WARNING: This page may contain unmarked spoilers.
- Celebrity Survivor
- Character as Himself
- Cloudcuckoolander: Seen doing an array of odd things to kill time, like a tuning a broken piano or mopping the floor with more blood.
- Greek Chorus: Acts as the commentator and narrator of the show.
- Sanity Slippage: Clearly traumatised by the zombie apocalypse (See Cloudcuckoolander above for some examples).
The Monroe Shopping Centre Survivors
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Has quite a short fuse, to say the least
- Oop North: Hails from Leeds
- Ping-Pong Naïveté: Trains as a runner... but doesn't know what 'agility' means.
- Bad "Bad Acting": To get past the horde, he had to pretend to be a zombie himself. They were fooled... somehow.
- Break the Haughty: Starts off rather confident but as time progresses, he is evidently shaken by some events.
- I Love the Dead: Jokingly admits to having a thing for the Bride Zombie.
- Facial Horror: Has a large portion of her face torn off by the Abomination.
- Karmic Death: The main instigator of Jordan's death but ends up being left to be killed by the Abomination later on as well.
- Lady Macbeth: Plots with the other survivors to send Jordan to get killed in the air vents.
- Team Mom
- Token Evil Teammate
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Believed Tasha was from another group of survivors trying to sabotage the group. The reality was much, much worse.
- Also believed the Abomination was a slow zombie due to his size. He wasn't.
- Character Death: Killed after re-adjusting the water supply.
- Handicapped Badass: He is a single amputee athlete and fitness instructor who also competed to be in the London Paralympics.
- The Heart: Well-liked by pretty much all the other survivors and most of the audience.
- Character Death: Killed by the Abomination fixing a cooling fan in the air vents.
- Eye Scream: Has his eye bitten off by the Abomination
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: Seems to blame himself for Jonas' death while directing him through to the water valve.
- Mauve Shirt
- Sixth Ranger: Arrives midway through the series, along with Nic and Tasha.
- Suicide Mission: The other survivors see him as a liability, and so send him out on a mission alone to get killed.
- The Generic Guy
- Death by Irony: His introduction mentions him as liking to run, and he dies running right into a zombie's reach
- Action Dad
- Character Death: Killed when caught by a blind zombie while getting supplies at the abandoned supermarket
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Is the first survivor to die
- Handicapped Badass: He's a deaf mixed martial artist.
- Oop North: Comes from York.
- Sixth Ranger: Arrives midway through the series, along with Jordan and Tasha.
- Absurd Phobia
- Character Death: Swarmed by zombies while attempting to flee.
- City Mouse
- Why Did It Haveto Be Snakes?
- Camp Gay
- Character Death: Killed by a zombie just after succeeding in turning the camp's power back on.
- Fan Boy: Adores Lady Gaga.
Common tropes concerning the zombies as a whole are:
- Eye Scream: The infection begins in the eyes... which eventually causes them to burst in the zombies' sockets.
- New Media Are Evil: They are the product of an untested 'new Wi-Fi grid' called 5G.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Type P.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The infection that creates zombies starts with the eyes, turning them blood red.
- Zombie Gait: Most are the generic shufflers but there are the odd speedy ones about.
- Eye Scream: One of the blind zombies - not that that makes him any less dangerous.
- Hero Killer: Has contributed to three deaths in the show, personally killing Luke and Jonas and being one of the zombies who caught Sara.
- Incongruously Dressed Zombie: Wearing a wedding suit. His wife, the Bride Zombie, can be seen several times as well.
- Lean and Mean
- Determinator: Its behaviour in Episode 2 can only be described as 'relentless'.
- Hero Killer: Kills Thom in the air vents and was part of the horde that devoured Sara.
- Incongruously Dressed Zombie
- Police Brutality: Up to Eleven
- The Dreaded: This thing is so dangerous, it eats other zombies.
- Elite Zombie
- Hero Killer: Mauls both Jordan and Jackie to pieces
- Kill It with Ice: Vulnerable to cold temperatures and the survivors exploit this by leading him into a freezer, subduing him.
- Large and in Charge: A hulking behemoth that dwarfs all the others.
- Lightning Bruiser: It is fast as well as big.
- Locked in a Freezer: How the survivors finally get rid of him.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- No Zombie Cannibals: Hoo boy, is this averted.