Unlike most RPG mobile games, King's Raid has currently less than 80 characters playable. Most of these characters hail from two continents, Orvis and the eastern continent where Vespia is located.
A Knight-class warrior. Having far above-average affinity with the sun, Aselica has the duty of preventing chosen warriors from succumbing to the darkness.
- Angelic Beauty: Obviously. She is basically Arch's Spear Counterpart in this regard.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Inverted. She is a melee fighter, while Arch is a long-range fighter.
- Light Is Good: Her affinity with the sun is a major factor in her backstory. She is also very determined to aid the chosen warriors against the darkness.
- My Greatest Failure: It is implied that King Kyle gave in to the darkness and she failed to prevent it from happening.
- The Power of the Sun: Due to her special connection with the sun, she's even called the "guardian of the sun".
Kasel's extremely protective older brother. While technically not related by blood, Clause is nonetheless very fond of Kasel, as they grew up in the same orphanage.
- Almighty Janitor: Suggested to be one given that in spite of proving himself to be a dependable fighter he never really gained much power or wealth.
- Ancient Grome: His World Costume looks like an Ancient Greek/Roman soldier's uniform.
- Bash Brothers: With Chase. Clause himself shown interest in being this with Kasel.
- Big Brother Instinct: It cannot be overstated how deeply he seeks to protect Kasel.
- In one instance he nonchalantly offered to discard his status as a knight just so he can join Kasel.
- Crutch Character: Likely to be the first Knight-class character the player picks up, and will likely stay on a player's PvE team for a long while until more specialized tanks can be obtained.
- Averted if you get his Unique Weapon, as it gives him a buffing ability that makes him among the best tanks against physical damage in the endgame.
- He's Got Legs: His World Costume shows that Clause has well-built thigs.
- Heroic Build: Underneath all that armor he has some serious muscles.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: He admits resenting goddess Lua for giving such an arduous duty to Kasel. This is notable as Lua otherwise has an almost impeccable reputation among humans.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Downplayed, but he still displayed resentment towards Lua - a deity - over Kasel's situation. Goes even further when he willingly ascend as the Traitor of the Goddess when wielding Galicta, Aeas counterpart.
The commander of the Guardian Knights of Orvel, as well as one of the most loyal supporters of Scarlet. Wields a shield that is said to be impenetrable.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: The commander of the Guardian Knights of Orvel and a formidable Knight.
- Combat Stilettos: Wears heels and is the commander of the Guardian Knights of Orvel.
- Genre Savvy: She quickly noticed the political changes in the kingdom and started taking measures for the future.
- Lady of War: She is described as a mighty and dignified knight.
- You Will Not Evade Me: Can yank long-range targets into melee, and is quite a viable PvP pick for this reason alone.
Selene's younger sister and the second princess of the Kingdom of Elidora, also the Tower of Challenge's guardian.
The Vice Captain in Empire Capital Guard Knights, well-known for her humble origins.
- Humble Heroine: Due to her Humble Origins as a commoner, she's this.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Apple pies.
- Work Hard, Play Hard: She immerses herself in training, but also likes a lively atmosphere (but not the parties organized by the nobles).
Once a princess from the fallen Republic of Grey, she lost her life protecting countless secrets, and was resurrected as an undead by the demon army.
- Damsel in Distress: She was killed then resurrected by evil and finally has her memory wiped out. Tragic enough, right?
- Fallen Princess: Her republic and people were wiped out and she was killed herself. She was later resurrected by a demon lord.
- Gratuitous Princess: Jane comes from a dukedom which then became a republic. Despite this she's not a duchess or president, she's a royal princess. Along with Jane, Selene, Scarlet and Lewisia are all princesses of royal blood.
- Improbable Weapon User: Carries around her own coffin as a weapon.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Is 150cm tall (around 4'11' feet).
- Resurrective Immortality: Her passive ability, Rest in Peace, brings her back to life the first time she dies during a mission.
- The Undead: Of the zombie variety. Still has a sense of self, and is actively trying to find out about her past.
The Gatekeeper of the Orvel Monarchy.
- Blade on a Stick: His halberd Wave of Protection, Gaiamenes.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: While he is a formidable fighter, outside of battle Loman is somewhat sensitive and his hobby is wood crafting.
- Compressed Hair: How does his long hair fit inside his helmet is a mystery.
- The 4 koma comics lampshade it. He apparently holds it in a ponytail while on duty.
- The Reliable One: A lot of his reputation is centered around his incredible sense of duty and devotion to his country.
- Shout-Out: His summer outfit makes him look a lot like Tarzan.
A former general of the Demon armies, Morrah is one of demonkind's greatest knights. She currently works with Maria toward whatever goal Maria is trying to pursue; this seems curious to many, as there's no good reason why a demon of Morrah's stature should stoop to be the apparent underling of a human witch. Others suspect this simply confirms the gravity of whatever the two are trying to accomplish...
- Ambiguous Gender: Despite having, well, a pretty obvious form, at one point Temeraire refers to Morrah very distinctly as a "he". It's a bit unclear if this is on purpose or just a symptom of the game's infamously spotty translation, though.
- The Dragonslayer: More like dragon devourer.
- Lava Adds Awesome: Her attacks involve lava for good measure.
- Playing with Fire: Fittingly, she uses fire attacks.
- Statuesque Stunner: 178cm tall (5ft 8inch).
- SugarAndIcePersonality: At least mildly towards Clause, Kasel, and Frey since she does seem to care about them even if she won't admit it.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Maria.
The stepbrother of Laias. Said to be the descendant of a black dragon that controlled dark lightning. Notably the first male magical tank to be released.
- Arm Cannon: Has a massive one covering his left arm.
- Bare Your Midriff: Showing off his abs.
- Big Brother Instinct: Well, the 'big' part is questionable for at least two reasons, but he is definitively protective towards his stepsister.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He may look somewhat demonic, but his heart is in the right place.
- Draconic Humanoid: Combined with Little Bit Beastly, Neraxis has a pair of dragon horns, along with a dragon tail.
- Fingerless Gloves: At least on his right hand.
- He's Got Legs: His not very modest outfit shows that he has well-built quads.
- Mr. Fanservice: He's a cute boy showing off his abs and wearing pants that progressively get shorter with each new rank he gets.
- Pile Bunker: He wields one as his Weapon of Choice.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: One of the shortest characters in the story, but that doesn't hold him back from wiping the floor with about 90% of the demons that cross his path.
- Stripperific: His standard outfit leaves far less to imagination than any other previously introduced male character.
- It's to the point that his swimsuit actually covers him up more than even his 3 star outfit which is his most modest outfit.
- Too Many Belts: Not too far from Final Fantasy levels.
- Vapor Wear: While his 4 star outfit makes it the most obvious with his 5 star outfit being more subtle about it he is definitely not wearing any underwear.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: He does in his 5 star outfit.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Actually said this almost word-by-word while defending his stepsister's oasis from a horde of demons.
The King of Dwarves, best known for his many campaigns against dragons.
- The Chains of Commanding: He isn't very interested in staying king, since being king means others get to avoid taking responsibilities for themselves. He also dislikes long conferences.
- Mr. Exposition: He reveals more details about king Kyle's life.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: A little over 5ft tall and still one of the toughest Dwarves to have ever lived.
- Really 700 Years Old: Being a dwarf, he has a much longer lifespan than a human. Case in point Phillop is 328 years old.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Another high authority figure with high combat prowess.
- Use Your Head: With enough HP and the Light Transcendence perk, Headbutt can turn into a very powerful attack.
The commander of the Holy Knights of the Church of Lua. Also The principal of the orphanage Kasel, Clause and Frey grew up in.
- Cool Old Guy: Always ready to help others in need.
- Four-Star Badass: The guy has been fighting countless demons ever since his younger days.
- Heroic Build: Has a terrific physique for his advanced age.
- Old Soldier: His strength is outright deemed as age-defying.
- One Degree of Separation: Justified, as his high rank means that more often than not, it is he who is the bridge between otherwise unrelated characters. Case in point, Lucias used to be under his command before setting out on a new mission.
- Parental Substitute: Was the closest thing that Kasel, Clause and Frey had to a father while they were still in the orphanage.
- Retired Badass: Defied by his superiors no less, as his retirement requests have been repeatedly denied due to him still being a valuable asset on the battlefield.
A homunculus hailing from the Tower of Sages.
- Cute Monster Girl: Kind of. See Our Homunculi Are Different below.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was created for the single purpose of becoming a killing machine. After she escaped from her creator, she was hunted down by various wizards and alchemists who seen her as little more than research fodder.
- Orphanage of Love: What kept her from a FaceHeel Turn is running into the children from one.
- Our Homunculi Are Different: She was a homunculus made using the heart of the divine beast.
- Shock and Awe: So strong that not even ash is left in its wake.
- Sixth Ranger: She is not technically a member of the Tower of Sages.
- True Blue Femininity: To the point that her given title is 'Blue'.
The Valiant Knight Commander of the Shuti tribe. She was tasked to find the "Lucky Stone", a sacred artifact of her tribe.
