- "Whoo! This is awesome! Everyone, look at me!"
The protagonist of Juuni Jumon. A lazy and carefree girl who likes teasing her sister Hotaru and mostly gets along with boys. Kurumi is extremely flirty and well aware of her good looks.
- Boobs of Steel: Shes one of the more powerful characters. Needless to say, she has the largest chest in the series.
- Chain Pain: Most of her spellcards involve binding and chains.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Doesn't like using magic even though she's very competent at using magic.
- Good Bad Girl: A more comedic example.
- Forgotten First Meeting: With Takeo, when they were young.
- Heroic Seductress: A more comical example.
- Ms. Fanservice: She always wears Stripperific outfits with big cleavage and short skirts. Shes aware of it and likes showing off her looks, much to Hotarus chagrin.
- Official Couple: According to Word of God, shell eventually end up with Takeo.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on manipulation.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- "It`s Hotaru, not Ho! I hate that nickname!"
Kurumis little sister. Shes often annoyed at Kurumis flirtatious and carefree personality. A lively tomboy whos good at sports.
- Big Little Sister: Compared to the laidback Kurumi.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Kurumi calls her Hocchan or Ho. Which just happens to sound like the word hoe.
- Fiery Redhead: She has orange hair and can use fire magic to boot.
- Miko: She works as one, to tag along with Ayano.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on her fiery temper.
- Playing with Fire: Her powers. Despite her powers being triggered by her Hair-Trigger Temper, shes actually poor at magic because of it.
- "I`m sorry, I don`t seem to understand girls' feelings very well."
A nice guy whos nice to a fault. He can't say no to a person that needs help and is clueless regarding girls. Despite that, his childhood friend Tomoko is in love with him. Main protagonist of Summer Interlude.
- A Day in the Limelight: Summer Interlude is this to him.
- Black Mage: Fits the bill with his Elemental Powers, and wouldn't be out of place in Final Fantasy.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Elemental Powers: Invoked.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. Hes nice and easygoing.
- The Hero: Of Summer Interlude.
- Nice Guy: Not to Takeo's extent, but still.
- Oblivious to Love: Has no idea of Tomokos feelings for him at first.
- Official Couple: With Tomoko, at the end of Summer Interlude.
- Personality Powers: His Elemental Powers, apparently.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Masahiro is this to Takeo, being the kind doormat that has interactions with a girl whos destined to be his Love Interest. It doesnt help that Takeo was the original male lead of Juuni Jumon.
- "Have a bit more faith in me!"
Masahiros childhood friend. She has stuck by Masahiro's side for years in the hope of having her feelings returned someday, despite him being clueless around girls. Quite observant and can quickly understand what's going on.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Tomoko is very calm and gentle, but as Summer Interlude shows, Masahiro being oblivious to her affections make her abandon him for a whole day, so he could understand her pain. After Masahiro continues to be oblivious to her feelings, she has a danmaku fight with him and is shown to be very powerful and capable.
- Butterfly of Death and Rebirth: In most of her spellcards.
- Clark Kenting: Nobody recognizes her with her hair down.
- Cry Cute: In the Stage 6 of Summer Interlude, after Masahiro continues to be oblivious to her feelings.
- Dogged Nice Girl: Tomoko is not the most subtle of suitors.
- Everyone Can See It: It's obvious to everyone that she loves Masahiro. Hell, the plot of Summer Interlude is their classmates organizing several Batman Gambit to bring them close together.
- Nice Hat: A pink cabbie hat, which is actually from her elementary school uniform!
- Official Couple: With Masahiro, at the end of Summer Interlude.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on time.
- Victorious Childhood Friend
- Yamato Nadeshiko: According to Word of God.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
- "I`m not sure why I'm here, but everyone is happy, so I'm happy too!"
An absent-minded girl whos Youkos twin. Her airheadedness keeps her in permanent state of jollyness. She's very slow, but not stupid. Her and Youko have the habit of disguising themselves as witches in order to help people in need.
- Cute Witch
- The Ditz: Word of God clarified that Amaya is rather...off and depends on Youko because of it.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Amaya is very enthusiastic about food and likes making oversized lunch boxes, which she always ends up sharing with everyone because she can't possible eat that much.
- Lunacy: Her powers.
- Rapunzel Hair: Has long hair that reaches her ankles.
- Perpetual Smiler: She's often seen with a dreamy look on her face.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on the moon.
- "Youko, the star who shines even brighter than our own sun, is going to be your first opponent!"
Amayas twin sister. Unlike the Cloud Cuckoolander Amaya, Youko is quiet and soft-spoken and is rather dismissive towards other people. Like her sister, shes a witch, and her personality becomes more assertive.
