open/close all folders
Voiced by: Fumihiko Tachiki (Japanese), Barry Yandell (English)The wise, benevolent leader of the gods. He was responsible for killing Touya by accident, and sent him to his new world as compensation.
- The Atoner: The plot began because God accidentally killed Touya. To atone, God resurrected him in a new world, made him The Ace, and is willing to advise Touya whenever needed.
- Easily Forgiven: Touya casually forgives God for the blunder which costed the former his life.
- God Is Flawed: The story starts because he killed the protagonist by mistake.
- God Is Good: Not only does he apologize for killing Touya, he even upgrades his smartphone and gives him magical powers? This God sure is a Nice Guy.
- God's Hands Are Tied:
- God explains in the very first scene that there's a rule against sending a dead mortal back to the world they came from and that he himself is bound by it.
- Later, God says that gods are not allowed to intervene in mortal affairs, unless another god broke that rule first. For example, if an evil god started wrecking havoc, the good gods would directly get involved to stop him. However, if some other Big Bad came along trying to conquer or destroy the world, they wouldn't do anything so long as they're a "resident" of that world (or ANY world). But, there's a catch. Touya, being a demigod, is exempt from that rule.
- The Gods Must Be Lazy: God admits that he rarely ever looks in on any of the various worlds he governs to see how things are going. If he weren't invested in Touya's second life, he would barely be watching the new world at all.
- Grandpa God: Is a Japanese version of this, wearing a kimono and a long beard.
- Have You Seen My God?: He sometimes neglects to check on a world or dimension for millennia, expecting mortals to take care of themselves. After dealing with a corrupt Papacy that had long lost its way due to worship of a false god, Touya asks him to look in a bit more often to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: He shows himself to a priestess named Phyllis to set her straight about her false god, Lars. When Phyllis returns to tell the Pope about what she's learned, she's branded a heretic and scheduled to be executed. When Touya rescues her, God appears again and apologizes for the situation, realizing that he just made things worse.
- So Proud of You: At one point, an angry priest of another religion condemns Touya and insults God. Touya responds by siccing Kohaku on him and saying that while insulting him is fine, no one can ever talk badly about God. God calls him immediately afterward to tell Touya how happy he was to be defended like that.
- Top God: He is the leader of the gods, and the most powerful of all.
Goddess of Love
Goddess of Love, aka "Karen Mochizuki"
Voiced by: Yui Horie (Japanese)A goddess whose sphere of expertise is Love.
- Cool Big Sis: Introduces herself to the party as Touya's older sister.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Hilda's grandfather, the world's first Gold-class adventurer (the highest level), gets knocked flat on his ass while trying to grope Karen.
- God in Human Form: She assumes the guise of Touya's eldest sister, Karen Mochizuki.
- Loophole Abuse: Gods aren't allowed to interfere with mortal affairs unless another god breaks that rule first. Karen, in pursuit of said fugitive god, takes the opportunity to live in mortal form for a while, as Touya's sister.
- Love Goddess: A literal goddess of Love who speaks to Touya and convinces him to accept Elze, Linze, Yae and Yumina as fiances.
- The Matchmaker: As the Goddess of Love, this is literally her job. But, more specifically, she pulls each girl aside to give them advice on how to woo Touya.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She's an extremely nice and friendly girl, and has soft pink-colored hair.
- Super Empowering: Anyone on good terms with Karen and sufficiently motivated by the Power of Love can tap into her power.
- Sweet Tooth: And Touya uses it as a restraint to keep her from leaking his secrets.
Goddess of Sword
Goddess of Sword, aka "Morohi Mochizuki"A goddess whose sphere of expertise is sword mastery.
- Always Someone Better: She's that "someone". As the greatest swordswoman in the world, she runs circles around Yae, Hilda and even Touya.
- Combat Clairvoyance: The moment a battle starts (whether she's participating or not), she can accurately predict who's going to win within a matter of seconds.
- Cool Big Sis: Like the Goddess of Love, she introduces herself as Touya's big sister. Yae and Hilda absolutely adore her.
- God in Human Form: She assumes the guise as older sister of Touya and younger sister to Karen, Morohi Mochizuki.
- Master Swordswoman: As expected of a goddess of swords.
- Mentor Archetype: She takes Yae and Hilda under her wing, seeing great promise in their sword skill. She says Touya has plenty of potential left as well.
- Super Empowering: Anyone on good terms with Morohi and sufficiently skilled in swordplay can tap into her power.