Team as a Whole
- Musical Theme Naming: Named after the Black Label Society
- Government Agency of Fiction: 'Black Label Society' is disguised as an agency to sap government money
- Creature-Hunter Organization: Technically this, due to the teams intent to track Andromeda down, who seems to be an alien, as a payback for the information leak
- Recurring Element: The "designated villain team," once again, performs mostly poorly early on, relying only on the survival of a few key individuals. Time will tell if they go the way of Ultraviolet Underground or manage to rise from the ashes
- Terrible Trio: In round 2, their number was reduced to only Adam, Scott, and thanks to a revival, Andrew, with the organization they worked for practically in shambles after the disappearance of Ricky and deaths of Varel, Zack, White Rabbit, and very likely Onkivulet. That said, these three are easily the most competent members of the group, and without being held back by Polaris.
Adam Daniels - ｢The New Flesh｣
- Blood Magic: Adams Stand, [The New Flesh], can manipulate blood
- Covered with Scars: Adam did this to himself
- Feel No Pain: One of Adams 'special skills'
- In-Series Nickname: Adam sees other humans as bags of blood. Since he is in a team of seven other humans, he refers to them as different 'blood' nicknames.
- "Andrew" is 'Grey Blood'
- Varel is 'Slime Vein'
- Scott is 'Purple Blood'
- Ricky is 'False Blood'
- Zack is 'Cherry Blood'
- Onkivulets and White Rabbits names are unknown
Andrew K. Lennox - ｢Sweet Dreams｣
- Eye Motifs: [Sweet Dreams] has multiple eyes in its body
- Handicapped Badass: Losing the usage of his legs in his first outing in the tourney wasn't enough to keep him from coming back for more.
- Secret Public Identity: Andrew arranged the eight members of 'Black Label Society' code names through a computer
- "Andrew" is "Missionary Man"
- Varel is "This Is the News"
- Scott is "S-5"
- Adam is "Doc"
- Onkivulet is "Pu-239"
- Zack is "Gnerk Skursson"
- Ricky is "Spades"
- The White Rabbits code name is unknown
Onkivulet - ｢Klaatu｣
- Healthcare Motivation: The reason to work for Varel in 'BLS' is due to a high amount of money he promised to her. She suffers from brain damage and needs medication. Ironically, the brain damaged one isn't the fighter who tried to blow up a plane.
Ricky Nelson - ｢Garden Party｣
Scott Strange Summers - ｢Suicide Solution｣
Varel Teves Rot - ｢Post American World｣
- Alternate Universe: Big Bad in his first appearance, and an Arch-Enemy to Jojos OC Tournament T 3's Sarah Williams, due to embodying all the tropes that Sarah hated and feared
- Meaningful Name: Varel is a variation of the name Varil, which means 'water'. A fitting jab at Sarah's Pyromaniac nature.
- Elemental Rivalry: It even comes down to their abilities: Sarah uses [RAMMSTEIN]s immense heat to attack, and [Post American World] can throw slime, which is similar to water
- Alternate Universes [Post American World] has the ability to cripple people mentally by taking away their most sentimental object/idea/person/thing from their mind through echoing lies that it implants into their head, to a point where they ignore anything that would prove the voices wrong. This allows it to strike to their most vulnerable place: into their mind
- Varel's Stand's first appearance provided scares for the cast, due to kicking a story arc right after a previous ones ending, that revolved around kidnapping
- Meaningful Name: Varel is a variation of the name Varil, which means 'water'. A fitting jab at Sarah's Pyromaniac nature.
- Big Bad Wannabe: His run as the leader of BLS is disastrous, and in his sole battle he loses fairly handily to Prince Johnny before being killed by his own allies.
- Blob Monster: His Stand has a slimy physique
- Card-Carrying Villain: Seriously calls himself a "fucking social disease." In his match, though he planned on betraying him, he happily teamed up with the famously monstrous Haman's portrait. Even if he's not all he's cracked up to be, he knows he's bad news and revels in it.
- Cold War: Varel was born during this era
- Color Motif: Yellow has psychological meaning to it as the colour of fear, and black is typically associated with evil. Additionally, Yellow and Black are complementary colours to Purple and White.
