A normal second-year high school student who expects to have his house to himself when his parents go away on an overseas business trip. Until his mother tells him not to bother Sosogu, unaware of who she's even talking about.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: If the anime's On the Next segments are anything resembling a "canon", this is why Daichi has no memory of Sosogu. She sacrificed her life to save him and became a star, so he wished for her to come back at the cost of his memories of her and Gaia granted the wish.
- Meaningful Name: "Taira" means "plain", "daichi" means "soil".
- The Silent Bob: Becomes this in the anime thanks to his limited appearances in the preview segments. When we do see him, he speaks a grand total of twice: the first time when he questions who Sosogu even is, and the second time it's a very long, very emotional monologue about his recovered memories in episode 11.
An up-and-coming teen pop group with a stellar theme. While most of them know each other from the school they attend, their identities are still at large unknown to anyone other than themselves.
- Idol Singer: They're three cute girls who make up a three-person singing group, so naturally they'd be this.
- Stellar Theme Naming: Each of their names involve celestial bodies "falling", in a sense.
A second-year high school student who claims to be Daichi's best friend since infancy. She has since become the lead singer in the idol group Drop Stars but hides this identity from her classmates except Daichi who she loves so dearly ever since she promised to marry him when they were kids.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Acts this way towards Daichi who otherwise has no idea who she even is.
- Stars Are Souls: In the "canon" of the anime's On the Next segments, something happened that required Sosogu to give up her life and become a literal star to save Daichi's life.
- Stellar Theme Naming: "Hoshi" means star, "furisosogu" means "to rain down" or "to downpour". Essentially, her name means "falling star".
A first-year high school student at Daichi and Sosogu's school and another member of Drop Stars. She has a boisterous personality that hides a her true shy nature.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: In the anime continuity, her focus episode shows she likes to monopolize Sosogu's attention.
- Meaningful Name: "Tsuki no Shizuku" literally means "Drop of Moon".
A third-year high school student at the school and the third member of Drop Stars. She has a knack for fortune telling.
- Beauty Mark: She has one below her lip.
- The Gadfly: According to her "episode" from the previews, she flirts with Daichi knowing it would make Sosogu jealous and teases her about it in the narration.
- Stellar Theme Naming: "Yuhi" means "setting sun", and "korona" is the Japanese spelling for "corona", the plasma "atmosphere" of the sun; she also wears something in her hair that makes it look like a cartoon sun.
A rival idol group to the Dropstars. Members are Megumi Kurotaki, Onyx Blackpearl Ashgray, and group leader Erika Tokoyami.