Characters from IDOLiSH7.
Note: All names are written in Eastern Order, family name first.
- Darker and Edgier: They're considered to be the brightest group of the lot, but their song for BĻACK OR WHiTE 2019 has them going up against ZOOL with "Mr.AFFECTiON", a gritty electropop track that takes influences from dubstep. It still has their trademark idealistic lyrics however, so it's not all dark.
- Lighter and Softer: The most idealistic group of the lot, with a heavy pop vibe and optimistic lyrics. Even when they go Darker and Edgier, they don't quite give up their idealistic vibe.
- Numerical Theme Naming: They run the gamut from 1 to 7.
- The Power of Friendship: What eventually drives them to work together. They have their differences and conflicts, but ultimately their strong friendship that builds over the course of the game allows them to achieve their dreams together.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Probably the most varied group out of the four. The group consists of: a snarky perfectionist who is insistent on his dislike of cute things, an aloof Master Actor who has some major issues with his past, the perfectionist's grinder of an older brother who has some issues with his height, a lazy dancing genius who only seems to be focused on his love of pudding, a gentle soul who can easily turn into a Yandere if they aren't careful, a Funny Foreigner whose love of a magical girl anime tops anything else, and a energetic Ill Boy who often disregards his health to keep on performing. On top of that, all of them have some sort of issues or dark backstory that pushed them into becoming idols.
- Team Spirit: Their success comes from them working together as a unit, and the times that they don't quickly backfire against them.
- Theme Table: Every member has a music symbol, a number, and a color.
- True Companions: It took a while for them to get there, but they slowly learn how to work together to form one cohesive team.
Voiced by: Toshiki Masuda
Mitsuki's younger brother. Iori has a calm and collected personality. He's polite towards his superiors, but in fact has a poison tongue. His parents run a cake shop called "fonte chocolat", and the cute interior of the shop has led to him liking cute things, something he tries to keep secret from everyone else. For as much as he can carry out anything perfectly, he's weak in the face of adversity.
Associated with: double flat, the number 1, black (sometimes indigo or dark blue)
- Academic Athlete: When asking Iori why he wanted to become an idol, Tsumugi tells him that since he can do anything, he was most likely scouted by the student council and sports teams at school.
- The Ace: He prides himself on his efficiency in all fields.
- Alliterative Name: Izumi Iori.
- Big Brother Worship: Admires and cares for Mitsuki a lot, even going so far as to agree to being scouted only if Mitsuki gets to be scouted as well.
- Big Little Brother: Looks a lot older than Mitsuki and has a lot more appeal to the various idol agencies the two Iori brothers auditioned for.
- Broken Ace: He may look perfect in many aspects, but his personality caused him to have no friends at school. He also has some complexes regarding how his love of cute things is perceived with regards to his usual perfectionism, and how he's unable to help people on his own because of his aforementioned harsh personality.
- Brutal Honesty: He's not afraid to make his feelings known if the situation calls for it, whether it's Riku or Tsumugi. He even calls the latter an idiot multiple times.
- Cry Cute: He rarely cries, but my lord does he look ever so adorable while crying. Too bad it comes at a time where he forgot to sing.
- Cuteness Proximity: He tries to keep a lid on it, though.
- Deadpan Snarker: Oh is he ever. He's more than willing to lay down the snark if something displeases him.
- In-Series Nickname: "Ichi" by Yamato, "Iorin" by Tamaki.
- Last-Name Basis: Refers to everyone (besides his brother) by their last name.
- My Greatest Failure: He considers forgetting to sing at Music Festa this, and holds onto it until long after everyone else has forgiven him.
- Not So Above It All: Iori insists he doesn't like cute things.
- Not So Stoic: Is usually unflappable, but forgetting to sing at Music Festa causes him to run off without a word, then proceeds to apologize repeatedly in front of everyone while weeping once they find him.
- Only Sane Man: Like his brother, he has to continuously keep everyone in check so that their images as idols don't backfire on them.
- The Perfectionist: Very particular with the group's performance, including himself. This makes his error at Music Festa hit him even harder.
- Personality Blood Types: Type A.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Dark-haired and has the pale skin to compliment it.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Riku's red.
- The Reliable One: Tsumugi now and then consults him for managing advice.
- The Snark Knight: If he can find something to snark about you, he can and definitely will dish it out as much as possible. Just ask poor Riku.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: He's not particularly tall, but he has the dark hair, looks, and sarcasm to more than make up for it.
- Tsundere: Although he isnt the type of tsundere that has common fits of anger, Iori has a tendency to blush and scowl while denying his true feelings. Frequent examples include Iori finding Riku cute and his attempts to keep his love of cute things hidden.
- Undying Loyalty:
- Iori is fiercely loyal to his brother. He usually takes Mitsuki's side during arguments, sometimes rather blindly.
- When Mitsuki decides to leave the dorm after his fight with Yamato in Part 3, Iori follows after him because he doesn't want Mitsuki to be by himself.
- Unmanly Secret: Contrary to what his profile says, Iori actually adores all things cute. He loves the "Usamimi Friends Collection", a franchise of various rabbit-themed collectables.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: He's still in high school, yet he occasionally assists Tsumugi in managing the group, providing some strong insights on the group's direction. Even Mitsuki wonders why Iori was the younger brother considering his behavior.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Has this dynamic with Riku. They both argue with each other a lot but they ultimately care for each other in the end. Iori often goes out of his way to encourage Riku when he's feeling down, even though he often snarks at Riku for his behavior.
- Younger Than They Look: Looks and behaves like a mature adult, yet he's only 17; still in high school and is the one of the youngest members next to Tamaki.
Voiced by: Yusuke Shirai
The leader of IDOLiSH7. Yamato pretends to be aloof, but he's actually passionate and thinks of the other members more than anyone else. Before he joined the agency, he held a cold recognition akin to hatred regarding the entertainment world. He usually refers to himself using "ore", but he'll sometimes use Oniisan as well due to being the oldest of the group.
Associated with: sharp, the number 2, green
- Adjusting Your Glasses: What he does when he's ready to go at something seriously.
- Berserk Button: Don't casually bring up Chiba Shizuo or compare them, for that matter. Yamato really hates talking about him, especially when it's about Yamato's upbringing.
- Big Brother Mentor: He tries to play it off, but at his core he's really this.
- Birthday Hater: Yamato mentions in his Rabbit Hoodie Rabbit Chat that the atmosphere before his birthday is stifling because it makes him remember his family.
- Blind Without 'Em: Confirmed when Nagi stole Yamato's glasses.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Yamato's actually a good, reliable leader and an extremely talented actor, but he'd much rather be drinking a beer or sleeping the day away instead.
- The Confidant: The only member that knows Iori has been helping Tsumugi with management. He is also approached by Tamaki when the latter has some concerns with regards to Sougo.
- Deadpan Snarker: Not to the extent of Iori, but he can dish out the snark if he wants to.
