Character page for Killer Bean Forever.
Jack, AKA, Killer Bean
- The Ace: He describes himself as being one of the Agency's top agents. It's not an unfounded claim, although if Jet Bean and Vagan's reputation are any indication, you'd have to be one to be in the organization.
- Anti-Hero: He joined the Agency to "get rid of the trash of the world". This doesn't stop him from attacking or making threats for somewhat petty reasons.
- Blood Knight: He'll take any reason, no matter how petty, to spill blood (or should we say, the beans?). The Agency calls him out on this, as his bloodythirst leads to recklessness, which leads to unwanted attention.
- The first few things he has to say when he opens into his Far Cry 5 playthrough is asking where the weapons are.
- Disproportionate Retribution: He kills Cappuccino's nephew and his friends for not turning down the music to their party in the middle of the night.
- Fatal Flaw: Recklessness.
- Heel Realization: Downplayed. While he doesn't exactly weep over it, the look on his face after he kills Vagan and realizes he was betrayed by the Agency shows that, at the very least, he feels bad for being so reckless at that moment.
- Jerkass: Rude, abrasive, refuses to work with Cromwell (Even when it would be pragmatic for him to do so) and generally mocks his enemies during his fights.
- Meaningful Name: His real name is Jack, and if you assume "Bean" is his last name, that would make his name similar to Jack Bauer.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Killer Bean.
- One-Man Army: It doesn't matter how much you throw at him, he'll kill it and look cool while doing it.
- Reality Ensues: Using a specialty gun and engraving his bullet casings sounds cool, up until it gives him an identifier to the police.
- Red Is Heroic: Or in this case, Red is Anti-Heroic.
A detective for the Bean Town Police.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: He's able to guess that because of Killer Bean's unique and flashy gear, he's financially backed by someone(s) of high stature and that he's arrogant and reckless.
- Badass Boast: When Killer Bean asks him if he brought backup when confronting him in the bar, he just shows off his gun while telling him that this is his backup.
- Fedora of Asskicking: Has a nice brown one that never falls from his head, even when he is knocked to the ground by Killer Bean.
- Glory Hound: Killer Bean implies this of him, after he finds about Vegan and Cappuccino's deaths, he asks him if he came to see if he did his "dirty work". It's arguable whether or not this is true, given that while he immediately asks after that about The Shadow Agency and the Shadow Beans, it could be he is doing that out of actual goodwill instead of personal glory/fame.
- Hand Cannon: His weapon of choice. It's bigger than Killer Bean's handguns, which he lampshades when he talks to him.
- Hardboiled Detective: Gives off this vibe.
- Nice Guy: Calm, collected and reasonable, even when Killer Bean couldn't care less about him.
- Only Sane Man: For a given value of "sane", but all of the other main characters in the movie are kinda... unstable. Killer Bean is a Sociopathic Hero, Cappuccino is a Bad Boss and Jet Bean has a case of Lack of Empathy and being a cold assassin. Cromwell just wants to arrest Cappuccino and rid Bean Town of Criminals, and apart from some (Unconfirmed) Glory Hound tendencies he is an overall tough, but fair detective.
Vagan, AKA, Dark BeanCappuccino's head of the Weapons Department.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Fights Killer Bean with a rifle strong enough to pierce through concrete.
- Cool Shades: Never seen without them.
- The Dragon: To Cappuccino. He turns out to be a Dragon with an Agenda.
- Expy: To Blade, whose film franchise was recent at the time that Killer Bean Forever was produced.
- Reverse Mole: He joined Cappuccino so he could figure out who else he needed to kill.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: He can afford lawyers that can lift the charges on him before he can even be driven to the police station, making him untouchable to the law.
- Stealth Pun: His codename is Dark Bean, which is similar to "black bean".
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Averted. In a movie where everyone kicks ass or at least tries to, given Killer Bean's status as a One man army, Cappuccino himself doesn't fight and only kills three (and implicitly, a couple more) hungover employees by whacking them out of skyscraper with a bat, and when he finally meets Killer Bean face to face he leaves the fighting to his mooks and dies after getting shoot in the back by Vagan.
- Bad Boss: When his employees are too drugged out and hungover from a party to listen to him asking why his drug profits are going down, he knocks them out of a skyscraper window with a bat. He also fires Vagan upon learning that he's wanted dead for mysterious reasons that he can't know... and is promptly killed by him.
