The Makuta who, in cooperation with Makuta Nui created the Nazorak species as a perfect army to take control of the Matoran Universe. However soon after the empire's birth Abzumo left it alone to let it grow on its own. Soon after the Alliance's forming Abzumo returned to his children, seeking the death of the Clan - and the Nimda itself.Abzumo is a complete and total psychopath with no value for any kind of life, only seeing it as fuel for his scientific experiments.
- Arch-Enemy: To Makuta Nui. Also to Matoro, after basically indirectly destroying his life.
- Big Bad: Again, a completely viable candidate at this point.
- Bigger Bad: To the whole Nazorak Empire.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Talksss like thisss, evil bat wings and so on.
- Dark Is Evil: Boy is it.
- Light Is Not Good: His strange obsession with religious iconography and angelic themes as well as his claim to actually being a god himself has shades of this.
- Depraved Bisexual: His disturbingly flirtatious way of speaking with Manu. It's quite likely that he does this mainly to freak people out.
- Evil Counterpart: Again, to Makuta Nui. The whole character of Abzumo can be seen as a version of Manu if he had chosen a different path.
- Evil Genius: One of his strengths.
- Faux Affably Evil: He hasn't shown any redeemable traits at all in the two years of Klaanon's length, but he is an endless spring of darker humour.
- For Science!: One of his motivations, although a really weak one.
- A God Am I: As it turns out, he wholeheartedly believes he is Ath.
- Large Ham
- Obviously Evil
- Psychotic Manchild: His glee in seeing his enemies suffer borders on childlike excitement.
- Red Baron: "The Archangel's Architect", or lately, "The Purple Piper".
- Slasher Smile
- Smug Snake
- Sssssnake Talk: Admittedly it tendssssss to disssssappear whenever he getssss sssseriousss.
- Staying Alive: Apparenlty falling into sea inside a damaged airship of horror doesn't kill him.
- Torture Technician
- The Brute
- Punch-Clock Villain: In contrast to his sadistic master, Grey Matter is alarmingly friendly and harmless.
- The Blank
- Elite Mooks
- Nothing Is Scarier: The Engineers in general act like walking and talking soulless three-dimensional silhouettes.