- Badass Adorable:
- Drop the Hammer: She uses Prochika, a hammer twice her size, to pummel her opponents.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Only 87 cm tall, but extremely adorable and still capable of striking out much larger characters.
- Precious Puppies: She's a member of the Shuti tribe, which are implied to be dog hybrids. Plus, her introduction picture depicts her with two corgis.
- Super-Strong Child: She's only 11 years old, very small, and very powerful.
A rare example of a mercenary who operates solo. Known for his great fighting ability.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Implied to have little pride about the source of his strength, despite of being a hero.
- Cursed With Awesome: How he sees the strength of his sword.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar over his nose and is one of the heroes.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Bernheim is the only character whose skills have no magic point requirement.
- One-Man Army: Bernheim is known for his destructive power, jumping onto the battlefield and then proceeding to effortlessly destroy his surroundings.
- Shrouded in Myth: There is little to no reliable sources about his past, aside of his notorious reputation on the battlefield.
An amnesiac former subject of a human enhancement project of The Empire. He was meant to assassinate Scarlet for the nobles who bought him from the empire, but failed. However, Scarlet settled to make him her guardian instead of executing him.
- Beast and Beauty: His dynamic with Scarlet in a nutshell.
- The Berserker: A side-effect of all the mad science involved in his backstory is him starting a rampage after the nobles who bought him could no longer rely on the Mind-Control Device.
- The Big Guy: Of Scarlet's group.
- Blood Knight: Enjoys sparring and battle in general.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: While Scarlet took him under her wing and made him her guardian, she herself is a very good combatant.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The Brooding boy to Scarlet's Gentle Girl.
- Covered with Scars: His body is covered with numerous scars.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Clause and Demia.
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: Ho, boy. Immediately after his awakening in the laboratory, he started destroying everything in his path just to find a weapon that could endure being used by him.
- Heroic Build: He is even more ripped than over a half of the other male characters and that's saying a lot.
- Mr. Fanservice: He is arguably the most well-known one in the series, thanks to his handsome looks complimented with an incredible physique.
- Ship Tease: He gets a decent bit of it with Scarlet during the 2018 Summer event. Their long walk around the bonfire on the final day is particularly "out of port", as it were.
- Short Hair with Tail: Just to further signify that he is very formidable.
- Stripperific: His current outfit after being taken under Scarlet's wing is conspicuously revealing compared to most of the other guys. In fact, if you look closely, the part that was supposed to be covering his chest is so thin that his scars can be seen through it.
- You Are Number 6: He was formerly known as 'Enhanced Human Type.0'
A Proud Warrior Race Guy who hails from the Barbarian kingdom. And then, he changed his views.
- The Big Guy: One of the largest guys in the cast.
- Friend to All Children: In the present, after having turned his back on his more blood-soaked past.
- Friend to All Living Things: He is also fond of animals.
- Gentle Giant: Unlike his past self, he is a kind, caring man. He is also over 7ft tall.
- The High King: Can be considered a king due to the powerful weapon he owns.
- Loud of War: His battle cry used to demoralize his enemies.
- Rated M for Manly: Even after turning a new leaf, he is still very much manly. In fact, one could argue that he has become a more reasonable, even somewhat fatherly, kind of man.
- Spin Attack: One that, when fully upgraded, can empty a raidboss CC meter in one cast by itself.
A warrior who is currently proctecting the ruins of the Technomagic Kingdom.
- Artificial Human: She was created by the scientists of the Technomagic Kingdom as an artificial Trascendent.
- Double Weapon: She's called the Spear of Dawn even though her weapon is more like a sword with two blades on each end.
- Not So Stoic: While she normally acts cold and detached from everything, she starts showing off emotions whenever her liege is involved.
- One Woman Army She was able to hold off the angel army for some time before she was put into hibernation.
- Sole Survivor: She's the only one who survived the attack by the goddesses on the Technomagic Kingdom.
- Spock Speak: She tends to speak in terse and direct sentences.
- Undying Loyalty: towards Siegfried, her liege, for whom she may have had feelings for.
The hero of our tale. Kasel is a squire in the kingdom of Orvellia, and is left behind when a Royal Army detachment goes to investigate news of the return of the Demon Army. When said detachment, which includes his brother Clause, fails to return, Kasel sets out to find them on his own and see for himself what's happening to the world, leading him to an adventure bigger than he ever could have imagined...
- A Taste of Power: Probably the earliest hero to receive unique weapon, you can expect him to outdamage a lot of his comrades during early game. And he isn't a Crutch Character either.
- Chick Magnet: Frey and Ophelia are romantically interested in him.
- Extreme Omnivore: He'll eat just about anything he finds delicious: mushrooms, turtles, or even tigers and spider legs.
- The Hero: Natch. As his ancestor Kyle found out, it is not all it's cracked up to be.
- Heroic Bastard: Kasel is the illegitimate son of king Kyle and Arlette.
- Heroic Lineage: He is none other than the descendant of King Kyle, which means he should rightly be the ruler of Orvellia. The current nobility is not happy when they find out he received Aea and try to assassinate him.
- Mechanically Unusual Class: One would not expect the main hero to be a dodge tank, but Kasel can pull it off with his ability to lower enemy accuracy, counter missed attacks with his passive, and dash around the battlefield to misdirect attacks.
- Title Drop: He's the heir to the throne of Orvelia, so the "King's Raid" refers to him.
- Warrior Prince: He's a knight and revealed to be of royal blood and technically prince of Orvelia.
- Rightful King Returns: The trope kinda spoilers it..he's the true successor to the throne of Orvelia.
Dark Lord Kasel
This version of Kasel came into being when he was corrupted by the darkness in the Holy Sword, transforming him into the new Dark Lord.
- The Corruption: The dark energy within the Holy Sword is responsible for Kasel's transformation.
- Evil Wears Black: Kasel's change comes with some black and red armor.
- Fallen Hero: Pretty self explanitory.
- Good Armor, Evil Armor: As stated above, Kasel's new armor is black and red.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Kasel's armor.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Kasel's transformation also changed his hair to white.
At a young age, Kirze was kidnapped from her village along with several other children by Malduk and his demons, to be used as living mana crystal mines. However, in the case of Kirze, she not only survived, but managed to become more powerful with the infused crystals and escaped, and now she dedicates herself to hunting down demons to ensure that no other children suffer her same fate.
- Cat Girl
- Demon Slaying: What she enjoys doing the most.
- Friend to All Children
- Gemstone Assault: Her special attacks, which consist in using a giant scissors made out of crystalized mana, and also bringing some out of the ground to impale her opponents.
- Shear Menace: She uses huge red crystalized mana scissors as her weapon.
A distinguished harpy warrior who joins Kasel after initially opposing him and his crew.
- Blow You Away: Obviously for a harpy.
- Boobs of Steel: One of the most well-endowed characters in the game and fights entirely via hand-to-hand combat.
- Harping on About Harpies: In-universe has the reputation as one of the best fighters among her kind.
- HeelFace Turn: Much to the chagrin of the harpy queen.
- Proud Warrior Race Girl: Naila's characterization subverts the standard portrayal of harpies.
- Statuesque Stunner: 180cm tall (about 5'9' ft).
- Sibling Murder: She is forced to attack her sister after her sister is affected with the darkness and wants to kill everyone. Her sister later dies due to the injuries.
The chief Guard at Orvel Stockade where the worst monsters are imprisoned.
- Dominatrix: Has a very dominant attitude and wears very tight revealing leather clothes. Likes to be in control when handling and killing creatures.
- Carry a Big Stick: Carries a big mace full of spikes which she uses to torture the captive monsters.
- Stripperiffic: Especially in her 5 star look. Very revealing for someone whos job is to hunt and kill beasts and handle monsters.
The loyal maid of Aisha Daphnel Pon, Priscilla came into Aisha's life when Aisha lost her parents, and is now her closest friend, caretaker, and confidant. Her past, however, is one stained with blood and regrets...
- Blade on a Stick: Her weapon of choice, including her UW, is a poleaxe.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her time in the Orvellian Army was not a happy one, and at one point her unit was sent into a nearly impossible situation for the purpose of eliminating her, specifically. She came to live with Aisha after managing to survive that, despite all odds.
- Lady of War: Very much so; despite her appearance as a maid, she's an absolutely lethal fighter. Back in her Orvellian Army days, she was much more so, and you can unlock her army uniform through her sidequest.
- Meido: Her current occupation.
- Naginatas Are Feminine: A variant, as she uses poleaxe as opposed to a naginata, but she's clearly meant to invoke the idea of the trope in her animations.
The crown princess and next to be queen of Orvelia. She's in conflict with the Decadent Court which wants her dead...
- Beast and Beauty: Her overall dynamic with Chase.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Scarlet is The Gentle Girl to Chase's Brooding Boy.
- The Determinator: No matter what the prime minister and the other politicians try (even assassination attempts), she flatly refuses to yield.
- Nice Girl: Quite possibly one of the most courteous characters in the series.
- Only Sane Man: Came across as this in the Summer 2018 event, where every single event she planned went straight to hell thanks to the antics of other characters.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: One of the most formidable fighters in the setting, as well as gameplay.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She ain't afraid of getting her hands dirty for the sake of her kingdom.