- Feeling Their Age: Yamato often avoids or blames his problems on using his age (e.g. his lack of stamina compared to the younger members of IDOLiSH7). Mind you, he's only 22.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Does this in spades in Part 3, especially after he takes on the acting part in Mission. He gets better about it, though, after all of the drama surrounding his past finally gets revealed.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Yamato wants nothing more than to be loved and praised by the people he cares about. However, as Yuki tells Yamato in his "The Reason You Suck" Speech, Yamato is deeply ashamed of this because he doesn't think the other members will want him after they learn about his past and his true colors, and thus he doesn't see himself as worthy of their support. As a result, he compensates through his work instead and pushes others away in an attempt to keep them from knowing the truth about him, all the while harshly criticizing himself because it isn't really him the members love, but a facade that he thinks they'll love.
- Like Father, Like Son: Yamato's father, Chiba Shizuo, is one of Japan's most famous actors. Much to his immense displeasure, Yuki doesn't hold back in comparing the two of them and their similarities from time to time.
- In-Series Nickname: "Yama-san" by Tamaki. Sometimes called "Megane" by Gaku.
- The Leader: The Levelheaded type, and overlaps with Supporting Leader.
- Manly Tears: Finally shed once he comes clean about his past to the members and apologizes to them—though they tell him he has nothing to be sorry about because they're happy to be with him.
- Master Actor: Yamato's acting ability is something akin to natural-born genius. Has overlapped with The Power of Acting on multiple occasions.
- Mysterious Past: Not much is known about his past until Part 3.
- The Nicknamer: Not to the same extent as Tamaki, but he has a few for some of the characters.
- Not a Morning Person: Mitsuki develops creative (horrible) ways for Sougo to wake up Yamato because of this.
- Not So Stoic: After listening to Yuki's scolding and choking him in anger, Yamato finally breaks down in tears.Nikaidou Yamato: . Please, please stop saying such cruel things .Nikaidou Yamato: Be kind to me, even if I do things wrong .
- OOC Is Serious Business: Yamato is usually aloof and doesn't let his emotions get the best of him, so even Yuki's caught off-guard when Yamato tries to silence his "The Reason You Suck" Speech by outright choking him.
- Papa Wolf: He can get very protective over the younger members of IDOLiSH7.
- Revenge: His stated reason for becoming an idol. In Part 3, he finally elaborates on this. Yamato wanted to be an idol so that he could expose the secrets of Chiba Salon out of anger, ultimately to spite his father, who never bothered to tell Yamato he was an illegitimate son in the first place. Or at least that was his plan, until he got attached to IDOLiSH7 and realized how much their dreams meant to them...and how badly it would affect them if he went through with it.
- Sand In My Eyes: You'll never get a tear out of Yamato, or at least that's what he wants you to believe.
- Significant Birth Date: Yamato is born on Valentine's Day.
- Supporting Leader: He's the leader of the group, but he's not the central protagonist.
- Team Dad: He looks after the other members like one, though he prefers being referred to as the big brother.
- Tsurime Eyes: His eyes noticeably slant upwards, in comparison to the others' eyes. He's not arrogant by any means though, but he can be pretty upfront when he wants to.
Voiced by: Tsubasa Yonaga
Iori's older brother. Despite his energetic, bright, cute exterior, there's also a side to him that is brimming with chivalry and is a very helpful older brother. He's dreamt of being an idol since he was young, but because of his height he hasn't been blessed with many opportunities. Among the members he is especially enthusiastic about his job, and fills the role of team mood maker.
Associated with: flat, the number 3, orange
- Always Someone Better: Mitsuki loves Iori, but given how perfect the latter is he sometimes can't help but wonder why Iori wasn't the older brother.
- Ascended Fanboy: He was inspired by Zero to pursue the dream of becoming an idol, with Takanashi Productions finally making it come true.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Is often the tsukkomi to nearly everyone's (but most often Nagi's) boke.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Mitsuki has been forced to crossdress several times throughout the series because of his cute appearance. Mitsuki has also before been mistaken as both Iori's girlfriend and as a (female) lover of Nagi's.
- In-Series Nickname: "Mitsu" by Yamato, "Mikki" by Tamaki.
- Keet: Exciteable, and he's considered to be the "mood-maker" of the group when he auditioned.
- The Napoleon: Due to his non-apparent age and short status, he frequently gets annoyed at those who bring it up.
- Older Than They Look: Despite his stature, he is one of the oldest members in IDOLiSH7 at age 21.
- Only Sane Man: He frequently calls out the others for their ridiculous antics and is perfectly willing to start hitting them if things get out of control.
- Personality Blood Types: Type O.
- Significant Birth Date: His birthday is on Hinamatsuri (3/3).
- Stepford Smiler: Deep down, he actually has self-confidence issues and finds himself wondering on whether he'd be forgotten or remembered as part of IDOLiSH7. This comes to play in part 2 where he listened in on two fans thinking poorly of his recent variety show activities to the point that when Nagi confronts him of how Mitsuki seemed down a few chapters later, he burst into tears.
- Supreme Chef: Particularly with desserts, which makes sense as his family owns a bakery. He even has a food preparation license!
- Tareme Eyes: His eyes are noticeably bigger than the others, drooping at the corners. While he's pretty soft at times, he can get pretty fiery if something annoys him (usually Nagi).
- Team Chef: Mitsuki prepares most of IDOLiSH7's meals daily, and when he's not on kitchen duty, he's supervising.
- Tender Tears: Mitsuki is very easily moved to tears.
Voiced by: KENN
A lazy genius character. Tamaki entered the entertainment world for a reason the other members aren't aware of. He's an individualist that goes at his own pace; he doesn't give fanservice to fans he meets on the street, keep his promises, or show up to things on time. However, there's also an earnest side to him that'll do anything for King Pudding.
Associated with: mezzo piano, the number 4, cyan
- Ambiguous Disorder: Some of Tamaki's traits (such as his difficulties with verbal communication or his fixation on pudding) could indicate that he is on the autism spectrum.
- Anger Born of Worry: Usually because of Sougo.
- April Fools' Day: In addition to celebrating his birthday, the game often springs a mini game themed around him and King Pudding.
- Alcoholic Parent: His father, who also overlaps with Parental Neglect.
- Big Eater: Notably, he likes sweets, preferably King Pudding.
- Chick Magnet: Despite his age, Tamaki attracts quite a lot of women, to his dismay.
- Friend to All Children: As evidenced by several of his rabbit chats, he likes children and is good with them.
- Genius Ditz: Tamaki isn't very book smart, his room's a mess, and if he had it his way he'd probably just eat King Pudding all day. But absolutely no one can beat his dancing skills.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: He may look intimidating, but it's quickly revealed that he's actually quite soft and pretty naive about the world around him.
- Innocently Insensitive: He doesn't really realize the consequences of what he says until they actually manifest later.
- In-Series Nickname: "Tama" by Yamato.
- I Will Find You: He became an idol to find his younger sister Aya.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Tamaki mentions in his Rabbit Hoodie Rabbit Chat that he thinks he's useless like his father because although he hasn't hit Sougo, he's thought about it, and Sougo hides stuff from Tamaki like his mother did from his father; however, unlike his father, Tamaki is kind because he refused to leave Sougo's side after he collapsed and stop searching for Aya.
