A list of characters from the webcomic Imp. Be wary of unmarked spoilers.
The Main Cast
Celina's imp, whom she created as a familiar to assist her.
- Abusive Parents: While Celina is not his parent, she is effectively his guardian, and she treats him horribly.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Being a demon, he is mocked and hated by most people, including his own witch. Even his friends tend to lash out at him in response to his unstable personality.
- Apologizes a Lot: Since he often believes everything is his fault, he's quick to apologize for even the smallest things.
- Barefoot Poverty: He goes without shoes for most of the story, since he loses his only pair partway through and cannot afford new ones.
- Best Served Cold: He would love to exact revenge on Celina for all the cruelty she's put him through, but her order for him to never hurt a human being prevents him from doing so. He is finally able to get his revenge when Zota breaks him free of her orders.
- Book Dumb: He struggles with reading, writing, and basic math. However, several characters help him improve throughout the story.
- Chekhov's Hobby: It is mentioned early on that he knows how to sew. He ends up putting this ability to use to raise money when Celina is bedridden.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: He and all other imps are blue, while humans, witches, and most other people are red. This may partially symbolize the sorrowful life he lives.
- Cute Little Fangs: His imp fangs are pretty adorable. When he's smiling and happy, that is.
- Dark Secret: After Beatrice kept him and Celina trapped in the inn and allowed her husband to rape him, he murdered her. He keeps this from Celina for a long time, which ends up making his thoughts and nightmares even worse than usual.
- Healing Factor: Like all imps, he heals very quickly, even regrowing lost limbs in less than a day.
- An Ice Person: When he begins using magic, he prefers using ice spells. This makes him and Celina a Fire/Ice Duo.
- Internalized Categorism: He despises himself, often believing the strangers who call him a monster and Celina's treatment of him as an object. His inner thoughts viciously assault him with this mentality, and he remarks multiple times that the world would be better off without him.
- "It" Is Dehumanizing: Celina refuses to call him by his proper pronouns, referring to him as "it." She does the same with all other imps.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: With all the hate and abuse he receives from both Celina and most strangers, he only wishes for someone to be able to truly love him.
- Never Given a Name: Same as most imps. He is simply referred to as "Celina's imp."
- One-Person Birthday Party: Subverted. He almost spends his fifteenth birthday alone in the basement, but Dolores ends up making a birthday cake for him and bringing it downstairs.
- Organ Theft: Played with. Because he heals so quickly, Celina sometimes takes the opportunity to remove his organs and sell them to other witches. However, she always makes sure he is anesthetized before doing so. On multiple occasions, nefarious strangers do the same thing to him for their own purposes, and they aren't so nice.
- Prone to Tears: He tries his best to keep a level head, but cruelty at the hands of Celina or other strangers often drives him to tears. Can you really blame him?
- Queer Romance: He ends up kissing Rune during a heated fight. He immediately apologizes in embarrassment, but later he drunkenly admits that he really enjoyed the moment.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: He finds a red scarf on the ground early on, and ends up wearing it for the entire story.
- Silent Treatment: After breaking free from Celina's orders, he refuses to talk to her.
- Thought Caption: His inner thoughts are frequently shown. Unlike other characters, his thought bubbles are shown in a vicious manner, portrayed as dark clouds with arms constricting him with his own negativity.
- Trauma Conga Line: This poor imp just can't seem to catch a break. In addition to suffering through Celina's cruelty, he has to put up with constant harassment from strangers, and sometimes Celina orders him to commit acts that are against his moral code.
A traveling witch who takes jobs disposing of invasive magic creatures. She created her imp to assist her, and has treated him with cruelty and abuse for most of his life.
- Abusive Parents: Her parents were just as abusive to their imps as she is to hers.
- Dark and Troubled Past: In addition to her poor relationship with Dolores, Celina ended up perpetrating the death of Dolores' imp Eleanor, at Eleanor's own request. She tricked Dolores into turning Eleanor to stone, then told their parents that Dolores killed her of her own accord. She told Dolores she only wanted what was best, but Dolores refused to speak to her for years and never forgave her.
- Fedora of Asskicking: She is rarely seen without her signature white fedora.
- For Your Own Good: Subverted. She abuses her imp purely to appease her philosophy that imps are merely tools, not people. She has no interest in improving him in any way.
- Functional Addict: She appears to be alcoholic.
- HeelFace Turn: She briefly appears to reform herself on multiple occasions, only to revert back to her cruel self soon after. She finally seems to truly change her ways after her imp breaks free from her control and she realizes how awful she has been.
- Playing with Fire: Her magic element of choice is green fire. This makes her and her imp a Fire/Ice Duo.
- Queer Romance: After an upsetting event, she asked Dolores' imp Eleanor to kiss her. Dolores found out and ended up furiously deriding and mocking her for it.
- Rage Breaking Point: She often tries — and fails — to behave rationally toward her imp before ultimately lashing out at him.
- Sibling Rivalry: She used to be on very poor terms with her sister Dolores, with Dolores frequently bullying her.
- Tears of Remorse: When her imp breaks free of her orders and refuses to speak to her, she tearfully apologizes for everything she's done and begs him to talk to her.
- Would Hurt a Child: Her imp is only fifteen years old, but she has no qualms about physically and verbally abusing him.
A golem from the city of Cantio. Celina's imp adopts him as a pet.
- Ambiguous Gender: Or, being a rock monster, they may have No Biological Sex. They go by "they" pronouns throughout the story.
- Little Stowaway: Celina's imp sneaks them out of the city in his bag. Celina is furious upon finding them, but allows them to tag along after being fascinated with their ability to form coherent sentences.
- Team Pet: Played relatively straight, though they are more often a voice of reason than a source of comic relief.
- Third-Person Person: They speak about everyone, including themself, in the third person.
- You No Take Candle: They speak in this manner, though their grammar slowly improves throughout the story.
Celina's older sister. She lives in a house in the woods with two children, and used to have an imp of her own named Eleanor.
- Abusive Parents: Her parents were extremely abusive not to her, but to their imps.
- Accidental Murder: Celina tricked her into turning Eleanor to stone.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Although she is kind to Celina and all imps in the present, she treated Celina quite horribly when they were younger.
- Deadly Gaze: She, along with most of her family, is cursed to turn whatever she looks at to stone.
- Eyes Always Shut: Her deadly gaze makes it a necessity.
- Foil: She has a calm and welcoming personality and doesn't tend to get angry, contrasting against her sister Celina's hotheadedness. This wasn't how she treated Celina when they were young, however.
- Heteronormative Crusader: Upon witnessing Celina kissing Eleanor, Dolores mocked her for it, insisting that she act like a "normal girl."
- Sibling Rivalry: She and Celina were on very poor terms as kids, with her frequently bullying Celina and calling her bad names. Celina often retaliated with pranks, increasing their tension even further.
- That Was the Last Entry: Her journal abruptly ends after she writes about murdering Eleanor, stating she is unable to write any more.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Unlike Celina, she treats imps humanely, especially her own.