open/close all folders
This is a partial character sheet for Kamen Rider Ghost. Visit here for the main character index. Subjective trope and audience reactions should go on the YMMV page.
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
15 souls of great people throughout history.
- Evil Counterpart: Inverted, they were chosen as guardian of humanity as countermeasure against Gammaizer who are guardian of Gamma.
- HeelFace Turn: Some of them weren't very... morally upright people during their times and yet they willingly give their aid to Takeru in his battle against the Gamma.
- That stated, Musashi warns Takeru that not all the fifteen will be as willing to assist him as both would like.
- Historical Domain Characters: All of them are. Though some are a bit iffy on whether in Real Life they existed.
- Robin Hood is a bit iffy since some historians argue whether he existed or he was actually a collective identity composite of deeds of multiple people. In-Universe, Robin Hood did exist.
- Himiko is recorded in Chinese and Korean historical records as the queen of the Yamatai Kingdom of ancient Japan, but Japanese historical records have no one that comes close to corresponding to her exactly. Japanese historians and archaeologists aren't even sure if Yamatai existed and if it did where it was in Japan.
- A different issue concerns Sanzo, who is known in China as Xuanzang and was certainly a real person, but Sanzo Damashii's powers stem from the fictionalized depiction of Xuanzang in the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West.
- Plot Coupon That Does Something: Collecting all 15 of them and having an appropriate Driver grants you one wish. After wishing, all 15 scatter and can be collected again. Individually, they allow a rider to access the abilities and powers of the person.
- Sentient Phlebotinum: Thus why they're on this page. They have sapience of their own and have even aided Takeru of their own accord. Justified since they all used to be human before they were Ghost Eyecons.
- Spirit Advisor: Rather literal. However they do give Takeru and Makoto advice on occasion, and throughout the series are tied to people that share attributes with them. In the beginning, this was a plot point as Takeru needed a person that idolized a luminary to be able to summon them. And during the "Connection" arc, they impart lessons for Takeru to take to heart.
- Musashi: Trust in your allies and believe in them when they do something, but if they need help, give it.
- Edison: Anything worth doing isn't likely to be easy, but don't give in when things grow difficult.
- Robin: People define what's right differently, and it's wrong to force your ideals on them, despite your beliefs.
- Benkei: Never forget you have loved ones that care about you. Don't ignore their advice, or concerns as you push forward.
- Newton & Himiko: Those that are different might fight or disagree, but they can come together when it counts, and are stronger for it.
- Goemon: If there's something that needs to be done, don't overthink it, just do it. Listen to your heart.
- Houdini: Instead of holding onto regrets, live the life you have, while you have it.
First Appearance: Awaken! Self!
Swords Swinging! Blades Ringing! It's the master swordsman!note
- Big Damn Heroes: Leads Takeru's other Parka Ghosts to aid Takeru against a Gundari.
- As the series progresses, he does this often.
- Dual Wielding: His Gan Gun Saber mode.
- Finishing Move: Omega Slash
- Glass Cannon: Musashi gives the wielder improved physical stats, speed, and great close range abilities, but has no defense, is terrible and long range, and is weak to electrical attacks.
- Red Is Heroic
- Spirit Advisor: Takeru's. In fact he was the one that summoned Musashi, due to his idolization of his warrior's spirit. Now, understanding that is it any surprise that whenever Takeru's in trouble, Musashi is typically the first hero on scene to help?
- In #46, he even appeared in his human form to assist Takeru in dealing with his doubts.
- The Power of Friendship: Believes in this. Takeru having faith in Makoto and aiding him when needed is what ultimately drives Musashi to connect his soul to the young Rider.
First Appearance: Electric Shock! Invention King!
Electrical Inspiration, The King of Inventionnote
- Awesome by Analysis: Edison's intelligence passes onto those wearing his Parka as this. Takeru got the idea to use the Gan Gun Saber's gun mode when the light bulb on his mask got charged.
- Awesome Ego: Most of his smack talk during battle amounts to "I'm Edison and you're not."
- Cool Guns: His Gan Gun Saber or Gan Gun Hand mode.
- Elemental Absorption: He can absorb electricity and use it in his Omega Shoot, as the Denki Gamma found out, the hard way.
- Finishing Move: Omega Shoot
- Funny Foreigner: For some reason, most of the Eyecons aren't from Japan, but only this guy gets the KyoryuCyan accent.