- Living Lie Detector: Tamaki isn't good at a lot of things (such as getting to the point), but he's good at reading emotional changes.
- Missing Mom: Died when he was very young.
- Mr. Fanservice: Have you seen his cards? Most of them show his abs and chest.
- The Nicknamer: Give nicknames to people he meets.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: Tamaki wears his cat hoodie under his school blazer.
- Perpetual Frowner: Tamaki's got a resting frown on a regular basis, even during live broadcasts.
- Personality Blood Types: Type B.
- Promotion to Parent: Tamaki acts as a parent to his younger sister, Aya.
- Significant Birth Date: His birthday is on April Fools' Day.
- The Social Expert: Tamaki is able to pick up on emotions and immediately shift his behavior based on emotional changes in others.
- Trademark Favorite Food: King Pudding. He will literally do anything if it's involved.
- Tragic Keepsake: A four-leaf clover key chain, made by his mother. It matches the one Aya has.
- Younger Than They Look: The tallest member of the group, but he's 17, the youngest member next to Iori.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Literally even!
Voiced by: Atsushi Abe
A serious, kind, likable young man. Sougo has a strong sense of responsibility, is smart, and can carry out anything with excellence; but he hasn't figured out his own individuality, and he has a tendency to worry on his own. Despite normally being gentle, if he loses all restraint he can become uncontrollable...
Associated with: mezzo forte, the number 5, purple
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's very polite and caring, but he had almost hit a burglar on the head with a computer in order to protect Tamaki.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: Sougo has a penchant for extremely spicy food.
- Boobs-and-Butt Pose: Most famously but not limited to his Joker Flag card.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Sougo and alcohol mixed together usually ends up bad for people near him and himself.
- Covert Pervert: According to Nagi's work experience rabbit chats, Sougo is a "quiet pervert" in his opinion.
- Hair Antennae: He has a notable hair sticking out from the back of his head.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: It's really telling that he writes himself in the list of things the dislikes. Not without reason either. He once lived in a strict household.
- In-Series Nickname: "Sou" by Yamato, "Sou-chan" by Tamaki.
- Lethal Chef: Sougo isn't a bad chef, but due to his preference for spicy food, it leads to him spiking his cooking with excessive amounts of hot sauce. His fellow teammates wouldn't be against the idea of their food not tasting like Satan prepared and seasoned it himself... and keeping him away from sharp objects (mostly for Tamaki's sake)...
- Parents as People: Not Sougo, but his father. By raising Sougo strictly out of Tough Love, his father didn't realize that what he did to raise his son made Sougo have such a low opinion on himself and unable to speak up on his own defense until further into part 3 where Sougo finally spoke up about himself in Mezzo's radio show after confronting his father.
- Purple Is Powerful: Sougo is seen as "cool" and was born rich.
- Secretly Wealthy: Sougo is the son of the FSC's chairman, but ran away from home (and was subsequently disinherited) to pursue a music career.
- Sentimental Drunk: You're more likely to get drunk Sougo to talk about his feelings than asking him when he's sober.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: Subverted. He's the son of FSC's chairman and initially had his life all planned out for him, meaning that he really didn't have any interests outside of his home life. It wasn't until by Otoharu Takanashi that he realized he wanted to pursue a life for himself and pursued a music career, becoming more well-adjusted to his newfound "normal" life, even with his issues.
- Team Mom: He's generally seen as a motherly figure by the other members, often trying to take care of the others and lifting them up when they are down.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Sougo's alcohol tolerance is so bad that he can't remember what happened the night before.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Sougo is described as this once by Nagi as he's generally a polite, reserved figure that often takes care of others. Push it too far however...
- Yandere: Sougo was designed with this image in mind. In-universe, he tends to play these kinds of characters in IDOLiSH7's variety dramas, I7 Academy and I7 Police.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: He's a polite soul, but push his buttons and he will snap like no other. Just ask Tamaki about the microwave incident.
Voiced by: Takuya Eguchi
A half-Japanese from a northern European country. He is quick to use sweet words to charm women. Nagi was born with good looks and natural charisma, but his love of anime from his Japanese mother complicates that. Because of his appearance and personality he didn't have many friends growing up, so he cherishes and loves the other members.
Associated with: natural, the number 6, yellow
- But Not Too Foreign: He's half-Japanese, half-Northmarean.
- The Charmer: He somehow managed to instantly snag a modelling gig purely on the basis of his looks.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: In Part 1, Nagi, Tamaki, and Yamato run into terrorists threatening a bomb attack on the way to TRIGGER's live. In a side story pertaining to that chapter, it is revealed that Nagi has been trained in self-defense and taught himself offense, and singlehandedly deals with the terrorists until the police arrive in the name of his Kokona merchandise and the safety of his friends. According to himself, he has quite the aim with guns.. Talk about a 180.
- Does Not Like Men: He just prefers talking to women.
- Dumb Blond: Subverted. Because of his Japanese pronunciation, people assume that Nagi is an idiot when in reality Nagi can speak 8 languages (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Northmarean, and Norwegian).
- Even the Guys Want Him: More than once have the other members of the cast talked about how beautiful Nagi is. Especially his eyes.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Nagi's beauty is heavily emphasized by the fact that he's half Northmarean.
- Friend to All Living Things: Besides people, Nagi is also an animal charmer, claiming cats follow him on his walks.
- Gentle Giant: He's one of the tallest members and is a nice person overall, if you ignore his constant womanizer and fanboy tendencies.
- Gratuitous English: As a reminder of his foreigner status.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's a nice guy underneath it all and has the bright blonde hair to back it up.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: He's generally pretty naive about the world and working together in a team, which leads to much yelling by Mitsuki.
- In-Series Nickname: "Nagicchi" by Tamaki.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Haruki.
- King Incognito: Heavily implied to be of some royal importance in Northmare.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Until he joined up with IDOLISH7, he didn't actually have any friends due to his life back home and even admits that the group are his first true friends.
- Mysterious Past: Unlike the others, he just showed up out of nowhere to become an idol and rarely discusses himself personally. No one has particularly tried to pry at it, just accepting him as he is. It's revealed that the songwriter for Zero came to his country and befriended him, spurring him to bring the songs back to Japan.
- Otaku: Loves anime and particularly loves the magical girl anime Magical Kokona.
- OOC Is Serious Business: When he leads a press conference in Part 2, even his own members are surprised by how different he was from the Nagi they usually see.
- Personality Blood Types: Type AB.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Absolutely shameless when it comes to his love of Magical Kokona, and his room has merchandise of his favorite show everywhere. His dream date is taking his partner on a magical trip to Akihabara.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: When the group moves into their dorms, he declares it all to be his and is baffled that he only just get one room.
- Super Drowning Skills: It is revealed in the Summer Memories Rabbit Chats that Nagi cannot swim.
- Twinkle in the Eye: Usually happens when talking about Magical Kokona.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Many of the members comment about how beautiful Nagi's eyes are up-close, often saying that his beauty might just kill them.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Nagi was born and raised in Northmare, so he often inserts non Japanese words into his sentences and speaks Japanese like a foreigner (except for when he speaks slowly in which case he loses the accent completely).
