Characters appearing in Kandagawa Jet Girls.
Kandagawa Jet Girls
Jetter: Rin Namiki
Shooter: Misa Aoi
The team from the newly created Jet Racing club from Asakusa Girls' High School. It was created by Rin Namiki, who moved from the countryside to Asakusa in Tokyo to pursue her dream of becoming a racer like her late mother. Its other member is Misa Aoi, a more experienced racer who had quit the sport until she met Rin.
- Ambiguously Gay:
- Rin spends most of the first episode gushing over how "cute" all the girls she meets are. There is also her serious case of No Sense of Personal Space towards her female friends.
- Misa treats the sightseeing trip she takes Rin to in episode 3 as a date. She is very disappointed that Emily and Jennifer took Rin to all the places she wanted to while they were separated. Also, she wanted to have a matching keychain with Rin enough to start a Jet Race for it.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: Same-sex example. Misa is introduced as lone wolf trying to sort out her personal issues by herself, and thus wasn't prepared to deal with a person as friendly and optimistic as Rin. However, Rin's simple-minded optimism and energy slowly reach Misa and convince her to open herself to a friend.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: They wear some tight fitting wetsuits that emphasize their assets.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: While Misa is quiet and is often seen lost in thought, Rin is energetic, friendly, and couldn't be more open about her feelings. They complement each other well when racing: Rin's pure determination helps Misa cast aside her doubts. When Rin has to decide between two possible strategies in episode 4, Misa guides her with a cool-headed decision.
Voiced by: Yū Sasahara
- Character Tics: She often puts both of her hands on top of her breasts when she is feeling cheerful or thoughtful.
- Determinator: When it comes to her dream, she never gets down. After she decides to create a Jet Racing Club in her school, she seemingly spends every hour of her day trying to make it come true.
- The Ditz: Rin promised her father that she would go to the dorm as soon as she arrived in Tokyo. She forgot about the promise in seconds, as she got distracted by pretty much everything in Tokyo, including the girls living there. Later, when she sees a man running past her with a bag identical to hers, it takes her an embarrassingly long time to realize she had just been robbed.
- Family Eye Resemblance: Shares the same green eyes as her late mother.
- Genki Girl: She gets excited when moving to a "big city". She gets excited meeting new friends in her new school. She gets super excited when she is given the chance to compete in real Jet Racing, no matter the result. She just never seems to run out of energy.
- Graceful Loser: Because she loves Jet Racing so much, losing doesn't do anything to her, the experience is enough to make her happy. In fact, losing to Dress fills her with admiration for her new rivals. However, even she can feel bad about losing in certain cases, like when she lost to Hell's Kitchen in a race she started to defend Misa after the twins questioned her skills.
- Missing Mom: Her mother, Furuki, passed away some time prior to the start of the series.
- New Transfer Student: She transfers from an island near Nagasaki to a boarding school in Tokyo at the start of the series.
- Nice Girl: She considers everyone she is going to spend time with to be her new friends. She is nice to everyone in her dorm, school and club, and doesn't think badly of the girls she competes with.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She is quite prone to approaching her friends very closely, especially Misa. When Misa warns her that the bed where she just lay down was hers, Rin reacts by smelling her new roommate to compare with the smell of the bed.
- Oh, Crap!: When she realizes that using the boost function right before a turn was a bad idea.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She has two hair clips. One is a blue triangle and the other is shaped like a flower.
Voiced by: Riko Kohara
- Always Someone Better: When she was younger, Misa admired her older sister, Risa, who was a champion Shooter. However, when she was in middle school, she became disillusioned when she discovered that her skills were nowhere near the level of Risa's. She then intentionally chose to attend Asakusa Girls' High School as a way to quit Jet Racing since the school's Jet Racing club disbanded.
- Anger Born of Worry: After being separated from Rin in the middle of their sightseeing trip, she gets in a really bad mood.
- Character Tics: She has a tendency of grabbing a lock of her hair when she's nervous.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She gets annoyed when Emily and Jennifer took Rin on the sightseeing trip she was planning to take with her. She also absolutely refuses to let Jennifer have the dolphin-shaped keychain Rin bought, because it matched Rin's own keychain.
