Beware of Unmarked Spoilers.
Musashi Ariadust Academy - Student Council Members
Protagonist of the series, Tori Aoi's a carefree young man of utterly average talents. He was placed as President of the Musashi Ariadust Academy Student Council because he thought it'd be easy to control, and even recognizes himself as a poor leader. He doesn't seem to care much, and enjoys his role at his own leisure. He knows a lot of strip jokes and usually plays the idiot. Tori is also the energy of Class 3-Plum, literally: he acts like a living mana battery that can recharge and supply his companions with unlimited reserves, controlling a quarter of Musashi's ether supply, thanks to being one of two viceroys in the city.
- All-Loving Hero: Despite the goofy pervert he might be, Tori is an optimistic and selfless guy who wants to create a world where everyone's dreams would come true, a belief that earned him the respect of everyone in Musashi.
- All Work vs. All Play: All Play to Masazumi's All Work.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: He looks pretty good in a dress and has fun fooling men with this.
- Back from the Dead: In the final light novels, Toori cries and his contract kills him. Asama and Nate then go to the spirit world where they perform a ceremony to resurrect Toori by having sex with his soul 1501 times between the two of them.
- Butt-Monkey: If there's someone here that will always end up getting beaten up, that's Tori. However, he's kinda asking for it with his perversions.
- Buxom Is Better: He certainly thinks so; in fact, when he writes down a love letter confession to P-01s/Horizon, his classmates are surprised he doesn't mention her bust size in describing the automaton's "positive traits".
- Childhood Friend Romance: He is in love with his childhood friend Horizon. Later in the light novels, he gets a small harem formed by Horizon and his other childhood friends Asama and Nate.
- Childhood Friends: He has been friends with several of the members of Class 3-Plum since childhood; Asama, Nate, Suzu and Tenzou among them.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He's a huge pervert who loves groping girls, but he genuinely cares about his female companions, especially Horizon and he only wants to create a better world for everyone and bring back the emotions of the woman he loves.
- Conveniently Seated: He sits in the back seat next to the window.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He saw his childhood crush getting run over by a carriage and dying right in front of him. To make it worse, the reason she got in the way of the carriage was because she was trying to get away from him after he insulted her cooking.
- Deity of Human Origin: Near the end of the light novels, Toori dies after purposely breaking his contract by crying. He's resurrected via having sex with Asama and Nate 1501 times in the spirit world and inherits the name of Motonobu Matsudaira. Since Tokugawa Ieyasu is posthumously deified with the name Tosho Daigongen, Toori is allowed to become a god.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To P-01s/Horizon. He went to Blue Thunder every day only to see her and despite her bluntly rejecting his love confession, he isn't discouraged at all.
- Embarrassing Nickname: He doesn't like to be called "Wet Man".
- Fluffy Fashion Feathers: Has feathers adorning the shoulders of his uniform.
- The Heart: He is the one who encourages his crew whenever they feel down and gives them the will to keep figthing no matter what.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: His support powers don't mean much to his friends when they reside in the city and academy grounds of Musashi, as these places are rife with ether for their daily needs and training. Outside Musashi, however, Tori is the key to success, as he can supply his allies with infinite ether reserves to continue fighting without worry.
- Heroic BSoD:
- Watching P-01s/Horizon get taken and being unable to do anything about it apparently leaves him in a state of depression. Then it's subverted when it's shown he's still his usual cheerful self and was just mentally preparing himself to go rescue Horizon.
- He suffered a severe one when he was a child after losing Horizon. He refused to eat or drink and only stayed in his room throughout the day until his sister Kimi snapped him out of it.
- Hidden Depths: At first glance, Tori is just an idiotic pervert that no one could take seriously as Musashi's chancellor, but he's actually quite smart when the situation calls for it, serves as Musashi's energy source both figuratively and literally, and he has some deep emotional issues coming from losing the girl he loved and blaming himself for it.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: For many years, he felt responsible for Horizon's death, for the carriage accident wouldn't have happened if he haven't chased after her.
- Keet: He's loud, optimistic and full of energy. He literally does not know the meaning of "depressed". With good reason, too; Tori must always be in a jolly mood because if he ever stops being happy, his contract with the Asama Shrine will kill him.
- Large Ham: He sure enjoys acting in a ridiculous over-the-top manner.
- Legacy of Service: He comes from a family of loyal servants to the Matsudaira family.
- Living Battery: When Toori gains the 1/4th governance status in Musashi as a Viceroy, he is given the authority to use 1/4th of the fuel of Divine State of Musashi. Since his contract allows him to share everything he owns with everyone, he can provide an almost endless energy supply for his comrades, improving their abilities to the fullest.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: A complete pervert who shamelessly gropes and sexually harasses girls, even his own teacher and loves to read porn magazines and play eroge games. Yet his perversions are always Played for Laughs and he only gets a few smacks as punishment.
- Marry Them All: In the light novels, he takes Horizon, Asama and Nate as his lovers. By the end, he has had lots of sex with the three and thanks to Time Travel, he has a fully-grown daughter with each one of them.
- The McCoy: Always cheerful and optimistic, Tori is driven by his emotions and instincts.
- My Greatest Failure: He has always regretted not being able to save Horizon when they were kids. Made worse since she died because she was trying to get away from him after he insulted her cooking.
- Naked People Are Funny: In Season 2 except for a few scenes.
- Non-Action Guy: Not the useless kind, but he's plenty lacking in the combat field.
- Obfuscating Stupidity:
- When debating against Masazumi Honda on rescuing Horizon Ariadust from the K.P.A. Italia, he took the stance of not rescuing Horizon, thereby forcing the more adept-at-debating Masazumi to take the opposite stance. Not pleasant, but actual debating does assign people to motions they should defend regardless of personal preference.
- In episode 12, Horizon consigns herself to death; Tori argues against her views by using a parallel argument and convinces her to leave with him.
- Opposites Attract: He is a loud, goofy and fun-loving Keet while the woman he loves P-01s/Horizon is a quiet, analytical and no-nonsense Emotionless Girl.
- Perpetual Smiler: He rarely stops smiling, no matter what happens. Justified since if he ever stops being happy, he literally will die.
- Personality Powers: He sure is energetic, isn't he? Perhaps he got some to share.
- The Pollyanna: There is nothing that can depress this guy. He will always see the bright side of things no matter what. Justified since as a condition to his contract to the Asama Shrine for his powers, being sad will literally kill him.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni:
- The loud, happy-go-lucky and emotional Red Oni to Horizon's quiet, emotionless and analytical Blue Oni.
- Also the carefree and outgoing Red Oni to Masazumi's more serious and reserved Blue Oni.
- Robosexual: He is in love with the automated doll P-01s. Although he fell in love with her back when she was a human.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a scar circling his left shoulder.
- Shameless Fanservice Guy: He has no problem with stripping naked in front of his entire class or going around naked for most of the second season.
- Smarter Than You Look: Despite all that goofiness and perversion, Tori is quite sharp.
- Spanner in the Works: If his move under Obfuscating Stupidity doesn't earn him this title, pantsing Masazumi and throwing off Pope President Innocentius' attempts to undermine her definitely does.
- Student Council President: He is the president of the Musashi Ariadust Academy Student Council, which in this series equals to the position of a chancellor.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: He's the father of Makiko, Hirano, Kasuya and Katagiri. His children look about the same age as him because they all came from the Bad Future.
- Thanatos Gambit: In the final volumes of the light novel, he and Horizon come up with a plan for him to be freed from the contract that prevents him from feeling anything but happy. Toori violates the contract on purpose by crying, which kills him. Asama and Nate travel to the spirit world and through a ceremony that requires them to have sex with Toori's soul 1501 times, they bring him back to life.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Often, specifically with Makiko Oriotorai, Nate Mitotsudaira, Suzu Mukai and Horizon.