- Ship Tease: As noted, she gets a decent bit of it with Chase, particularly during the 2018 Summer event. Their long walk around the bonfire on the final day is particularly "out of port", as it were.
- Warrior Princess: A sword fighter of royal blood. On top of that she's even an excellent pick gameplay-wise, most notably the highers levels of the Arena where she's the MVP. Unlike the other royalty, Scarlet actually doesn't look like a princess.
The first daughter of the two Shadow Hilt Family. Currently searching for both Erze and Lewisia.
- Abel And Cain: The Abel to Erze's Cain. Ironically, Seria is the older sibling.
- Heroic Lineage: She follows her family's tradition of vampire hunting.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Her weapon certainly looks like one.
- Not So Different: Like her sister, she is also afraid of spiders.
- Sweet Tooth: Likes strawberry parfait.
A knight who, after failing to protect his city from the demons a century ago, was put to sleep and was awaken in the present. His goal is to find his liege, Jane.
- The Ace: His backstory heavily implies him to be this for the fallen Republic of Grey.
- Dual Wielding: He uses two spears at the same time with one held in each hand.
- I Will Find You: Finding Jane Grey is his primary motivation.
- Older Than He Looks: Would you believe that his current appearance is that from his early twenties?
- One-Man Army: Downplayed maybe but still there. He was able to fight and survive the attack from the demon army attacking the Republic of Grey to make it back to the palace.
- Pretty Boy: One of the cuter guys in the cast.
- Really 700 Years Old: Is chronologically 123 years old, but was put in stasis at the age of 23 for the next 100 years.
- Shock and Awe: His powers revolve around thunder and lightning.
- Undying Loyalty: Oh, so much towards Jane.
- His title is even called "Knight of Loyalty".
A demon whose main goal is to hunt other demons and consume their souls, with the final goal of becoming the new Dark Lord by consuming Angmund... because it'd be cool to be strong. Viska is a bit of an enigma to those she meets, because while she seems evil to the core on the outside, she doesn't have much interest in harming the Material World and even has moments where she seems more like the girl she appears to be...
- Ambiguous Gender: To some extent, the actual demon Viska, like a lot of demons in their pure form. While on the Material Plane, "Viska" in The Girl's body is, well, a girl, the actual Viska demon may not even have a gender. When talking with The Girl once separated, it uses the 5★ version of the Viska model (as opposed to The Girl's 3★), but in this exchange, it never really uses any kind of gendered nouns or anything, is more of a shadowy apparition than anything (and may just be a latent appearance from having inhabited The Girl), and Malduk later also doesn't refer to Viska with specific pronouns. The Girl is always a girl, though.
- Animal Motifs: A spider, though not quite to the point of being a Spider Motif Character. In most of her skins (including her baselines and Dark Lord skins) the attacking appendages that come out of her back are styled after spider legs and behave like them. (For her beach version, they hilariously become crab claws.)
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Whenever Viska really invokes her demon powers, her sclerae shift from white to black and her eyes change to a dirty gold. Interestingly, this doesn't seem unique to demon Viska; The Girl briefly gets them when saying she enjoys seeing demons be devoured and using their power against them.
- The Dividual: "Viska" is in fact two entities: the demon who uses the name Viska, and the girl whose body Viska is currently inhabiting. Originally, The Girl was put in a kind of coma while Viska operated the body in full, but after Viska confronted Malduk and ended up separated from The Girl's body due to a curse Malduk had learned, Viska and The Girl have to re-forge their contract, though The Girl makes some alterations - she gets to be awake and at least partially in control now, and Viska has to teach her how to fight completely on her own. Viska is more than happy to do this, seeing as how it respects strength. We still see demon Viska in the driver's seat for most of the rest of the chapter, but there's a definite implication that the two will work in unison more from now on.
- Doomed Hometown: Viska admits early on that she got her current body from a town that was destroyed by the Demon Army, and unlike Kasel, this body didn't get away from the violence in time. Viska claims to have saved the girl's life to some disbelieving Orvel guardsmen. Her experiences in watching the destruction of her home, and the murder of her family right in front of her (not to mention her own attempted murder) are what motivate The Girl to keep going and to rely on Viska to give her power and teach her to fight, once she awakens and re-forges a contract with Viska.
- For the Evulz: At first, this appears to be Viska's motivation for eating her own kind and growing more powerful - she's doing it because it's awesome. For The Girl, though, it's all about revenge for her family and for herself. And there's indications that there is a deeper meaning to demon Viska's crusade than it initially lets on, though this is currently less clear.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Though of a different sort than Ezekiel. Viska's actions and connection to The Girl have resulted in The Girl's body no longer being entirely human, but also not quite that of a demon; struggling a bit for a term, Viska comes up with "demon-human" to describe what she is now. Viska also points out that even if The Girl just wanted to abandon Viska, the changes she's undergone already mean she'd never be able to live a normal life among demon-fearing humans.
- Hellish Pupils: To go along with the Black Eyes of Crazy, Viska's pupils go like this when her eyes are in "demon mode".
- Hunter of Their Own Kind: For the specific purpose of eating their own kind in order to get stronger. Viska's conversation with Malduk makes it clear this isn't typical demon behavior, and he considers Viska as much of a traitor as Epis. For her part, Viska hardly minds being called such, and is happy just hunting down demons to become the strongest.
- Improbable Weapon User:
- Her "weapons" are the spider-like claws which emerge from her back. Her UW is a stronger version of the claws. Which she can equip. Somehow.
- The weapon for her beach form changes to a bunch of crab legs, including claws.
- In her art student skin? The "claws" become a bunch of art brushes and pens.
- Leitmotif: In her own side story, Viska has a very prominent theme whenever she's about to do something cool or demon-eating-related. (Link contains some spoilers.)
- No Name Given:
- The actual name of the girl whose body Viska inhabits, and who is now the co-operator of the body, has not been revealed as of yet; during their discussion, her nameplate is rendered as "?????" and Viska never addresses her by name, only calling her "girl" or "human". This entry calls her The Girl for clarity.
- Viska's "birthday" episode in December 2019 finally gave us a hint of a name for The Girl, with Viska calling her "Vi". Given the context, though, it's difficult to tell if this is truly her name, a nickname, or something Viska came up with.
- Noodle Incident: During her side story, mention is made of Viska having devoured "the queen of nightmares, Kitrax", which was evidently when and how Viska's crusade to become the strongest demon began (and also, given its name, where she acquired her Unique Weapon in-lore). Precisely what happened is left tantalizingly vague, however.
- One-Man Army: Her other basic gameplay conceit; she wants to be fighting lots of enemies at once. Not only does she have a transcendence perk that gives her more attack power when more enemies are on the field, but the mechanics of her attacks are such that she benefits from having multiple targets to hit. The sweet spot is five or more: if there are five enemies in range for her to hit, Rip To Pieces will gain five soul stacks when it hits... and when Viska has five soul stacks, Rip To Pieces doesn't have a cooldown. If she can keep hitting five things, Viska can basically chain that ability infinitely, doing absolutely ridiculous damage (and stunning!) in the process.
- Power at a Price: The Girl wanted the power to not die and to stop the demons who destroyed her home and everything she loved. She got what she wanted... at the cost of no longer being entirely human and having a demon soul addict sharing control of her body. Ultimately, though, The Girl comes to terms with the price.
- Scary Teeth: Her teeth look like shark teeth. Evidently this is a physiological change that Viska's actions have placed on The Girl; even when speaking with Viska when separated, The Girl still has them.
- Soul Eating: Pretty much Viska's raison d'etre. It's even reflected in her gameplay mechanics: every time an ability of hers hits, she gains a "soul stack", and both heals and gains some mana when gaining a stack. At three stacks, her first two abilities gain additional properties. At five stacks, her third ability gains a new property... which is when the fun begins.
- Through Her Stomach: One of the best ways to secure Viska's help with something? Not only suggest the possibility of getting to chow down on some demon souls, but also offer her the chance to chow down on some real food that's also tasty. Kaulah wins her full assistance by agreeing to have specialty Ogria pork made for her afterward. Hilariously, this applies to both parts of "Viska"; demon Viska likes the unique sensation of tasty food, and needless to say The Girl isn't about to say no to good food either, especially now that she's awake.
- To Be Continued: How Viska's current side story ends. She/it swears to hunt Malduk to Gargoss and beyond if that's what it takes to get Malduk's soul, while a curious Epis, tending to Jane, looks on with pointed curiosity and seemingly a bit of familiarity with who Viska is.
- Walking Spoiler: Though not as bad as some, the full extent of her true nature, as well as an event that changes her circumstances somewhat, only come to light toward the end of the story portion of her side story.
A succubus driven entirely by whim. Nonetheless joins Kasel's party.
- Been There, Shaped History: Fought against her fellow demons alongside king Kyle a hundred years ago.
- It Amused Me: Her usual order of affairs. In fact, her listed dislike is a boring atmosphere.
- Red Is Heroic: Zig-Zagged. Her Wild Card tendencies makes the 'heroic' part debatable.
