The Hero of the story, an orphan with no recollection of memories of his parents. The first male I.S. pilot found.
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: Justified, as his old school is ruled by delinquents.
- The Atoner: Post Tomoki/Lingyin related crisis.
- Awesomeness by Analysis
- Broken Ace: In the past
- Born Lucky: He is extremely talented in fighting arts
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Almost, he will put effort in anything he need to do, but otherwise, he's laid back.
- Bully Hunter
- Calling the Old Man Out: Seriously irked by Chifuyu's indifference sometimes.
- Determinator: When he's trying, anyway.
- Genius Bruiser: He's a brawler with top grade in science class.
- Good Is Not Soft: As of now
- Keet: Believe or not, he's used to be one.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Hardly proud of his reputation and accomplishment in the past, despite everyone's praising him.
- Incest Subtext: Occasionally implied by his action and response.
- Knight Templar: Ichika seeing himself in the past as a ruthless Tyrant that corrupted and oppressed people around him in the name of justice.
- Happiness in Slavery: How he think his followers feel.
- Made of Iron: Get stabbed during a fight and apparently could still fight well.
- My Greatest Failure: Still regretting what he had done in the past as Bully Hunter.
- Stepford Smiler
- Super Senses
- Red Baron: His title during the Junior High is Emperor of the Silver Throne
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to both Charles and Dan, color inverted because Dan is the red haired one.
- The Paragon: An inspiring, courageous leader with combat prowess to back it up, he drove ENTIRE SCHOOL to revise the way it works.
The Heroine of the story, twin sister of Ichika
- Action Girl
- All of the Other Reindeer
- Brilliant, but Lazy: PRETEND to be this, she's actually quite diligent.
- Big Brother Attraction: Head over heels for Ichika
- Broken Bird: In the process of recovery, tho
- Cold Sniper: Calculating and highly vicious in battle
- Characterization Marches On: She's portrayed much differently in the first three chapter, borderline Genki Girl.
- Gun Fu: Her speciality outside sniping
- Sword and Gun: To an extent
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Milder than most, she pretended to be lazy as excuse for her suspension.
- O.C. Stand-in
- Little Sister Heroine
- Shrinking Violet: In the past
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: In the present
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Well, protective sister to be exact.
The other male pilot, works as a spy for his father
- Anti-Villain: Sort of
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Broken Bird: Dude just too kind to be outright evil, and very regretful about what he had done.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Complete with man-boobs.
- The Mole
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Ichika's red.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive guy to Ichika's manly man.
- Technical Pacifist
- Wrestler In Allof Us: The only one who never once use his fist, instead he use Judo throw and grapples.
Ichika's close friend during Junior high
- The Atoner: Though not to the same extent as Ichika
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He's vice president under Ichika's banner of student council
- Ax-Crazy: Stark contrast to Ichika's Tranquil Fury, in the flashback
- Badass Normal: Normal guy with normal background, he still kick a lot of ass
- Fiery Redhead: His charade
- Number Two & The Lancer: To Ichika, especially in the flashback
- The Dragon: How he and his enemies think about him
- Obfuscating Stupidity: How he present himself in front of his family
- Poisonous Friend: Think he is this for Ichika, but not quite
- Red Baron: His former title is Red Right Hand of the Emperor
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Ichika's red, color inverted due to Dan's hair
- Heartbroken Badass: Implied.
- Cool Big Sis
- Memetic Badass: In-Universe example.
- Original Flavor: The only character who remains virtually unchanged from canon
- Spartan Sibling & Trickster Mentor: Deconstructed, this caused repeated friction with the younger cast, particularly the Twins.
Iori Kirishima (Iori Senbei)
Owner of the Kirshima Corporation, and one of Chifuyu's childhood friend.