- Unable to Cry: His contract with the Asama Shrine has as a condition that he can never cry or feel sad, otherwise he will die.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: The day Horizon died, she cooked breakfast for him, but he said it tasted terrible. Horizon ran away crying and Tori chased after her. As Horizon tried to get away from him, she got run over by a carriage which resulted in her death.
- Useless Protagonist: Subverted. As his nickname "Impossible" suggests, there seems to be nothing Tori can do and his companions have to handle everything instead. However, Tori proves himself useful when he resupplies his companions' energy. Also, his Obfuscating Stupidity helps in some situations.
- White Mage: A rare male protagonist example, as he buffs and resupplies his allies' energy.
Student council vice-president, Masazumi is serious-minded, skilled in speaking, and hard-working; effectively, she's Tori's exact opposite. Due to a significant lack of *ahem* assets, he continuously picks on her. Masazumi aspires to become a politician, though she can't help but feel reluctant about it.
- A-Cup Angst: With a damn good reason. Masazumi had to undergo a mastectomy in preparation for her gender reassignment when she was younger, only for the process to go unfinished. She's understandably sensitive about her flat chest.
- All Work vs. All Play: All Work to Tori's All Play.
- Bifauxnen: A swift Deconstruction. To have a better chance to inherit the name of Masanobu Honda's son, she underwent several gender reassignment procedures, including a mastectomy. The procedure stopped partway through when her father was dismissed as a vassal. Now, Masazumi wears male clothing because it doesn't feel right to her to dress like a girl after trying to change her body.
- Big "WHAT?!": After Tori chose the side of not rescuing Horizon during their debate.
- Dark and Troubled Past: When she was young, Masazumi wanted to officially inherit the name of Masanobu Honda's son after her father failed to inherit Masanobu's name. Since the historical Masazumi Honda was a man, she had to undergo several gender reassignment procedures to increase her chances of being selected for the name. However, Masazumi lost her reason for the name succession after Motonobu Matsudaira replaced his vassals with automatons. Years later, her mother suddenly disappeared and was later reported as spirited away. After this, she moved to Musashi with her father.
- Foil: To Tori. He is well-liked by his classmates yet not taken seriously by most people, and he constantly slacks off and is no good as a leader. Masazumi, on the other hand, is, while not disliked, more distant towards her classmates yet is respected by virtually everyone, and she is a very diligent worker and a skilled leader.
- Gender-Blender Name: Masazumi is a masculine Japanese name.
- Guile Heroine: She may not have combat skills, but she is the one in charge of the political issues and negotiations for the Musashi. And let's not forget the time she epically manipulated Innocentius into deactivating his Statseis Porneia.
- In-Series Nickname: Tori and some of her classmates call her "Seijun" as it's an Alternate Character Reading of her given name.
- Kick Chick: She is quite good at kicking things, as shown whenever she kicks Tori for embarrassing her or just plain doing something stupid.
- The Lancer: The official Number Two in the student council and has a more serious and competent personality than Tori.
- Missing Mom: Her mother was spirited away some time before the start of the series.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the the historical samurai Masazumi Honda, the eldest son of Masanobu Honda.
- Number Two: To Tori in the Musashi Ariadust Academy Student Council.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The more serious and reserved Blue Oni to Tori's carefree and outgoing Red Oni.
- The Reliable One: Very responsible and can handle political work better than Tori ever could.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks just like her deceased mother.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She is a nice and sensitive girl, but she is also very serious and rational, focusing more on work and following rules than her personal enjoyment.
- Took a Level in Badass: In the second season, Tomo gives her an anteater Mouse which allows her to use magic.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: She initially wears a male uniform because she finds it uncomfortable to wear girls' clothes after trying to reassign her gender. Horizon jokes about it early on when she's surprised that Masazumi doesn't crossdress out of mere hobby. She starts wearing a female uniform after Innocentius tells her to start dressing like a girl already, but she still wears the male uniform's jacket.
The student council secretary, despite being rather dry and critical of the antics of the class, Toussaint Neshinbara's an utter romanticist at heart and is fond of history. Despite wishing to be a novelist, he is the head strategist of Musashi's forces during wartime.
- Childhood Friend Romance: It's heavily implied he and his childhood friend Thomas Shakespeare have feelings for each other.
- Interspecies Romance: He gets much Ship Tease with the elven girl Thomas Shakespeare.
- Parental Abandonment: He is an orphan who lost both parents in Battle of Lepanto.
- Rewriting Reality: Whatever Toussaint writes can be turned into reality, affecting himself, his opponents or the environment.
- You Are Number 6: He was only known as "Number Thirteen" at the orphanage of Tres España.
Always looking to make a quick buck, Shirojiro Bertoni sells the class magical items. Although he's the student council treasurer, he's essentially a miser blessed by the God of Commerce "Sanct".
- Cast from Money: His Shinto contract explicitly allows him to buy power from others and use it as his own.
- Intrepid Merchant: So long as there's a profit involved. In fact, him being this is the reason why he sides against the Testament Union.
- Money Fetish: He is thinking and talking about money all the time.
- Perpetual Frowner: He almost never smiles in the series, though there's a glint in his eyes when the subject of money is discussed.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Savvy Guy to Heidi's Energetic Girl.
- The Stoic: Which coined him the name "Poker Face" by the Testatment Union.
Shirojiro's girlfriend, and effectively his shadow, Heidi Augesvarer is the student council assistant treasurer and is always in tow with him and just as greedy. Due to his contract with Sanct, Heidi acts as Shirojiro's broker whenever he's in combat.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's very uplifting and optimistic.
Musashi Ariadust Academy - Chancellor's Board Members
The only daughter of Tadakatsu and Masazumi's second cousin, Futayo is also the head of the Mikawa Security Corps. Because she has only ever received combat training from her father, she's incredibly clueless about the world and easily embarrassed. She's currently enrolled at Musashi Ariadust Academy serving as Vice-Chancellor.
- Action Girl: Head of the Mikawa Security Corps and once she inherits the Slicing Dragonfly, she becomes a frightening fighter.
- Ancestral Weapon: After her father Tadakatsu willingly stays behind to die at the Mikawa meltdown, Futayo inherits the Slicing Dragonfly spear.
- Blade on a Stick: Slicing Dragonfly, the weapon inherited from her father, is a Divine Weapon which comes in the form of a short spear with the ability of "slicing" through objects and concepts, tangible and intangible alike.
- Innocent Innuendo: Due to a misunderstanding, she comes to believe "having sex" means "training". This results in her claiming she "had sex" (50 times!) with Muneshige Tachibana right in front of his wife.
- No Social Skills: She is extremely clueless about social norms.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail goes past her waist.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: Due to the strict training she received from her father, she became a skilled fighter with the spear but is clueless about the world.
- Samurai Ponytail: She has her hair tied into a high ponytail.
- Skilled, but Naïve: Her father's training made her a strong and skilled fighter, but also incredibly clueless about the world and easily embarrassed.
- Slipknot Ponytail: Her ponytail becomes undone during her fight against Gin Tachibana.
- The Stoic
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Stoic and serious, but a nice girl.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: Her Evil Counterpart from the Ten Spears, Masanori Fukushima, is actually her daughter despite being the same age as her thanks to Time Travel.
- Undying Loyalty: She swears loyalty to Horizon Ariadust after Kimi makes her realize she must serve the ruler of Mikawa no matter what.
- Verbal Tic: Compliments most of her dialogue with "de gozaru".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark blue hair.
First Special Duty Officer in the academy Alcalá de Henares of the Tres España, Muneshige Tachibana is the successor to the Tachibana clan. He wields the Armor of Deadly Sins "Lype Kataslypsi" and is one of the Eight Great Dragon Kings.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Like the Slicing Dragonfly, Lype Kataslypsi's Normal Activation is the ability to cut anything reflected by its blade.