- Death Glare: After tripping the thief who tried to rob Rin, she does this, which scares him.
- Deuteragonist: After Rin, she gets the highest amount of focus in the series.
- Experienced Protagonist: Unlike Rin, she already has plenty of experience in real Jet Racing by the start of the series. Even the very successful team Dress wanted to compete with her.
- Multicolored Hair: Her hair is black, but has some purple strands at the front. A photo of her in middle school heavily implies it's dyed.
- No Social Skills: She used to see all the other racers as rivals, and never bothered getting close to any of them. Thanks to this single-minded determination to win alone, she didn't get to develop social skills, and it shows when she is interacting with Rin.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her long hair goes all the way to her hips.
Jetter: Kaguya Shijyuin
Shooter: Kuromaru Manpuku
A famous team from Musashino Girls' High School. Its members are Kaguya Shijyuin, the daughter of a prestigious family, and Kuromaru Manpuku, her personal maid. They are veterans who already won the Kandagawa Cup prior to the start of the series.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: Just like their rivals Rin and Misa, they wear some skintight wetsuits.
- Privileged Rival: They are introduced as Jet Racing veterans and the most promising team on the league, while the main characters don't even have a Jet Racing club at their school. They have a gym to train and a manager, while the main characters barely reached the minimum amount of people needed to start a club and only have an old and unused clubroom for themselves. That Kaguya comes from a rich family is just icing on top of the cake.
- Rapunzel Hair: Kaguya's hair reachs her butt, while Kuromaru's twintails reach her knees.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Kuromaru has magenta hair, while Kaguya has silver hair.
Voiced by: Azusa Tadokoro
- Alpha Bitch: Her introductory scene definitely gives off this vibe. She is surrounded by girls and looking down on Rin (literally and figuratively) as she offers to teach her how things work on Kandagawa, the not-so-subtle message being "this is our place, so get out". She is later established to be a rich girl too.
- Graceful Loser: After Rin and Misa win the Kandagawa Cup, Kaguya accepts defeat and vows to train in order to get stronger.
- Just Toying with Them: She refuses to use the boost function of her jet in matches where she is sure she can win without it. It's noted that she has only used it twice in official matches, but she also has never lost because of her refusal to use it. While she and Kuromaru defeat Rin and Misa in episode 2 without it, Kaguya is impressed that the two made her consider using the boost. This is doubly impressive because Rin didn't use her boost either, as she didn't know how.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She becomes this as the series goes on. When her uncle asks why she's into Jet Racing, she reveals that she does it so she can accomplish something on her own merits.
- Ojou: She is the heiress of an affluent family that is old enough to have split into branch families. She even has a maid following her around, and, as can be inferred from her first scene in the anime, a legion of fans from her school too. Her skills as a racer probably contributed to this as well.
- Ojou Ringlets: As expected of the daughter of a rich family, her hair is arranged in waist long drills.
- Purple Is Powerful: She has purple eyes and she wears a purple outfit, which is fitting for the ojou who is also the ace established to be one of the hardest foes the main characters will face.
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's common to see her surname being spelled Shinjūin through the internet, but according to the official site of the anime, it's meant to be spelled Shijyuin.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She wears a butterfly-shaped hairclip.
- Worthy Opponent: She considers Rin and Misa to be this, so much so that she vows to train after they win the Kandagawa Cup.
Voiced by: Aya Suzaki
- Big Beautiful Woman: Not only is she very tall, she also has a large chest and is noticeably chubbier than any of the other girls in the main cast. This doesn't mean she isn't targeted by the Male Gaze like the others are, however.
- Big Eater: She's constantly seen eating, which is why she's a big beautiful woman. Her manager tells her she needs to lose some weight.
- Expy: Of Manpukumaru Chang from Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni-. Besides the almost identical name, her character design is basically Manpukumaru with the silliness toned down. She also shares some personality traits (and a Verbal Tic) with her, but not as exaggerated to reflect the more realistic setting of this work.
- Statuesque Stunner: The tallest female at 178cm, and like most girls, she has some large Gag Boobs.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She uses yellow ribbons to tie her twintails, in both her casual clothes and her wetsuit.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She's often seen eating an extra-large onigiri.
