open/close all folders
- Big Eater: If they're not working, they're usually grabbing a meal together somewhere. Between Leon and Queenie's expanded appetite thanks to the Hyper Drive, Cain's obsession with spices and cooking hobby, and even Gren and Chloe snacking on occasion, they eat a lot.
- Dark and Troubled Past: All of them have one of this to a degree or the other. Queenie and Doug have it worst though.
- Five-Man Band: They have elements of other tropes.
- Leon technically is the The Leader, but he's also The Smart Guy.
- Doug and Quinny alternate as The Lancer on the front line, but Jay acts as this on the office.
- Chloe may be the The Chick, but she also serves as Team Mom.
- Cain and Gren are both the Team Normal, but while Cain is the Team Dad, Gren tends to be The Big Guy as well.
- Jay and Cecile are both the Big Good.
- Mission Control: Jay, Cecile and the four girls serve as this.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Before the Neo Xianglong Crisis, they couldn't come from any more different backgrounds and abilities, yet that's what makes them so efficient.
- True Companions: While at first their teamwork was severely lacking, eventually they grow close enough to consider each other family.
- Alliterative Name: Leon Lau.
- Big Eater: After using the Hyper Drive he develops a large appetite.
- Blind Without Them: He can't see without his glasses.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Only he would've come up with using the Infinity Cannon to power up his Hyper Drive, allowing him, Quinny and Doug to defeat Gold and Chilopoda.
- Ditzy Genius: A very brilliant man who needs his sister to remind him to get dressed and not eat while at work.
- The Exile: Voluntarily exiled himself from Neo Xianglong to find a way to defeat the B.R.A.I.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: With his general carelessness outside of intellectual matters, is obvious he's the foolish to Chloe's responsible.
- Geek Physique: When he and Jay are forced to run down a flight of stairs, while Jay is tired, Leon can barely stand.
- Multicolored Hair: The back of his hair is blond, but the front is red.
- My Greatest Failure: Letting the hubris of the Hyperdrive reactor investigation create the B.R.A.I. is this for him.
- No Sense of Direction: He seems to get lost rather easily thanks to constantly spacing out.
- No Social Skills: Before he met Chloe his interactions with other people were, poor, to say the least.
- Not Blood Siblings: He actually offered Chloe to become his sister as a way for atonement.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: When Quinny is disguised as Cecile's double, he first mentions their busts don't match, and later asks her her weight. It goes about as well as expected.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He loves Mahua.
- Big Brother Attraction: Quinny teases her that she feels attracted to her adoptive brother.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Pink hair with dark pink eyes.
- Everyone's Baby Sister: Not only she's Leon's adopted sister, Quinny and Kain like to dote on her, and she gets along with Doug and Glenn just fine.
- Expressive Accessory: Her armadillo hair clip occasionally emotes alongside Chloe.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: She's the responsible one to Leo's foolish, even if he's technically smarter than her.
- Not Blood Siblings: She and Leon aren't actually related.
- The Reveal: Her original name is Chloe Wu, the younger sister of Long Wu, Leon's mentor and superior.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Has pink hair and most of the time she's nice and hardworking.
- Token Mini-Moe: Being the youngest and smallest member of Team Pandora.
- A-Cup Angst: While certainly not flat, she doesn't like when Doug points out she had to pad her bra to act as Cecil's body double.
- Adorkable: Post-Defrost, her interactions with anyone seem odd and dorky, to say the least. Getting flustered towards anything: from Sweet food to her interactions towards Leon and his Foster Sister.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: A practitioner of the Sky God Fist style, which allows her to control the flow of her ki.
- Blade on a Stick: Her M.O.E.V. wields one.
- Character Tics: Has a tendency of grabbing a lock of her hair when nervous.
- Cuteness Proximity: She may try to hide it, but she has a weakness for cute things.
- Combat Stilettos: Her boots have a noticeable heel and can kick ass just fine.
- And when acting as Cecil's Body Double, she fights Fong in platform sandals.
- Cool Big Sis: Takes this role towards Chloe.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her parents were murdered by robbers, and even though she beat the criminal to a pulp, it was already too late.