- Destructive Romance: Varels relationship with his ex was not the most healthiest one. His ex is a cannibal from a cult with a God complex, and a healing Stand which could cause tumors to grow upon contact in an alarming speed (additionally, it could track people down by contacting their DNA). She attempted to eat their first born child alive, which prompted Varel to stop her and to send off the child away, while getting rid of anything that could be used to find the child. Few years later, he divorced her
- Dystopia: The Stands namesake is a reference to this state of America, and a song from Megadeths 'Dystopia' album
- Even Evil Has Standards: Varel hates his ex wife, who is a cannibal AND a self proclaimed Goddess, but let's be real, since he still busted her out of imprisonment in the first place, he probably mainly hates her because she's Mexican.
- Evil Counterpart: This to Jojos OC Tournament T 3 PHD's Nick Mason
- Evil Mentor: Varel had a psychotherapy student under his guidance.
- Exhausted Eye Bags: He constantly has these under his eyes.
- Eye Motifs: Eyes are a prominent insignia on his clothes. In his calling card, in his tie, and in his belt buckle
- Government Conspiracy: He is a leader of 'Polaris'. No one knows about this, except few selected individuals
- Man in White: The Stand wears white suit and jeans
- Musical Theme Naming: Named after Megadeth
- Nebulous Evil Organisation: Varel has a deep connection to an evil paramilitary organization called 'Polaris', which was formed in 1980's as a military division to research alternatives to nuclear weaponry so that MAD would still be in place, but there would be other ways to gain supremacy over the eastern giants. Their operations were shut down in 2002 due to rising worry from US Government, putting an end to their plans. In 2010, Varel brought the organization back behind everyone's back, recruiting multiple previous patients of his, by utilizing [Post American World] as the front man, keeping his identity as a secret. Their goal is to mass produce technology that can reanimate the dead, until one day they would burn everything down with nuclear holocaust and mold their own society from the ashes
- Number Two: Varel prefers highly his Stand to be the second in command, as it has always been. Varel himself is also this, but not in the trope sense.
- Parental Abandonment: Due to his growing, disturbing tendencies when he was young, he ended up being outed by his parents out of paranoia and fear. He would then abandon his own child many years later by sending them away somewhere unknown (to not be eaten by his ex wife)
- Power Vest: Varel wears two of them on top of each others
- Punny Name: Trevor Valts > T.V. > Tele Vision
- Significant Anagram: Varel Teves Rot > Trevor Valts, his Stand's more 'humane' name
- Small Name, Big Ego: Hot shit he may think he is, it doesn't take long in action before it's shown that he's all talk. His teammates were not amused.
- Stealth Expert: Due to his psychological experience and his past, Varel knows how to stealth extremely well
- Surreal Symbolic Heads: His Stand has a television monitor as a head
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: He is NOT racist at all.
- Teleportation: By spreading its purple slime against a surface, the Stand can teleport near the area. At first appearing as a static figure before completely looking like itself
- The Leader: Black Label Society's leading figure, a role at which he was so terrible that half of the team was wiped under his leadership before two of the remaining members killed him themselves.
White Rabbit - ｢Alice is Dead｣
- Dropped A Bridge On Her: Mylo threw a car at her at the end of her first and only match, killing her on the spot.
- Gravity Master: With her Stand, she can manipulate gravity.
Zack Bernett - ｢Get Got｣
Team as a Whole
｢Happyman on the Red Planet｣
A. A. Lomax - ｢Lead Belly｣
Lucas Richmond - ｢Turn to Stone｣
Maxwell Romano Jr. - ｢Winter Star｣
Mr. Nowhere Man - ｢Nowhere Man｣
Pengolo Solventi - ｢Hive｣ for Multiple Parasites
Rock Starr - ｢Abandoned Memory｣
Take Warning - ｢Lisztomania｣
Tunde Ó Santos - ｢Miracle Masterpiece｣
Team as a Whole
Baroness Malka - ｢Shock Me｣
Djimon Iskinder Ejigu - ｢Thriller｣
Fighter Jet - ｢110 Million Memories｣
Lyra Wishly - ｢Mr. Postman｣
Michelle Xu - ｢E Flat｣
Prince Johnny - ｢Fast Slow Disco｣
- 100% Adoration Rating: Prince Johnny is loved by his countrymen.
- Casanova Wannabe: Prince Johnny flirts a lot but has no success.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: Prince Johnny dollops his phrases with hints of French cutesy phrases.
- Fictional Country: Prince Johnny is from the fictional Carribean nation of Ke'tiorika (The land of quiet nights).