- BFS: Lype Kataslypsi, which also doubles as a BFG.
- Happily Married: He and his wife love each other very much and they are very happy together.
- Henpecked Husband: He seems to be whipped by his wife. When Muneshige asks Gin how he should deal with such a difficult woman like Futayo, Gin tells him there is nothing to worry about because he is already married to the most difficult woman there is.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical samurai from the Warring States period.
- One Head Taller: Than his wife Gin.
- Wave-Motion Gun: Overdrive Activation of the Lype Kataslypsi is a 3-kilometer energy blast.
Wife to Muneshige and the only daughter to the Tachibana clan, Gin Tachibana has a pair of powerful prosthetic arms. She is unaccustomed to the world, and prone to misunderstanding things.
- An Arm and a Leg: She lost both of her arms in a duel with Muneshige to determine which of them would play the role of Muneshige Tachibana in History Recreation.
- Artificial Limbs: She has two huge robotic arms as prosthetics.
- Banana Peel: Weaponizes her slip up and cuts off Francis's arms.
- Cry Cute: Given how stoic and unemotional she usually is, seeing her crying over failing to regain her husband's inherited name is really touching.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She originally hated Muneshige so much because he wanted to inherit the name of Muneshige Tachibana, something Gin had strived for her entire life. They fought countless times for the role, until he finally defeated her by slicing off her arms and gained the inherited name of Muneshige Tachibana for himself. Freed from the burden of becoming the strongest and the heavy load of being head of the Tachibana clan, Gin began to strive for her own happiness and fell in love with Muneshige for giving her a normal life, eventually becoming his devoted wife.
- Disabled Love Interest: She lost both of her arms and she's Happily Married to Muneshige. Actually, her husband was the one who severed her arms in the first place, to defeat her in a duel for the title of Muneshige Tachibana and to help her regain her humanity.
- Happily Married: She loves her husband very much and is very devoted to him.
- Hyper-Awareness: She can figure out what someone is writing just by looking at their hand movements.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: She's able to call forth a large artillery system from nowhere.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after Ginchiyo Tachibana, the historical wife to Muneshige from the Warring States period.
- The Stoic: The expression on her face almost never changes. She only shows emotions when it's something related to her husband.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She comes off as overly serious and unemotional most of the time. When she's with her husband though, she shows a very caring and devoted side.
- Villainous Rescue: Steps in to save Malga from Drake.
A laid-back, perverted Ninja excelling in ninjutsu and intelligence, First Special Duty Officer Tenzo Crossunite specializes in close-quarters combat. He prefers blonde-haired, big-breasted women, which he's only too happy to announce. Notably, Tenzo's face is always covered with a scarf, thus his baseball cap with animated eyes are the means to reveal his expressions.
- Adorkable: His awkward and flustered reactions when he's with Mary are really adorable.
- Airplane Arms: He runs with his arms fully outstretched to the sides as it's stereotypical for ninja.
- Big Heroic Run: Against Walter Raleigh.
- Birds of a Feather: He and Mary are both altruistic, servile, honorable and scarred individuals working for the well-being of other people.
- Buxom Is Better: He loves big-breasted women.
- Childhood Friends: With Tori.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He's just as perverted as Tori, but he's a nice guy all-around and a gentleman to women.
- Covered with Scars: A bath scene reveals that he has quite a few old wounds.
- Expressive Accessory: The eyes in his baseball cap show the hidden expressions in his face.
- Eye-Obscuring Hat: Always wears a baseball cap that obscures his eyes.
- The Faceless: He wears a scarf that covers half of his face and a ballcap that covers his eyes all the time. He never takes his scarf or hat off, even while bathing or eating.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's a pervert, but Tenzou is still an selfless, helpful and hard-working guy.
- Has a Type: He prefers blonde-haired, big-breasted women.
- Highly Visible Ninja: He's only a ninja in terms of fighting style and the weapons he uses, but there's nothing about him that suggests he's good for espionage and stealth.
- Innocent Cohabitation: He and Mary begin living together after getting engaged, but they sleep in separated beds and Tenzo isn't ready to take their relationship to the next level.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: He's a big pervert and proud of it, but that doesn't make him any less likable.
- Love at First Sight: He falls for Mary right away once he discovers she's a woman, who coincidentally, is totally his type; a blonde-haired girl with exceptional cleavage.
- Mundane Utility: He uses ninjutsu to eat without taking his scarf off.
- Nice Guy: Lampshaded in the second season, where Nate and Masazumi wonder how someone like Tenzo, who's so considerate and kind to women, doesn't have a girlfriend. Tenzo notably takes offense to the latter.
- Nice Hat: He wears a long-peaked cap with "eyes" that show his emotions.
- Ninja: He specializes in ninjutsu and uses Stock Ninja Weaponry such as kunais, short swords and poisoned darts.
- Scarf of Asskicking: He wears a red scarf that covers half of his face all the time.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: Katou Kiyomasa from the Ten Spears is his daughter with Mary who came from the Bad Future. By the end of the light novels, she's officially acknowledged as their firstborn despite being the same age as her parents.
- Understanding Boyfriend: He doesn't care that Mary's roles as Double Bloody Mary have forced her to do horrible things, he still loves her.
- Verbal Tic: Ends his sentences with "de gozaru".
- Wall Jump
The twin sister of Elizabeth who was one of the people assigned two roles for the recreation of history, Mary Stuart, who was historically responsible for assassination attempts against Queen Elizabeth, and Mary Tudor, whose death would trigger the Anglo-Spanish War.
- The Atoner: She at first insists she must be executed to atone for her actions as Double Bloody Mary. However, Tenzo convinces her to live on and atone for her sins by helping other people that suffer because of the recreation of history.
- Birds of a Feather: She and Tenzo fall in love with each other because both of them are altruistic, servile, honorable and scarred individuals working for the well-being of other people.
- Covered with Scars: Her body is covered in scars.
- Covert Pervert: She seems sweet and demure, but she readily invites Tenzo to take a bath with her and she feels disappointed that they are not going to sleep in the same bed after they start living together.
- Crash-Into Hello: When visiting the grave of the 300 Protestants she killed for the sake of History Recreation, Mary sees one of Musashi's smaller boats careening towards the shores of the fourth layer, and notices that there are children directly at the path of the damaged ship. She attempts to divert the path of the incoming ship using a spell, but Tenzou tackles her to stop her since the ship's barrier would have returned the attack and hurt her or the children.
- Damsel in Distress: Tenzo goes to save her from her execution for her roles in the recreation of history.
- Flower Motifs: Associated with water lilies.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Despite what her roles have forced her to do, Mary is really sweet, considerate and selfless.
- Innocent Cohabitation: She starts living in the same room as Tenzo after she transfers to the Musashi Ariadust Academy. She wouldn't mind that it wasn't so innocent, though.
- Male Gaze: Tenzo is more interested in breasts, but he finds Mary's butt very attractive.
- Named After Somebody Famous: She was one of the people assigned two roles so she was Mary of Scotland and Mary Tudor, better known as Bloody Mary. Although this Mary is genuinely kind and self-sacrificing.
- Polar Opposite Twins: With Elizabeth.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her braid reaches down to her knees.
- Red Baron: "Double Bloody Mary"
- Scars Are Forever: A noticeable cut right on her nose and around her body.
- Serial Spouse: She says her roles in the recreation of history have made her marry and divorce several times. She's not proud of it.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She isn't bothered to take a bath with Tenzo or hug him while they're both naked.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She falls in love with Tenzo, one of the nicest guys in the series.
- Sleeps in the Nude: Mary can't sleep unless she's completely naked. This gets Tenzo all the more nervous and pleased to share a room with her.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: Because of Time Travel, her daughter with Tenzo, Katou Kiyomasa, is about the same age as her.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: She had to disguise herself as a man known as "Scarred" to hide her true identity outside of Oxford Academy.