- Verbal Tic: She ends most of her sentences with "Na No Da".
Jetter: Jennifer Peach
Shooter: Emily Orange
Jet: Cuisine 2
The team from the Japanese branch of California Coast High School. Its members are Jennifer Peach and Emily Orange. Jennifer and Emily are huge fans of samurais and ninjas, respectively, and joined the school because they thought they'd find those in Japan.
- Absolute Cleavage: They both wear shirts with exactly one button in use, which shows off their cleavage completely.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: They are Funny Foreigners to the core, but they are also excellent racers with a great reputation.
- Funny Foreigner: Their "obvious foreigners" antics, like their love for Japanese culture and the unnecessary politeness of their speech, are all played for comedy.
- Gorgeous Gaijin: They speak in Gratuitous English, are Occidental Otakus and are no less pretty than any of the Japanese girls.
- Graceful Loser: They were shocked they lost to Rin and Misa only for one second. They quickly switched back to acting like the four of them were best friends.
- Keigo: They use a slightly broken version when speaking Japanese. Like many western tourists, it makes them sound stilted and formal when trying to be conversational.
- Large Ham: These girls can be very loud and dramatic in their daily lives.
- Nice Girl: As quirky as they are, they are still very friendly, spending most of their (not-racing) screentime bringing Rin and Misa with them to have fun. They also keep their races in good nature.
- Occidental Otaku: They spent most of their screentime in episode 3 praising everything Japanese they can find. And since they are in Tokyo, this equals to pretty much every little thing around them. Their wetsuits are even customized to resemble traditional samurai/ninja outfits.
- Sideboob: Both of them display this in their wetsuits.
Voiced by: Lynn
Voiced by: Ai Fairouz
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Besides the blonde hair, her main physical trait that establishes her as a foreigner is her darker skin tone compared to the Japanese cast.
- Phenotype Stereotype: It's probably no coincidence that the American duo has the only blonde girl in the cast. Said girl also has bluish-green eyes and is taller than everyone in the main cast except for Kuromaru.
Jetter: Pan Ziyu
Shooter: Pan Dina
Jet: Les Soeurs SL
The team from CS Production School. Its members are Pan Ziyu and Pan Dina, twins who also work as cooking and sweets-themed idols.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Both wear headbands with animal ears. Rabbit ears for Ziyu, cat ears for Dina.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: When they are working as idols they are, as Rin describes, "cute and bubbly". In reality, they are arrogant and selfish, as shown when they pressure the association to allow them to use the Kandagawa by stealing someone else's timeslot. And then they rub it in the face of the two girls they upset (Rin and Misa) while also declaring their previous victory to be nothing but Beginner's Luck.
- Cleavage Window: The outfits they use while racing have a heart-shaped opening to show cleavage, which they don't really have.
- Fangirl: Of Rin's mother, who inspired them to be Jet Racers.
- Spell My Name with an "S": If you romanize their names, you'll get Pan Tsui and Pan Tina. However, according to the official site, the official spelling is Pan Ziyu and Pan Dina.
- Tag Team Twins: They are very coordinated while racing.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Ziyu uses ribbons to tie her hair, while Dina uses scrunchies.
- Token Mini-Moe: At 14 years old, they are the youngest girls in the main cast. They are also the only ones without a large chest in this World of Buxom.
- Twincest: These twins look way too close. Episode 4 shows them sitting in each other's lap in their underwear, while letting their hands roam each other's bodies. The following episode has a similar scene, with the two leaning on each other in their underwear and talking with their faces at kissing distance.
Voiced by: Rumi Ookubo
- Bunnies for Cuteness: She has a couple of bunny-themed items.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her hair is styled like this to emphasize her youth, cuteness, and the "innocent" aura they like to project to the public.
- Light Is Not Good: The audience sees Ziyu in her white racing suit for the first time (outside of the opening anyway) right after she and her sister demonstrate how selfish and haughty they are.
- Ojou Ringlets: Her pigtails are styled like this.
Voiced by: Naomi Ozora
Jetter: Manatsu Shiraishi
Shooter: Yuzu Midorikawa
The team from Shinjuku Takadanobaba Girls' School. Its members are the gyarus Manatsu Shiraishi and Yuzu Midorikawa.