- Flirting Under Fire: Prince Johnny believes the best people to flirt with are those in the midst of combat.
Tom N. Place - ｢Pocket Crocodile｣
Yugihama Kaito - ｢Fujisawa Loser｣
Team as a Whole
Claude - ｢AmbitionZ｣
- Body Surf: Ambition Z can do this in Independent Mode
- Cast from Hit Points: See below.
- Life Drain: Much like Part 4's Highway Star, Claude's stand drains nutrients. Unlike that stand, Ambition Z drains nutrients from the things it cuts with its scythes or the user, if it's separated from him.
- Sinister Scythe: The arms of Claude's stand are 5 meter long scythes, and he can use them himself when Ambition Z is in suit mode.
- Stance System: Claude can wear Ambition Z like a suit, draining his nutrients in exchange for increased strength and access to the stand's weapons. He can also turn the stand loose to gather nutrients from outside sources, exchanging power and durability for range.
Dolly P. Dolce - ｢Possum Holler｣
Electric Grapevine - ｢Lee Van Cleef｣
Jindrich Alois Karlov - ｢Eat Me Up Alive｣
Lil Big Clyde Longbarrel - ｢Tesselating｣
Marcella LeBlanc - ｢Saint James Infirmary｣
Thijs van Leer - ｢Hocus Pocus｣
Uncle Jack - ｢Natures Way｣
Team as a Whole
Connor Pruckette - ｢Megalovania｣
Gioia Arancini - ｢Love Kills｣
Kris P. Bacon - ｢Under Pressure｣
Noriko Yabuuchi - ｢Bus Stop｣
Ric Hawks - ｢Moving in Stereo｣
Schioppo Fucile - ｢Fire & Ice｣
Sofía Alicia Romero Pérez - ｢Lilywhite Lilith｣
Stefan Pilatti - ｢Artificial Death in the West｣
Team as a Whole
Bhangra Mehndi - ｢Tunak Tunak Tun｣
Colorado Blue - ｢MC Hammer｣
Darwin Glermen - ｢Metal Man｣
Garland - ｢Over the Rainbow｣
- Last-Name Basis: He's referred to solely by his artistic mononym 99% of the time, including on his own signup sheet where his own first name is omitted entirely.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: His mighty stand gives him the power to... change the colors of things. Wait, is that it? But opponents have been shocked to find out that that includes blinding his foes, turning himself invisible, creating illusions, and much, much more...
- Anime Hair: Garland styles his hair into a hi-top fade that appears to be more of a solid object than a hairstyle, taking on the shape of something resembling an uncapped tube of lipstick or a "broken crayon" as another competitor put it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Taken to the extreme - at this point nobody but Garland and his parents know what his real hair color is.
- Curtains Match the Window: Done deliberately with his own powers to (usually) make his hair and eyes the same color.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: He's almost always wearing a bespoke three-piece suit complete with expensive silk tie and Italian leather shoes.
- Heroic Neutral: Garland would have been content to just take part in the tournament and live his life, but with word of strange deaths and criminal conspiracies making the rounds, he's started to feel a sense of responsibility to do something about it.
- Cowardly Lion: Known to be afraid of some of the other stand users - Electric Grapevine in particular - but he still tries to do the right thing. Usually.
Jinban Zhuge - ｢The Wind of Change｣
Mars - ｢Red is the Rose｣
Professor Bernal - ｢Around the World｣
Robert Chitter - ｢Wildflower｣
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's a nice guy, but getting him angry will prove.. problematic.
- Body Horror: Grows trees out of his body pretty often, looks incredibly unsanitary.
- Combat Pragmatist: He's got a job to do and he doesn't particularly care how he has to do it.
- Edible Ammunition: His ability allows him to grow various fruits and vegetables, even exploding ones. All can be eaten.
- Green Thumb: Both his abilities are primarily based around controlling plant life.
- Having a Blast: He can create Apple bombs.
- Instant Armor: Act 2 of his Stand Ability, [Wildflower], allows him to create armor of tree bark on his body.
- Punch-Clock Hero: While he's usually a bit more gray on the moral scale, he's been paid by a team of good guys and is thus a bit of a good guy.
- Strong and Skilled: Has done mercenary work for quite a long time, supplementing his already powerful abilities with physical aptitude.
