The Player/The Wanderer/Marina
The protagonist of the story. One moment she's walking around, minding her own business, and then the next thing you know... BAM! SCREEEEECH!!! VROOOOM!!!! A massive car wreck occurs and the our hero awakens in a strange surreal world with strange new powers! Where is she? How did she get here? Is she dead? What happened? The only way to find out it seems, is to.....wander.....
- Action Girl
- And I Must Scream: Implied to be her fate at the end if she chooses the Black Waterfall.
- Babies Ever After: Maybe. After choosing the White Waterfall, the sounds of a baby crying are heard, and a very blurred image is shown, possibly implied to be Marina and Denis having been given a second chance at life, and they have started a family together.
- Batman Gambit: Certainly an impressive one! After finding out that they had manipulated her, She tricked Mikel, Oriol, and Ainara into using scuba equipment with tanks filled with regular air instead of the substance Nitrox (which is what they have been using to survive in Infernium due to the risk of decompression when leaving). As a result, once they had left, the other three were no longer able to enter Infernium, and the world would be safe from the place's influence.
- Death by Origin Story: She commits suicide by stepping out into an oncoming car at the beginning in order to travel to Infernium.
- Driven to Suicide: A bit of a tearjerker, but not super sad. Marina does kill herself, but it's only so that she can gain access to Infernium, become a Wanderer, and hopefully be reunited with Denis in the afterlife.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: She, "goes through Hell," in order to achieve her goal, and by choosing the White Waterfall, she finally realizes it!
- Flash Step: The Dash ability allows her to do this, giving her the ability to access areas she wouldn't be able to reach normally, and it even allows her to outrun even the fastest of enemies!
- Instant Expert: Played straight at first but then subverted, as she seemingly has just arrived in Infernium and yet she quickly gets a grasp of how the powers she obtains work and is able to complete the Edge Fortress rather fast. Understandable, as she has been to the realm before and has researched it well, so it would make sense that she know about the powers of Wanderers and how to get around the place already.
- Light 'em Up: The Flashlight power allows her to destroy certain foes by shining it on them for a few seconds.
- Light Is Good: She gains and uses light-based powers throughout her adventure, and she is one of the nicest people in the story.
- Nice Girl
- Weak, but Skilled and Strong and Skilled: She starts off as the former, not having the ability to directly attack her enemies, which forces her to strategically outmaneuver them and solve various puzzles in order to traverse Infernium. Later on however, as she obtains more powers, she eventually becomes the latter, being able to outsmart enemies and attack them back at the same time!
- The World Is Not Ready: In her 100th and 101st entries show she talks about how she wants to honor Denis' wish by keeping Infernium a secret while the others wanted to tell the world. She claims that it wouldn't be good for society to know about the realm now, as the world already has enough problems and that she wants things to stay as they are. Given all she and the others have been through in Infernium, one can hardly blame her for doing this.