- Big Little Sister: To the absent-minded Amaya.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Youko often corrects Amaya when her thoughts stray off.
- Cute Witch
- Genki Girl: In her witch persona.
- Mundane Utility: According to Word of God, she uses magic for the simplest things, like doing her hair.
- No Social Skills: Other than Amaya, shes rather noncommittal towards other people.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on the sun.
- Personality Swap: Shes silent and aloof. Witch Youko talks much louder and has more presence.
- The Power of the Sun: Her powers.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
- "Uh-oh, looks like we`ve been caught!"
An hyperactive tomboyish girl. She's also a trickster and likes causing mischief with Mai.
- Hair Antennae: Her hair antennae can move depending on her emotion. She often uses her magic to do other things with them as a joke.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: She spends a great part of her time outside, that's why she's so tanned. But since Sayuri claims to be from another country, people think that's her natural skin-color.
- It Amused Me: The motivation for every prank she does.
- The Lad-ette: Because of her way of talking and choice of clothes.
- Master of Illusion: How her danmaku manifests.
- One of the Boys: She's often mistaken for a boy and loves it. In fact, she often dresses up in male clothes to confuse people.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on illusions, which is based in her trickster personality.
- Shipper on Deck: She ships Masahiro/Tomoko and in Summer Interlude, she and Mai steal their bags in order to bring them closer.
- The Trickster
- Those Two Guys: With Mai.
- "That is, if you can find your yukata by that time! Hahaha!"
Sayuri's partner in crime. Both are pretty hyperactive, and they won't miss a chance to butt in on a conversation and change the subject completely. Mai is a bit of a nature girl and she thinks she can talk to trees and plants.
- Friend to All Living Things: According to Word of God.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on sound.
- Shipper on Deck: She ships Masahiro/Tomoko and in Summer Interlude, she and Sayuri steal their bags in order to bring them closer.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- The Trickster: To a lesser extent than Sayuri, but still.
- Those Two Guys: With Sayuri.
- "Mai and Sayuri told me something about hiding bags. I tried to stop them, but..."
She's a is shy new student who's Hotaru best friend and has a crush on Casanova Wannabe Ryo. Both her and Hotaru are miko's at the shrine of the town where they live.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. Despite having red hair and summer spellcards, she's rather meek and shy.
- Miko: Ayano comes from a family of shrine keepers.
- New Transfer Student
- Nice Hat: Wears a checkered hat in Summer Interlude.
- What Does She See in Him?: How her crush on Ryo is viewed by others.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on seasons.
- Seasonal Baggage: Her powers. In Summer Interlude, since it's summer vacation, she uses sun-themed and sunflower danmaku.
- Shrinking Violet
- Ship Tease: With Ryo.
- "Hey, you left me behind in the forest! I was really afraid you know!"
Like Takeo, Midori is a new student. She is a childish crybaby who loves the color green and easily gets lost. Also lives in the old part of town, and her family owns a traditional Japanese inn.
- Catchphrase: "Puu~", when she cries and pouts.
- Cowardly Sidekick: She's always crying and getting scared by lots of things. In fact, all her spellcards are named after a phobia.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: According to Word of God, she has six younger siblings with the same color Theme Naming.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means green and she has a strange obsession with that color. She just wants to befriend Kurumi because of her green hair.
- Mega Twintails
- No Sense of Direction: She gets lost easily. During Summer Interlude, she only attacks Masahiro for being there after getting lost in the forest.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on fright.
- "Please, just go along with the flow."
A new transferred student at the beginning of the Juuni Jumon manga. He's sweet, humble, obedient, and is often bossed around by others.
- Cool Big Bro: For Tomomi.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: In later artwork of him, he has a childish and girly face, probably to differentiate him from Masahiro (see Suspiciously Similar Substitute above).
- Extreme Doormat: Towards Kurumi. He seems to be intimidated by imposing people in general. Hell, in Summer Interlude, he only fights against Masahiro because his little sister told him to.
- Flat Character: Takeo doesnt really do anything other than being a kind-hearted Extreme Doormat. Even the author himself finds him to be a rather dull character. Hell, he was supposed to be the male main character in Juuni Jumon before being replaced by Masahiro, who had similar traits.
- Forgotten First Meeting: With Kurumi, when they were young.
- Making a Splash: His powers.
- New Transfer Student: At the beginning.
- No Respect Guy: You know its bad when even Masahiro makes fun of him.
- Official Couple: According to Word of God, hell eventually end up with Kurumi.
- Personality Powers: His magic is based on water.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- "Lucky number 7 is next! Be it a gamble or a game, I win by sheer luck."
Takeos little sister. A cheerful and lively girl whos very devoted to Takeo and takes games very seriously.
