Umbra is a Toa of Light who fought in the Dark Hunter - Toa war of Metru Nui and was subsequentially recruited by the Order of Mata Nui. He left the Order to look for a simpler life, and found one in the Clan. As the formal leader of Bio-Clan's moderator police force, Umbra is one of the administration's most trusted officers.
- Arm Cannon: His arm is basically an exo-cannon.
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Glory Days: Seems to miss his days of adventure with Matoro.
- Hidden Depths: Even though Umbra is the leader of the moderators, the character isn't much involved with the war, and we actually don't know much about his past. At least not until The Gates Of Bane.
- Ironic Name: Umbra is the darkest part of a shadow. He's a Toa of Light.
- Lawful Good
- Light 'em Up
- Hard Light: He is able to conjure physical items out of light.
- Name's the Same: He's not exactly the only Umbra in this universe. Made even worse when alternate universe Umbra enters the game.
- Twin Telepathy: With Matoran Umbra.
- Split Personality: Kra-Umbra and Umbra, Shadow and Light.
- The Mole: Not actually a bad guy, but he nonetheless was spying Bio-Clan for The Order Of Mata Nui for all his years in the Clan.
- Becoming the Mask: He joined to the Bio-Clan with a mission to spy them, but eventually became loyal to the Clan instead of the Order.
- Mole in Charge: He became leader of the Moderators.
Same is a Selakh, or Selakhian, a being from the island of Selakhia in the Southern Universe. Selakhians are tall, pale Toa-like humanoid creatures capable of wearing and using Kanohi masks. The most famous Selakhian was the former Barraki warlord Pridak.Same was a lieutenant in an unnamed Selakhian war, and judging from his battlefield prowess and tactical skill, it wasn't his only war. Same is an important part of the Clan's law enforcement and military wings. He is a cold, calm and collected soldier and prefers not to show his emotions at all, but has a rather charming buddy cop -attitude with his partner, Bladis.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: One of the more capable fighters in the Clan.
- Batman Gambit: A rather impressive one which involved letting a pirate ship plunder a village so that he could sneak the Toa Squadron Angoranger onboard.
- Crazy-Prepared: Always ready for EVERYTHING, EVERYTIME.
- Expy: He's Naked Snake. I think we all need to accept this.
- Ultimately lampshaded with his codename "Naked Bat".
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: The good cop to Bladis' bad cop.
- And then again, rather delightfully subverted. At times it seems like he's the bad cop after all.
- Knife Nut
- Meaningful Name: His name means "shark" in japanese.
- It becomes rather fitting that he is based on a former member and a moderator from old Bio-Klaani forum nicknamed "Pridak", the Bakkari whose set resembled a shark, and sometime later had his nickname changed to "Samer", the almost exact same word.
- Neck Snap: He doesn't exactly require a weapon to kill you.
- Only Sane Man: Compared to most of his colleagues, he's the only one that actually has common sense, not to mention actually seen working.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Bladis' red.
- Smoking Is Cool: Seems to smoke when doing the paperwork. Not many hero character smokes.
- The Stoic:
- Not So Stoic: ... Until he saw what's inside a Feterra. Sheelika learned it first hand.
- Veteran Instructor: Will not pass the chance of reminding you about his war experience.
Bladis is a Skakdi of iron from Zakaz. Not much about his past has been revealed, but before finding himself in the Clan's employment, he was possibly a mercenary type of some kind. Bladis enjoys his beer cold, his women sharp-teethed and beautiful and his enemies dead. He wasn't hired by the admins for his social skills, but his ways of bashing suspects in the head and his endless oneliners transcend the definition of beauty. He and Same basically never stop taking jabs at each other.
- Angst? What Angst?: He isn't really all that bothered by being wheelchair-bound.
- Big Brother Mentor: Like Same, he seems to take high a regard for making Make a good moderator. He quite often calls him with names like "lizard kiddo" or "sonny", making the relationship between the two more casual than Same's and Make's more of a "student and a teacher".
- Chaotic Good
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: The bad cop to Same's good cop. But the dynamic is nicely subverted, as while Bladis is the one who hits suspects in the head and then asks questions, he's actually a really nice guy.
- The Gunslinger: Type B. When you hand him a firearm, shit will explode. As it turns out, his aim isn't all that good, but he compensates by firing so much that something eventually hits.
- Handicapped Badass: Both of his legs were broken after the Blue Hands dropped his and Same's plane into the Lehu Forest. It hasn't stopped him so far.
- Manchild: Oh yeah, kind of.
- More Dakka: We're talking about the guy who used a hand-carried anti-air cannon to prevent a falling Nazorak bomber from hitting civilian settlements. There is never too much Dakka.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Same's blue.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Heavily implied. Being a Skakdi, this is very likely.
- And as it later turns out, no, not really. He is far too young to have fought in the Zakazian Civil War.
Paaco is a quirky green Toa of a dubious element, an amateur musician and a horrible punmaster. He is not a fighter in the least, but instead manages the inner workings of the Clan in war and peace time. From his room of monitors he keeps the Clan running and fires his endless stream of puns at anyone unlucky enough to hear.
A novice moderator, half Toa, half a dangerous dragon Rahi. Make is one of the nicest people in the story, and doesn't necessarily feel he fits in such a position of authority. He does try to be a hero and the defender of innocents whenever he can. As a total contrast to his niceness as a Toa, his Rahi beast side is violent and unpredictable.
Not much is known about Dox. He is a member of Takadox's species, only unmutated by the Pit chemicals. Some years before the start of Klaanon he disappeared into the inside of the Workshop, only to return with Iggy, a clansman. Both of them were strangely traumatized by the experience, and Dox in general was turned from a stalwart moderator into a nervous wreck with a hat obsession. Kepe takes care of him these days, if only to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.
Return to main page