- Much later her master and fellow students were murdered by Won, who only spared her because he thought she had potential to improve his skills.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: When she finally joins Team Pandora, she shows a much larger variety of emotions.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: After being given a Hyper Drive of her own, her M.O.E.V. can now transform just like Leon's.
- Multicolored Hair: Her hair is silver but the tips are blue.
- Rapunzel Hair: Goes past her waist.
- Sweet Tooth: Develops strong carving for sweets after using her Hyper Drive.
- Cuteness Overload: Overusing his Hyper Drive gives him a strong desire to cuddle, especially his cat.
- Friendly Sniper: He's the team sniper and generally friendly and laid-back.
- Good All Along: Despite acting as if he had turned traitor in episodes 8-9, he turns out to have hunting for a chameleon B.R.A.I. all along.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: In Season 2 Episode 11, he reveals himself to be alive after seemingly dying when the orbital cannon exploded, and turns against Pandora to side with the AI based on Emilia Vallis' personality after she protects him from the blast. However, he eventually comes to his senses and destroys her.
- In Love with the Mark: He was originally supposed to kill Emilia Vallis, but he ended up falling in love with her instead.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: Always accompanied by his cat Emilia.
- Loophole Abuse: He was only paid to shoot Cecile, but no one said he had to actually kill her
- Mid-Season Upgrade: In episode 9 he receives a Hyper Drive of his own, so his M.O.E.V. can also transform.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is green with some orange on the back.
- The Nicknamer: Usually refers to his teammates with nicknames. Leon is 'Mr. Scholar', Chloe is 'little sister' and Glen is 'Boy' or 'Delinquent'.
- Not Quite Dead: While apparently killed destroying Emilia's B.R.A.I. form, he was saved by the AI.
- Only in It for the Money: At first he simply worked on Team Pandora for payment, although he genuinely grows to like his teammates.
- Red Baron: He was known as the Tiger's Eye during his mercenary days.
- Stepford Smiler: Beneath his laid-back demeanor, Cain suspects he hides some serious personal demons.
- Taking You with Me: He destroys the B.R.A.I satellite and the mech which held Emilia's consciousness as it falls to Earth at the cost of his own life. Later it turns out he survived.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: His synchronization of with the Dark Drive-bearing mech containing Emilia's consciousness enables the Gleaming Darkness to begin to manifest.
Cain Ibrahim Hassan
Voiced by: Unshou Ishizuka (Japanese), Tessho Genda (Japanese, final episode) Beau Billingslea (English)
- BFS: Wields an impressive one.
- Cool Old Guy: The oldest member of the team, and a fairly cool and reasonable guy.
- Dented Iron: His old injuries have taken a toll on his capabilities as a fighter.
- Friend to All Children: He's surprisingly good with children.
- Hidden Depths: He has actually married and divorced three times.
- Retired Badass: He was a mercenary prior to a sniper shooting him in the abdomen, forcing him to quit that way of living.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a few scars on his face and head, reflecting his age and experience.
- Team Dad: Looks after the rest of the team with fatherly concern.
Voiced by: Yuuma Uchida (Japanese), Ben Pronsky (English)
- Badass Normal: Even without a Hyper Drive, he still risks his life to kill a B.R.A.I. bee that almost destroys Neo Xianglong.
- Battle Cry: He usually yells "For Neo Xianglong!" right before he starts shooting.
- Butt-Monkey: The rest of the team doesn't have much respect for him, gets constantly injured or surpassed when facing B.R.A.I., and is constantly called either Boy or Bully by his team.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: A few drinks are enough to get him completely hammered.
- Insistent Terminology: It's Captain, not Delinquent or Boy.
- It's All My Fault: He actually blames himself for indirectly causing his family's death by convincing them to work at the Hyper Drive reactor.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He was rather hostile to Leon at first, but after seeing his skills are not just luck, he asks to be transferred to Team Pandora.
- Team Normal: Doesn't have any special abilities and he's incompatible with the Hyperdrive, so he's this by default.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: What he basically becomes with Doug.
- Ambiguously Human: Her talk with Fiona in episode 12 implies she's more than human. It's eventually revealed they're descended from a clan of Taoist practitioners capable of sensing and interfacing with Chaos.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Doesn't like being referred to by her first name, instead she prefers being called "Princess".
