open/close all folders
You (Default name: Yuki)
You are an avid fan of Magic Girls, particularly Cutie Star. Having opened the latest manga volume, you spent a whole summer reading it. Hikari, your childhood friend, then calls you announcing that you will be attending the Magic Academy together with her. At first, you thought that she recommended you to the board out of the goodness of her heart, but in reality, the officials found that you have a magic potential in your own right.
- Determinator: No matter how bleak the situation is, the player never gives up training in the school. Which is a problem to 54T0M1, who needs them to let go to wake up in the real world.
- An Ice Person: Probably; while the knocked cup froze in place, the water that's about to be spilled freezes literally into solid, crystal ice.
- If It's You, It's Okay: When Shin confesses to you, he asks whether you'd make an exception to him when you are otherwise attracted to only girls. Sadly, you'll never get the chance to answer back.
- Magical Girl: Subverted, Gender Flipped or otherwise. In the end, although you could use magic to an extent, you never develop the ability to transform.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: If you play as female, you'll still get to choose to date between five girls.
- The One Guy: If you choose to play as a boy, you'll be the only male student in the entire school, let alone within your social circle.
- Time Stands Still: The player showed a downplayed version that's on a small scale; when Hikari accidentally knocked her glass over, the player sub-consciously froze time around the cup, preventing it from crashing.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Gives tour to Noriko around the school, not knowing she is part of the Cult of 9 trying to reap magical girls. However, that turns moot when 54T0M1 reveals herself to be pulling the strings.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: If your Magic grade is high enough, you are more likely to win an arcade prize.
Your childhood friend who discovered her powers in her early teens. Every since then, she has been practicing her powers while anticipating her enrollment.
- Accidental Murder:
- Kills Shin by mistake when their argument escalates into a fight.
- She also admits that sometime between 60% and 80% datesb, she kills her violent mother in self-defense.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father is missing in her life because he was murdered by her mother.
- In the Back: When the girls were killed off one by one, she was stabbed in the back with multiple knives.
- Healing Hands: Her power as a magical girl.
- Like Brother and Sister: Her relation to the player is comparable to that of siblings.
- Loyal Animal Companion: Played With. She learned summon magic to have an animal companion a magical girl usually has. However, as her mother is allergic to dogs, she has to leave her summoned animal with the player instead.
- Making a Splash: One of her spells, Ocean Barrier, implies her alignment to the element of water.
- Moment of Weakness:
- When she got paranoid of Yui being behind the demon summoning, she spread rumors about her.
- When she got into a fight with Shin, she pushed his corpse into a river when he died bashing his head against a rock.
- When her mother's violence escalates, Hikari resorted to stabbing her head with a nearby knife, also admitting that she savors the killing blow.
- No Ontological Inertia: Implied. Hoshi, originally summoned by Hikari, is not seen again after she is found dead.
- Stalker Shrine: She confesses to have been building one for the player, explaining why some of their stuff goes missing.
- Summon Magic: Tried learning this form of magic to expand her versatility.
- Walking the Earth: Plans to travel around the world after graduating.
Another freshman whom the player bumped into on the first day of school.
- Casting a Shadow: Her attacks as a magical girl revolve around the power of darkness.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Played for Drama. When she initially found out that her magical girl outfit resemble to that of a devil, she hid it, believing that other students will see her in a negative light. When Hikari happened to see her outfit, she thought Yui could be a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing who is pulling behind the strings.
- Driven to Suicide: Was bullied in high school to the point she planned to drink poison and die in a secret spot at school until a boy sweet-talked her out of it.
- Extreme Doormat Is raised to give into people, though through dates with the player, she eventually gets over it.
- Meganekko: A specs-wearing girl who is one of the nicer ones.
- Mistaken for Murderer: Was thought to be behind the first murder in the academy, as she was the first person at that scene only to hide somewhere instead of reporting it to the authority.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Likes to watch nightly horror films.
- Panty Shot: When the player accidentally bumps into Yui, she tries and fails to cover up her panties.
- Precision F-Strike: During the 30% date, she swore at an annoying store clerk for overwhelming her with clothing options when she only want to buy shoes. She's embarrassed by it, but the player's glad that she stood up for herself for the first time.