Team as a Whole
Akira Inoue - ｢Out of Touch｣
Annabelle - ｢Her Diamonds｣
Calendar Waters - ｢Phantom Ensemble｣
Eugene Baxter - ｢Day of the Locusts｣
Hadrian Moore - ｢On Mercury｣
Jack Norworth - ｢Sad Machine｣
Jeremiah Peacekeeper - ｢Stone Sour｣
Lenoir Kleid - ｢Doll Judgement｣
Team as a Whole
Andrew Rogers - ｢Ultra Violet｣
Autumn Miranda Jasper - ｢Dream Weaver｣
Chul Ahn - ｢Candyman｣
Demis Roussos - ｢Starmachine 2000｣
Dokiro-chan - ｢Two Time｣
Millie Cialda - ｢Birthday Cake｣
Nico Wolfram - ｢Sweet Cadaver｣
Quibilah Fathy - ｢Dark Horse｣
Team as a Whole
- Weirdness Magnet: "Cursed" objects and strange creatures tend to just show up near them.
- Properly Paranoid: For as strange as they are, YMCA members do deal with the actual supernatural regularly.
- Home Base: An actual bank claimed by the organization as a headquarters and home. Vaguely cursed, of course.
- Occult Detective: Their job, and reason for being part of the ARG at all.
- Chaotic Stupid: In order to get closer to the truth, they use some pretty unorthodox, if not absolutely nightmarish tactics. Because, you know, why not?
- Overly Long Name: Being noted as members of the Youngstown branch of the larger international Mysteries and Curiosities Association isn't good enough. You also need to note that they're the Golden Investigation Team (as the leaders of the branch, of course) and specifically the Grand United Division of this team. Well, okay. Really it's because that's shortened to "YMCA: GIT;GUD."
Baba O' Riley - ｢Won't Get Fooled Again｣
Flint Howlett - ｢Climbatize｣
- Paper Master: His stand ability allows him to turn objects into paper. He tends to use this power to create paper airplanes, and can even turn himself into a paper airplane to get around the place.
Jinsoo Chong - ｢Fly Too High｣
M.I.A. - ｢Angel's Thesis｣
Milo A. - ｢Descendents｣
- Young and in Charge: Leads this branch of the MCA, including his tournament team as well as all the unrelated mystery investigations, having only turned 17 shortly before T4 began. Even before that, he covered for his T3 predecessor's leaderly position in a separate "company" for a couple of months.
- Gravity Master: Raising and lowering gravity is his stand's ability.
- Teen Genius: Has a degree in bio-engineering and is an experienced leader, despite a lack in wisdom. And typing skill.
- Superior Successor: To T3's Damon Aurel. A relative with more experience in stand use, who attended college at an earlier age, and has distinctly better morals? Milo absolutely qualifies.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Occasionally slips into speaking this way, mixing edgy nonchalance and crudeness with professional and businesslike vocabulary.
- Third Party Stops Attack: His duel with Antonio Gibson in round one was prevented from becoming fatal for both members by a nearby stand user- Major Tom, from past tournaments.
The Man in the Yellow Suit - ｢Everything's Golden｣
- Golden Super Mode: His stand ability lets himself or his allies enter this, maximising the target's physical stats and granting resistance to weapons and stand attacks for a short period of time.
Vanita Butler - ｢Kill the Lights｣
Victor Pheare - ｢Rust in Peace｣
Team as a Whole
- Cool Ship: Zeniths base of operations is an air-craft carrier named the SS Olympus, which was paid for by the richer members of team.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Several elements of the team are named after Greek Mythology. The SS Olympus is a reference to Mt. Olympus and the further skies part of their name is a play on Father Sky, which was one of Uranuss titles.
- All or Nothing: In round 3, the last two active members of Zenith, Olivia and Killian, decided to partner together for one potentially final match rather than split up to have a higher percentage chance of the group moving on to Round 4.
- Pride Before a Fall: While the whole point of Zenith to prove that its various members are the best of the best at their particular skills, this hasnt stopped a majority of the groups members to be knocked out of the competition early on.
Annie Bonn - ｢Smashing Pumpkins｣
- You Killed My Father: Unlike most members of Zenith, Annie had an ulterior motive for joining the group. She wants to find and get revenge on the criminal organization that killed her father and destroyed their family business.
- Quality over Quantity: Annie was able to beat Calendar Waters, whose stand ability allows him to split himself into 4 separate people, in the fight between the two. Annie was obviously at a disadvantage numbers-wise, with the fight being a 4v1.