- Gratuitous English: He seems to have a habit of saying "I'M EDISON!"...
- Lightning Gun: Prefers to use his weapons in gun modes to shoot out electricity.
- Magic Knight: As his parameters did not decrease as much and is equipped with a weapon, he is a better overall fighter compared to the other Squishy Wizard Beethoven.
- Shock and Awe: Given that he is the inventor of many electrical devices, light bulb included, this is to be expected.
- Squishy Wizard: He is physically weaker than Ore Daimashii all around, but makes up with his powerful Lightning Gun.
First Appearance: Bullseye! Bow and Arrow of Justice!
Hello Arrow! Into the Woods we go!note
- Archer Archetype: His Gan Gun Saber mode, when combined with the Condor Telephone.
- Doppelgänger Attack: Channelling the spirits of the Merry Men, Robin's Omega Drive lets him do this.
- Energy Bow: The Gan Gun Saber in Arrow Mode fires energy arrows drawn by this.
- Finishing Move: Omega Strike
- Fragile Speedster/Jack-of-All-Stats: Robin Damashii has increased parameters and boosts more balance and speed for Ghost, but it doesnt have the raw strength of Musashi or Newton, and if its arrows or Omega Attacks fail to make an impact, Ghost has no other defense to rely on.
- Friendly Sniper: Robin's main power. His shots are precise, and can pierce through targets, more so than Edison's stronger shots and Billy's rapid ones.
- Green and Mean: While certainly not mean, his Parka is a dazzling emerald green.
- Grey and Gray Morality: Aware or this. He warned Takeru that the justice isn't the same thing for everyone.
Apple Falls From Tree! It's Down to Gravity!note
- Blue Is Heroic
- Artistic License History: To contrast with Himiko, they clash because he's a scientist and she's tied with mysticism. In Real Life, however, Sir Issac Newton was religious. Although it could just be because Himiko practiced Japanese Mysticism, which could be seen as paganism in Western countries.
- Gravity Master: Newton's power. Referencing his law of equivalent motion and law of universal gravitation, a Rider wearing his Parka can either attract objects with their left hand or repel them with their right.
- Mighty Glacier: Curiously, going by Ability Perimeters alone, Newton Damashii has higher punching and kicking power compared to Ore Damashii, but he cannot jump as high or run as fast.
- Power Fist: The Gravity Orbs.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Himiko, due to him being a man of science and her being a woman of spiritualism. In episode 19, they set aside their differences to help Takeru beat Igor.
- Up to Eleven: His Omega Drive will, well, overdrive his Gravity Master powers.
First Appearance: Fast Shooting! Legendary Gunman!
Every Bullet Hits its Mark! Gunpowder Flash and Spark!note
- Finishing Move: Omega Impact
- Fragile Speedster: Billy The Kid Damashii speed increases even further than Robin Damashii, but his individuals shots do not do much damage and while doing rapid fire, Ghost must dodge and maneuver to compensate for its low defense and weight.
- Guns Akimbo: Wouldn't be the Kid otherwise.
- The Gunslinger: He can either dual wield the Gan Gun Saber and Bat Clock in their Gun Modes or combine them into the former's Rifle Mode, the latter of which is exclusively his.
- More Dakka: Billy's main power. He's about as accurate as Robin, but can fire off MANY more shots. Best used either against multiple foes or to overwhelm a single one.
- Nice Hat: The Parka Ghost's hood is stylist into a hat and named Quick Draw Hat.
First Appearance: Destiny! Reviving Melody!
Symphony! Destiny! DA-DA-DA-DUN!note
- Double Meaning: His Driver's voice on "Destiny" can either mean his work with the same name or refer to his Screw Destiny.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Beethoven's power. He can create musical notes that he either attacks or defends with.
- Screw Destiny: He lost his hearing, and still became one of the best composers and pianists that the world's ever seen. Pointing that out was how a musician snapped out of Dead Artists Are Better mindset.
- Squishy Wizard: Like Edison, he has inferior Ability Parameters in comparison to Ore Daimashii making him rely on his magic music.
- The Unfavorite: Music-based forms in toku are rarely used. As such, Beethoven is Ghost's least used form, having appeared less than every other Damashii thus far.
- It's also a form whose attacks are conveyed entirely via CG, which costs money, dear boy.
First Appearance: Imposing! A Man of Loyalty!