- Tareme Eyes: Her eyes are big and round, which reflects her sweet and kind personality and sets her apart from her twin sister Elizabeth.
- Twin Switch: She and her twin sister Elizabeth usually exchanged places when they were younger. Tenzo is the only one who can't be fooled by this.
- Voice Changeling: She can change the sound of her voice to imitate her sister Elizabeth's.
An aerial-based half-dragon aiming to be an inquisition officer, Second Special Duty Officer Kiyonari Ulquiaga is fully clad in armor. For whatever reason, he claims he's in charge of all the older sister-type characters in Eroge.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Crotch-Grab Sex Check: Accidentally does this to Nicholas Bacon. He tried to use a Groin Attack on him, only to discover there's nothing down there since he's a fairy with No Biological Sex.
- Fetish: Older sister-type characters.
- Groin Attack: One of his signature moves. Too bad that the person he used it on is a fairy...
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's half-dragon.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses a pair of giant, golden pliers.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons! and Mecha
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Justified, since no one else comments on Nenji being an amorphous blob or a nude Kenji Ito.
A ditzy, blonde-winged witch who flies on a broom, which she also uses like a rifle, Margot is pursing a career in the transportation industry. Also known as "Schwarze Frauen" (German for "Black Lady), she's Malga's girlfriend and holds the rank of Third Special Duty Officer.
- Action Girl: A powerful witch specialized in Black Magic and very competent in long-range combat spells, giving a good cover fire to close-combat units and needed firepower in battle.
- Battle Couple: With Malga. Margot is the one with offensive spells and Naruze spots enemies, fixes objectives and does supporter functions with her specialization.
- Black Mage: Margot possesses the ability to use negative energy in attacks, in contrast to Naruze's use of positive magic.
- Cast from Money: Margot's abilities often involve the usage of money as offerings.
- Cute Witch: A Magitek futuristic version. She's a Black Mage who specializes in spells of negative energy, wears a conventional witch hat and uses a Flying Broomstick.
- Eyes Always Shut: She always keeps her eyes shut. The only time that she opens them is when Malga mentions something about her father.
- Flying Broomstick
- Genki Girl
- Gratuitous German
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair and she is cheerful and sweet.
- Homosexual Reproduction: Later in the light novels, she and Malga have been considering having a baby with SCIENCE.
- Horned Hairdo: Certain locks of her hair take the shape of horns more commonly associated with demons.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She's fairly girly and is in a lesbian relationship with Malga.
- Opposites Attract: Margot is a Perpetual Smiler Black Mage with golden wings, in contrast to her girlfriend Malga, a stoic, black-winged White Mage.
- Perpetual Smiler: She almost never stops smiling.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes past her knees.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: With Malga.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: Thanks to Time Travel, she looks the same age as her daughters with Malga, Katou Yoshiaki and Wakisaka Yasuharu from the Ten Spears.
- Winged Humanoid: As a descended angel, Margot has three pairs of blonde wings.
A straight-faced, black-winged witch, Fourth Special Duty Officer Malga, also called "Weiss Frauen" (German for "White Lady"), focuses more on Full-Contact Magic. She's Margot's girlfriend and a member of the Manga Club.
- Affectionate Nickname: Margot calls her "Gacchan".
- Art Initiates Life
- Battle Couple: She often fights alongside Margot, being the one in charge of spotting enemies, fixing objectives and doing supporter functions with her specialization.
- Covert Pervert: She may seem calm and gentle, but she is really perverted on the inside and is quite knowledgeable about sex.
- Cute Witch: A Magitek futuristic version. She's a White Mage who specializes in spells of positive energy and uses a Flying Broomstick.
- Dull Surprise
- Fallen Angel: She belongs to the Rebel Fallen Angel tribe, a black-winged Fallen Angel mixed race.
- Heroic BSoD: After getting her ass handed to her twice, she snaps when told that she will not be allowed to fight, and says she would fight with Margot even if she had to die for her. Kimi slaps her and tells her to calm down.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: In S2, she worries about whether she is capable of fighting on her own without Margot. Getting stomped twice when doing so doesn't help.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She's a fairly feminine girl, just like her girlfriend Margot.
- Opposites Attract: Malga is a stoic, black-winged White Mage, in contrast to her girlfriend Margot, a Perpetual Smiler, blonde-winged Black Mage.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is about as long as her body.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: With Margot.
- Sequential Artist: She tries to earn a living through selling her works to avid fans of doujinshi.
- The Stoic: Usually straight-faced and unexpressive.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: While mostly calm and not very expressive with her emotions, she's a caring and playful girl who loves her girlfriend a lot.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: Katou Yoshiaki and Wakisaka Yasuharu from the Ten Spears are her daughters with Margot, although they look the same age as her parents because of Time Travel.
- White Mage: The kind of positive magic Malga uses is oriented to the use healing and acceleration magic, which directly contrasts Margot's exclusively-offensive negative magic.
- Winged Humanoid: As a fallen angel, Malga has three pairs of black wings.
- The Worf Effect: She gets (easily) beaten in two fights in S2. She doesn't take it well.
- Write Who You Know: An In-Universe example. Most of her works feature Tomo Asama as the main character.
A half-human, half-werewolf feudal knight from Hexagone Francaise with ridiculously large drill hair, Nate is charged with protecting the citizens of Musashi and holds the rank of Fifth Special Duty Officer. Despite having genes associated with lycanthropy, she cannot transform into a wolf form.
- Action Girl: A feudal knight with the Super Strength of a werewolf and who uses two powerful chains as weapons.
- A-Cup Angst: She's not happy about her flat chest.
- Anime Hair: She has ridiculously huge drill hair.
- Berserk Button: Insinuating she's a tank-type.
- Chain Pain: Her Weapon of Choice is Argenteés Chaînes, two lengths of chain that can extend to indefinite distances.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She has feelings for her childhood friend Toori, but tries to suppress them both because of her duty as his knight and his love for Horizon. Later in the light novels, she embraces her feelings for him and joins his harem at Horizon's insistence.
- Childhood Friends: She has been friends with the Aoi siblings, Horizon and Tomo since elementary school.
- Collared by Fashion: She wears what appears to be a dog collar around her neck.
- Empathic Weapon: "Argent Chaîné", the Divine Armament of the Mitotsudaira, will act by itself if Nate is in danger. In fact, the weapon shapes itself into words when it wants to express its feelings.
- Failure Knight: Back when Horizon was human, Nate promised to protect her. Horizon's death made Nate feel she had failed her promise and she even tried to leave Musashi out of guilt. Eventually, Toori promised her he would become king and make her his knight. Nate then swore to not fail her promise this time and has protected Tori ever since.
- Going Commando: When Tori purposely gropes Nate, he notes she's not wearing a bra.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half-human, half-werewolf.
- Healing Factor: She has a very quick body regeneration rate thanks to her werewolf blood.
- Hereditary Hairstyle: She got her absurdly large drill hair from her mother.
- In-Series Nickname: "Mito"
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Despite her feelings for Tori, she tried to suppress them because she didn't want to get in the way of him and Horizon. However later in the light novels, Horizon herself lets her and Asama know that she's okay with sharing Tori with them so that he can have more emotional support from all the girls who love him.
- Keigo: Her Japanese speech is highly sophisticated and polite.
- Knight in Shining Armor: She's brave, noble, and utterly loyal to her king. The ideal knight.
- Meaningful Name: "Argenté Loup" is French for "silver wolf".
- Meaningful Appearance: Wears two blue hairpins that somewhat resemble wolf ears.
- Megaton Punch: Has a seriously mean backhand, as Tori may testify.