- Manipulative Bastard: In her second match, Annie tried to manipulate her opponent into letting her win by badly injuring herself to induce his sympathy.
Antonio Gibson - ｢My Mother-in-Law is a Scorpion｣
Captain Killian Keyes - ｢Wayward Son｣
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Years of sailing have given him superhuman levels of strength and endurance. His stand is effectively a repositioning tool for getting his rock-hard body into his opponent's faces.
- Fan Nickname: Captain Chad, for reasons detailed below
- Self-Imposed Challenge: Is known for doing these at the beginning of his matches. These range from being useful counters to his opponents (blindfolding himself against a stand used to create visual tricks) to doing them just because he could (not using his stand during his first match).
- Strong and Skilled: Has superhuman strength and has mastered Krav Maga, to the point that he successfully wrestled bears.
Carol Mann - ｢Porcupine Tree｣
Kenta Ryoshi - ｢Flamingo｣
Kevin "Junior" Jackson V - ｢Family Tradition｣
North Dakota - ｢Rainbow Connection｣
Olivia Zankov - ｢Strange Attraction｣
- Rags to Riches: Despite her family having financial difficulties, Olivia has managed to rise up and become very successful as a well known fashion model.
- Unluckily Lucky: Olivias first two matches both ended in ties, a rather strange coincidence. While most people would be happy enough with this, Olivia didnt take it so well as she felt that she was constantly on the razors edge of failure.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Olivia has been shown to be able to aim the lasers created by her stand with ridiculous precision, once being able to ricochet a laser off of dozens of glass shards while the shards were falling in the air in order to hit her target.
- Gravity Master: Olivias Stand is powered by a mini black hole that it uses to absorb objects into itself. Olivia has also used this ability in a variety of other ways, from manipulating the path of projectiles to allowing her a somewhat awkward form of flight.
Mylo Xyloto - ｢M.M.I.X｣
A renowned graffiti artist in Detroit and the former leader of the 21 Savages, Mylo first appeared as the Boss character for Match 30 of Round 1 against Colorado Blue and the White Rabbit on the rooftops of Detroit. His Stand, [M.M.I.X.], is bound to any can of spray paint that he touches; its ability is to alter the elevation of surfaces with his spray paint on them, allowing him to create pillars, bridges and spikes from them at will.
- Art Attacker: M.M.I.X. allows him to weaponise any graffiti tags that he creates within a 20m radius, extending them to smash into people at A Speed.
- Cool Car: Hijacks a car in R1 M30 and uses M.M.I.X. to turn it into a spiked, armoured behemoth dubbed the UFO (or "Understand? Fuck Off!").
- Death by Origin Story: His mother, Violet, was killed while protecting him from an angry businessman who caught Mylo stealing his wallet.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: "Major Minus" Mylo Xyloto.
- Determinator: No matter how many times he's beaten down, he always gets back up. This is partly why he managed to survive on the streets of Detroit by himself for so long (the other part being his Stand).
- Establishing Character Moment: He is introduced in Match 30 berating his fellow gang members for failing to win any tags in the ARG, using his Stand to smash a disrespectful gang member in the face, and laughing at the members of his crew who were defeated by Colorado Blue, an actual bull.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Mylo is disgusted by the sale of the street drug XPLICIT, especially after it starts being sold in his home turf.
- Fragile Speedster: Mylo has almost no strength and only average durability; he has to rely on his speed and manoeuvrability to stay alive.
- Logical Weakness: If Mylo doesn't have access to any spray paint cans or graffiti tags within a 20m radius, his Stand can't activate and he's essentially defenceless.
- Offscreen Momentof Awesome: Match 10 of Round 2 took place in the background of a fight between Mylo and fellow artist Oscar K. Computer. Mylo managed to fend off his opponent's army of constructs created from the carvings of the temple he was in long enough to find the tag.
- Red Baron: Took on the moniker of Major Minus as a way of keeping himself anonymous as a graffiti artist.
- Rollerblade Good: Rollerblades that flip out of his shoes are Mylo's main form of transportation. Being able to create platforms and surfaces to skate on out of anything amplifies his already-stellar rollerblading skills.
- The Social Darwinist: Mylo believes that anybody whos not strong enough to defend whats theirs doesnt deserve to have it.
- Shout-Out: To the Coldplay concept album Mylo Xyloto. His name, his Stand, his title of Major Minus, even the name of the souped-up car he uses in his debut match (UFO) are all named after songs from the album.
