open/close all folders
General Tropes for the Heroes
A young Star Warrior who strives to do his best protecting and helping folks.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Each of Kirby's power ups in this adventure are color locked.
- Playing with Fire: Red and Orange enemies gives Kirby, Fire Breath.
- Whip It Good: Yellow enemies gives Kirby, Sphere Whip.
- Shock and Awe: Green enemies gives Kirby, Spark Scrap.
- Having a Blast: Purple enemies gives Kirby, Blaster.
- Duct Tape for Everything: White and Grey enemies gives Kirby, Freeze Tape.
- Extreme Omnivore: A normal behavior for Kirby. In the Epic Paper 1 Christmas Special, Kirby eats a copy of Smash 3DS.
- The Worf Effect: Suffers this when Lord Kojar ambushes them in Stage 3-3, though Kirby lasted the longest against him.
A Fage Fairy who accompanies Kirby. Makes His first appearance in Kirby's Epic Paper 1.
- A Day in the Limelight: In Stage 2-5, Febo is the one who takes the lead instead of Kirby to get out of a cave by "smelling the light".
- Big Damn Heroes: In Epic Paper 1, he pushed Vílle into an abyss, leading into his death, or so they thought.
- Distressed Dude: Gets taken by the Pirates along with the Tear Wand.
- Exposition Fairy: Is this to Kirby, usually in the beginning of both journeys.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Is known as a "Fage Fairy" who hales from Fage City in this universe.
- Pungeon Master: Cracks a pun in Stage 1-1 during his Sphere Whip tutorial, Kirby wasn't amused.
The Princess of the Land of Ostura. Makes her first appearance in Kirby's Epic Paper 2.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves Kirby and Febo from Arlegom in the beginning of Epic Paper 2 when they were in a bind.
- Berserk Button: Kidnapping who she cares about maybe one and double crossing her could be another, as Captain Henry and Obia learned the hard way.
- Blue Oni, Red Oni: Is the Blue to Troy's Red, due to being quite calm, as reflected in their clothing choice.
- Extreme Omnivore: You know those Lava Shakes she loves to drink so much? It's actual lava that she gets from visiting small volcanoes.
- Fiery Red Head: Subverted then Played Straight. Her hair is orange, is usually calm but has the feistiness to go along with her powers over fire. However, as the journey goes on, she increasingly gets angry at a faster rate.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Being the older sibling, Becky is the responsible to Troy's foolishness.
- Jerkass Realization: Notices this as she hears Captain Henry out. See more below.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Her calm temperament seems to be slowly crumbling away as she's on the journey. Who can blame her though when a lot of things don't go her way and when they do, they get severely derailed.
- Irony: She was worried about water being her downfall in Stage 4. Turns out, it's her on growing bad temper that's the problem.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Implied, more like "My God What I Could've Done" upon learning why Captain Henry and Obia did what they did and what it could've lead to as seen below.
- Meaningful Name: Becky can be a nickname for the name of Rebecca which can mean "strong combatant" or "hearty".
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Very nearly does this as she prepared to finish off Obia. If she did, Captain Henry might've lost his wife, possibly could've lashed out and be on his own.
- Playing with Fire: Ever since learning it from a book, Becky has used fire as her weapon ever since. It also seems to give her a immunity to intense heat, considering the fact that she can walk into volcanoes and drink lava no problem. As Stage 5-4 revealed, Becky can also swim in lava, showing no signs of being worse for wear.
- Precision F-Strike: Calls Captain Henry and Obia, "bastards" after the group awakens from a cannon ball to the face to find that both the Tear Wand and Febo was taken.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Is adventuring with Kirby and Febo AND now Bandana Dee to stop Kojar and rescue her brother. She was originally doing it solo before meeting them.
- Spartan Sibling: Downplayed. Early in the journey, Becky admits to not being the best big sister.
- Super Drowning Skills: Implied on her Amino page that she dislikes swimming and when they reach and adventure through, Stage 4: The Kiwi Isles.
- Super Mode: Achieves this in Stage 5-5 during a rematch fight with Lord Kojar. Becky's robe partially burns away, revealing she was wearing black shorts and sandals as her normal red orange fire has now turned to blue.
- Technicolor Fire: Appears as red orange whenever Becky uses it. Turns to blue when in her "Blue Comet" form.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Her on growing bad temper lead to ignoring Obia's attempt to try to talk things out when they found them after taking the (fake) wand and kidnapping Febo. Had Becky not listen to Captain Henry's plea to stop fighting after they defeated them, she could've made things a lot worse.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She loves Lava Shakes and possibly other spicy stuff in general.
The Fourth Member (Unmarked Spoilers)
A good friend of Kirby's and a loyal pal to King Dedede. Appears in Kirby's Epic Paper 2, searching for the latter.
- Big Damn Heroes: Appears in time to help save Febo from an enemy and help Becky and Kirby out of a pitfall.
- Never Learned to Read: In STAGE 3-2, it was revealed he want to the DDD Academy but never learned how to read, as it was never in the curriculum.
- The Worf Effect: Suffers this badly when Lord Kojar ambushes them in Stage 3-3, lasting a good five seconds against him.