- Ojou: The heiress of the noble Mitotsudaira clan, second only to the Matsudaira clan in status within the Far East.
- Petite Pride: Her flat chest make her enable to easily dodge an incoming attack. She boasts about how none of the big-breasted girls could do that.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has ankle-length hair. And it's so voluminous that it's larger than her body.
- Regal Ringlets: Up to Eleven. She has five impossibly large ankle-length ringlets in the back. Also includes Ojou Ringlets with the two thin ringlets that hang in front of her shoulders.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks like a younger, flat-chested version of her mother.
- Subordinate Excuse: She has feelings for her "King" Tori, but she thinks her duty as his knight comes first.
- Super Strength: Her werewolf blood gives her superhuman strength that far exceeds that of a normal human.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: She has golden eyes, which indicates she's a Half-Human Hybrid.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: She's the mother of her Evil Counterpart from the Ten Spears, Kasuya Takenori, who is the same age as her because of Time Travel.
- Trademark Favourite Food: She loves meat. She's part wolf, after all.
- Tsundere: Sweet type. Nate is a nice, noble and knightly girl, but she can get very angry and violent when Tori does something perverted to her.
- Undying Loyalty: To "Her King" Tori.
- Variable-Length Chain: Argent Chaîné.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purplish gray hair.
A rather bored-looking girl from Qing-Takeda, Sixth Special Duty Officer Naomasa has a prosthetic arm in place of her right arm. She lives alone and works in the Engineering Club.
- Artificial Limbs: A prothesic mechanical arm with three long fingers.
- Cool Big Sis
- Humongous Mecha: Built her own God of War "Jizuri Suzaku" from parts scattered on the surface of the Far East. Oddly, she doesn't pilot it: it's her maus who does it.
- No Smoking: In the anime, her Japanese style pipe was replaced with an Allen wrench.
- Oral Fixation: In the anime, she keeps an Allen wrench in her mouth.
- Smoking Is Cool: In the light novels, she is always smoking a Japanese style pipe.
- The Stoic: She's calm and collected at all times.
Musashi Ariadust Academy - Class 3-Plum
An automated doll who works at the bakery Blue Thunder, P-01s randomly appeared on Musashi one day with no memories and was taken in by the bakery's shopkeeper. She bears a mysterious resemblance to Tori's deceased childhood friend Horizon, which attracts him to her. She's later revealed to be Horizon herself, whose soul was put in a robotic body after her death and had her emotions removed for the creation of the Deadly Sin Armaments. The second of two viceroys assigned in Musashi by Yoshinao.
- Amnesiac Hero: She has no memories of her origins, her identity and her life as a human.
- Brain Uploading: She originally was a human girl, but she died in an unfortunate accident. Then, her father put her soul in a robotic body. Horizon has no memories of her life as a human, but according to the people who knew her, her personality is pretty much the same.
- Chaste Heroine: Since she is an automaton without emotions, matters like feelings and romance are confusing for her. She doesn't even know what having sex is.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Although she has no memories prior to her rebirth, she was childhood friends with Tori, who has always loved her. She eventually reciprocates his feelings.
- The Comically Serious: She keeps her emotionless personality even in the middle of comedic moments.
- Cry Cute: She regains the emotion of sadness and the ability to cry at the end of the first season after Futayo takes the Lype Kataslypsi from Muneshige. And God, this Emotionless Girl looks adorable when she cries.
- Damsel in Distress: The second half of Season 1 is about saving her from her execution for illegal possession of one of the Armors of Deadly Sins and the destruction of Mikawa at hands of her father.
- Deadpan Snarker: She never misses the chance to snark at the situation.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Starts out as an Emotionless Girl without any interest in Tori and she doesn't want to regain her emotions since she thinks they will only bring her sadness. Tori eventually gets her to open up to him as he convinces her that she can feel positive emotions and she falls in love with him.
- Devoted to You: In the 10 years that she was gone, Tori never forgot about Horizon and once he discovers she is still alive as an android, he readily declares war on the entire world to get his beloved's emotions back and see Horizon's smile again.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Tooshi Douka ("Song of Passage")
- Doppelgänger Replacement Love Interest: P-01s bears a mysterious resemblance to Horizon Ariadust, Tori's lost love which attracts him to her. It's soon revealed that P-01s is Horizon reborn in a robotic body, but she can't remember her life as a human.
- Emotionless Girl: As an automated doll, P-01s lacks emotions. Turns out she used to be a human girl with plenty of emotions, but she lost them upon the creation of the Deadly Sin Armaments.
- Forgotten First Meeting: She is actually Tori's childhood friend Horizon who was revived in a robotic body, but she can't remember him.
- Harem Seeker: Played in a very unusual way in later volumes of the light novel. Horizon wishes Asama and Nate to join in as Tori's lovers. The reasoning for this is that Horizon feels Tori needs to be surrounded by women who love and support him in ways she can't, otherwise he will eventually suffer an emotional breakdown.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Given how Akēdia Katathlipsē bound her entire body, Horizon has some serious self-esteem issues.
- He Will Not Cry, So I Cry for Him: Once she regains the emotion of sadness, Tori asks her to cry in his place since now crying or just feeling sad will kill him.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: She gets this as a power in Season 2. It's how she carries all the Armors of Deadly Sins around.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Her blue eyes reflect her emotionless and analytical personality.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: After hearing about her origins, she says would have rather keep living as a normal waitress at the bakery Blue Thunder instead of being the representative of Far East and the ruler of Mikawa.
- Lethal Chef: She even goes Blue with Shock on her own cooking. This sort of started things off since she died because of a chain of events triggered by Tori saying that her cooking was terrible.
- MacGuffin Super Person: Her body contains the ninth Armor of Deadly Sins Ólos Phthonos, which serves as the unification operating system for all the Armors. The Testament Union wants to have her executed because of her power and the second half of the first season is centered around saving her.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: After her death, her father put her soul into an android body which contains the ninth Deadly Sin Armament. He then removed her emotions and used them for the creation of the other Deadly Sin Armaments.
- Mystical Waif: She is the bearer of the Armor of Deadly Sins Ólos Phthonos, the most valuable of the nine Armors of Deadly Sins as its "unification operating system". Ólos Phthonos is the system that taps into Horizon's soul, allowing Horizon to use the Soul Activation of all Armors of Deadly Sins. The heroes make their goal to gather the nine Armors of Deadly Sins to bring Horizon her emotions back and stop the apocalypse.
- Mystical White Hair: She's an automaton who has silver hair, which hints at her artificial origins, the fact that she is an Armor of Deadly Sins, and her having a human soul.
- No Social Skills: She isn't very socially well-adjusted. In one occasion, she asks what "having sex" means along Azuma.
- Oblivious to Love: She didn't realize Tori loves her until he flat out told her. This is after he went to Blue Thunder just to see her everyday and Tori declared war on the entire world for her.
- Ojou: Horizon is the heiress of the privileged Matsudaira family, which serves as the representative of the Far East and rulers of Mikawa.
- Opposites Attract: She's a quiet, analytical and no-nonsense Emotionless Girl who ends up reciprocating the feelings of loud, goofy and fun-loving Keet Tori.
- Phlebotinum Girl: As the bearer of the ninth Armor of Deadly Sins, she's the key to her father's "Genesis Project" to stop the apocalypse. Her existence alone causes Musashi to be at odds with the rest of the Harmonic Divine States.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair stretches down past her hips.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The quiet, emotionless and analytical Blue Oni to Tori's loud, happy-go-lucky and emotional Red Oni.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Pale skin? Check. Silvery-white hair? Check. Blue eyes? Check. Robot Girl? Check. Emotionless and quiet demeanor? Check. Love interest? Check. Mysterious Waif with a troubled past and origins unknown even to herself? Check. Gains more emotions over time? Check. The key to her father's project to stop an apocalypse? Check.