- Dragon Lady: Although she only gives that impression, with her style and the dragon-claw adornments on her hands.
- Hime Cut: Whenever it's not in a ponytail, it's easy to notice she has this style.
- Male Gaze: The Cleavage Window of her outfit is occasionally given focus.
- Nerves of Steel: She only loses her cool when Gold has defeated Pandora, and intends to use the powered up Chilopoda to destroy the city.
- Nice Shoes: Wears a pair of high-heeled sandals.
- Rapunzel Hair: When she lets it loose, it goes past her waist.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She's far more understanding about Team Pandora's antics than Jay.
- Sexy Priest: She is a skilled Taoism practitioner descended from a long line of people capable of interfacing with the quantum realm of the multidimension. Her massive bust is one of her defining characteristics in her civilian garb.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She doesn't mind walking out of the shower completely naked in front of Jay.
- Sibling Team: With Fiona. She deals with the political affairs while Fiona keeps an eye on the quantum side of things. When Chaos gets out of hand — when Gold attacks Neo Xianglong with the centepede B.R.A.I., and when the Gleaming Darkness manifests - they are forced to use the Ritual of the Flowing World together in order to suppress it.
- Everyone Went to School Together: He was actually Leon's schoolmate, but Leon never noticed him, nor the fact that he was superior to Jay without even trying.
- Hidden Depths: He's an excellent cook.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is black, but a stripe is red.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: When Cecil walks out of the shower completely naked, he nonchalantly keeps informing her of the situation.
- Not So Above It All: Despite his stern attitude he occasionally flashes small smiles at Leon's scatterbrained antics while his back is turned; and in the penultimate episode he makes a pinkie promise gesture at Chloe's Family Contract promise despite spending the series scolding her about it and insisting the Pandora Team isn't a family, and in the final episode is shown to have memorized them himself.
- Number Two: He's Cecil's main advisor, and has served her since they were children.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: He occasionally acts as one in his desire to follow proper channels.
- Supreme Chef: He's such a good cook Leon qualifies his plate with a 20/10.
- Tsundere: Funnily enough he turns out to be this after patching things up with Leon, being generally stoic and professional, even in more relaxed situations.
- Undying Loyalty: Has served as Cecil's retainer since both were children.
Mr. Gold's group
- Arch-Enemy: Sees Cecile as his. He even orders the assault of the bee B.R.A.I. to target the city's water supply so the people of Neo Xianglong suffer an agonizing death by overheating, all in order to make Cecile suffer.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Despite being the main antagonist for the first 15 episodes, he ends up being killed by Team Pandora with a new power up before he can achieve his dream.
- Evil Is Hammy: He's normally rather calm, but when especially emotional or angry, he raises the ham quite a bit. Considering who voices him, it's no surprise.
- The Faceless: While we have seen his face in flashbacks, his current appearance beneath the helmet is unknown.
- Feuding Families: His hatred towards Cecil comes from the fact that his family, the Kin clan, was forced into servitude by the Soo clan thousands of years prior.
- Hidden Villain: It's only until episode 6 that Team Pandora begins noticing his presence.
- Lack of Empathy: He doesn't care how many thousands of people die and suffer if it means getting back at Cecile.
- The Man Behind the Monsters: He's the one who has been sending B.R.A.I. equipped with Dark Drive to attack Neo Xianglong.
- That Man Is Dead: When Cecile confronts him, he yells he's no longer David Kin, that only Mr. Gold remains
- Tin Tyrant: While not an overlord, he's characterized by his golden armor.
- The Chessmaster: He played everyone like fiddles in order to enact his plan of bringing Chaos back to life manipulating Gold, giving Wang power, and creating the Dark Drive, all in order to create the Gleaming Darkness.
- Co-Dragons: He and Fong are Mr. Gold's top enforcers.
- Composite Character: He's an amalgamation of countless Long Wu from different realities combined into a single entity.
- The Cracker: Seems to be his role for Mr. Gold.
- Dark Is Evil: He created the Dark Drive, and he uses it to cause chaos and destruction.
- Dragon Ascendant: He takes over as Big Bad after Gold and Fong are killed by Team Pandora in episode 15.