- Big Bad Wannabe: When he learns from Killer Bean during the standoff that Vagan is his real target, not Cappuccino, he wants to stay when Killer Bean tells him to beat it since it's confidential, which Killer Bean snarks that it's no problem since it just means he'll have to kill him too. After a moment's pause, Cappuccino decides to leave... but not before making the mistake of firing Vagan right then and there.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He loved his nephew and saw him as a good kid. He gave him a warehouse so he could practice being a DJ in exchange for him working for him in the drug business.
- Fatal Flaw: As the confrontation in the central warehouse shows, he thinks he's untouchable, but compared to the likes of Killer Bean and Vagan, he's a small fry. It's what nearly gets him killed when he tries to insist on staying to hear Vagan's backstory and does him in when he tells an armed Vagan that he's fired.
- Fedora Of Ass Kicking: Just like Cromwell, he doesn't really fight, but he's shown to be capable, in his case, batting his mooks out of a skyscraper window.
- Meaningful Name: Cappuccino is a type of caffeinated drink, caffeine being from coffee beans.
- Non-Action Guy: He's not a fighter, just an ordinary mob boss.
- Punny Name: For Al Pacino.
- Too Dumb to Live: Yeah Cappuccino, tell the man who is perfectly capable of killing you and has put through your bad boss tendencies until now that he is fired. Sure, he didn't know that Vagan wanted to kill him from the start, but still, he practically asked to be shoot at that point.
Another assassin from the Agency.
- Always Someone Better: He outranks Killer Bean in terms of physical combat.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: A very skilled one. He can even parry Killer Bean's bullets with his wrist!
- Didn't See That Coming: Killer Bean manages to kill him by tossing one of his bullet casings in midair and firing another bullet at an angle that makes it seem like he's aiming for Jet Bean's face when it actually hits and redirects the former bullet into Jet Bean's abdomen. As Jet Bean dodges several of these bullets aimed towards his head, it leaves the rest of his body vulnerable.
- Faux Affably Evil: When Killer Bean tries to reveal to him the true nature of the Shadow Agency, Jet Bean rebuffs it and says that he doesn't care.
- Jerkass: When he gets a call from the Agency to go on a mission in the middle of a meal at a restaurant, he leaves without paying and threatens to kill the staff when they try to stop him.
- Punny Name: For Jet Li.
- Yellow Peril: Has a chinese appearance and is a dangerous, amoral assassin.
A mercenary leader hired by Vagan.
- Elite Mooks: His mercenaries are much better equipped than the other Beans Killer Bean faced until them. That being said, they die as easily as the other ones.
- Mook Lieutenant: What he essentially is.
- Nice Hat: Has a snazzy black beret.
- No Name Given: He is shot down by Killer Bean before we learn his real name, which is kinda strange, given that he gives an entire 2 minute monologue about his feats and yet never mentions his own identity.
- Normal Fish in a Tiny Pond: One interpretation on why he wasn't that big of a step up compared to the beans. He might actually be an powerful and smart leader that won more than 11 purple hearts and 15 medals of honor, he just doesn't compare to the hypersonic speed, reactions, and tactics of Killer Bean.
- Private Military Contractors: He says that he and his soldiers work on many contract missions, such as hostage situations and assassinations.
- Smug Snake: Talks the big game, boasting the feats of his men, but he can't hold a candle to the agency's members like Killer Bean, Jet Bean and Vagan.
The group that Killer Bean, Jet Bean and Vegan works for. While they seem to be your standard contract killer agency at first, they are much more than they seem to be at first...-
- Karma Houdini: They have become corrupt, are implied to have killed dozens of agents because they lost their userfulness and managed to trick Killer Bean into disposing of Vagan and their only comeuppance was losing Jet Bean, and given how they dispose of their agents they seem to be able to replace him with no problems. That being said, Killer Bean IS going on a one man crusade after them, and while its not show whether he succeeds or not, he has a very good track record to back up his abilities
- Karma Houdini Warranty: While Killer Bean STILL wasnt taken out the leaders, by the time of Killer Bean Unleashed he did deal some good damage against the agency by attacking their warehouses and taking out one of their other agents
- Private Military Contractors: A much more sinister (And powerful) version of the mercenaries Vagan contracted. They also used to be a more Vigilante version of this trope before they turned corrupt
- Vigilante Man: They are a group of contract killers that work in tandem with the government to get rid of the scum of the world. Or at least they use to, before they became corrupt and much more ruthless