- Robot Girl: She is an automated doll.
- Robot Names: P-01s, which is the shortened form of the designation "Phtonos-01s", the operating system for the Armor of Deadly Sins. Though after The Reveal of who she really is, everyone calls her Horizon.
- Sdrawkcab Name: "Ariadust" is "tsudaira", the last character in "Matsudaira", reversed.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Although she's annoyed by his antics, she falls in love with the cheerful and optimistic Tori.
- The Spock: Emotionless, inhuman and analytical. Horizon always makes her decisions based on logic.
- The Stoic: Even after recovering her emotions, her facial expression rarely changes.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's emotionless, distant and analytical most of the time. Regardless, she is a nice girl at heart who always puts others before herself. Eventually she comes to care deeply about her friends, especially Tori.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: Because of Time Travel, Horizon's daughter with Toori is slightly older than her and the teacher of Horizon's class.
- Tears from a Stone: Automated dolls are supposed to lack any emotion that allows them to cry, yet Horizon becomes able to cry once she regains the emotion of sadness.
- Third-Person Person: She refers to herself in third person.
- Took a Level in Cheerfulness: As she recovers more of her emotions over the course of the light novels, Horizon starts to smile and acts much livelier in general.
- Top Wife: Horizon is undoubtedly the love of Tori's life and the one who should become his official wife. Later in the light novels, the option of letting Asama and Nate join in as Tori's concubines/mistresses begins to be explored... at Horizon's insistence.
- Tsundere: A rare stoic Harsh type. Horizon almost never expresses emotions other than disdain and annoyance at Tori's foolish and perverted antics, giving him frequent punches to his crotch in retribution. Despite that, Horizon does care about Tori a lot, but since she's a naturally stern person, she doesn't show it openly.
- Unusual Ears: She has heat radiators and various sensors that appear hair accessories instead of ears.
- Uptown Girl: Horizon is a member of the privileged Matsudaira family, while Tori comes from a family of loyal servants to her family.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: When Tori confesses his love for her, Horizon tells him that since she is an automated doll without emotions, she can't understand or reciprocate his feelings. She eventually does come to develop feelings for him and this makes her wish to understand human emotions more.
Tori's equally loud, over-bearing older sister, the overly-dramatic Kimi Aoi changes her name on a weekly basis because of increasingly vapid reasons. She has a contract with the god of public entertainment "Uzume", specializing in eroticism and dancing.
- Ambiguously Gay: She usually flirts with the girls and makes not-so-subtle advances towards them. She once kissed her Schoolgirl Lesbian classmate Malga to snap her out of her angst rant.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: She slaps Malga so hard she creates a tornado.
- Barrier Warrior: By dancing, she's able to create defensive barriers that protect her from her enemy.
- Battle Strip: She sheds off parts of her upper clothes and detaches her sleeves when she prepares for a fight, thereby increasing her Fanservice level.
- Big Sister Instinct: She cares a lot for her little brother. The only time she cried in her life was when Tori cried in her arms over Horizon's death. She says nothing can hurt her because there is nothing that can compare itself to the pain she felt at that time.
- Clothing Damage: During her fight against Futayo Honda, she looses part of her blouse, exposing her belly.
- Constantly Changing Name: At the start of the series, Margot Knight complains about Kimi changing through stage names too fast.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: While her normal behavor makes her look idiotic, if you ever challenge her to a fight, BE PREPARED.
- Dance Battler: A variant, as it's not in the traditional sense. She doesn't beat her opponents with dance moves; she uses dancing to invoke the god Uzume's power and create barriers that block attacks at incredible speeds.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man:
Kimi: Listen. This is what you just said, "If I die, it's because of you, Knight. I got beaten to death, but I did it for you and don't you ever forget it." You think sacrificing yourself is enough to stay with someone?
- When Tori was suffering a severe depression because of Horizon's death in the past, Kimi threw Tori out of a window and snapped him out of his funk by cramming a hot sauces and spices down his throat, including the bottle, and then jamming her whole hand down his mouth.
- Gives a TORNADO UPPERCUT, followed by a "Shut Up" Kiss bite to Malga in episode 9 of S2, then chastises her for trying to guilt Margot into letting her join the battle and possibly die, saying that a Senseless Sacrifice is not the way to prove herself equal to Margot.
- Good Bad Girl: She is a flamboyant pervert, yes, but she is also a really nice and caring Cool Big Sis.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Kimi manages to weaponize erotic dancing. Because of the contract with her god, she can avoid being touched by anyone who she doesn't want to touch her. Minor damage actually adds to the offering to her god, making her even stronger, and she uses the clothing she removes to block attacks from Futayo's Slicing Dragonfly.
- It Runs in the Family: She and her brother are very similiar. Large Ham, Trolling, and Fanservice.
- Large Ham: Just like her brother, Kimi just loves to be ridiculously hammy.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her contract with the goddess Uzume is specialized in eroticism and dancing, after all. The more sexy she is, the more powerful she becomes.
- The Nicknamer: Some examples include:
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Her eroticism-specialized contract with her god allows her to become untouchable to anyone she chooses. Any attack directed to her by her opponent will either miss or be blocked.
- The Power of Rock: When fighting at full strength, she sings; as a bonus, it's also her Image Song. What's more, the lyrics seem to describe her fighting techniques.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is about as long as she's tall.
- Stone Wall: She doesn't have any offensive attacks, but her defensive barriers make her an untouchable fortress.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers one to Futayo after the latter is unable to get any valid hits on Kimi during their fight, along with some Armor Piercing Slaps.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She is completely terrified of ghosts and can't even hear a ghost story without freaking out.
Tori and Kimi's childhood friend, Tomo Asama uses her spiritual connection as the Asama Shrine's priestess to shoot her bow and arrow with precision.
- Badass Pacifist: Refuses to deliberately harm anyone with her arrows (except Tori). She still fulfills a number of supporting functions during combat, however.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Asama has been in love with her childhood friend Tori for a long time, but tried to suppress her feelings because of Tori's love for Horizon. This is until Horizon herself encourages her to accept her feelings and join Tori's harem.
- Childhood Friends: She has been good friends with the Aoi siblings, Horizon and Nate since elementary school.
- Covert Pervert: She lost herself in her fantasy about how far Tori and Horizon would go if his Love Confession went well. She inadvertently wrote all what she was imagining in her essay paper and being too embarrassed to let anyone see it, asked permission to burn it.
- Embarrassing Nickname: She's not happy to hear she's being called "Death Arrow Priestess".
- Nude-Colored Clothes: The leotard of her miko outfit is skin-colored.
- Hime Cut: She's a Miko from a Magitek future who has blunt bangs, collarbone-length sidelocks, and knee-length straight hair.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: For a long time, Asama did her best to suppress her feelings for Tori, simply wishing him to be happy with Horizon. Later in the light novels though, Horizon herself lets her and Nate know that she's okay with sharing Tori with them so that he can have more emotional support from all the girls who love him.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Justified. Her Mouse, Hanami, has the ability to eliminate all physics-related problems like air resistance, trajectory and the speed in which her arrows can travel. Basically, they are made into a homing missile-type of arrows, but with the cost of offerings.
- Magical Eye: Her left green eye is an artificial eye called Konoha that she uses for precision shooting.
- Miko: She's the shrine maiden of the Asama Shrine.
- Nice Girl: Polite, gentle and caring.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: She has known Tori since they were children and has harbored feelings for him for a long time, but she never acted on them, mainly because she knew Tori never got over Horizon.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches down to her knees.
- Sacred Bow and Arrows: Fittingly for her occupation as a Miko, Asama uses a bow named Umetsubaki as her weapon and can shoot arrows with high precision with the aid of her artificial left eye Konoha, and Hanami, a Mouse built into Konoha.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: She's the mother of her Evil Counterpart from the Ten Spears, Hirano Nagayasu, who is the same age as her because of Time Travel.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark blue-purple hair.