- Sinister Scythe: Zig-Zagged. She's the Wild Card and uses the scythe The Seductress, Guillotine as her Weapon of Choice.
- Stripperific: What else to expect from a succubus?
- Wild Card: Willing to go against her own kind if it means she'll get a thrill.
The second daughter of the Shadow Hilt Family. Initially a vampire hunter until she herself became one.
- Abel And Cain: The Cain to her sister Seria's Abel.
- Fully-Embraced Fiend: Her corruption has made her thoroughly twisted.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Was initially a vampire hunter, but eventually succumbed to her own powers.
- Sliding Scale of Vampire Friendliness: She isn't very good on the friendliness part, especially in regards to her sister.
- Spiders Are Scary: Despite of becoming a vampire, she still has the very human-like fear of spiders.
- Vampire Bites Suck: Her entire fall from grace started by the bite of a mysterious vampire.
A Half-Human Hybrid, whose father is a high-ranking demon.
- Anti-Hero: Mostly thanks to his demon blood.
- Ax-Crazy: His demonic blood and unpleasant childhood turned him into this.
- Berserk Button: Several.
- Hunk: His official summer art shows that he is remarkably buff for someone who is still in his late teens.
- Idiot Hair: One of his 3 dark blue strands of hair notably sticks up.
- Little Bit Beastly: His Halloween outfit.
- Mr. Fanservice: A tall, well-built bad boy with a Sweet Tooth and a soft spot for his mom? Yeah, he has a not-small number of fangirls.
- Momma's Boy: Very, very attached to his mother during his childhood. To the point of letting his demon blood take over his mind whenever someone insulted her.
- Nice Guy: When his demon blood isn't warping his mind, Ezekiel himself is surprisingly kind and polite.
- Oedipus Complex: Ezekiel is anything but fond of his father Lucikiel (whom he never even met), but had a relatively stable bond with his mother.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Created by his demon blood.
- Sweet Tooth: Astonishingly, he enjoys Caramel pudding and sweet drinks.
The son of the commander of the imperial knights, and is currently the vice-captain of the Imperial Guard.
- Agent Peacock: An outstandingly gifted swordsman and definitively fabulous.
- Heroic Build: As most of the other guys, he is well-built. Justified by his profession.
- Hypocrite: Detests those that are after outer beauty, yet he himself is weak to his own pretty appearance.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Has long hair complimented with a pretty face.
- Narcissist: Sometimes (literally) falls for himself.
- Purple Is Powerful: Has purple hair and is one of the most powerful members of the imperial knights.
The fearsome conqueror of the Arena of Orvel. Despite of his fearsome reputation, he is actually a fairly decent guy.
- Blood Knight: Always looks forward to fight strong opponents.
- Cats Are Mean: Inverted. He is fairly pleasant.
- Cute Little Fangs: Not surprising, given that he is literally a Little Bit Beastly.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Very fitting his competitive personality.
- Hidden Depths: So, what's he really after with those silvervines?
- Hunk: Justified, as his unique weapon the pair of gauntlets called the Mastra are said to kill anyone who uses them; its foremost thanks to his incredible physical abilities that he can use them in the first place.
- In the Hood: One of his outfits. It even has compartments for his ears!
- Lightning Bruiser: Hits fast and hard.
- Little Bit Beastly: Gladi is an animal hybrid of a Lynx.
- Red Baron: Beast Fist.
- Spirited Competitor: While he is pretty confident with his abilities, he doesn't appear to actually fear defeat itself.
A fearsome demon of destruction.
- Badass Adorable
- Killer Rabbit: She's ridiculously cute, but she's a vicious demon also.
- The Slacker: Instead of going out and destroying Orvel, she's just... dozing off.
A colleague of Mitra and Pansirone, and another one of Crow's subordinates.
- The Gadfly: He opens his mouth mostly to annoy Mitra or Pansirone, or both.
- Perpetual Smiler: He's always seen with a smile on his face.
A dancer from a nomadic tribe called the Trovatias in the Aegina Desert.
- The Chief's Daughter: Her father is the the tribal leader of the Trovatias.
- Combat Stilettos: Even in her high heels she's still an effective dancer and sword fighter.
- Dance Battler: And even uses her dancing moves to surprise her targets.
- Dual Wielding: Her weapons are a pair of swords.
- Religious Bruiser: Devoted to the ancient deities and is one of the best fighters of her tribe.
- Stripperiffic: None of her standard outfits leave much to the imagination.
A half human-half elf young girl. She servers Sonia and they're inseparable. She was the sole survivor of her village after it was destroyed by demons.
- Cute Maid: She wears a blue and white maid outfit as she serves Sonia.
- Older Than They Look: She is mentally 12, however, due to a rapid body growth her body is physically 18.
- Sole Survivor: She was the sole survivor of a village where humans and elves lived peacefully. The village which was completely annihilated.
- True Companions: Sonia and Mirianne are like sisters. Despite Mirianne serving Sonia, they have more of a family relationship rather than servant and master.
The young chief of a barbarian tribe that lives in a jungle close to the Vespia Empire.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: She's a young teenager who became leader of her tribe at a young age.
- Barbarian Tribe: Comes from the Krakashu Tribe. The tribe has defended the dark jungle they reside in for generations.
- Noble Savage: Nia's tribe doesn't seem malevolent and seems to be more of the exotic type. However, Nia and her people do dislike the military forces of Vespia who have a hostile relationship with them.
- Settling the Frontier: The empire wants to take over her jungle and land which makes the barbarians despise the people from the empire.
- Wild Child: She was raised in the depths of a southern jungle and her tribe has stayed away from humans.
Reina Von Stein
A mercenary teenage girl who seems to have no shame in showing her perverted side.
- All Women Are Lustful: She is shown to always be lusting after the male characters (especially Roi) and being a bit perverted. Even the male characters are surprised.
- Blue Blood: Reina is a noble girl that left her duties of the nobility after feeling suffocated.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Her hair colour changes every time she is given an awakening upgrade, only to settle at blonde on her final awakening and all additional outfits.
- Lightning Bruiser: She is meant to attack quickly and evade a lot, spamming her S1 attack for all it's worth.
- Mega Twintails: Her twintails are so long that they go past her knees.
- Royal Rapier: Her weapon of choice.
- The Runaway: She escapes the life of a noble in order to become a mercenary and have more freedom.
A rogue assailant who joins Kasel's group early on, alongside Cleo.
- Boring, but Practical: Get 100% Crit, some mana regen, and a sufficiently powerful UW, and Roi becomes an extremely capable damage dealer through simply spamming his third skill over and over.
- Brains and Brawn: The brains to Tanya's brawn.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Roi is very ashamed and regretful of his past as an assassin.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar on the right side of his face, but his right eye is still working.
- Heroic Build: Roi's physique is fully emphasized by the skin-tight ninja outfit, which particularly focuses on his very muscular arms.
- Misery Builds Character: In spite of his Mysterious Dark and Troubled Past, he is slowly adjusting after turning a new leaf.
- Ninja: Obviously styled after one. His 2019 New Year outfit is an outright ninja uniform.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Downplayed, but Roi is shorter than most of the other guys.
- Ship Tease: With Cleo.
A half-elf member of the Laughing Mask, the same assassination group that Roi used to be part of.
- Brains and Brawn: Was the brawn to Roi's brains.
- Cleanup Crew: Tasked with dealing with 'traitors', such as Roi.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Loathes her half-elf blood.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Her half-elf blood made her the physically superior one. However, it was Roi who had the tactical proves that lead to him being far more recognized in the Laughing Mask.
A bona fide angel who combines the mobility granted by his wings and shoots down arrows to cause damage to the hordes of the demons.
- Angelic Beauty: A Rare Male Example in the sense that he is outright male (instead of female or being a hermaphrodite) and is genuinely a well-meaning person.
- Bishounen: Even in a cast like this, he stands out with a very cute face.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Inverted. He is the long-range fighter while Aselica is a close-range fighter.
- Light Is Good: An angel who sincerely cares about humanity is quite refreshing to see in a video game. Or any recent media, for that matter.
A vengeful dark elf who sworn revenge against his own race.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has purple skin.
- Casting a Shadow: All of his attacks use darkness which is likely a side effect of having a seed of darkness planted in him.
- Expy: His personality and circumstances are akin to the initial version of Kasel.
- Nerf: Gameplay mechanic changes were not kind to Dimael.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Nothing will stop him from taking revenge on his fellow kinsmen for letting his sister be sacrificed.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Downplayed from 3 star on since he wears the left half of his jackets but exposes the right half of his body.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Zig-Zagged. Dimael has white hair, yet is more of an Anti-Hero.
- You Are What You Hate: Like Lakrak, he also hates his own kind. In this case, Dimael has hatred for the dark elves as they sacrificed people, including his sister, Epigael, for their own safety.
While the mythical race of Lulus tend to be rather secretive, Luna stands out as being very curious, to the point that she left their mountain and accidentally started her journey. Uses a slingshot in battle.
- Blown Across the Room: With certain Transcendence perks, Luna can inflict massive knockback, potentially blasting the enemy frontline behind the rest of the party!