Intimidating Sworn Brother! Tougher Than Any Other!note
- The Big Guy: Benkei's main power. He's Ghost's strongest Damashii, allowing him to withstand any foe's hits.
- Drop the Hammer: His Gan Gun Saber mode, when combined with the Spider Lantern.
- Finishing Move: Omega Bomber
- Mighty Glacier: Has the most sheer strength of any of Takeru's base eyecons. To note: the official stats list Benkei as having already had stronger punching force than Toucon Boost! Boost Benkei dwarfs the punching power of the other Toucon Boost exclusive forms. But on the flip side, using this form handicaps Kamen Rider Ghost's agility.
- Storm of Blades: His Omega Bomber can summon weapons Benkei used in real life and shoot it to his enemy.
- Undying Loyalty: A literal example. Even his Driver call mentions both it and his friend for whom he made his Last Stand.
First Appearance: Daring! A Free Man!
The Kabuki of Awe! Breaking The Law!note
- Glass Cannon: Out of the three Toucan Boost Damashiis, Goemon improves Ghosts speed and attack strength. Its the strongest of the Toucan Boost forms, but lacks defensive power and range.
- Large Ham: Possibly a bigger one than Onari.
- Reverse Grip: How he holds the Sunglassslasher in Sword Mode.
First Appearance: Superb View! The Earths Dawn!
Awaken, Japan! A New Day at Hand!note
- Blue Is Heroic: Moreso than Newton; he even exhibits some Chronic Hero Syndrome when left on his own.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: He even does this together with Takeru as Ghost while destroying the Gamma World portals.
Ryoma: (together with Takeru): Our lives shall burn bright!
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Ryoma Damashii is the most balanced of the three Toucan Boost forms as Ghost abilities improve overall and he can use either Ryomas duel tactics of close combat or long ranger with the Sunglasslasher.
- Meaningful Name: His Persona is called the Persona Dreamer. What has he done in his real life and in-series? See below.
- Nice Guy: Ryoma enjoys helping others realize their dreams, as that's what he fought for while he was alive. It's fighting for someone else's that drives him to connect his soul to Takeru's.
- Samurai: Ryoma grants his skills in both swordplay and gunplay to those wearing his Parka.
- Verbal Tic: "Ze yo".
First Appearance: Gorgeous! The Fantastic Queen!
Future Seeing Eye! The Queen From Yamatai!note
- Lady of War: A queen, but not afraid to be in the midst of battle. Further she has extremely graceful movements, as well as great mystical power.
- Larynx Dissonance: In her Eyecon / Ghost Parka form
- Magical Girl Warrior: A fire commanding, sword wielding priestess. That's got to count.
- To wit: She's able to break enemy enchantments, overtake them, and redirect them back onto opponents. Also, her Omega Drive traps the foe in a dimension made of her power before she channels it into several burning slashes.
- Playing with Fire: Himiko's main power comes from her ability to manipulate fire due to her abilities as a priestess. Seeing as how Toucon Boost's element IS fire well, you can see where we're going with this.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Himiko's Parka appears elegant and her Persona is a pair of sakura petals for it's eyes. However, don't underestimate her, as she's among the fifteen for a GOOD reason.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Newton, due to her being a woman of spiritualism, and him being a man of science. In episode 19, they set aside their differences to help Takeru beat Igor.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only female among the fifteen. Her Parka color? Pink, of course.
- Squishy Wizard: Himiko gives Ghost an insane amount of diverse offensive functions, although its physical parameters are the weakest of the three Toucan Boost forms.
First Appearance: Shock! Mystery Kamen Rider!
Triangular Pyramids! Do As the Pharaoh Bids!note
- Big Damn Heroes: Helps to rescue Makoto, along with Nobunaga, and Houdini.
- Finishing Move: Omega Fang
- Fragile Speedster: Tutankhamun has low body armor and strength, which requires Specter to use the Gan Gun Hand to mitigate that. However, with the Gan Gun Hand in Sickle Mode, and combined with his faster speed, he can attack his opponents with rapid fast attacks.
- Kid Hero: Compared to the other Heroic Eyecons he died very young at about 19 years old. When we finally hear him speak in episode 25 he sounds notably younger than any other Heroic Ghost heard before him.
- Pyramid Power: His Omega Fang summons the Pyramid that can warp any poor victims who get hit into Pocket Dimension of dead and kills them.
- Also seems to be his main power, as in #32 he manages to reverse the Time Ganmizer's power with his arcane magic.