- Younger Than They Look: Lampshaded In-Universe by Riku in the 1-1 side story. He guessed that Nagi was 25, but was shocked to hear that he's only 19.
Voiced by: Kensho Ono
The center of IDOLiSH7. While Riku may be a bit clumsy, he's also honest, a hard worker, and a softhearted person that can't turn down a request. He had poor health as a kid, and the make-believe show his older brother showed him was the only enjoyment he had as he fought his illness. Since he spent a long time in the hospital, he doesn't know much about the world. He often fights with Iori, but actually finds enjoyment in it since he hasn't had that kind of partner before.
Associated with: double sharp, the number 7, red
- Big Brother Worship: Even when he's being upset over Tenn, Riku still looks up to him a lot. One line even has Riku calling him an angel.
- Bookworm: He read a lot in the hospital. In his day-off card shows him reading. Iori is very surprised that Riku knows so much different Kanji.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Probably rivals Sougo in this department. He managed to get drunk off of chanmery, which doesn't even have alcohol in it.
- Compelling Voice: Riku's singing has the ability to draw people in.
- Determinator: He's willing to put his life on the line for his career as an idol, and even had to be held down and forced to take his inhaler at one point.
- Hidden Depths:
- He's actually pretty responsible outside of his health issues, often keeping tabs on the others (such as Tamaki when he's about to miss school).
- He knows quite a bit of kanji due to having read a lot when he was in the hospital.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Despite his naïveté, he wears his heart on his sleeve and never fails to look on the bright side, even when he's clearly having an asthma attack right in front of the guys.
- Infectious Enthusiasm: The reason he's the center of the group, as his energy can truly bring them together in a way no one else can.
- Ill Guy: Though not specified, Riku's shortness of breath moments and possession of an inhaler implies he has very severe asthma.
- Innocently Insensitive: He will often say things without thinking, often those things being very insensitive.
- In-Series Nickname: "Rikkun" by Tamaki.
- I Will Find You: Tenn isn't so much missing as he is out of reach, but meeting him and finding out how he felt was Riku's reason for being an idol.
- Keet: He's generally very energetic and quite adorable at that, but he does grate Iori with his personality.
- Morality Pet: To Touma in Part 3. He has somewhat of a positive influence on Touma, who's disillusioned with the idol industry due to his own personal experiences, and is inadvertently the reason why Touma told Momo about Tsukumo's plan at the end of Part 3.
- Older Than They Look: Downplayed. He's 18, but he can pass off for being the youngest member quite easily due to his energetic personality and youthful appearance.
- Passing the Torch: Part 2's initial set up culminates in Riku handing off the position of Center to Iori due to his health. For a few months, anyway. Iori hands the position back to Riku in time for their RESTART POiNTER performance.
- Red Is Heroic: He's the face of the group and predominantly wears red.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Iori's blue.
- Super Drowning Skills: It is revealed in the Summer Memories Rabbit Chats that Riku cannot swim.
- Tareme Eyes: He has noticeably big eyes that droop at the corners and is by far one of the most pure characters in the game.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Omurice
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Has this dynamic with Iori. They argue a lot, but ultimately care about each other in the end. He even trusts Iori enough to pass on the position of Center when his health is on the line.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Riku doesn't ask for much, just his Aloof Big Brother Tenn to acknowledge him as an equal.
- Animal Eyes: All three members of TRIGGER have cat eyes. Their song Leopard Eyes is a reference to this trait.
- Distressed Dude: All three of them are kidnapped and separated during Chapter 11 in Part 3. The IDOLISH7 boys spend the majority of said chapter tracking down and rescuing each of them.
- First-Name Basis: All members address each other using their first names.
- Hotter and Sexier: In comparison to IDOLiSH7, they are known for their powerful performances, sultry lyrics, and overall mature vibe.
- Numerical Theme Naming: For 8-10.
- Power Trio: Of the Freudian Trio variety.
- The Rival: To IDOLiSH7 as the big established idol group with a major head start in making waves.
- Theme Table: Every member has a number, a color, and a music symbol.
- True Companions: Gaku is initially hostile towards Tenn as detailed in a prequel short story, but the three quickly hit it off and become fast friends.
Voiced by: Wataru Hatano
The leader of TRIGGER. Gaku hates losing and has a sharp tongue, but his feelings also run deep. Under the supervision of his father, who runs an entertainment office, he's steadily gained popularity since his debut and now shines as "The Number 1 Most Desired Embrace." He's a popular star in great demand for commercials and dramas too.
Associated with: treble clef, the number 8, gray
- Dogged Nice Guy: Downplayed. He has a crush on Tsumugi and is pretty damn nice to her, but he isn't overing in the slightest.
- The Dutiful Son: When he's not working as an idol, Gaku helps out at his maternal grandparents' restaurant.
- Face of a Thug: He can't help it that he has Yaotome Sousuke as a father.
- Hopeless Suitor: Mostly because Tsumugi's Married to the Job.
- In-Series Nickname: "Gakkun" by Tamaki.
- The Leader: The Charismatic type.
- Like Father, Like Son:
- Gaku's casual outfit in Part 1 and Part 2 are in monochrome like his father's.
- Kaoru has commented that both Gaku and his father tend to be cold to all women other than the one they truly like. Gaku immediately tries to deny it, but...
- Momma's Boy: His father isn't much of a "father", so someone's gotta be his favorite parent.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: As the deliveryman working for the soba shop his maternal grandparents and his mother run. He insists that he's not Gaku and that he just looks like him. A lot like him. Tenn doesn't buy it.
- Personality Blood Types: Type B.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Soba. It helps a bit that he also worked at his maternal grandparents' soba shop.
- Tsurime Eyes: Has noticeably sharp eyes and is pretty damn arrogant, although that part is a face.
Voiced by: Soma Saito
The center of TRIGGER. Tenn's outward appearance maintains that of a rogue, and he's a perfectionist and believes in competency. He's decided in his heart to perform perfectly in front of others 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Due to his high professionalism, it's easy for those who know his true disposition to mistake him as cold and two-faced.
Associated with: alto clef, the number 9, pink
- Aloof Big Brother: Tenn does watch out for Riku's well being, though he can and will deny it to the very end in order to keep things professional between him and Riku.
- Big Brother Instinct: Starts to fall into this more often as the story progresses.
- Bookworm: In the game, his room can be shown and he has a lot of books. Another thing he has in common with Riku
- Does Not Like Spam: One of the rabbit chats has Tsumugi asking about his strong dislike for broccoli.
- Friend to All Children: It has been shown in the manga, story, and more that Tenn is very gentle with children.
- Healthcare Motivation: Tenn left the Nanase household so Kujou would shoulder the Nanase family debt, which would leave his family able to properly take care of Riku.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Underneath it all, he does actually care for his members and Riku, but he prefers to keep his distance to keep things professional.
- In-Series Nickname: "Tenten" by Tamaki.