The emperor's son with half-god blood, Azuma is the newest student to Class 3-Plum and is currently living in the same dorm room as Miriam.
- Adoptive Peer Parent: He and Miriam adopt a little ghost girl as their daughter even though they're still teenagers.
- Chaste Hero: His cluelessness about sexuality is shown in full glory at the start of S2, where he asks Malga what "having sex" means. It only gets funnier from there.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: In the spin-off manga Horako-san, Horizon asks Azuma if he's "the same type as Masazumi".
- Innocent Cohabitation: He lives in the same room as Miriam. He is understandably awkward about it at first.
- Like an Old Married Couple: He and Miriam are practically married already. They are even raising a ghost girl together.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He's a cute boy with very long hair tied back in a ponytail.
- Nice Guy: He's a very polite and gentle boy.
- No Social Skills: He is very clueless when it comes to social conventions.
- Parental Substitute: He and Miriam adopt a little ghost girl together.
- Power Limiter: Due to his decision to live a secular life, his powers as a half-god were sealed.
- Rapunzel Hair: His ponytail reaches down to the back of his knees.
- Semi-Divine: He's half-god, although his divine powers are sealed and he's currently no different than a normal human.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: Due to his upbringing as the crown prince of the Divine States, he's clueless about much of the world.
A wheelchair-bound girl who can't make it to class, Miriam Polk is force to study at the dormitories.
- Adoptive Peer Parent: She and Azuma are both teenagers and they adopt a little ghost girl as their daughter.
- Brutal Honesty
- Innocent Cohabitation: She ends up as Azuma's roommate. She doesn't really mind, though.
- Like an Old Married Couple: She and Azuma are all but married. They are even raising a kid together!
- Motherly Side Plait: She wears a loose ponytail over her left shoulder and is the only girl in Class 3-Plum who is taking care of a kid as her own.
- No Social Skills: Her lack of training in society has made her tactless in social situations.
- Parental Substitute: She and Azuma adopt a little ghost girl together.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her surname is either "Polk" or "Poquo".
- Tsundere: She tends to be harsh towards Azuma due to her lack of tact and his cluelessness, but she can turn caring and affectionate to him sometimes.
A knowledgeable girl from Hexagone Francaise with a small build and a big lance, Adéle Balfette is one of the few retainers for the knights of Musashi.
- A-Cup Angst: She's none too happy that Suzu has a bigger chest than her.
- Ancestral Weapon: Her father, a previous retainer, handed down to her his Mobility Shell "Raging Beast".
- Glacier Waif: While using Raging Beast, she becomes this, due to the Shell being able to shrug off no less than three direct hits from a high-caliber cannon, but her walking speed slows down considerably. However, even when she's not wearing it, she's a...
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's a good and cheerful young girl with blonde hair.
- Knightly Lance: Her weapon of choice, Ichiban no Yari, is a lance with a large tip which takes up half of the lance's length.
- Lightning Bruiser: Her Mobility Shell enables her to catch up to almost anyone. Demonstrated well during the class chase on Makiko.
- Meganekko: She's a cute girl with glasses.
- Phenotype Stereotype: As someone who originates from Hexagone Française, Adéle has blonde hair and blue eyes.
- Powered Armor: Mobility Shell "Raging Beast", a heavy and highly defensive full-body armor that can shrug off enemy cannon fire.
A little red slime spirit with 3 HP, Nenji is ferociously devoted to Adele.
- Blob Monster: He's a mass of pink liquid with dot eyes.
- The Chew Toy: He often tries to play the hero when someone needs help, but he always ends up squashed under someone's foot.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: He can survive being stepped on and splattered all over the place because he's a slime and only takes him seconds to reform himself.
A close-up melee fist-fighter with very little social graces, Noriki constantly works at part-time jobs to help support his enormous family.
- Boxing Battler: He's one of the few members of his classmate which use bare hands to engage fights and his fighting style resembles boxing. Noriki's ability focuses on the concept of "three-hit knockout". Using the first two hits as offering, Noriki's next attack will be guaranteed to knockout its opponent. The challenge lies in successfully connecting the two first hits; since opponents often defend themselves after receiving a successful hit, this ability is a challenging, if not impossible, to pull off.
- Good Old Fisticuffs
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Meaningful Name: Noriki's family were retainers of the Houjou clan and had made an agreement that if they had a girl, she would inherit the name of Tokuhime, daughter of Matsudaira Motonobu, and marry Ujinao Houjou. Instead, they got a son which completely ruined their plans. Therefore, Noriki was the princess who lost a political conflict and left aboard the Musashi, so he could be called the 'embarking departer' or the 'embarking princess'. And both of those can also be read as Noriki.
- No Social Skills
- Perpetual Frowner: He always has the same sullen frown on his face.
- Robosexual: Later in the light novels, he develops a relationship with Ushinao Houjou, an automaton and the Student Council President of the Sanadawara Academy.
- Sarashi: He wraps bandages around his abdomen.
- Temporal Theme Naming: His stances/punches are named after the months of the year.
A quiet, submissive blind girl who acts as the grounding element for the eclectic cast.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Toori and Horizon helped her climb the entrance stairs on her first day of school and congratulated her for finishing climbing on her own. Suzu says she has loved both of them ever since.
- Blinding Bangs: Her hair always covers her eyes to highlight her blindness and shyness.
- Childhood Friends: With Tori and P-01s/Horizon.
- Fainting: She usually faints when she gets nervious.
- Funbag Airbag: Twice during Tori's Love Confession to Horizon. She nearly faints only to be caught by Kimi and Tomo's voluptuous chests.Kimi/Tomo: "Oh, Suzu-chan. What a sexy/lovely cushion you've found."
- It happens again in season two, this time with the head automaton Musashi.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: She usually sits on Persona's shoulder.
- In-Series Nickname: "Bell-san" (Ms. Bell) by Tori.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail goes past her thighs.
- Shrinking Violet: She's a very timid girl.
- Speech Impediment: She speaks in a slow stuttering manner. This is probably because her hearing device relays her own voice back to her. Which is a real condition, albeit without the Magitek.
- Super Hearing: Suzu counteracts her blindness with a pair of Magitek headphones, which can "hear" up to 30 kilometers.
- Supernaturally Young Parent: She's the mother of Katagiri Katsumoto from the Ten Spears, who is the same age as her because of Time Travel.
- Tender Tears: She cries in episode 6 after Tomo reads her essay which tells a little about her backstory with Toori and Horizon. She uses this to try and motivate Tori into rescuing Horizon.
A stoic giant whose face is hidden underneath a medieval, crusader-like helmet.
- Chained by Fashion: He wears a big chain around the upper body.
- Cool Helmet: He always wears a bucket helmet.
- Gentle Giant: He's one of the largest students in the class, yet he's always kind and helpful to his classmates.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: He usually lets Suzu sit on his shoulder. Presumably, he also provides a more stable "firing platform" of sorts where Tomo can launch arrows while moving.
- The Voiceless: We never hear Persona speak because he mainly uses body language to communicate.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He never wears a shirt so we can appreciate his large, muscled upper body.
A naked, flamboyant incubus.
- Bald of Awesome: He doesn't have a single hair on his head and is a very affable incubus.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: He always goes around naked, but THANK GOD they didn't animate any genitalia.
- Energy Absorption: As an incubus, Kenji can suck away the energy of enemies.
- Horny Devils: He's an incubus and fittingly for a sex demon, he's always stark naked.
- Large Ham: He's flamboyant and full of energy.
- Mercury's Wings: He has a pair of demon wings on his head.
- Monochromatic Eyes: His eyes lack irises and pupils.