- Evil Counterpart: Everything that has transpired has proven that he is this for Leon. He even creates his own Terraroid version of Leon's M.O.E.V. in black.
- The Evil Genius: He's the main architect of the Dark Drive.
- Evilutionary Biologist: He deliberately orchestrated the Quantum Reactor's malfunction in order to give rise to the evolutionary field that created the B.R.A.I., and continuously attempts to goad Leon and his allies into using the Hyperdrives' power to evolve beyond being human.
- Evil Is Hammy: He's always melodramatic, either in front of his boss or alone. As expected from the voice actors of Hazama/Terumi in Japanese and Sugou in English.
- Faux Affably Evil: Don't let his cheerful, bombastic demeanor fool you, he's a lunatic who doesn't care how many people die as long as he remains entertained.
- Graceful Loser: Just as Leon is about to seal him and Chaos for good, he accepts his defeat and recognizes the power of family he was always missing.
- Lightning Bruiser: By controlling the layers in the hyper dimensions, he can make his M.O.E.V. move faster than the eye can register it.
- Literal Split Personality: The quantum reactor overloading enabled him to manifest a body of his own, separate from that of Lon Wu.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Netflix's subtitles spell his name as Zeeg.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has pale purple hair.
- Arm Cannon: His arm can turn into a huge one.
- Co-Dragons: He and Sieg are Mr. Gold's top enforcers.
- Cool Mask: Wears one that covers half his face. And after he's blown to bits by Doug, it's all that remains of him.
- Dragon Their Feet: After Gold is killed, his mangled form fuses with a B.R.A.I. dog and launches one final attack on Cecil.
- Flash Step: Is seen doing this in episode 12 when fighting Cain.
- The Nose Knows: His fused dog form can identify Cecil's fragrance with deadly precision, even after being blinded, but it also leaves him vulnerable to being tricked by that same scent.
- Oh, Crap!: When he realizes Kain has injured him and is about to blow him to pieces.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: In his final appearance, he merges with a B.R.A.I. dog in order to become a centauraid creature with the beast's head in place of one of his arms, serving as an arm-cannon and a blade.
- The Quiet One: The least talkative member of the group. Considering his mechanic origins, is no surprise.
- Robotic Reveal: He's revealed to be an almost complete B.R.A.I. humanoid in episode 7.
- There's No Kill Like Overkill: When Quinny tricks him into falling off a building, Doug blasts him with his sniper cannon, blowing him to little pieces.
- Blood Knight: Loves inflicting bloodshed, especially if it involves Quinny.
- The Bus Came Back: After not being seen since his initial defeat in episode 6, he finally returns in episode 20.
- Fusion Dance: He fuses with his falcon B.R.A.I. to gain more power.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: His outfit has them to hide concealed weapons.
- Might Makes Right: What he preaches, hence why he let Quinny live. She was the second strongest.
- Rival Turned Evil: From Quinny's fellow martial arts student, to basically her nemesis.
- Always Someone Better: He forced fed this lesson to Leon when he recruited him.
- Beneath the Mask: While most of the time he acted as a benevolent if eccentric scientist, beneath it he was a madman who continued the Hyperdrive experiment while ignoring Leon's concerns. Turns out his loss of sanity was because all other alternate selfs were being fused.
- Death by Origin Story: His death is what made Leon try to make amends for the mistakes of their research.
- Posthumous Character: Died during the meltdown of the Quantum Reactor 3 years ago.
- Split-Personality Takeover: His personality was slowly overwritten by all the Lons that would eventually become Sieg, causing him to behave increasingly erratically; though Leon encounters his original consciousness in the depths of the multidimension.
- The Reveal:
- He is Chloe's biological older brother.
- Part 2 reveals that the real reason he began working on the Quantum Reactor was to find a means of preventing the coming of the Glittering Dark, or at least a means by which humanity would be able to survive. To this end he persuaded Fiona to let him tap into Chaos' power, but this led to the creation of Seig, who desired to unleash the power of Chaos upon the world in order to force humanity to evolve.
- Ambiguously Human: While she's most likely not human, she's also most certainly not a B.R.A.I. Her talk with Leon in episode 19 reveals she and Cecile descend from a clan of people that were always close to the power of Chaos.