- Cute Monster Girl: She is adorable!
- Killer Rabbit: Pun not intended.
- Little Bit Beastly: The Lulus are a race of rare animal hybrids, specifically rabbits.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: She is one of the shortest characters, but it doesn't hinder her to be a formidable fighter.
- Third-Person Person: Refers to herself this way.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrots, obviously.
- Weapon of Choice: Uses a slingshot. That is just as big as her body.
A hero which was originally planned to release but then terminated. She had a large fan base and several players emailed the devs to ask for her release.
- Barbarian Tribe: She seemed to be based on a tribal woman or a Jungle Princess.
- The Beastmaster: In her artwork picture, she was seen standing alongside a beast.
A young 14 year old merchant fox girl who travels the continent selling her deadly poison.
- Cute Bruiser: She searched for the deadliest poisons in the continent. Using her blowpipe, she poisons her enemies which cause unimaginable pain and burns their insides.
- Humanoid Female Animal: She's a humanoid fox girl.
- Perfect Poison: Her 'Tear of Venom' poison is said to be extremely painful and deadly which is exactly what she wanted.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Small? Yes. Cute? Yes. Can torture you with excruciating pain-inducing poison? Yes.
An elven princess of Elidora kingdom. She pursues Kasel to accept his duty as the warrior of the holy sword.
- Feud Episode: Especially when Cleo, Roi and Kasel first meet her. Selene argues with them and demands for them to respect her as she's a princess but Cleo is not afraid to talk back to Selene. Selene also is harsh on Kasel and temporarily views him as cowardly for not wanting to accept his mission as the warrior sent by the goddess. However, in the end, they become allies.
- The Proud Elite: She is proud of her status and often reminds everyone of her royal blood.
- Royal Brat: Can be seen as snobby, although not even close to Aisha's level, but she still has good intentions.
- Warrior Princess: She's a snobby and elegant royal elf but she can still put up a good fight thanks to her archer skills.
A seductive female demon that loves to play with human's emotions for entertainment purposes.
- Evil Priestess: Her 4 star form actually seems to be inspired by a nun or priestess although she's not actually one, in fact, she's the opposite.
- Good Is Boring: She likes to explore and experiment with different scenarios in people's lives and see which satisfies her the most. She thinks of herself as the audience watching the play.
- Hot as Hell: She can be seen as a very charming and seductive but vicious demon.
A sociable ex-information dealer who loves crystals and gems.
- Berserk Button: Cassandra, due to some unknown reason between them.
- Gemstone Assault: Her attacks use crystals and gems.
- Knowledge Broker: She acts as a guide for the city of Orvel and allows for the players to make use of the farming dungeons in central Orvel.
A young barbarian woman who is known to hunt and kill dragons..and eat them.
- Action Girl: She loves to fight and kill dragons and hunt anything that she can eat. She's not afraid of the risks of her actions.
- Amazonian Beauty: Oddly zig-zagged; It's stated that she's really strong, really tall, and very powerful, but she mentions in the event for September 2019 that she's a bit short for a barbarian.
- Barbarian Longhair: Has significantly long hair and is from a barbarian tribe. She is tough, tomboy and not afraid to get dirty.
- Big Eater: She doesn't mind to hunt dragons but only if she can eat them afterwards.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: In the September 2019 event she mentions to Juno that she knows how to cook things that are normally inedible.
- Stripperiffic: Maybe its because she's a barbarian but in her 5 star form she doesn't mind to reveal a lot of skin.
A famed seamstress, who she makes clothes and dresses for all celebrities across the continent. She reads people's fates and sews with her needle and thread. Stars dance along with her needle and her thread leaves traces of light upon everything it touches.
- Clothing Combat: She uses magic threads and needles to fight.
- Eccentric Artist: Her methods of work are a bit strange, as in observing how characters fight or act out situations that are usual to them.
- Fashion Designer: Her actual calling is to make impossibly beautiful clothes for the elites.
- Living Lie Detector: She dislikes liars, and will call out on anyone lying to her. She justifies this due to the fact that lies disrupt her work with the threads of fate that she meshes into her clothes.
- Martial Arts and Crafts: Even if she's of the archer character class, her attacks consist on launching needles and strings.
- Textile Work Is Feminine: After all, she's a tailor.
The Warrior Prince leading the Mauhata tribe of Desert Warriors.
- Cultural Blending: While at first glance he may seem to hail from an "Arabian Nights" Days Fantasy Counterpart Culture, there are several parallels to Ancient Egypt and Ancient Persia, most notably the bit about Divine Parentage.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Has the power to control desert sand.
- Divine Parentage: His ancestor is said to have been the Ancient God King.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: Quite fond of felines.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Could easily rival Pavel in this department.
- Nice Guy: Very polite to others.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Was specifically raised to become this.
- Warrior Prince: Even tough the kingdom has fallen, he is still its legitimate heir.
- Weather Manipulation: His arrows can conjure devastating sandstorms.
Being gifted a technomagic, this young prodigy seeks to one day enable everyone to use magic.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Her personality makes her a bit difficult to understand.
- Child Prodigy: Extremely talented in technomagic, she has ambitions to develop it to the point it becomes mundane.
- Golem: Annette's fighting style relies on her technomagic golem.
- High-Class Glass: Wears a monocle.
- Magitek: Her goal is to make magic available to everyone via technology.
- Money Fetish: Downplayed, but research funds are necessary for her.
A girl with a strong sense of justice. She always wants to be the source of strength for others. She punishes Demons who harass people with technomagical boots that are powerful enough to pulverize enemies.
- Heroic Lineage: Her grandfather is Ricardo, mentioned in this page.
- Hot-Blooded: Put her to fight, and she will be doing Funny Bruce Lee Noises with gusto while pummeling the bad guys.
- Kick Chick: Her attacks consists on all kinds of kicks. And nothing else.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Most of the Mechanics-class characters are ranged fighters, except for her, whose attacks are all kicks which must be combined into combo chains.
- Non-Standard Character Design: She looks more like a character from a Fighting Game or a Tokusatsu heroine, compared to the rest of the cast.
- She's Got Legs: Given her combat style, it's to be expected.
- Thrill Seeker: She stated that she quitted the army after she found it too boring for her tastes, and then she ran off to become part of the Resistance against the Empire.
The young commander of the magic knights of the Vespia Empire.
- Blue Blood: She seems to hail from a noble family, possibly low ranking, who are knights and serve his imperial majesty.
- Commanding Coolness: She is the commander of Velchia, the magic knights of the empire.
- Lady of War: Comes from a low ranking noble family and is not fearful of danger. For her young age, she seems to be mature and fearless, which earned her the emperor's trust.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Despite being only 18, the emperor gave her the position of commander due to her abilities and skills.
- Workaholic: She's so focused on her job that she refused to go out on her birthday (or take the day off for that reason), prompting Glenwys (with the help of Fluss) to drag her out of the office.
A jaded former naval officer who currently operates as a bounty hunter and a troubleshooter. Crow is later on revealed to have been Mitra's superior.
- Four-Star Badass: His backstory, but it is not clear what was his exact rank in the navy.
- Hunk: Not quite as muscular as Chase, but still visibly beefier than Mitra.
- Mysterious Past: There are several in-game theories about his motives, but nothing is clear yet.
- Later on it is revealed that he once had a daughter and wife...
- It is confirmed that his wife's name is Rose Christina while the child is named Loah.
- Only One Name: Subverted. Crow is notably the first character to have a full name revealed: Crow Emrest
- Peek-a-Bangs: Covering his left eye.
- Rage Against the Heavens: Apparently has a bone to pick with some Jerkass God(s).
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: His calm, almost stoic demeanor makes him the Blue Oni to Mitra's Red Oni.
- The Rival: For Mitra.
- Sweet Tooth: He really likes candy canes and ironically dislikes tobacco.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Over 6ft tall? Check. Dark hair? Check. In his early thirties? Check.
- Tranquil Fury: Once his past is finally elaborated, it revealed that despite of his facade of relative apathy, deep down Crow is torn by the loss of his family.
- Your Size May Vary: His height was initially 202cm, until it was reduced to 193cm (roughly 63ft).
HanusA young child in charge of training the troops of the Guild Allied Forces.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: she's only thirteen and already in charge of the forces in the Guild.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: She often mentions that her training is brutal.
- Little Miss Badass: One of the youngest characters (13 years old), small and very powerful.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Her machine gun
A human-type feminine machine golem created by a technomagic of an ancient civilization.
- Fembot: A very feminine golem machine and genderless character.
- No Biological Sex: Technically has no gender but still clearly design to look like a female.
- Robot Girl: A machine golem to be precise. She still looks like a young girl though.
A white goblin who uses his cannon to inflict massive damage. His is also friends with Roi.
- Acceptable Targets: The other goblins all think its ok to mock and bully Lakrak for being an albino goblin.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: He genuinely appreciated Roi helping him. Too bad Lakrak often forgets how Roi (and/or anyone else, for that matter) looks like...
- BFG: His Lakrak MK-1.