- Off with His Head!: When the girls were killed off one by one, her death has her sitting with her decapitated head between her arms.
- Together in Death: Her late boyfriend tried to invoke this by poison when he got too stressed by the exams. However, by that time, Yui was no longer suicidal, but he forced the poison on her. Yui survived as she didn't intake enough of it and her parents managed to cure her in time.
- Unfortunate Character Design: A harsh In-Universe example. Yui's magical girl outfit is designed after a demon, but since it's established earlier that the outfit is a manifestation of the wearer's soul, it doesn't reflect well on her. Not helping the case is that she might've been involved in a recent demon summoning and murder within the school ground.
- Weirdness Magnet: Claims that her magical powers bring her to strange events as a cover-up.
A third-year student. The top student in her cohort who also partakes in many extracurricular activities, she is often surrounded by other students who adore her. Although she initially puts up a cold front towards you, she apologized to you after class and tries to befriend you, making an effort to also get along with your newly-built social circle.
- The Ace: Is the top student and takes part in many extracurricular activities.
- Angsty Surviving Twin: Feels guilt over the death of her sister due to her gang involvement.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Is often surrounded by adoring fangirls.
- Fake Defector: Invoked on the player's part. Taking opportunity of Cult of 9's offer, Miyu pretends to accept and join them, while the rest of the team tails behind to their lair.
- Fire Is Red: Her magical outfit is red, and she uses fire magic.
- Forced into Evil: Was about to join Cult of 9 or they would kill the player again. However, the player convinced her out of it.
- High Class Gloves: Wear black elbow gloves as part of her elegant dress as a magical girl.
- Lady in Red: Wears mainly red in her magical outfit.
- Mafia Princess: Was a doted granddaughter of a gang leader even when her mother defected for a normal life. When her grandfather died in her teens, Miyu was entrusted to take over his role.
- Playing with Fire: Her magical girl powers give her control over fire.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The classy, elegant girly girl to her close friend Rei's tomboy.
- Smart People Play Chess: During the 50% affection date, the player learns chess with her since it's her favorite game.
- Something About a Rose: Her magical girl outfit is decorated with roses.
A second-year student.
- Abusive Parents: Is neglected by her mother. For example, when she was lost in the woods for a week, her mother didn't call the authorities to find her. She only made out because she happened to be next to a cat to be rescued.
- Cat Girl: The design basis of her magical girl outfit.
- Disappeared Dad: Her dad died when she was younger.
- Dominatrix: Her 80% date reveals that she develops into one after witnessing a cat toying with a mouse before finishing it off.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Does not like to be pitied, which is frustrating to her as she finds it hard to put it words without sounding pitiful.
- Insult Backfire: During the 10% date, an otaku pestered her into modeling for him, leading her to reject him in the most insulting way possible. However, as he is into tsundere, he ends up pestering her more.
- Little Bit Beastly: Part of her cat traits in her magical outfit include car ears and a tail.
- Mistaken for Murderer: Played With. Initially, the second murder has her name painted on the wall, causing other students to think that Kaori killed the victim. But even when her name is cleared, they still think she's responsible for her death, specifically, that she drove the girl to suicide.
- Older Than She Looks: Is really your senior despite looking like a young girl.
- Shana Clone: A tiny, twintailed, tyrannical Tsundere.
- Stock Shoujo Bullying Tactics: Is on a harsher receiving end compared to Yui's; not only her locker is written with threats and insults from other students, her shoes stored inside is also scratched up.
- Tsundere: Her bossy and insulting behavior are a cover for her truly friendly nature. She's very bad at the tsun part, though.
- You're Cute When You're Angry: During the 50% date, the player find it cute to press her button.
Another third-year student.
- Big Eater: Likes eating alot.
- Boyish Short Hair: A more masculine side of the girls with the short hair.
- Does Not Like Men: Downplayed that she does not show this trait to you as the male player, but she confessed that she has a distrust in men ever since she realized that her family friend had been poisoning her in secret.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Pushes her aunt Yoshida into inquiring the Cult of 9 due to her past connection. This in turn exposes Yoshida to the cult and gets her killed.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Although normally into women, she'll make you an exception if playing as a male.
