basketball team.
- Toxic Friend Influence: Encourages Raj's abuse of Rohit.
- Portrayed by: Akash Khurana
- Pet the Dog: Promotes Rohit to the seventh standard at Sonia request.
- Reluctant Hero: He reluctantly promotes Rohit. In all fairness he is right that falsely promoting Rohit will not help him.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: A reasonable person who doesn't tolerate disrespectful teachers like Mathur.
- Respected by the Respected: He shares a respectful and courteous relationship with Rohit's mother.
- Sympathy for the Hero: Feels bad for Rohit's struggles and is kind and understanding towards him.
- Portrayed by: Mithilesh Chaturvedi
- Evil Teacher: Nasty and disrespectful towards Rohit because of his disability.
- Establishing Character Moment: In his first scene he angrily asks Rohit why he's in his class.
- Insult Backfire: Tries to belittle Rohit by asking him a difficult question, which Rohit answers correctly.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: A jerk who doesn't have empathy for Rohit.
- Laser-Guided Karma: The first person to receive this after Rohit displays his new intelligence.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Rohit when he tries to join his class.Mathur: ... Rohit, what are you doing in this computer class?Aslam: ... Rohit has also chosen computers in his options, sir.Mathur: ... Shut up, go and take your seat.Rohit: ... I want to learn computers too, sir.Mathur: You need brains to learn computers. And you're so bright; you're still in the seventh standard.Rohit: ... My father was a great scientist, sir. He even had a computer. I want to become like my Papa, sir.Mathur: ... So go and learn from your father.Rohit: ... He's no longer in this world, sir.Mathur:... So go to the world he's in and learn from him, and stop picking on my brains! Go away. Out!
- Ends up receiving a pretty devastating one from Rohit himself, he can only look down in complete shame after Rohit's finishes his speech.