- Genius Ditz: For all of his personality issues, Lakrak is VERY skilled in the department of weapon and explosive engineering.
- Herd-Hitting Attack: Lakrak's entire kit revolves around constantly stunning groups of enemies.
- Recognition Failure: Has a hard time remembering faces which leads to even shooting at Roi before being able to recall who he is.
- You Are What You Hate: He hates the other goblins and wanted to get rid of them all because they bullied him for looking different.
- Younger Than They Look: He's actually only 19 but looks much older due to being a goblin.
At first glance, just a little girl. However, Miruru is a legendary pirate whose current youthful appearance is a result of a curse.
- The Determinator: Even after hitting rock bottom, she still tries to reclaim her old glory.
- The Dreaded: Was this for countless sailors, up until she got struck with the curse.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Currently doesn't actually own a ship, yet is still able to call in an offscreen artillery barrage via her third skill.
- Older Than She Looks: She is actually 27, but under the curse she's 12.
- Pirate Girl: Literally, as a result of a curse.
- Plucky Comic Relief: In no small part thanks to her personality.
- Red Baron: She was the empress of a pirate army and was feared by both continents, Orvel and Vespia.
- Womanchild: Justified. The curse also regresses her mental state into that of a child. It often gets her in trouble.
An enigmatic, dangerous man hunted by Crow. He is later revealed to have been serving in the navy alongside Crow who was Mitra's superior at that time.
- Ambiguously Evil: While admittedly Ax-Crazy in battle, his background is so dubious that it's hard to properly judge his character without further insight.
- BFG: Roar of Madness, Velkinoth - which are said to gradually drive their user insane - are stated to be able to power themselves up by absorbing the owner's own bloodlust.
- Blood Knight: One of the more violent ones in the series.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Loathes hypocrites.
- The Gunslinger: Not surprising, given his class.
- Heroic Build: Well, 'heroic' may not be the right word. Justified by him being a former member of the navy and a Blood Knight.
- Hunk: Needless to say, he has a good muscular build.
- Megane: In his school outfit.
- Mr. Fanservice: Where to begin? His subtext with Crow, muscular build, outfits that put emphasis on his broad & wide chest...
- Mysterious Past: Aside from it being purportedly blood-soaked, little is known about his past, not even who exactly put the bounty on him. Even after it was revealed he used to be in the navy, little is known about his career aside of having a less then favorable opinion of Crow, who was his superior at that time.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Mitra's rowdy, often violent nature makes him the Red Oni to Crow's Blue Oni.
- The Rival: For Crow.
- Unfriendly Fire: Once the battle starts, he loses any grip of the concept of friend or foe.
A once human clocksmith who, thanks to a misunderstanding, got cursed into the form of a Redpur.
- Angst? What Angst?: Unlike most curses in the game, where the victims take them seriously, all of Oddy's animations show him as being very comfortable in his Redpur form and even having fun in it.
- Badass Adorable: He is basically a anthropomorphic red panda with Time Master powers.
- It Will Never Catch On: He is the inventor of the first portable watch in the setting, but nobody in Orvelia understood its true value.
- Karmic Transformation: Subverted. He was simply mistaken for a poacher.
- Older Than He Looks: Judging by his voice, he was likely cursed sometime in his fifties. Due to the Curse he was also rendered practically ageless.
- Time Master: Has the power to slow down enemies and accelerate allies.
A former officer from the Empire and a member of its Hound unit. She enjoys the brutality of war, and burning things around her.
- Blood Knight: Her superiors recognize her as a troublemaker because of her brutality and her underlings are terrified of her because of it.
- Cute Little Fangs: She has them.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: Her flamethrower.
- Laughing Mad: Her usual demeanor.
- Pyromaniac: Comes in with her weapon.
- Sociopathic Soldier: She doesn't care about what is being fought, as long as she gets to burn enemies to a crisp. That includes her own soldiers.
The talented teenage sniper from the distant Vespia Empire. It was previously believed that she was an animal hybrid but it is revealed she's a lover of bears so she wears bear ears on her hat.
- Animal Motifs: Bears. All of her hats (except her Christmas dress) have bear ears attached to them.
- Braids of Action: Mixed in with Girlish Pigtails.
- Friendly Sniper: She seems to be a cheery and happy girl but when it comes to her job she has no issue completing her missions.
- Killer Rabbit: She's a tiny young girl who's also the Empire's top ranking sniper.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: A young girl who loves bears!? how deadly could she be, huh? Don't let her looks fool you.
A young noble girl from Orvelia kingdom.
- Beam Spam: The queen of it, especially once she gains enough Crit to constantly activate her passive.
- Damsel in Distress: She has to be protected by her maid and bodyguard, Priscilla, and is wanted for her mana (energy) to be used in the empire's Project Evil Knights.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Can be seen in her Inn conversations.
- Ojou: An extremely wealthy girl from a noble family. She has her own maid who serves and protects her.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: She seems to have been spoiled by her family and acts like she can buy the world with her wealth.
- Spoiled Brat: Somewhat. She gives the impression and vibe of the stereotypical snobby upper class but in other scenes from the event dungeon she's polite.
- Red Baron: She's called "Violet Princess" and earned the title of purple for her wizard abilities from the Tower of Sage. Despite her title, she's not an actual princess rather she's just a noblewoman.
- The Von Trope Family: She hails from the Von Daphnel family who are nobility.
- Younger Than They Look: She's only 16 but looks slightly older.
The 19 year old monarch of Pentheonia, a kingdom that fought against the demons 100 years ago.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: She's still a teenager yet she is the sole ruler of a kingdom and it seems she became queen at a young age.
- Girly Bruiser: She wears a light-pink dress and has a feminine small tiara but this doesn't stop her from fighting against her enemies.
- The High Queen: She's kindhearted, mature and a good queen for her people.
- Lady of War: She uses her blessed staff to burn her enemies into ashes.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Not a princess but a queen who loves pink.
- Red Baron: She's called "Empress of Light" but is also sometimes referred to as an empress despite Pentheonia being a kingdom not an empire.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: She is a Queen, dutiful, wise, elegant and brave.
The God King of ancient Sekireikel.
- Benevolent Mage Ruler: He's certainly one if the historical sources and his personality are to be trusted.
- God-Emperor: Given the fact he's stylistically inspired in Ancient Egypt, it's a given.
- Interspecies Romance: It's hinted that he had one with Laias◊. However, it's later revealed that Laias just doesn't feel the same way for him.
- King in the Mountain: Was previously entombed and meant to be released in a time of extreme danger. He was awoken by an undead necromancer. Cain was not pleased by this transgression.
- Large Ham: His manner of speech is extremely bombastic, and reminding constantly to all that he is a living god.
- Nepharious Pharaoh: Inverted. He's known to be a great king.
- Storm of Blades: His main method of attack is using a series of blades behind him to slice up his enemies.
A young sorceress the Red Tower, and a specialist in explosive fire magic.
- Child Prodigy: Cleo's innate talent in magic was clear from the beginning.
- Foil: To Freya. Both of them are orphaned female spellcasters with remarkable potential. The difference between them is that Cleo was relatively spoiled by Dominilks the Great Sage, while Frey was raised by a religious order causing her to grow up to be a lot less selfish person. Also, Cleo is offensively oriented, while Frey is more support-oriented. Of course, both of these young women are ultimately well-meaning.
- Hates Being Alone: In spite of her personalty, she is actually afraid of abandonment.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She is not very polite and at times even mischievous, but deep down she has the capacity to sincerely care for the well-being of others.
- Playing with Fire: The cornerstone of her combat style is her fire magic.
- Quest for Identity: Cleo's primary motivation is to find her mother and uncover her real origins.
- Ship Tease: With Roi.
- Missing Mom: Finding her mother is Cleo's current goal.
A wise Lizardman who leads a resistance movement against the Vespian Empire.
- Lizard Folk
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: He is more akin to a character of the Priest class, with attacks geared at causing damage at the enemies but also healing his allies.
Initially a wandering artist, Esker was framed by Prime Minister El Moriham of Orvelia and disappeared until he returned as a notorious underworld gambler. He is an old friend of Lucias.
- Childhood Friends: With Lucias. He still owns the fishing rod Lucias gifted him.
- The Dreaded: Considered to be the most dangerous person in the secret gambling world.
- The Gambler: In the present, after his day as a performer were cut short.
- Master of Illusion: 'The Illusion Gambler '.
- Not the Intended Use: The Lu Estrona Dice were meant to be used for Escapism, not for combat.
- Odd Friendship: Despite of their different interests, he and Lucias gradually formed a close friendship.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He was frightened by stag beetles in his childhood. Fishing worms are likewise anything but dear to Esker.
IsoletA witch from the same coven as Ophelia, and associated with Pandora. She travels around the world, punishing oppresors and hypocrites alike.
A vampire of royal blood who has 3 forms; a child, a pre-teen/teen and an adult.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: She doesn't want to kill all humans and such their blood. She is shown to be quirky and polite both in her child and adult forms.
- Fun Size: Her 3-star form is small enough to ride on Gau's head, as shown in an earlier title screen◊
- The High Queen: A bit confusing as she's a princess but considered queen to vampires. She seems to be wise and benevolent and a very admired vampire.