- Animal Motifs: Pandas, and she associates them with the merging of Chaos.
- Astral Projection: Her physical body is confined within an ancient temple belonging to her ancestors, so she projects her consciousness out into the world — appearing as herself wearing a white and blue bodysuit.
- The Faceless: It isn't until her meeting with Leon in episode 7 that her face is fully seen.
- Hidden Buxom: Her astral projection's garb consists of a skintight white bodysuit and a short black poncho that hides her chest. Her Taoist uniforms, however, reveal that while she's not as busty as her older sister, she's not exactly lacking either. She's also easily flustered, as Seig is able to drive her off by flirting with her, and teases her for being a naive child when it comes to romance.
- Master of Illusion: She can create seemingly endless illusions of herself.
- Mysterious Watcher: Spends most of episode 7 watching Team Pandora without them noticing.
- Mystical White Hair: Her hair is pale and multicolored and it certainly fits her mysterious disposition.
- Seers: Sieg mentions she's capable of seeing into the multiverse to predict the future to a certain degree.
- Sexy Priest: She's a skilled practitioner of Taoism, and in most of her appearances as an astral projection wears a form-fitting bodysuit, with shots tending to focus on her butt.
- Sibling Team: With Cecile, she deals with the mystical and quantum side of their spectrum while Cecile deals with the public side of things.
- Supernatural Is Purple: She has purple irises, a sign of her immense supernatural power.
- Wham Line: At the end of episode 12 she calls Cecil "Big sister". Sieg later confirms they're indeed sisters.
- Vague Age: She's older than Chloe, but younger than the other characters.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: A B.R.A.I. mortally wounded her, causing her to pass away in Doug's arms.
- Hot Scientist: She was pretty and very smart.
- The Lost Lenore: For Doug, who spends much of the series privately mourning her.
- Not Quite Dead: Part of her consciousness was uploaded into a flight-capable B.R.A.I. using one of Sieg's Dark Drives, and was tasked with guarding the orbital energy cannon. While this mech was presumed destroyed alongside the orbital cannon, it survived and later attempted to hack into the Quantum Reactor to achieve immortality.
- Pop-Cultured Badass: The AI based on her personality — which is in control of a mech powerful enough to give the Terraroid M.O.E.V.s a good fight — makes a reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey by mockingly singing "Daisy Bell" in a distorted voice.
- Posthumous Character: Dead by the time of the story. Her human body at least.
- Together in Death: The B.R.A.I. with her consciousness falls into Earth's atmosphere alongside Doug, right after he tells her he named their cat after her. While it is intially presumed to be destroyed, it's later revealed it survived.
Chaos - SPOILER
- Dem Bones: Its manifestation — the Gleaming Darkness — is a massive humanoid skeleton hidden away in an ancient cave; the skull of which — or the quantum tesseract located within its skull — was bequeathed to Lon by Cecil and Fiona, and used as the core of the Quantum Reactor.
- Eldritch Abomination: It is an ancient force whose power spurred the process of evolution, making it the source of the B.R.A.I., and is hypothesized by Lon to also be the source of humanity's myths about gods and monsters such as the Monkey King and nine-tailed fox as well. In the penultimate episode, it assembles a makeshift body from the amalgamated corpses of Dark Drive-equipped B.R.A.I., and in the final episode attempts to turn Neo Xianglong itself and all the M.O.E.V. into B.R.A.I.
- Reality Warper: It is capable of manipulating quantum physics via the Taoist principles of Yin and Yang — being the source of the evolutionary field that created the B.R.A.I., and in the final episode is shown to even be capable of "evolving" technology into B.R.A.I. Its power is split into the White Chaos that the protagonists harness using the Hyperdrives, and the Black Chaos harnessed by the antagonists using the Dark Drives.
- Sealed Badass in a Can: The Taoist clan that worshipped it was forced to seal it away, though as a result of Seig seeking to combine the power of White Chaos and Black Chaos using the Hyperdrives and Dark Drives, it is slowly revived and unleashed — attacking Fiona when she tries to perform a ritual to suppress it. In the final episode it is almost fully revived, but Leon and his allies manage to seal it away again, alongside Seig.