- Tattooed Crook: He has several; "Hurts Like Heaven" across his forehead, "M.M.I.X." across his chest and (Knuckle Tattoos) spelling out "MAJOR" and a minus symbol.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Mylo's signature outfit lacks a shirt, with only bandoliers of spray paint cans covering his bare chest. Somewhat Subverted, since Mylo isn't as muscular or well-defined as most examples of this trope.
Niyaz Jamilev & Oscar K Computer - ｢Gates of Babylon｣ & ｢The King of Limbs｣
The primary members of Team Titan, La Horde Aurique. Niyaz, the supposed reincarnation of Genghis Khan, and his court painter Oscar served as the bosses of Match 20 of Round 1, battling Electric Grapevine and Baba O'Reilly outside the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, Turkey. They were eliminated from the tournament (but not RETIRED) by Schioppo Fucille and Gioia Arancini in Match 5 of Round 3. Niyaz's Stand, [Gates of Babylon], contains a shadowy abyss that can produce minions of varying sizes. Each minion can be "fused" with an object to gain its properties; for example, a battery will electrify the minion, while a finger will give them human hands. Oscars Stand, [The King of Limbs], allows Oscar to pull objects out of or put objects into any work of art; this includes any visual creative medium, like paintings, photographs, video games, etc. Objects taken out of art pieces function as they would normally, and Oscar can pull out extremely specific things from artworks, such as being able to separate apple seeds from an apple or the engine from a car.
- Affably Evil: Niyaz, while not completely evil, certainly isn't a good person; in fact, Oscar's presence is the only thing stopping him from killing every enemy he comes across. However, he is always polite and respectful to his opponents, even offering Electric Grapevine a position in his team after seeing her strength in their match.
- Art Initiates Life: Oscar is able to pull real people out from artwork. He did this in Match 20 of Round 1 to pull the Beatles from the Abbey Road album cover and the Mona Lisa from its print, as well as creating minions out of the carvings of an ancient temple in Match 10 of Round 2.
- Body Horror: In Match 20 of Round 1, Oscar creates the Beatle Beetle; the Volkswagen Beetle from the Abbey Road album cover with the (still technically alive ) heads and limbs of the Beatles attached to the hood and roof. He also takes the skin of off John Lennon's face to make a gas mask.
- Berserk Button: Niyaz despises people who break promises (much like his historical counterpart). Meanwhile, Oscar is physically unable to draw realistic hands and hes a little touchy about it.BOSS! ILL LET YOU FINISH... BUT I HAVE SOME THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HANDS! Hands are the bane of my existence the blasted things are too complex, too detailed; each one is different! MERDE MERDE MERDE! THE CURVATURE OF THE FINGERS, THE LINES ON THE PALMS, THE KNUCKLES, THE LENGTH OF THE FINGERNAILS, THE POSITIONING OF THE FINGERS!
- Cool Car: Well, "cool in a sense. Niyaz and Oscar make use of the Beatle Beetle, a Volkswagen Beetle with the Beatles limbs and heads fused to the car (George on the back, Paul and Ringo on the roof, John as a hood ornament) along with pieces of rock and helmets to increase its durability, in R1 M20 and R3 M5.
- Deaf Composer: Oscar's insecurities regarding his own art prevent The King of Limbs from being used on his own paintings.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Niyaz and Oscars first official appearance was as Mario and Luigi in R1 M3; Oscars Stand was the reason why the players were pulled into the game of Tetris. Niyaz himself was behind the apartment building fire in R1 M10 and Oscar was responsible for pulling the players into the Sistine Chapel Ceiling in R1 M15.
- Famous Ancestor: Niyaz believes that he is the reincarnation of Genghis Khan himself; whether this is true or not is up to interpretation.
- Flunky Boss: Niyaz prefers to sit back and let his Stands minions do the fighting for him; after all, an emperor should never be on the front lines of battle.
- Fusion Dance: The minions created by Gates of Babylon can be fused with certain objects by inserting them into their bodies, giving them special properties. He uses this ability in R1 M20 to make electrified minions from pieces of car batteries, tank minions from concrete, rock and metal, and a minion that shoots boiling spicy water from a kettle, a radiator, a windshield cleaner jet, capsaicin from peppers, gas tank and water.