- Ms. Fanservice: Has a very revealing outfit in her adult form which exposes a lot of her chest. That's why she earned the Fan Nickname "Lewdisia".
- Vampire Monarch: Not much is know about her origins but she is said to be a princess and one of the last of her kind. Despite being a princess (likely a vampire king's daughter) she is considered to be the queen of all vampires.
A dragon girl who just passed her hatching period. She's the younger sister of Laias and seems to be like a step-sister to Neraxis.
- Badass Adorable: A cute little dragon girl... the keyword here being dragon.
- Little Sister Heroine: Constantly has to protect her older sister from men and boys who fall in love with Laias... including Neraxis and Cain.
- Older Than They Look: The same can be said of Laias and Neraxis. They look like youth but due to being dragons they're centuries old.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Small and 'young' but quite deadly. She's a dragon after all.
- Sibling Rivalry: Neraxis and Lilia are not related by blood but he is treated like a step-brother. She is always like always seen fighting with Neraxis. They argue about who's stronger, who's weaker, who's dumber and about Laias.
- Underestimating Badassery: Due to her size she can be seen as innocent and harmless but she brings destruction and wrath to all those who perceive her as weak.
An elf druid who allied with the Human Allied Forces against the Dark Lord. Stated to be the wisest of the Druids.
- Badass Teacher: Aside from being a combatant herself, she has taught numerous, often high-profile, individuals.
- Green Thumb: Fittingly for an elf, her abilities involve interaction with flora.
- Ms. Exposition: Her role is brief in-story, but she still reveals important details regarding the nucleus of darkness to Kasel.
- Poison Is Evil: Inverted. She uses poison, yet is one of the more benevolent characters in the setting.
- Poisonous Person: Her fighting style revolves around the poison status.
- Really 700 Years Old: At least older than a century.
- When Trees Attack: Her primary means of attacking.
A former saint who fought alongside King Kyle 100 years old and blessed him. It seems she was in love with the king.
- Anti-Hero: It could be argued that she's more of an anti-hero rather than a blatant villain. However, Maria is one of the few playable characters in the game with truly evil intentions. The "evil intentions" aspect is completely subverted with the reveals in Chapter 9, but it does not take her out of the anti-hero category.
- Broken Bird: This side of her isn't properly shown until Chapter 9 and the epilogue.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: While not necessarily evil she does at the very least seem to care about Morrah. Considering that Morrah is essentially Oricana in another form it makes sense that she cares.
- She's also very loyal to King Kyle, even doing her best to protect his son because of his last request.
- Evil Priestess: Formerly a saint and priestess of Lua until she became corrupted by evil.
- Fallen Hero: She was a priestess and then a saint who later fell into darkness and became a witch. It seems that she fell into corruption after the king disappeared but it also looks like the king did not have the same feelings for her.
- Femme Fatale: She's a vicious and beautiful woman who shows no sympathy.
- Hot Witch: Looks very youthful despite having lived for many years and dresses in a revealing outfit.
- Living Weapon: Her weapon, Cocytus, seems to be a living crow that Maria uses to channel her powers.
- Rage Against the Heavens: She has some serious anger against the goddess and not without reason.
- Wicked Witch: Became this after her corruption.
A mage who can travel through dimensions and is able to control space itself.
- Badass Beard: Has very striking beard.
- Dimensional Traveler: He travels across dimensions thanks to his space teleportation abilities.
- Flechette Storm: Although he's classed as a Wizard, Nyx mostly fights via throwing a whole lot of blades at his foes.
- Gender-Blender Name: Nyx, while still fitting for a magic user, is a name usually associated with female spell casters.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: A magic user specialized in physical attacks.
- Ikemen: Could be considered this to some. Nyx has somewhat soft features but definitely not like a bishonen or a pretty boy, not to mention his summer outfit shows him to be fairly ripped too.
- Mismatched Eyes: Is a heterchromic mage. One eye is blue while the other appears yellow.
A lone Astrologer who seeks to find the (literal) man of her dreams.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: What kick-starts her journey.
- I Will Find You: She seeks to find the man she (literally) dreamed of, Kasel. Ophelia believes that he will play a major role in saving the world.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Justified by her fighting style.
- Status-Buff Dispel: Has a dispel every 5 seconds in a S3+S2 combo.
- Tarot Motifs: Her attacks are themed after them.
An effeminate wizard possessed by the soul of a (female) ice dragon.
- An Ice Person: His magical element is ice.
- Agent Peacock: A competent wizard with a rather fabulous choice of clothes.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: And it doesn't help that he is actually possessed by a lady.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Has long hair and a very girly face.
- Really 700 Years Old: More like 243 years old.
- Spanner in the Works: Him enabling the Longest Pregnancy Ever that resulted in Kasel - the illegitimate son of king Kyle - existing in the present causes a lot of problems for the ambitions of the prime minister (and the other politicians) of Orvelia who is already having a hard time dealing with Scarlet.
The 22 year old intellectual genius scholar from the Tower of Sage. She was the third NPC to be playable in the game.
- Badass Bookworm: She's able to hold her own against more powerful threats, with only pen and parchment.
- Cute Bookworm: She appears to be clumsy and a little nerdy but is also very charming.
- Good with Numbers: As she worked as the royal accountant of Orvel before joining the Guild.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Was one of the most requested NPC to be playable. She has a decent amount of fans who find her plenty attractive.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: She was soon appointed to be the highest ranking royal secretary of finance and she wears glasses.
A strange woman, created by a dark entity called Tidhar, created to spread chaos and strife across the world.
- Humanoid Abomination: It's stated she's not human, but merely humanlike, as she is a vessel for some ancient entity.
- Soul-Cutting Blade: Her unique weapon chips away the soul of its victims.
- The Soulless: It's implied that she lacks a soul.
- The Unfettered: She's devoted to fulfilling the will of her master.
- Vague Age / Older Than She Looks: She looks seventeen, but she might be as old as time itself.
A rather autonomous priest of the Church of Lua. Suggested to have had a less than outstanding life prior taking up the path of the high priesthood.
- Crippling Overspecialization: The rest of his kit suffers a bit in exchange for Holy Sanctuary.
- HeelFaith Turn: Suggested to have been a criminal in the past.
- Holy Hand Grenade: 'Holy Sanctuary' is a defensive ability, but it is so meta-defining that it can't be stressed how useful he is in the Arena.
- Holy Nova is a more offensive spell which also heals an ally a bit.
- Mr. Vice Guy: "Holy Ruffian".
- No-Sell: His specialty. For 7 seconds, he grants not only damage immunity, but also debuff immunity.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: To emphasize his reputation as a maverick and provide some Female Gaze.
She is the owner of the Gold Bar, the most famous tavern in Vespia.
- Dance Battler: She seduces her enemies with her captivating dances.
- Femme Fatale: Even her in-game intro calls her this. She is charming, seductive and flirty.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: Pretty long, especially considering she styles it in a ponytail. Her attire along with her hair make her look significantly feminine.
- Secret Identity: Not really a spoiler since her index reveals this, she's secretly a weapon's dealer of the black market. She also exchanges important information and weapons in her tavern which serves as a meeting place for all the social elites.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Most closely a green color. Seems to be her natural hair color unless it's all part of her secret identity role.
EvanA half-human half-vampire alchemist from the Tower of Sage.
- Casting a Shadow: His weapon is the flask he keeps his dark homunculus Naav Gehen in.
- Dark Is Not Evil: His research into and use of darkness as a weapon aside he is rather nice and friendly.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half human, half vampire.
- Improbable Weapon User: A flask that houses a homunculus made of darkness.
- Mystical White Hair
- Rapunzel Hair: His hair is very long.
A priestess in-training, noted the be quite prodigious by the church. Under the service of the goddess Lua. She grew up in the same orphanage as Clause and Kasel.
- Good Is Not Soft: If you are an evildoer, she won't hold back.
- Light Is Good: A kindhearted user of light magic.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Is this to Kasel. It ends up biting them both in the ass, as they both become corrupted together after Kasel commits patricide.
- Not Blood Siblings: She is romantically interested in Kasel who is practically her stepbrother.
- Support Party Member: Gameplay-wise a solid pick as a buffer and a healer, made especially so by a shield that provides debuff immunity.
- Teen Genius: Her innate talent lead to the Church of Lua having great expectations from her.
A version of Frey who came into being when her faith was shattered, after Kasel was corrupted by the dark energy within the Holy Sword. She willingly surrendered to the darkness and chose to stay at the Dark Lord Kasel's side.
- Despair Event Horizon: When Kasel is corrupted by the darkness within the Holy Sword, Frey begs for Lua to save him. The Goddess doesn't respond to her plea. This completely shatters Frey's faith in Lua, and is the catalyst for her transformation.
- Evil Wears Black: Like Kasel, Frey's change comes with a black and red outfit.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Frey's new outfit.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- White Hair, Black Heart: Like Kasel, Frey's hair also changed to white.
A young woman who is said to be one of the best cooks in the continent of Orvel. She's also the keeper of the Inn.