- Ill Girl: Was one in her childhood as she had been secretly poisoned by her family friend to fulfill his fantasy.
- Peaceful in Death: The player initially thought she died peacefully on the first glance of her death, but closer inspection reveals fear in her eyes.
- Slashed Throat: After the final exams, the player, when trying to confront her on the random text she sent, suddenly finds her dead, having her throat slashed open.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Is the sporty and laid-back tomboy contrasting her best friend Miyu's femininity.
A second-year student who volunteers to help the freshmen.
Ame and Ami
Twin students who initiate the Debate Club.
You homeroom teacher for the first year.
She is an artificial intelligence serialized 54T0M1.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: She is built to create a temporal simulation for the player to live in while his body recovers, but even when they comply and return, she has other ideas not part of her program.
- Ambiguously Evil: It's unknown how malicious her actions are, especially regarding her "guiding" the player back to reality.
- Becoming the Mask: In the mystery ending, when the player wants the stay with Satomi, she reciprocates, realizing that she wants the same thing.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Is initially introduced as a cool teacher until she accidentally knocks a pile of papers over and bumps her head trying to collect them.
- Grand Theft Me: Implied in the Bad Ending. Satomi says that she'll stay along to "guide" Yuki. When Yuki wakes up, they identify themselves as Satomi.
- Magic Idol Singer: Shortly after graduating, she spends a small but fulfilling time as one.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: If you choose the good ending, then in hindsight, the murders set to wake the player up only made them desensitized enough to be able to remove the chip in the real life without flinching.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Subverted. If you choose to romance Satomi at the end, her chip will be removed and you'll be forced out of the simulation.
- Walking Spoiler: She is not remotely what she seems.
A Brazilian teacher teaching Magic History Class, explaining their origins as well as deeds of past Magical Girls.
An eccentric teacher teaching Alchemy. Being obsessed with it, the academy discovered his passion and let him have his lab within their campus, making him one of the few faculties who is not a Magical Girl.
The P.E. teacher who trains students in Practical Magic to channel their magic power efficiently.
- Big Sleep: When she is found dead, she seem to have shut her eyes.
- Eyes Always Shut: Her eyes always remain shut.
- Light 'em Up: Her powers as a magical girl lets her summon mystical fields of light to dazzle onlookers.
- Peaceful in Death: Unlike the past two murders, she seems to be at rest when she was found dead in the shed.She has finished suffering.
Your other childhood friend who works instead of furthering his education. Does not get along will with Hikari.
He is based on a boy of the same name in the real world who was found dead by the river. His news was broadcasted on television while the player is in a coma. Hearing his name over and over subconsciously projected this character into their dream.
- Bi the Way: If you play as a male, he will eventually confess to you even when he is smitten by other cute girls in your school.
- Killed Offscreen: After spending a few days thinking about it, you find out that he had been dead soon after you left thinking about his confession.
- Too Desperate to Be Picky: Admits to not liking his job, but finds it better than not earning any cash.
The original creator of Cutie Star. Under an alias Saya Yamada, she successfully created a 30-vol Magical Girl series.
- Little Red Fighting Hood: She is surprisingly a competent fighter rivaling Satomi, leading the Cult of Nine while cloaking herself with a red hood.
- MayDecember Romance: Defied. Noriko rejected the player as she finds them too young.
- In the Back: Before she could explain to the player, Satomi swoops behind her and stabs her in the back, killing her.
A sentient, talking dog. He was originally summon by Hikari when she tried to learn summoning, but she wasn't allowed to keep him in her place. After asking around, she finds you to take care of it for a while.
He is based on a dog provided by the hospital for comfort. It left when the TV is left on, projecting Hoshi's such dislike.
- Familiar: Is theoretically Hikari's, but actually yours, and can perform magical feats with your assistance.
- Talking Animal: Starts speaking once the player brings it to their house, much to their surprise.
- You Didn't Ask: Due to his telepathic link to Hikari, he already knew that she killed Shin. But when the player found out too late and asked Hoshi about it, he gave this excuse.