- Artistic License History: While forever symbolic of Egypt, pyramids, especially as burial sites for pharaohs, had been obsolete for centuries by Tutankhamun's time, being easy targets for tomb robbers. Furthermore, Tut is represented in a man of his prime, despite having died as a sickly teen, and he never really accomplished much in his nine-year reign (The restoration of the old pantheon following the Aten cult is arguable). One could argue that Tut is more of a representation of ancient Egypt as a whole instead of simply the short-lived Pharaoh himself.
- Sinister Scythe: His Gan Gun Hand mode, when combined with the Cobra Cellular.
First Appearance: Shock! Mystery Kamen Rider!
My Conquering Drama! Victory at Okehazama!note
- Big Damn Heroes: Helps to rescue Makoto, along with Tutankhamen and Houdini.
- Cool Rifle: His Gan Gun Hand mode.
- Finishing Move: Omega Spark
- Glass Cannon: Nobunaga grants Specter increased battle knowledge, stronger punching power, and stronger shots with the Gan Gun Hand, but weaker defenses and speed
- Purple Is Powerful: Royal purple, to be precise.
- More Dakka: His Omega Spark, which summons transparent Gan Gun Hands in Gun mode to shoot alongside him.
- The Smart Guy: Nobunaga's main power. As a renowned tactician he revolutionized rifle tactics in his life, and carries over both his skills there as well as his battle knowledge with anyone wearing his Parka.
First Appearance: Anguish! The Stubborn Escape King!
Any Trick you Envision! The Master Magician!note
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Doesn't believe in the supernatural, in spite the fact that Takeru and himself are ghosts, and he just possessed someone while proclaiming this. Justified since the real Houdini was known to bust supernatural Hoaxes.
- Big Damn Heroes: Helps to rescue Makoto, along with Nobunaga, and Tutankhamen. When Takeru nearly get killed in Gamma world, it's Nobunaga who came out of the Eyecon Driver and fight against Gammanizer.
- Blue Is Heroic: A deep navy blue, in fact.
- Chained by Fashion: Not only in his design, but his Omega Drive chains up the foe so Specter can finish it off with a drill kick.
- Escape Artist: The one and only! Also one of his abilities, as Specter can vanish from any confinement in a flourish of confetti.
- Flight: His other ability is transforming the Machine Hoodie into the Flight Unit, which can become either a sort of gyro-pack or a gyro platform depending on how Specter's using it at the time.
- Lightning Bruiser: Out of the 15 Damashii, Houdini is a master of all trades. With either Ghost or Specter, the user can fly and use magic tricks to elude and evade, the armor gives him powerful defense and weight, and is second only to Toucan Boost and Benkei in power before the Mid Season Upgrades
First Appearance: Perfect! The White Kamen Rider!
Fighting Pen! (While under Necrom's control)
- Big Damn Heroes: In #26, they stop Igor from killing Alain before lending him their power so he could continue fighting.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In their first appearance, Necrom is shown placing them under his control.
- Combat Tentacles: The G Pen on the Parka's shoulders are attacked to wires, which can be used as tentacles.
- Knife Nut: The G Pen on the Parka's shoulders can be held in hand as a pair of knives. Takes the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword" to an entirely new meaning.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue-eyed Jacob is the more serious and sane blue to the orange-eyed Wilhelm's fantastic and delusional red. Also goes into Straight Man and Wise Guy territory where Wilhelm is the Wise Guy to Jacob's Straight Man.
- Squishy Wizard/Glass Cannon: Grimm has increased punching power and can use its pens as tentacles, but is weakened in every other category.
- Visual Pun: The Parka's lapels are book pages, and both it's shoulders/weapons are pens. Now think back on why the brothers Grimm are famous.
- Another is that the shoulders proper are ink wells. Where would you put an old-fashioned pen when you weren't using it?
First Appearance: Reverse! Mysterious Science!
Road to the West! (While under Necrom's control)
- Brainwashed and Crazy: As with Grimm, Sanzo is forced to obey Necrom. At least until Alain lost the ability to force them.
- Cool Crown
- Enemy Summoner: Heroic variant, except for while he's under Necrom's control initially. One of the form's powers include summoning spectral versions of Sanzo's three disciples, either as a distraction or for a combination attack.
- Gold and White Are Divine: Indeed.