- HeelFace Turn: After being eliminated from the tournament in R3 M5, they share a genuine laugh at the absurdity of their situation and congratulate their opponents on their victory.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Playing Mario Kart Double Dash in the lead-up to R3 M5 helped Niyaz and Oscar to develop their vehicular teamwork; conveniently, R3 M5 was a Double Dash-style kart race in the actual Rainbow Road track from Mario Kart Wii.
- It's All About Me: Niyaz can work in a team, provided that the other team members know hes in charge. Otherwise, he is extremely self-absorbed and has regular bouts of maniacal self-aggrandisement.
- Large Ham: Niyazs hamminess actually serves a practical purpose. He has an extremely loud voice that allows him to command the minions created by his Stand from very far away; this is useful because the minions cant actually do anything without a verbal command.
- The Perfectionist: Despite constantly touting his arts greatness, Oscar is actually very insecure about it. Everything else he can draw perfectly; however, his inability to draw hands is the one thing that stops him from achieving perfection, and it infuriates him to no end.
- Portal Picture: The King of Limbs can pull people into pieces of art if Oscar catches them by surprise, and he can also enter artwork by pulling himself in.
- Puncha Wall: Oscar punches a hole through drywall in the middle of his rant about hands in R1 M20.
- Rebel Leader: Niyaz led an actual rebellion in Uzbekistan against the authoritarian Uzbek regime, leading to him becoming a fugitive.
- Shout-Out: Oscar K Computers name is derived from the Radiohead album OK Computer; Niyazs connection to Genghis Khan is also inspired by Miike Snows song Genghis Khan.
- Wicked Cultured: Niyaz always carries around a copy of Sun Tzu's Art of War and quotes from it regularly. He is also legitimately a genius, able to speak Turkish, Chinese and English fluently and is excellent at administration and battlefield tactics.
Mr Yes - ｢The Who｣ & ｢Heart of the Sunrise｣
- Artifact of Power: Heart of the Sunrise is a Stand that can pass from user to user, and Tunde and Buggy actually manage to steal it from Mr. Yes during the course of their match.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Thanks to the knowledge hes gained from being in power (spoiler) for hundreds of years, he can very easily predict the character traits and possible actions of his enemies.
- Badass Boast: Before his battle with Tunde and Buggy, Mr. Yes had this to say:
- Badass in a Nice Suit: A navy blue one entirely covered with the word YES.
- The Blank: The Who's face is a featureless black hole. While this prevents the Stand from being able to perceive anything by itself, it actually serves a purpose, as it allows Mr Yes to stuff Heart of the Sunrise inside of it to keep it from being stolen, as well as have a place for his head to go when he uses The Who as protective armour.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: His bio states that he went from a teen who joined Whos Next in the eighties, to one of the head of one of the groups four Quadrophenias, to the leader of the whole organisation after a coup in 2015. What actually happened was the original owner of the Who killed Mr Yes and took over his body, presumably sometime before joining Who's Next, and used his vast experience to quickly rise through the ranks of the organization.
- Grand Theft Me: The Whos true ability lets Mr. Yes pull this off to escape the players in Round 2 Match 9 by hijacking the body of Adele Fleming, fellow member of Whos Next. By that point, the players are too exhausted from their battle to pursue him, allowing him to escape scot-free.
- Killed Off for Real: Well, kind of. The body of Mr Yes is killed in the aftermath of Round 2 Match 9 by The Who's ability; however, his soul still lives on in Adele Fleming's body.
- Light 'em Up: Heart of the Sunrise is a unique variation of this trope, as it allows Mr. Yes to manipulate every form of light in the electromagnetic spectrum. The full list is as follows:
- Radio: Lets user listen to any radio transmissions from within the cone.
- Microwave: Boils water molecules in the cone at the rate of a microwave oven.
- Infrared: Gives user infrared vision superimposed over their regular vision.
- Visible: Basically a very high-powered flashlight.
- Ultraviolet: Burns skin and eye cells exposed to the cone for an extended period of time.
- X-Ray: Grants user X-Ray Vision of any area within the cone.
- Gamma: Its a cone of gamma radiation, with all of the harmful effects associated with it.
- Lightning Bruiser: The Who. It's fast, powerful and insanely durable; it's only real weaknesses are a lack of range and not having its own senses due to its lack of facial features.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Somewhat Downplayed. With all of his bones shattered by The Who coupled with the injuries the players have given him, hes still able to give a lengthy exposition dump to them after they spare him. Also Justified, since it bought him enough time for Adele Fleming to arrive so that he could swap his soul with her and survive the match.