- Big Brother Worship: She adores her big brother, much to everybodys surprise.
- Heavy Sleeper: According to Word of God.
- Geek: She is overly-obsessed with games, such as shooting danmaku and gambling games.
- Meaningful Name: Her name has the kanji for "friendship". Word of God says that Tomomi was originally meant as someone who could get along with everyone.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on games.
- Stronger Sibling: She is a a higher magic rank than Takeo.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- "I think they need a lesson to learn to remember what is important and what is not."
A responsible honor-student type who does everything by the rules. Setsuko prefers to keep everything to the rules, and can't stand lazy people. Seeing as Ryo is rather lazy, she often ends up scolding him. Kurumis Unknown Rival.
- Aloof Big Sister: To Ryo.
- Berserk Button: Lazy people. And people not doing following the rules.
- But Not Too Foreign: Her mother is Japanese, and her father is from an unspecified European country.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In Summer Interlude, she picks a fight on Masahiro because he was irresponsible and lost the map.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Noblewoman's Laugh: While she never did it in Summer Interlude, shes prone to make this according to Word of God.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on justice.
- Unknown Rival: To Kurumi.
Ryo MatsumotoSetsukos spoiled younger brother. Is often seeing attempting to flirt with older girls and fail. Not the nicest guy you'll come across. Main protagonist of Cultural Festival.
- A Day in the Limelight: Cultural Festival will be this to him.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Setsuko.
- But Not Too Foreign: Averted. Unlike Setsuko, Ryo is full Japanese. It even manifests on his spellcards.
- Casanova Wannabe: Ryo loves women, especially if they are older girls. He's never successful in his attempts to attract a single one and only attract younger girls.
- Chivalrous Pervert: One of his targets is Ms. Fanservice Kurumi.
- Handsome Lech
- Jerkass: He's a Spoiled Brat with a big ego after all.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: According to Ayano, he has a hidden kinder side.
- Likes Older Women: And much to his chagrin, younger girls are the only ones interested in him. Ayano has a crush on him and in Summer Interlude, only Sayuri and Mai accepted his offer to go to the festival.
- Personality Powers: A rare subversion. Since he is full Japanese, he has Oriental-themed spellcards. Well, most of the cast is Japanese as well, but it's to show the Sibling Yin-Yang between him and Setsuko's Western magic.
- Spoiled Brat: According to Word of God, he uses his family's wealth as an excuse to be lazy.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: His powers.
Masahiro's cousin. She's famous in the school for her gracious appearance, intelligence, kindness and magic skills. If Kurumi is the most popular among the guys, then Haruna is the most popular among the girls. She sets a perfect example of a perfect young lady.
- Cool Big Sis: To the main cast and her cousin Masahiro.
- Personality Powers: Her magic is based on psychology.
- Odd Friendship: With Shinichi, see below.
- Onee-sama: How she's seen at school. She's neat, mature, and also beautiful. She's is in the highest possible grade, so she often tutors younger students.
- Secret Keeper: According to Word of God, she and Shinichi know a dangerous secret that could pose a threat if the wrong people knew about it.
- Shipper on Deck: Also ships Masahiro/Tomoko.
- Ship Tease: With Shinichi.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Scolds Masahiro for not noticing Tomoko's feelings in 'Summer Interlude''.
Shinichi KurosawaA serious and stoic boy who has a reputation of being unsettling and scary. Does not like using magic, but uses it for enhancement purposes. Good friends with Haruna, another responsible student.
- Blind Without 'Em: He wears glasses at school and contacts in his casual clothes, so it's implied to be the case.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In Summer Interlude, he picks a fight on Masahiro because he was irresponsible and lost the map. Apparently it was to teach him a lesson.
- Does Not Like Magic: Shinichi prefers to use brute force than magic and he's a strong and competent fighter. When he shows his powers in Summer Interlude, he's just enhancing Setsuko's powers.
- Face of a Thug
- Magic Enhancement: His powers.
- Nice Guy: To the few people who know him well. According to Word of God, he gives girls a pat on their head when they did something good. Which freaks other people out quite a bit.
- Odd Friendship: With Haruna, according to everyone. It's not that weird, considering that they have similar parental personalities and their role as Secret Keepers, but since Shinichi has a reputation of having a Face of a Thug....
- Personality Powers: His magic is based on enhacement. Considering his supportive personality, it fits him.
- Sailor's Ponytail: Revealed to have one in the Summer Interlude credits.
- Secret Keeper: According to Word of God, he and Haruna know a dangerous secret that could pose a threat if the wrong people knew about it.
- Ship Tease: Has some of this with Haruna.
- The Stoic
- You Gotta Have Green Hair