Kevin Dewclaw (Rabbit)
Father and alpha male of the Dewclaw clan. Originally ran the herbivore forum, now runs the HareLink ISP, both out of his basement.
- Beware the Nice Ones: A generally sweet-tempered, easy-going guy who loves his family and is happy to be friends. He was a famous wrestler in his younger years, and even now he packs a punch capable of downing bears with one blow.
- The Big Guy: Considerably larger than any other rabbit in the series — in fact, he's roughly as tall as some of the bears that show up in the comic.
- Gentle Giant
- Happily Married: To Kell, of course. It helps that he discovered early on what annoys Kell when he first met her in the online chat room.
- Killer Rabbit: Though nowhere near as literal an example as his youngest child, Kevin has the pure strength—and lack of fear—to hold his own in defense of himself.
- The Maiden Name Debate: When they married, Kevin took Kell's last name. At the time, he was estranged from his family, and him marrying a wolf pretty much solidified that, though they have since come around. Kell also adopted Lindesfarne, and she took the name as well, even keeping the name after marrying Fenton.
- Righteous Rabbit
- Papa Wolf
Kell Dewclaw (Wolf)
Mother of the Dewclaw clan. Worked at Herd Thinners Inc, originally as a hunter, then running the company website, finally as an executive. After being removed from that position, she founded her own company
, Dewclaw's Fine Meats.
Lindesfarne Dewclaw (Hedgehog)
Adopted daughter from Kevin's first marriage. Mother of Turvy. Currently a research fellow and post-graduate student at Beige University.
- Badass Bookworm: Has Improbable Aiming Skills with her quills.
- Happily Adopted
- Happily Married: The young couple seems to be adapting to married life well.
- Humanity Ensues: Inverted Trope - she's a human that became a hedgehog when she was a baby.
- Mad Scientist: Albeit perfectly sane.
- Really Royalty Reveal: Eventually finds out she's a member of the British royal family, but switched her DNA with that of a homeless hedgehog girl named Chertsey so she could get a home and Lindesfarne could stay with the Dewclaws. Turns out Lindesfarne is the human world's version of Chertsey, meaning that while she is royalty, she's human royalty.
- The Maiden Name Debate: Kept her last name after marrying Fenton. The generally accepted hand-wave is that she was already a published researcher at that point. She did give Fenton's last name to Turvy, though. (It should also be noted she took Kell's last name, along with Kevin, when they got married, implying that Kell adopted her as her stepdaughter.)
- The Smart Girl
Rudy Dewclaw (Fox/Wolf)
Kell's son from her first marriage. Typical teenager. A twist of fate led him to receiving an athletic scholarship at Beige University for their Gardening
- Calling the Old Man Out: An early source of comedy for the strip was him challenging Kevin to be the alpha male of the family. He eventually accepted Kevin as his stepfather, especially once Randy's infidelity came to light.
- Cool Shades
- Hidden Depths: Finding out his talent in gardening, even surpassing Kevin, was as much a shock for him as it was others.
- He's also pretty resourceful with asking for help from his family. Perfect example: using one of the meat wagons from Kell's business to bring Carl home to his family from the hospital.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- "L" Is for "Dyslexia": Has "dystracksia", an in-world version of this. It eventually became a bonding moment opportunity with step-grandmother Dorothy, who also has it.
- Teens Are Short: Due to being half-fox, Rudy was never going to reach the size of a full-blooded wolf like Bruno. But he's stayed small even by the standards of the comic, not even reaching his mother's shoulder as of 2017, when he's a freshman in college at eighteen years old.
Coney Dewclaw (Rabbit/Wolf)
Kevin and Kell's daughter; both their second, their only one together. Firmly at the top of the food chain. Currently a student at Happy Little Predator Carnivore Preschool.