- Power Incontinence: The Eminence Front technique, where Mr. Yes summons the body of The Who around himself as a suit of armour. Although it gives Mr Yes almost complete protection from harm thanks to The Whos A DUR stat, since Mr. Yes body is so frail, the simple act of moving around causes his bones to snap under the A POW A SPD stress.
- The Power of the Sun: The Visible setting of Heart of the Sunrise resembles the colours of a sunrise and effectively functions as intense sunlight.
- Really 700 Years Old: Thanks to The Whos soul swapping ability, Mr. Yes has been able to stay in a position of power in Whos Next for 830 years.
- Weak, but Skilled: Mr Yes has very little physical strength, moves very slowly and could be blown over by a stiff breeze. However, his power comes from his intellect and his ability to use his Stands in tandem with each other to devastating effect.
- Xanatos Gambit: The outcome of Round 2 Match 9 was a win for him in every way. If he beat the players, he would have eliminated two potential threats to Who's Next; if he didn't, he still would have been able to get a new, more physically capable body from Adele Fleming.
Tom Alcove - ｢Money Trees｣
- Action Dad: A proud father of one and an extremely capable Stand user.
- Badass Bookworm: His desk job at Section 80 and Lyte Ltd havent dampened his combat abilities at all. In fact, it's actually improved it, as seen in his Office Acrobatics skill.
- Badass Boast: Would have delivered one to the players in his boss match had he beaten them:
- Fragile Speedster: His Stand possesses both incredible speed and very low durability in both forms.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Despite his cold and detached attitude towards his co-workers, hes actually a polite, kind man who loves his son with all of his heart.
- Magnetism Manipulation: His Stand allows him to create and manipulate magnetic fields around objects.
- Magnetic Weapons: By bending magnetised Money discs into a cylinder and placing a Money spike inside, Tom can fire what is essentially an improvised railgun with a click of his pen.
- Married to the Job: Potentially the reason why his marriage fell apart. However, now that he has sole custody of his son, he actively tries to Defy this trope by devoting himself to his son on his days off.
- Morph Weapon: Money Trees can shift its appearance from a pen to a humanoid figure, with different abilities associated with each form.
- Orbiting Particle Shield: At the start of his match with Kaito and Noriko, he creates an orbiting barrier of swords made out of Money to block their attacks and turn himself into a human blender.
- Skunk Stripe: Sports a vertical one right across the front of his hair.
- Shock and Awe: By rapidly rotating the magnetic fields created by Money Trees around objects with a click of his pen, Tom can use Faradays Law of Induction to induce electricity of at least C Power into any metal that he magnetises.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Money Trees can manipulate magnetic fields, as well as produce and telekinetically reshape a special metal; it's also a high-quality ballpoint pen that contains endless supplies of blue, red and black ink.
Pao de Queijo - ｢Tribe Called Quest｣
- Anti-Hero: Despite her brutality and less-than-legal methods, Pao has genuinely noble intentions; she formed XI Ith Street as a way to fight back against the corruption that she saw in the Brazilian slums she grew up in.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Her near-mythical reputation with the local law enforcement caused all kinda of outcasts and rebels to flock to her leadership.
- Benevolent Boss: Gave all of her men a surprise day off so they could spend time with their families on a holiday. Mind you, this was also so that she could bait members of the Black Beetles to the now-empty headquarters and beat the absolute shit out of them.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Her maxed out stats in all of her physicals? All a result of intense training using her Stand.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Inflicts one on the man who framed her for murder once she breaks out of prison. His body is found so mangled and crushed it looked as if he had been run over by a truck.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: See above.
- The Dreaded: When she escaped from prison, the guards that tried to stop her were all completely rooted to the spot; they couldn't even raise their guns. This was actually the effect of her Stand's ability, but the guards believed that they were all literally paralysed with fear.
- Gravity Master: A unique example since she can only manipulate gravity by increasing it and/or redirecting it.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Pao's plan to deal with Gioia was to grab her Stand by the ankles and beat her with her own Stand.
- The Social Darwinist: Of a slightly different flavour than Mylo. She believes that Power, the ability to enact change on the world, is the only thing that matters; without it, ideals are completely useless.
- Tranquil Fury: When Nico first meets Pao, he immediately notices that despite her somewhat calm exterior, she is absolutely furious.