- Bare Your Midriff: The clothes they wear when they are racing leave their bellies completely exposed.
- Birds of a Feather: They start to get along with the Unkai Surfers because of how similar they are in personalities.
- The Gadfly: Both enjoy teasing Misa while they're looking for the Nyu-Nyu underground.
- Gyaru Girl: They check all the traditional traits. They have loose socks, super short skirts, plenty of accessories and use lots of slang in their speech. Manatsu even has tanned skin.
- Proud Beauty: When Misa calls them "Baba girls' infamous lewd gyaru duo", they aren't bothered by the title. However, they are bothered that Misa tried to use it as an insult. Their sex appeal is something they are proud of.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Everything they are seen wearing in episode 6 leaves a significant amount of skin exposed. Having said that, while Manatsu is fine with showing off the body she is so proud of, she is very shy when it comes to actual sex. Even Double Entendres leaves her flustered.
- Stripperiffic: Their clothes are much skimpier than the rest of the cast. This is likely part of their gyaru fashion.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: They put flowers in their hairs when racing. Manatsu has a big red one, while Yuzu has three purple smaller ones.
Voiced by: Chika Anzai
Voiced by: Kaori Maeda
Suiryukai (Sea Serpents)
Jetter: Fuka Tamaki
Shooter: Inori Misuda
Jet: Messie The Hunter
The team from Hijiribashi University Affiliated High School. Its members are Fuka Tamaki and Inori Misuda.
- Break-Up/Make-Up Scenario: Their entire arc in the game is Fuka suddenly switching to her delinquent persona outside of jet races, causing no shortage of issues when she acts rude, mean, and brash to their friends and rival racers. Inori attempts to "cure" this and Fuka almost breaks up with her, until with the intervention of the river gods and their friends, they learn they just need to accept it as another part of her. A Love Confession and Relationship Upgrade follows shortly after.
- Flower Motifs: White Japanese Lilies, to represent their delicate and ladylike upbringing and personalities (outside of races, at least) and in the game, their eventual romantic relationship.
- Green Rooming: Despite debuting in the first episode like all the other pairs, Inori and Fuka don't reappear until episodes 8 and 9, respectively.
- Last-Name Basis: Despite their closeness, they refer to each other by their last names with the polite Japanese honorific "-san".
- Meditating Under a Waterfall: They do this before a big race. They convince Misa to join them as well.
- Miko: They are shrine maidens when are not racing.
- Official Couple: In the game, they confess their love to each other by Chapter 7. If that didn't make the nature of their relationship clear enough, their ending card has them lovingly gaze at each other's eyes while surrounded by Japanese white lilies, a classic symbol of lesbian relationships.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Outside of races, they're both quite calm, but during races, it's clear Fuka is the Tomboy to Inori's Girly Girl.
Voiced by: Ayaka Asai
- Bokukko: Part of her personality change is the use of this.
- Competition Freak: She takes victory in jet racing very seriously.
- Friendless Background: She was a lonely girl with no friends up until she met Inori and the two of them became friends and jet racing partners.
- Hot-Blooded: She turns into the picture of a Japanese delinquent once she's on the water, swearing, insulting people, and generally being very brash and rude.
- Large Ham: As soon as the race starts and one Grin of Audacity later, she becomes incredibly loud and aggressive while driving.
- Mood-Swinger: She may act like a Yamato Nadeshiko outside of races, but as soon as they start, she turns into a Hot-Blooded Competition Freak even her own partner can't control. Rin and Misa lampshade the personality shift. It becomes the key conflict of their arc in the game, where both of them learn to accept this part of Tamaki as just another side of her than something to be "cured".
- Rapunzel Hair: Even when tied in a ponytail, her hair still reaches her waist.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She uses a white ribbon to tie her ponytail.
Voiced by: Aya Uchida
- Gatling Good: Uses a gatling water gun as the Shooter.
- Older Than She Looks: In spite of being shorter than Fuka, she is the older of the two, being 17 years old while her partner is 16. In fact, she is older than, or just as old as, every other girl in the main cast except for the Dress duo.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: She has one big red ribbon in the back of her head.