- Killer Rabbit: Don't be fooled. Tenn may look "cute", but he speaks with a poison tongue.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He may be emotionless offstage and his words are pretty damning, but he does really care about his members and Riku. He just prefers not to show it to keep things professional.
- Last-Name Basis: Besides his other members, he refers to everyone by their last name.
- Mangst: It's not like Tenn has a whole collection of childhood pictures of Riku. That would be absurd. He doesn't cry in front of others either. That would be a contradiction of everything he stands for.
- Nice Character, Mean Actor: On stage, Tenn is as sweet as pie, but unfortunately, off stage, he's got the personality of an Ice King. Sometimes, though, he is a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- The Perfectionist: Expects nothing less than 100% and is often willing to sacrifice his mental and physical health to perform at his absolute best.
- Pet the Dog: He was initially suspicious when Akihito presented Natsu☆Shiyou ze, asking if it really was a song for TRIGGER. But when Gaku and Ryuunosuke talks of how they like the song, he chose to keep quiet rather than hurt them with the Awful Truth that they were singing a stolen song. At least until Gaku finds out on his own.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Subverted. Only around Aya, Riku, and TRIGGER's fans is he an "angel".
- Secret Keeper: He's the only one who knows that Kujou Takamasa was the fake Zero in Part 2.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Sweet and caring towards the fans, but acts distant otherwise. Gaku has called him out for this behavior before, but Tenn eventually warms up more as the story goes on.
- Sweet Tooth: According to the rabbit chats, he loves donuts and his sweet tooth is massive enough to match even Tamaki's. It's been noted that he beat Nagi and Tamaki in a cake eating contest.
- Tranquil Fury: When Kaoru mentions the gossip of Riku and Tenn being twins, spread by Yaotome Sousuke himself to ruin IDOLiSH7's career, the glare he gave to his manager is chilling.Tenn: Manager. I told you after Sound Ship that if you embarrassed us in front of our fans again,that I had some ideas. Now that you remember that, answer me honestly. Did the media find out that Riku's my twin, or were they told?
- Although not as textbook Tsundere as Iori, Tenn still falls into this category, especially when concerning his feelings about his bandmates.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: When Mitsuki asked about how Tenn was like before he joined TRIGGER, Riku described Tenn to have been a very nice and gentle brother to him until they were separated.
Voiced by: Takuya Sato
Ryuunosuke comes from Okinawa. While he is kind, gentle, and shy, his agency promotes him as a Sexy and Wild character. He's bewildered and bitter at having to juggle between his real self and the image that's been created. He likes alcohol, and is a troublesome drunk.
Associated with: bass clef, the number 10, navy blue
- Accent Relapse: Ryuunosuke was born and raised in Okinawa until he was 21, but now speaks with the Standard Japanese (Tokyo) dialect upon his boss' request. Sometimes, however, he slips into Okinawan (like when he's angry or he's drunk).
- Animal Theme Naming: His name contains the character for dragon (龍) from the zodiac.
- Big Brother Mentor: Acts a big brother towards his siblings, fellow TRIGGER members and even IDOLiSH7 members.
- Cannot Talk to Women: My lord. While he looks like a suave ladies' man, his offstage persona is the complete opposite of that, with his members commenting that he can't even hold a woman's hand in public.
- Country Mouse: He is amazed by the city when he first moves for his idol job, but quickly adapts to living in an urban environment.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Gets called "Eroero beast" due to his reputation of being "Wild and Sexy".
- Gentle Giant: He's one of the tallest members of the game and his softness can rival Riku's.
- Hunk: His build is noticeably more muscular than the other idols.
- In-Series Nickname: "Ryuu-aniki" by Tamaki.
- Mr. Fanservice: He is deliberately played this way on-stage with the camera frequently emphasizing his body in music videos.
- Nice Guy: Probably one of the nicest guys in the game, often trying to settle fights between his members and keep a civil relationship with IDOLISH7
- Reluctant Fanservice Guy: Off-stage, he's actually shy and humble.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: He's one of the tallest characters, has brown hair, and is pretty damn handsome to boot.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Momo is the Boke while Yuki is the Tsukkomi.
- Genre Roulette: They are known for borrowing from a host of other genres and pulling them off successfully.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Re:vale is pronounced as "re-vahl-ay" instead of "re-veil".
- Like an Old Married Couple: Momo and Yuki frequently bicker over various things, which somehow manage to slip into boke and tsukkomi routines in private and emphasize how lighthearted some of these arguments truly are.
- Numerical Theme Naming: Their names contain the kanji for 100 and 1000 respectively.
- Odd Friendship:Oogami Banri: Yuki is selfish and doesnt have any common sense, but he also gets lonely very easily. Momo-kun is humble, but his love energizes him so much that he can even become a mad dog.Oogami Banri: See, both of them are . How should I put it . Theyre both a little off their rockers, dont you think?
- Senpai Kouhai: The senpai to everyone's kouhai as they are the most experienced idol group whom the other idols can rely on for advice in getting around the world of show business.
- Theme Table: Both members have a number, a color, and a music symbol.
Voiced by: Soichiro Hoshi
Momo is facetious and hyper. He's the type to act after looking carefully at his surroundings, so if a location's atmosphere feels tense he'll use his inherent cheerfulness and kindness to calm everything down. However, he's very awkward regarding himself, and he'll worry about things on his own... Momo's boke and Yuki's masterful tsukkomi will frequently unfold between them.
Associated with: starting repeat, the number 100, hot pink
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: For a month after Yuki told Momo he would disband due to Banri's disappearance, Momo begged and pleaded with him to keep Re:vale alive because Momo believed it would go against Banri's wishes to let Yuki stop singing. He even groveled at Yuki's feet, in a restaurant no less!
- Ascended Fanboy: Momo was a fan of the original Re:vale, and joined with Yuki after Banri left.
- Beware the Nice Ones:
- Momo's a fun-loving, cheerful guy who always looks out for his kouhai. That being said, he has no problem standing up to Yaotome Sr. to cover for Gaku when Yaotome angrily demands to know who recommended I7 for Music Festa.
- His interactions with Ryou Tsukumo in Part 3 show that he does not appreciate any threats directed at Yuki or Re:vale as a whole.
- Cute Little Fangs: has these, they look adorable
- Embarrassing Nickname: Banri and Yuki called Momo 'The Mad Dog' because he jumped on stage to break up a fight at one of their concerts.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: with Yuki. However, this being IDOLiSH7, it is up to much scholarly debate. Momo keeps telling Yuki that he is very handsome at random times, which is a reference to Momo's Ascended Fanboy status.
- In-Series Nickname: "Momorin", from Tamaki. Momo loves it because it reminds him of the carbonated peach-and-apple drink he drinks all the time.
- Keet: Cheerful and exciteable on and off-stage.
- Lovable Jock: Went to Nationals with his high school soccer team. He also created an idol sports team with Mitsuki and Ryuunosuke.
- Multicolored Hair: The tips of his hair are white, although it's implied that he dyes the tips, if the flashbacks were any indication.
- Older Than They Look: Given how he acts, sometimes it's hard to remember he's 25.
- Only One Name: His stage name is "Momo", a shortened version of his real name: Sunohara Momose.
