Back to Main Page
Separated into two factions. The Horde who revere the thirst and drink blood. And the Forbearers lead by Kristoff, the next in line for the Forbearer throne and composed of turned mortals who have promised not to drink from the flesh. The Dacians, a secret soceity who are believed to be a true myth
Tropes shared by all Vampires:
- Achilles' Heel: The sun, with less effectiveness as the vampire ages. Beheading, as is for all Immortals.
- Always Male: The female vampires all died a long time ago and no female has ever been turned successfully except for Ellie.
- It turns out though there are still a many Dacian women, but they've been kept in Dacia in an attempt to keep them safe from the plague killed off all the female Horde vampires and presumably some of the Dacians
- Ax-Crazy: The Majority of the horde are this.
- Cannot Tell a Lie: Born vampires cannot tell a lie, when they try their throats burn and seize up.
- Fur Against Fang: The Horde are in a war with the Lykae, (it's all that torturing the Lykae King). The Forbearers however have an uneasy alliance through marriage.
- The Lykae Queen is both a half-vampire and the niece-in-law of Vampire directly under the Forbearer King. Plus the Lykae are allied with the Valkyrie and the Valkyrie are allied with the Forbearers. Well, the Forbearers are refusing to allow the Valkyries not to accept their alliance and the marriages make things harder.
- Glowing Eyes: Those who haven't killed someone drinking them to death have black eyes with strong emotion. Those who have, have glowing red "Uh-Oh" Eyes.
- Kiss of the Vampire: Some of the Brides have discovered this to their embarassment. At first
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Power of Love: Meeting their Bride makes their heart's beat again which makes them much stronger.
- Red String of Fate: Played straight. When they meet their Bride a vampire's heart starts beating, they regain they ability to breathe, becoming far stronger. And they get an erection which can only be relieved while touching or by their Bride.
- Stronger with Age: Played straight.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Vampires can trace (a different name for teleport) to places they remember.
- The Ageless/The Undead: Born vampires are ageless after maturity. Turned vampires are both ageless and undead.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: Mortals who are converted have to wait for their Bride. Immortals have this after freezing into their immortality until they meet their Bride.
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: It's a Romance Novel series.
- Weakened by the Light: They burn in the sun and will die if they stay in it long enough. Exceptions are Daywalking Vampires, usually Non Human Humanoid Hybrids.
Tropes shared by all Dacian Vampires:
- Casting a Shadow: Well, Mist but the ability remains the same.
- Curse: Subverted, the centuries of infighting after Serghei's death was blamed on Ivana the Bold's dying curse. Except Ivana wasn't a witch and it was clearly not a curse.
- Floating Continent: Hidden by the mists.
- Royally Screwed Up: See the curse above.
- Succession Crisis: The only contenders left were cousins who didn't really want the throne, but didn't want the others to have it.
- Superior Species: Consider themselves this to the Horde because they don't drink from the flesh.
Lothaire DacianoAKA Enemy of the Old. His Bride is Ellie Ann Peirce
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Also a HeelFace Revolving Door as he does it to the same groups and they are surprised.
- Deal with the Devil: Lothaire is the Devil doing deals.
- Love Redeems: Subverted, He's certainly less evil and more sane after falling in love with Ellie but he's not redeemed enough.
- Names to Run Away From: Enemy of Old
- Royally Screwed Up: He's not totally sane, and later becomes king of the Dacians
- The Starscream: To Fyodor, Demestriu and Omort at different points to further his endgame.
- The Older Immortal: He and Nix bond over this at one point.
Trehan DacianoAKA Trehan, Prince of Shadows. His Bride is Bettina.
- Last Guy Wins: Over Caspion.
- Forced Prize Fight: To the death. He volunteers so that he can win his Bride in marriage.
- Happily Married: Eventually, to Bettina.
- Names to Run Away From: Prince of Shadows. Of the House of Shadows.
- Professional Killer: It's his job to kill anyone who leaves Dacia.
- The Rival: To Caspion, for Bettina.
Tropes shared by all Forbearer Vampires:
- Friendly Neighbourhood Vampires: Compared to the Horde anyway.
Conrad WrothYoungest Wroth brother and a member of the Kapsliga Uur while alive, he fought vampires from the age of thirteen. Mortally wounded in an attack on his family's home he was transformed into a Vampire by his brother Nikolai.
- Ax-Crazy: he cuts his own hand of with an ax to get out of handcuffs, Good Thing You Can Heal
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: The Kapsliga Uur are a threat the whole story but they do mortally wound Neomi.
- What Have I Become?: He was a member of a vampire fighting group for nearly 15 years before his Emergency Transformation. They view his existence as a vampire with their mark as an Old Shame and if he had time between their attempts to kill him he would be upset over it.
KristoffAKA The Grave WalkerOnly remaining legitimate heir to the Horde throne, Kristoff was raised by humans to keep him safe from his family.
- Friendly Neighbourhood Vampire: He's the leader and the poster boy of the Forebearer whose biggest rule not to drink live blood.
- Hidden Backup Prince: He was raised by humans after the man next in line ordered him killed and he was spared.
- Royal Blood: Rightful ruler of the Horde.
Murdoch WrothSecond oldest of the Wroth brothers. His Bride is The Valkyrie Dani.
- The Charmer:
- Ladykiller in Love: With Dani.
- Old Shame: His playboy ways, when he is trying to win Dani over.
- Put on a Bus: After his Happily Ever After with Dani, neither have been mentioned.
Nikolai WrothAKA the Overlord.Oldest of the Wroth brothers, fomerly an Estonian nobleman he and his brothers led the rebellion in The Great Northern War against Russia. They lost and he was mortally wounded. He and his brothers all became vampires. Nikolai is a General in the Forbearer army and his Bride is the Valkyrie Myst.
- Bargain with Heaven: Nikolai initially rejects Kristoff's offer of an Emergency Transformation because he's okay with dying.
- Kristoff offers him the chance to turn his brothers, some of his friends and allies, several hundred years to safeguard his mortal family and the title of General. In return he has to swear fealty to Kristoff and accept the vampire blood. He accepts.
- Combat Pragmatist: Uses guns and acid weapons, things traditionally considered only for humans to slow down the enemy vampires and then kill them.
- Also his actual sword fighting skills are this, not to the extent of some older immortals as Myst thinks he still fights too cleanly when she watches but he values life over clean fighting.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Well he's a Forbearer General, taking blood from the source is against their rules.
- The Leader: Amongst his brothers, Estonia during the Great Northern War and even now he is highly ranked in the Forbearer army and has his King's respect.
- The Captain: Well he's actually a general in rank, but otherwise he fits this trope, fighting in a battle to take a Horde castle for the Forbearers.
Sebastian WrothThird oldest Wroth brother and a respected scholar, he was. Mortally wounded in an attack on his family's home he was transformed into a Vampire by his brother Nikolai. His Bride is Kaderin the Cold Hearted.
- Badass Bookworm: Just because he's The Smart Guy doesn't mean he isn't as good with a sword as his brothers.
- Chaste Hero: Doubles as Love Hurts, when he was a mortal his very few experiences were not good and he was often mocked for his size.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: He has never bitten anyone.
- Geeky Turn-On: He gets excited by the fact Kaderin can talk science with him.
- Honor Before Reason: He's a death before dishonor kind of guy.
- Teleporters and Transporters: He discovers a way to teleport to a person instead of a place.
- The Smart Guy: Of the four Wroth brothers he is the smartest.
- What Have I Become?: He didn't want to be turned and lives a hermit like experience until he meets Kaderin.