- Mighty Glacier: Sanzo grants Necrom more strength and defense, has a weapon for long range, but becomes much slower. However, through Alains Took a Level in Badass, he can now summon Wukong, Bajie and Wujing at will to fight with him
- Rings of Death: The giant ring that is attached to Sanzo can be removed to be used as a weapon.
MiscellaneousOther historical people.
First Appearance: Kamen Rider Ghost Ikkyu Eyecon Contention Quick Wit Battle
Semaru Pinch! Saeru tonchi!
- Homage: The pose that Ikkyu damashi makes is similar to the one that Ikkyu, from the anime Ikkyu-san which was made by Toei Animation, makes when he tries to think of a plan.
Jingle Bell! Hoshi furu! Seinaru yoru!
Hawaii waiwai! Osametai!
First Appearance: Kamen Rider Ghost Ikkyu Intimacy Awaken My Quick Wit Power
Sankaku no teiri! Ore no ui tori!
- Symbol Motif Clothing: Triangles.
Tentai shiritai! Hoshi-ippai!
- Nice Hat: Has one that represent Saturn and it's rings.
Hakui no tenshi! Sukū wa heishi!
- Dressed to Heal: Invokes this with the white parka and stethoscope image on the faceplate.
- Expy: Of the Medic Roidmude. Even their powers are similar.
- Heart Symbol: On Nightingale's parka lapels.
Saikô kai! Dai Kôkai!
Giron! Ketsuron! Shinka-ron!
Okose Kakumei! Sore ga shukumei!
Kitto! Romeo to Juliet!
Legend RidersEyecons of previous Riders.
Keikan! Seigi-kan! Tire Koukan!
- Red Is Heroic: As red and heroic as Drive.
- Sword and Gun: This form gives the user both the Handle Sword and the Door Gun, which are used in unison.
Futari de Hitori! Gaia Memory!
- Scarf Of Asskicking: This form gives the user the Windy Stabilizer.
Orange! Banana! Sonna Bakana!
- Katanas Are Just Better: This form gives the user the Daidaimaru.
Switch Oshita! Uchū Kitā!
- Rocket-Powered Weapon: This form gives the user the ability to equip the Rocket Module.
- This Is a Drill: This form gives the user the ability to equip the Drill Module.
Medal Ubatta! Taka, Tora, Batta!
- Cool Sword: This form gives access to the Medajalibur.
Yubiwa no Mahō! Saigo no Kibō!
45 Heisei Riders
Aratana Kōsei! Kore wa Heisei!
- All Your Powers Combined: Combines the power of all Heisei Riders up to Drive.
Aibō wa Bike! Hissatsu wa Kick!
- Scarf Of Asskicking: This form gives the user Kamen Rider 1's red scarf
The Great Eye
Voiced by: Yui Fujimaki
- Back from the Dead: Is quite capable of doing this and does to resurrect Kanon.
- Benevolent Genie: If you've got a functioning Ghost Driver at least. It even takes you to a dimension to make your wish and prevents outside interference before returning you safely. And grants Takeru's wish to revive Kanon without any catch.
- When Takeru chooses to revive those killed by the Great Eyezer instead of reviving himself like he promised Akari, the Great Eye grants his wish but before it leaves, it revives Takeru after being impressed by his selfless actions.
- But Now I Must Go: After granting Takeru's wish to restore those erased by the Great Eyezer, the Great Eye disappear into outer space.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: Trying to make a wish on it without a functioning Ghost Driver won't end well. Just ask Saionji. The Gundari that tried to interfere with Takeru's wish ended up getting sent flying with no effort.
- Eldritch Abomination: The thing is a massive golden rune with an eye at its center and has the power to grant any wish.
- Make a Wish: Is summoned when all 15 Heroic Eyecons are gathered and invoked before the Monolith.
Voiced by: Takaya Hashi
Portrayed by: Ryo Ogawa
- Big Bad: Seems to be the main villain of the Rider Eyecon specials. Or so it seems. He was actually working with Freya to get the Legend Rider Eyecons to stop Xibalba.
- Cross-Cast Role: He is portrayed by the same actress who portrays Freya.
- Expy: of the Overlord of Darkness from Kamen Rider Agito.
- Good All Along: Only summoned past villains and stole the riders' Heroic Eyecons to prepare them to fight Xibalba.
- Legion of Doom: Is capable of commanding and summoning past villains from previous series.
Portrayed by: Ryo Ogawa