- Personality Blood Types: Type O
- Sad Clown: He's a driving force in energy, but deep down, he feels like he's "not the real Re:vale". He loves his job, but he believes it's just not the same without Banri reuniting the original duo, and is just carrying Re:vale's success, not riding it.
- Significant Birth Date: Momo is born on Pocky Day (11/11).
- Third-Person Person: Lapses into this occasionally.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: All Momo wants is to know that Yuki considers him to be a "true" part of Re:vale
Voiced by: Shinnosuke Tachibana
Yuki is surrounded by a cool air that feels as though he won't be perturbed by anything, but he has a surprisingly low laughing point. There are times when he is unable to hold back his laughter in his skits with Momo. Though he's now a prosperous top idol, he often thinks of his kouhai and worries after them with a kind heart.
Associated with: ending repeat, the number 1000, lime green
- Ambiguous Disorder: Young Yuki was seen as a genius who has trouble connecting to others except for Banri. He seems to be cured from this by the start of the game but he still prefers to leave most public speaking to Momo.
- Beauty Mark: has one under his left eye, fitting his etherial beauty
- Beware the Nice Ones: Yuki's a kind, caring person, but he also has no qualms with bringing a metal bat with him to deal with Ryou if he did anything bad to Momo.
- Brutal Honesty: According to Banri, Yuki likes to take care of others, but can be a little tactless when it comes to matters of the heart and can be harsh with his words.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: with Banri before the accident. With Momo currently. However, this being IDOLiSH7, it is up to much scholarly debate.
- Honor Before Reason: Yuki refuses to suck up to someone like Ryou Tsukumo the way Momo does just to survive in the idol industry, even if it might be something that could keep him safe in the long run. This causes problems between him and Momo, who believes he's simply doing his job to keep relations between Re:vale and Tsukumo Productions steady while also ensuring that Ryou doesn't do anything to hurt Yuki.
- In-Series Nickname: "Yukirin", from Tamaki.
- I Owe You My Life: Yuki wants to invite Banri to Re:vale's fifth anniversary in return for saving him.
- I Will Find You: Yuki has desperately been searching for Banri for five years.
- It's All My Fault: Banri got a Career-Ending Injury when he saved Yuki from a falling light. Yuki struggled with guilt for 5 years because of it.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Banri was this for Yuki to the point he was so dependant on him he struggled to function without. Momo was this for him on Re:Vale's journey to fame, even as Yuki tried to take the role of the older one.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: very much so
- Multicolored Hair: Has a lock of hair that's white.
- Not So Above It All: He only looks cool and mysterious. Surprisingly, Yuki is easy to make laugh. He also doesn't mind messing around with Yaotome Sr. like Momo does, as long as it doesn't cause too much trouble for Gaku.
- Odd Friendship: With Yamato, since Yuki's known him since their meeting at Chiba Salon back when Yamato was in middle school. Yamato tries his hardest to distance himself from Yuki, since Yuki was initally one of the few people who knew about Yamato's connection to Chiba Shizuo. Because of this, Yuki tends to watch out for Yamato's wellbeing a little more closely.
- Only One Name: His stage name is "Yuki", which is short for his actual name: Orikasa Yukito.
- Physical Scars, Psychological Scars: After Banri's accident Yuki struggled with aichmophobia (phobia of sharp objects) which significantly affected his ability to cook. He gets better.
- Significant Birth Date: Yuki is born on Christmas Eve.
- Sleepyhead: Anytime, anywhere, Yuki is always ready for a good snooze. No wonder Yuki has trouble waking up.
- So Beautiful It's a Curse: Back in high school which, combined with his bad attitude back then, got him in some trouble much to Banri's dismay.
- Straight Man: The tsukkomi to Momo's boke.
- Supreme Chef: Can prepare food like foie gras.
- Took a Level in Kindness: He was a pretty unfriendly person to talk to prior to meeting Banri and creating Re:vale. A combination of Momo's and Banri's influences on him helped mellow him out into the kindhearted person he is today.
- Break the Cutie: All of them experienced events in their lives that changed them from being idealistic to feeling bitter about the world they live in.
- Darker and Edgier: The grittiest group of the lot, with hard-hitting lyrics, powerful performances, and a far darker soundscape focused on hard rock and electropop.
- Elite Four
- Odd Name Out: In comparison to everyone else in other units, their names do not have a number theme.
- The Rival
- Theme Table: Every member has their names based on animals of the zodiac.
- They also follow the running theme of being associated with music symbols.
Voiced by: Yuuya Hirose
One of ZOOL's vocalists. Despite having a sweet face, Haruka won't acknowledge those who won't acknowldege him. He is self-centered and is currently attending the same high school as Iori and Tamaki.
Haruka was also trained by Kujou before being cast aside by him, and (teased) as Aya's supposed fiancé.
Associated with: fermata
- Animal Theme Naming: His name contains the character for boar (亥) from the zodiac.
- In-Series Nickname: "Isumin" from Tamaki, and "Haru-chan" from Aya.
- Raised by Grandparents: It's revealed in his backstory that he was raised by his grandmother after his parents died.
- Ship Tease: Him and Aya were on closer terms with each other when Haruka was training overseas, even calling each other by nicknames like 'Haru-chan' and 'Acchan', before Haruka's falling-out with Kujou.
- Sweet Tooth: His Poisonous Gangster rabbit chat reveals that he loves cakes, with natto-filled donuts being his favorite treat.
- The Unfavorite: Kujou refers to him as 'a failure' when Tenn asks if Haruka was being raised as an idol like him and Aya.
- Gone into more detail in both Part 3 and ZOOL's backstory chapters. Kujou basically throws Haruka away when he thinks that Haruka can't "reach the fans" the way Tenn does, mainly due to the mentality that Kujou himself instilled upon Haruka, who blindly listened to Kujou.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Deconstructed. He thought if he had enough talent, he would be adopted by Kujou so he could have a dad that would support him and make life for his grandmother easier. However, his dreams are shattered once Kujou goes back on his word about adopting him...and then he finds out his grandmother's been hospitalized while he's been overseas.
Voiced by: Subaru Kimura
One of ZOOL's vocalists. Touma used to be very earnest about music, but now he only acts to get revenge on TRIGGER.
Associated with: segno
- Animal Theme Naming: His name contains the character for dog (狗) from the zodiac.
- Big Brother Instinct: With Haruka, since he's the youngest member.
- The Heart: He constantly tries to get the ZOOL members to become more unified, with very mixed results. He was also this way with NO_MAD, as he was the only member who believed they could still rise above TRIGGER up until their eventual disbandment.
- Although the end of the ZOOL backstory chapters implies that his words do have an effect on ZOOL, and as a result, they seem to be a bit closer.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Although he doesn't hesitate in telling Riku how much he thinks IDO Li SH 7 and TRIGGER suck, when he sees Riku having an attack after inhaling a passerby's strong cologne, he immediately offers to carry Riku on his back so Riku can take his medicine.