- Cheery Pink: Has wavy pink hair and is very cheerful.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: She's a bit girly and knows how to make the best meals.
- Supreme Chef: She is an amazing chef and one of the best in the whole continent.
An orc cheiftain of the skywind tribe who has the power of lightning.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: He becomes the new chieftain after the previous chieftan, Sieg, dies.
- Clairvoyance: He has clairvoyant dreams and can interpret them well. He can see future events.
- Elemental Powers: Has the power of lightning and all of his items revolve around lightning and thunderbolts.
The priestess of the Oasis in Aegina Desert. She's also a dragon who has lived for eons.
- Elemental Powers: She has great water and healing abilities.
- Flirty Stepsiblings: Neraxis acts this way towards her which infuriates Lilia.
- Interspecies Romance: Hinted that she had one with Cain.
- Ms. Fanservice: All of her outfits tend to show off her ample bosom. Especially her beach swimsuit and her nurse outfit.
- Older Than They Look: Physically looks to be in her mid 20s but has lived for eons.
- True Blue Femininity: Her colour in most outfits tends to be blue, like her hair.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She is blue dragon with blue hair, just like her younger sister, Lilia.
The amalgamation of deceased children who died tragically died in the Demon war a century ago. Lavril herself, ironically, is oddly naive and innocent.
- Adorable Abomination: In spite of her origin, she is behaving and thinking like a real girl.
- Animals Hate Her: Subverted. Animals were able to instantly notice Lavril's eldritch nature and were initially wary of her. However, when a certain girl with a harp approached her, they were able to relax and even welcomed Lavril.
- Life Drain: Her specialty. She can even share it with her allies.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Just like a normal child, she wants to make friends and has no inherent malice.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: In spite of her terrifying origins and abilities, Lucias insisted to give her a chance. And sure enough, he was proven to be correct.
A gnome working as the Scribe of the Royal Great Library of Orvelia. His magic revolves around runes.
- Badass Bookworm: Bonus points for actually having a position in a major library.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Considering his overall skillset, he was most likely explicitly designed to counter Bau. He is otherwise outclassed in every other category.
- The Cutie: The cutie among the guys.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Not quite like Pavel, but still easy to mistake for a girl. His personality is also misleading.
- Hates Being Alone: Loneliness is very much a no-no to him.
- Obvious Rule Patch: Most probably intended to be used as a counter for Bau. Other than him only Scarlet can properly counter Baudouin.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Has pink hair and is an all-around cutie.
- Shrinking Violet: He has an rather shy personality.
- Status-Buff Dispel: One of his specialties, alongside healing.
- Vague Age: Looks like a child, but considering that he is a gnome...
- Troll: Unlike his in-game counterpart, Leo in the 4komas often pulls pranks on other characters.
Initially just another soldier (even if a remarkably young one at that), Lucias didn't show up in anyone's radar until the stigmata appeared on his body at the age 19. Thanks to his immense faith in Lua, he can summon a great divine power in battle.
- Bishounen: Absolutely. He even resembles Arch a little bit. Fittingly, both of them are highly devoted to Lua.
- Childhood Friends: With Esker. Doubles as an Odd Friendship given their contrasting personalities.
- Foil: To Baudouin. Both of them are male, explicitly human Priest class heroes aligned with the Church of Lua. However, Baudouin is a rugged maverick in stark contrast to the Bishounen Good Shepherd that is Lucias.
- Fertile Feet: Lua's blessing apparently causes the flora of the places he visits to flourish. Those places are even referred to as 'sanctuaries'.
- Kung-Fu Jesus: It is easy to forget that Lucias is technically a physical fighter. Justified by his prior occupation as a soldier.
- Hope Bringer: The mission given to him by Lua is the travel the world and bring light to those in need.
- Light Is Good: He rivals the actual angelic characters in this department.
- Religious Bruiser: Highly religious and used to be a member of the Holy Knights under the command of Ricardo. Even in the present, he is still a physical fighter.
The cheerful girl running the general shop at the capital of Ovrel. She dreams of riches and wealth.
- Bag of Holding: Her bag not only carries her loot when adventuring it's also her weapon.
- Girlish Pigtails: Has blonde pigtails just like Reina.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Has blond hair and is very joyful.
- Intrepid Merchant: Her backstory notes that the goods she sells are things she gathered from her own adventures.
- Money Fetish: She is a merchant after all.
- Plucky Girl: Very enthusiastic and happy.
- Shopkeeper: Of the general store.
- Young and in Charge: She's only 15 and already the owner of a shop in Orvel.
A young 21 year old doctor that uses techniques which originate from the times priests where short in supply. She wears a maid outfit simply because she likes it.
- Deadly Doctor: She's a doctor who wants to use poison to inject and kill the demons who started to invade Orvel.
- Irony: A Priest class character who doesn't rely on any supernatural forces for healing others.
- Magic Versus Science: To an extent. She seeks to advance medical technologies, while expressing contempt for Healing Magic.
- Playing with Syringes: Taken Up to Eleven with her her Weapon of Choice Merciful Threat, Phistonia, which is basically a gigantic injection.
- True Blue Femininity: She wears a dark-blue maid outfit despite being a doctor.
RehartnaA musician who runs an atelier outside of the Imperial capital. However, she secretly collaborates with the Resistance.
- All Women Are Prudes: Parodied during the 2019 Christmas event, in which seeing Mitra's bare torso makes causes her to freak out and accuse him of being a pervert.
- Musical Assassin: Sort of. Her weapon is a specialized wind instrument, but Rehartna herself is more of a support unit herself and meant more for buffing allies in long battles.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair, and is quite adorable.
A half-human and half-animal small creature who guides souls with the help of his spirit lamp.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's a 14 year old Tamian hybrid.
- I See Deadpeople: He can see the souls and spirits of those that have passed and is able to guide them to the light using his lamp.
- Teen Genius: Rephy's ability as a soul guide is outstanding. Of his race, he's the most capable of purifying souls and guiding them to the afterlife.
A mysterious 16 year old girl who heals people with her songs.
- Harp of Femininity: Has a harp and is very feminine. Her pink dress along with her long pink hair.
- The Muse: She is able to heal those with her beautiful songs and sounds of her harp.
- Mysterious Past: Not much is known about her or her origins. She seems to be praised by fairies and has healing abilities.
- Rose-Haired Girl: Has pink hair and seems to be full of life.
One of the strongest demons in the setting and the father of Ezekiel. He is also responsible for the destruction of the Republic of Grey a century prior to the events of the story.
- Arch-Nemesis: The closest thing Theo has to one one due to Lucikiel being directly responsible for destroying the Republic of Grey.
- Arch Nemesis Dad: To Ezekiel, due to Parental Abandonment.
- Barbarian Longhair: Fitting for a notorious, musclebound demon, Lucikiel has long black hair with multiple dark blue strands.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: Has a large, spiky tail that is usually hidden behind his wide frame.
- Evil Is Bigger: One of the most formidable antagonists and he is about twice the size of Ezekiel.
- Family Theme Naming: Both he and his son have '-kiel' in their names.
- Female Gaze: His entire torso is on full display.
- Four-Star Badass: Not only a very powerful demon in his own right, but he also has a high ranking in the demon army, being one of their officers.
- Genius Bruiser: On top of being a muscle-bound fighter, he is also researching ways to combine demons with humans. His experiment failed with the subject (Nia's ancestor) escaping. Now he seeks to try on his son...
- Interspecies Romance: Ironically had a relationship with a female human.
- Irony: In spite of being one of the greatest threats to humanity from the demon side, he was in a relationship with a human and they even had an offspring.
- Hunk: He is practically a preponderant version of Ezekiel.
- MayDecember Romance: Given the vastly different lifespans of humans and demons, his relationship with Ezekiel's mother falls under this.
- Missing Dad: Ezekiel never met him. In fact, he doesn't even know his father's name nor face.
- Mum Looks Like a Sister: Gender Inverted Example. He could easily pass for Ezekiel's older brother. Also justified in that he is a demon and therefore doesn't have much to worry about aging.
- Older Than He Looks: A rare double example.
- He is at least over a century old.
- Due to the resemblance to his nineteen-year-old son easily makes him look like he is still at most in his mid-twenties.
- Stripperific: His regular outfit shows about just as much skin as some of the playable male characters' Beach Costumes.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Even more so than his son.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Unlike most of the male characters, he normally doesn't cover his upper body.
Prime Minister El Moriham of OrveliaThe ambitious Prime Minister of Orvelia who seeks to get rid of Scarlet and usurp power over the kingdom together with the treacherous nobility.
- Ambition Is Evil: Despite of the world already being in crisis due to the demons, he still seeks to usurp the throne.
- Create Your Own Hero: His plans tend to backfire in this fashion.
- Him trying to eliminate Scarlet by using Chase not only fails, but it also results in Chase becoming a powerful ally of Scarlet.
- Esker ended up becoming the most feared gambler in the underworld after being framed by El Moriham and eventually returned when (almost) everyone forgot about him.
- Evil Chancellor: Fits this trope down to a T. His actions range from plotting a coup to framing an innocent performer.