- Revenge: Towards TRIGGER. He hates them because of their win at Black or White, claiming TRIGGER only won due to their looks and their company's money. In reality, though, he's been disillusioned by the way NO_MAD's fans gave up on them and moved on to TRIGGER's music.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: According to Riku, Touma used to be energetic and 'full of smiles' before his old group was forced to disband due to their loss against TRIGGER at Black or White.
Voiced by: Kōtarō Nishiyama
One of ZOOL's performers. Minami is a former child acting prodigy who hides darkness behind his composed and gentle smile.
Associated with: senza (release pedal)
- Animal Theme Naming: His name contains the character for snake (巳) from the zodiac.
- Child Prodigy: He was a former child actor.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Haruki, according to his backstory.
- Irrational Hatred: His hatred for Nagi doesn't make sense...until his backstory chapter explains why. Minami begged Haruki to get treatment for his illness because he grew to love and care about Haruki, but Haruki refused on the grounds that it would make Nagi unhappy if he left. As such, Haruki not only stays in Northmare, but ends up being held hostage by the royal Northmare family, which Minami feels is Nagi's fault.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He acts sweet and charming in front of the directors, but doesn't pull any punches in mocking Yamato's situation with I7 or hide his contempt for him. At the end of Part 3, he also hates Nagi for, in his words, making Sakura Haruki die earlier than he should have by befriending him.
Voiced by: Takashi Kondo
One of ZOOL's performers. Torao has been naturally blessed with talent and a favorable environment since birth. He has great confidence in himself and will use women freely.
Associated with: simile mark
- Animal Theme Naming: His name contains the character for tiger (虎) from the zodiac.
- The Big Guy: The tallest among the four of them.
- Born Lucky: According to him he only has back luck. This gets deconstructed in his backstory chapter. In reality, Torao isn't so much lucky in that he's actually been spoiled so much to the point where he believes everything will go his way because he's used to being given what he wants in life.
- Casanova Wannabe: He wants to be more like Ryuunosuke's sexy TV persona because the ladies he tries to pick up always complain that he should be more like him.
- Freudian Excuse: That 'will use women freely' part is a result of years of Torao being pressured by women to be their "ideal man" and using his wealth, rather than letting him be himself.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: He used to be a very kindhearted little brother who wanted to become useful to his oldest brother, who was set to become the head of the family. However, years of family reassuring Torao that he didn't have to amount to anything (since he was the third son and didn't have any of the responsibilities his older brothers were saddled with) and people around him pushing their own expectations onto him caused Torao to lose touch with his own ideals, instead adapting other people's because he thinks it's easier to please others than it is to think about his own aspirations and desires.
The Player/Takanashi Tsumugi
Voiced by: N/A (Game), Satomi Sato (Anime)
The agency president's only daughter. She lost her mother at a young age, and respects her father for raising her on his own. From her feelings of wanting to help her father and stand on her own, she became IDOLiSH7's manager. She's optimistic and strong-willed.
- Affectionate Nickname: Momo calls her "Manekko-chan".
- Audience Surrogate: You play as her in-game.
- Celibate Heroine: Tsumugi refuses to engage in a romantic relationship with any of her idols or the cadets in Takanashi Productions, let alone idols from a rivaling production company. Her only experience with love consists of handing Banri chocolates for Valentine's Day a long time ago.
- Childhood Friends: She is childhood friends with one of the idol cadets, Kurosaki Makoto.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Daddy's Girl: Is very close with her father.
- Fangirl: Tsumugi was (and still is) a fan of TRIGGER before becoming IDOLiSH7's manager. Rabbit chats also mention that Tsumugi is a fan of Tenn.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Tsumugi learned to cook after her mother died.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Her default name is Tsumugi, but the player can still change the name to what ever name they'd like.
- Identical Granddaughter: Yaotome Sousuke mistakes Tsumugi for her mother, Musubi.
- Limited Wardrobe: Averted in the anime where she wears different sets of clothes instead of the ones she uses in-game.
- Married to the Job: Prioritizes her job as manager first and foremost before anything else. Though it's actually one of the things Gaku is fond of.
- Missing Mom: Her mom died sometime during her childhood.
- Oblivious to Love: Tsumugi's response to the boys' (especially Gaku's) feelings, usually referring to them as Just Friends and turning them down with "I love everybody!". This also had slightly to do with how she is Married to the Job.
- Out of Focus: Downplayed. She still has a big part in the anime, but she gets pushed a bit more into the background to understandably give the boys more focus.
- Pink Heroine: Dubbling with Pink Is Feminine, she has a mostly pink color scheme and is the heroine of IDOLiSH7.
- Plucky Girl: She can get downtrodden if things didn't go the way she expected it, but she will always find a way to get back on her feet and try harder.
- Precocious Crush: If Tsumugi giving Banri chocolates long ago is any indication. Though she seemed to have gotten over this by the time Idolish7 begins.
- Sweet Tooth
- Tareme Eyes: Has big, droopy eyes and is all-around a nice, caring girl.
- Team Mom: She is responsible for taking care of most of the members of IDOLiSH7 as the manager.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: After her mother's death, Tsumugi took it upon herself to learn how to clean and cook for her father. Although she loves her father very much, he can be a bit much sometimes.
Voiced by: Kazuyuki Okitsu
A capable officer worker that supports Takanashi Productions. He has a calm personality, and feels like everyone's older brother. From odd jobs to supporting Tsumugi's work as a manager, he's in charge of quite a lot. He feels a great debt of gratitude toward President Takanashi for letting him join the agency.
- Big Brother Instinct: Banri acts like this in relation to IDO Li SH 7 (particularly Riku whom he chauffeurs to the hospital frequently), Tsumugi, and Re:vale.
- Career-Ending Injury: The accident in which he got his scar.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: The scar is on his face and implied to be quite gruesome, but it's hidden by his bangs.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Banri does this with regard to Yuki being in danger in the past.
- I Owe You My Life: How he feels toward Otoharu after the latter picked him up off the streets after he just left Yuki and Re:vale.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He usually wears it in a ponytail; however, Kinako stole his hair tie once in a 4koma by Arina Tanemura.
- Physical Scars, Psychological Scars: Banri's face is scarred after saving Yuki from a falling light. It is speculated that this incident is the reason that Banri avoids doing work outside of the Takanashi Productions office.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: He has dark blue hair tied into a ponytail and pale skin.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Banri is always seen in a suit (except for that one time he wore a Hawaiian shirt during the camping trip).
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Zigzagged. Banri is kind and supportive to everyone except Yuki, and only Yuki.
- Sweet Tooth: In the past, Banri secretly bought ice cream for him and Tsumugi. In the present, Banri dropped by the Izumi family's cake shop, and according to Mitsuki, ate cake and macarons and ordered a cafe latte.
Voiced by: Susumu Chiba
The president of Takanashi Productions. Otoharu is always smiling and has a gentle personality. He's the president of the agency IDOLISH7 joined, Takanashi Prductions, as well as Tsumugi's father. He seems a bit absentminded, but he's also very faithful with regards to his work. It seems like he's known the president of the agency TRIGGER is attached to, Yaotome Sousuke, since before......?
- A Father to His Men
- Big Good
- Eyes Always Shut: He rarely opens them, and when he does, you know he's getting serious.
- Honest Corporate Executive: He goes through work with honesty and care.
- Overprotective Dad: He gave a chilling smile when Yamato tried to take advantage of the kings game to get close with Tsumugi.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Sweet Tooth
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: Otoharu often embarrasses his daughter, Tsumugi, whom he assigns with the task of managing IDOLiSH7.
Voiced by: ???
The "rabbit" being kept at the agency. She appears in unexpected places while calling out "Myuu~", and is loved by both Banri and the members of IDOLiSH7.
Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi
The president of Yaotome Productions, which TRIGGER is attached to. Sousuke is someone who is said to make you disappear from the entertainment world if you defy him. He is the father of one of TRIGGER's members, Yaotome Gaku. Money and power are everything to him, and he things of everyone associated with the agency as just pieces on a board, so things aren't going smoothly between him and his son.
- Archnemesis Dad: Sousuke and his son, Gaku, often get into arguments because of their differing opinions which sometimes result in Sousuke claiming he has no son.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: He thinks that power and money is everything you need to succeed.
- Irrational Hatred: At Otoharu, for marrying Musubi and (in his words) "sending her to an early grave."
- Lost Lenore: Musubi, Tsumugi's mother, is this to Sousuke, even after her death. Gaku's mother notes how Sousuke still loved Musubi no matter what despite Sousuke marrying her. The 2nd Anniversary story for the game is even centered around this, in a place where Sousuke shares fond memories with Musubi.
- Misplaced Retribution: IDOLiSH7 and Tsumugi get the brunt of his hatred for Otoharu, and as a result have to suffer from whatever schemes he comes up with to discredit them.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Usually appears in a classy white suit.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Definitely not one of the nice guys.
Voiced by: Yoshihisa Kawahara
TRIGGER's manager. Their work is top class, but they're unusually strong-willed, and will snap a ballpoint pen in two with their bare hands when they're angry. Only Yaotome Sousuke knows their true age.
- Gender-Neutral Writing: The early parts of the story avoid gendering Kaoru completely, but by the time Part 2 rolls around there's more feminine language.
- Fangirl: Is actually a massive Nagi fan, though they generally hide it when they're on the job.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Kaoru seems to have softened up with TRIGGER, and doesn't have nearly as much vitriol against Takanashi Productions (and Tsumugi specifically) as they used to.
TRIGGER's songwriter. Akihito used to write songs that were great hits in the 90s, and was scouted to write for TRIGGER in the present day. Is the one responsible for TRIGGER's theft of IDO Li SH 7's Natsu☆Shiyou ze.
- Jerkass Woobie: Even if what he did hurt many people in the process, he only resorted to stealing the demo tape for Natsu☆Shiyou ze from IDOLiSH7 because his hand was forced by Sousuke.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: What happened to Akihito after the song theft? Did Sousuke cut ties with Akihito after finding out that Natsu☆Shiyou ze used to be an IDOLiSH7 song? Given that the special story related to Natsu☆Shiyou ze never mentions what happened to him, we can only imagine what transpired behind the scenes, or wait until a side story talks about Akihito's eventual fate.
Voiced by: Makoto Furukawa
Re:vale's manager, and the younger brother of the president of Okazaki Agency. It's been five years since he became their manager, but he makes sure to carefully support them so they don't forget their humility even after becoming top idols.
A well known TV personality. He took a liking to IDOLiSH7 almost immediately, and has watched after them (and doted on them) ever since.
- Big Brother Mentor: To IDOLISH7 as a whole.
- Creator Cameo: Kind of. Shimooka is the name of the supervising producer.
- Creator Cameo. Kind of. Negishi's (the game producer) name is written with the kanji for root and bank/shore, so Rootbank is kind of her cameo.
- Faux Fluency: He's supposed to be fluent in English, but he speaks it with a thick accent a mile-wide.
Voiced by: Rina Hidaka
Tamaki's younger sister. Aya is now Kujou Takamasa's adoptive daughter, and by extension, Tenn's adoptive sister.
- Affectionate Nickname: Before his falling-out with Kujou, Haruka used to call her "Acchan".
- Happily Adopted: Aya is remarkably grateful to Kujou for taking her in and helping her previous adoptive family.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl
- Tareme Eyes
- Tragic Keepsake: A four-leaf clover keychain, made by her mother. It matches the one Tamaki has.
- True Blue Femininity
Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda
Ten and Aya's adoptive father. Used to be Haw9, the legendary Zero's manager, until the latter's mysterious disappearance.
- Affably Evil: His first meeting with Tsumugi makes him seem like a very kind, reliable figure as he uses his experience to give Tsumugi advice. We then find out he's the guy that took both Ten and Aya, and may have also been involved with Banri's accident and the death of Sougo's uncle.
- Big Bad: May be shaping up to be this, given his involvement in various events.
- Pet the Dog: His gentle treatment of Aya (and Tenn, to a lesser extent) as well as his genuine advice to Tsumugi are so far the only real indicators that he's not all bad.
- Subverted, however, with Haruka, who thought Kujou was a good man until he went back on his promise to adopt Haruka.
- Replacement Goldfish: His ultimate goal in training Tenn was to make him the next coming of Zero.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Split Personality: His fake Zero persona may be this, since the ending shows that he is not aware of what he does while he masquerades as Zero.
- Villainous Cheekbones: He isn't necessarily evil, but beware of his presence regardless until evidence proves otherwise.
Zero's songwriter. His songs post-Zero are currently used by IDOLiSH7.
- Distressed Dude: At the very end of Part 3, Nagi realizes in horror that the secret message in 'Sakura Message' was trying to tell him that Haruki (actually alive) is being held hostage in Northmare.
- I Will Find You: Traveled all over the world in search of Zero.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Nagi. So much so that he trusted his remaining music with him.
- He was also on good terms with Minami, though they became at odds with each other when it came to Haruki health.
- Soap Opera Disease: Haruki grew ill while in Northmare, but instead of accepting treatment decided to leave so he wouldn't cause trouble.
The legendary Zero. He disappeared 15 years ago at the height of his popularity, but his presence has a huge impact on the main characters of the story.
- Coat, Hat, Mask: His "Wizard" outfit.
- Living Legend: A legendary idol who disappeared 15 years ago. While he's not part of the story physically, his presence has huge implications on the plot.
- Shrouded in Myth: He was considered to be a legendary idol until he disappeared 15 years ago.
- Big Bad: Of Part 3
- Hate Sink: Nobody in the series like him. Even ZOOL, the group he manages, collectively agree on how creepy he is.
- Karma Houdini: Even though the cast knows of what he did, he still got away scot-free and did not pay for the things he had done.
- The end of Part 4 has him being arrested by the authorities during Black or White after someone (implied to be the President of Okazaki Production) tipped them off about his misdeeds.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Visionary Villain: His ultimate goal is to completely control Re:vale, TRIGGER, and IDOLiSH7, while utterly destroying and absorbing all of Hoshikage's talents into Tsukumo Productions.
Ranvalt von Northmare Seth
- Big Bad: Of Part 4