- Shameless Fanservice Guy: He never wears a single piece of clothing.
- Super Smoke: Kenji can appear as a cloud of pink smoke.
- Big Eater: He's rarely seen not eating something.
- Chubby Chef: He's a member of the academy's Cooking Club and the only fat student in Class 3-Plum.
- Comedic Lolicon: He considers anyone above the age of 10 "too old" for him. He calls it "vitality worship". He's still portrayed as harmless and the issue only comes up so his classmates can make fun of him.
- Eyes Always Closed: He never opens his eyes.
A strange, curry-loving Indian.
- Does Not Like Shoes: He's always barefoot.
- Food-Based Superpowers: Curry is regarded as the food of the land of the gods. Thanks to this, Hassan's curry can grant a one-way ticket to Nirvana to spirits.
- Funny Foreigner: He's a comedic take on the Indian stereotype and is obsessed with curry.
- The Noseless: He's drawn without a nose.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He eats, drinks, and breathes curry.
Musashi Ariadust Academy - Faculty Members
Musashi Ariadust Academy's principal, Tadatsugu Sakai was one (and often considered the leader) of the Four Divine Matsudaira Kings but got demoted to his position as Musashi's principal due an incident involving the suicide of Lord Motonobu's younger brother for the sake of history recreation. He's something of an old enemy to Pope Innocentius.
A noble from Hexagone Francais, Yoshinao serves as both the king of Musashi and vice-principal of Ariadust Academy. Having agreed to stand against the Testament Union, he appoints Tori and Horizon as viceroys of Musashi, each holding a quarter rule of the city.
- Cool Old Guy: He's not as old as Sakai, but he's just as cool.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Tori fondly calls him "Maro Maro", or in the dub, "Ic Ic".
- It May Help You on Your Quest: Seeing Tenzou's plans to sneak a date with (i.e rescue) Mary, he marks the locations of the guard stations on Tenzou's map, telling him that stealthiness is the key to sneaking a date.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: While he's not "ugly" per se, his wife is gorgeous.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Averted; his appearance is humorously compared to cosplaying by Kimi.
Class 3-Plum's homeroom teacher at Musashi Ariadust Academy.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She's capable of overpowering her entire class.
- BFS: Her sword is as long as she's tall.
- Blood Knight: Shows traits of it during Class 3-Plum's first day, where she challenges the entire class to a mock battle against her.
- Catchphrase: She tends to say "Hey, hey, hey" a lot.
- Kid from the Future: Later volumes reveal she's Toori's and Horizon's daughter from the Bad Future, created from their combined DNAs. Kimi acted as her surrogate mother, making Makiko her child too.
- Meaningful Name: "Oriotorai" is a code surname that references both her biological parents, Toori and Horizon. The characters for "Makiko" are meant to mean "Kimi's true child" because Kimi was the one who gave birth to her.
- Mysterious Past: Little is known about Makiko's past. According to her, there is a part of her resumé that is "unknown to many".
Class 3-Bamboo's homeroom teacher at Horizon Ariadust Academy, Mitsuki Sanyou's class is right next to 3-Plum's, so her students are constantly interrupted by the noise of the shenanigans next door.
- Christmas Cake: She's only 24 but having been recently dumped for another woman at the start of the novels, it worries her.
- Sensei-chan: She tries to be cute to her students.
The head automaton maid taking care of Musashi, she is the same-named captain of the eight ships which comprises the city state of Musashi, commanding a head automaton maid on each one.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has a considerably sharp tongue.
- Emotionless Girl: As an automaton, Musashi is unable to portray emotions whether through voice or facial expressions.
- Gravity Master: Like most automatons, Musashi has the ability to control gravitational forces.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is tied back in a ponytail that reaches down the back of her knees.
- Robot Maid: Subverted. She's an automaton with an attire similar to a maid's outfit, but she's the captain of an aircraft instead of a household servant.
- Verbal Tic: Ends every sentence with "over" ("ijou" in Japanese).
Civilians of Musashi
The owner of the bakery "Blue Thunder" on Musashi and the mother of Tori and Kimi. She has a very helpful personality. Around a year before the story begins, she took in the unidentified automated doll, P-01s, as an employee.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Zigzagged. Character profile in side materials mentions that it's just "a window in her back", it's enough to make people's hearts flutter.
- Shopkeeper: She is the owner of the bakery "Blue Thunder".
- Shrouded in Myth: Character profile in side materials mentions that there are many dubious gossips about her. All which starts with sentence "Actually, she is..."
The Honda Clan
The current representative of the Provisional Assembly on Musashi, Masanobu Honda is the father of Masazumi.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Masanobu Honda, as names can be handed down through generations in-universe.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: While he is often controlling towards his daughter, when she decides to assert herself and her views, possibly destroying the nation in the process, he respects her decision and even sounds a bit proud.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Tadakatsu Honda's red, Masanobu is from the administrative branch of the Honda Clan. In contrast to Tadakatsu, he's calm, calculating and collected. Incidentally, they both lost their wives.
Father of Futayo and one of the Four Divine Matsudaira Kings, Tadakatsu's a soldier of remarkable ability, and was once called the "Peerless of the East".
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: The Slicing Dragonfly's Normal Activation allows it to cut anything physical reflected by the blade. For greater absurdity, the weapon's Superior Activation is cutting any "concept" that can be imagined by its wielder. In other words, if the user knows his opponent's name, they can effectively erase the latter from existence.
- Action Dad: He is Futayo's father and one of the Four Divine Matsudaira Kings. He can kick a lot of ass.
- Blade on a Stick: He's the holder of the Divine Weapon "Slicing Dragonfly" which comes in the form of a spear.
- Martial Arts Headband: He's a samurai-style soldier who wears a headband around his head.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: He will do whatever his lord Motonobu wishes, even if that is cooperating in his Genesis Project, which involves blowing up Mikawa with both of them there.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical general Honda Tadakatsu from the Warring States period.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Masanobu's blue, as he's from the Martial/Samurai branch of the Honda Clan, boisterous, a bit rash, and a wicked spear-wielding fighter. Incidentally, he also lost his wife.
- Robosexual: He put his wife Kazuno's soul in an automaton's body and he clearly still loves her.
- Together in Death: He sees the spirit of his wife as he dies, and his last words are, "You and I will never be parted again."
- Undying Loyalty: To Motonobu Matsudaira.
An automaton who handles the daily needs of the Honda Clan, Kazuno also serves as Futayo's fighting instructor. In reality, she's a replication of Tadakatsu's late wife.
- Action Mom: In a way, she's hosting the soul of Futayo's mother and she can take down an airship all by herself.
- Brain Uploading: Just like P-01s/Horizon, Kazuno is a human woman whose soul was put in an automaton body after her death.
- Emotionless Girl: As it is normal with automatons, Kazuno lacks human emotions.
- Go Out with a Smile: She smiles at Tadakatsu in her final moments.
- Gravity Master: Being an automaton, she has the power of gravity manipulation.
- Half the Woman She Used to Be: Redirected a shot from Muneshige Tachibana's Lype Katathlipse that blew off her lower body, leaving her upper torso.
- Hime Cut: She's a Yamato Nadeshiko who has the hairstyle with parted blunt bangs, cheek-length sidelocks, and hip-length straight hair (kept mostly in a Prim and Proper Bun).
- Meaningful Name: Her name is derived from Tadakatsu Honda's famous deer-antler helmet he wears in battle.
- Robot Maid: She's an automaton serving as the housekeeper of the Honda family.
- Robotic Spouse: As a replication of Tadakatsu's late wife, she takes care of him and his daughter and cooks just like his wife did. Makes sense, since she really is his wife. Tadakatsu put her soul in an robotic body after her death.
- Supreme Chef: Tadakatsu says her cooking is great.
- Together in Death: With Tadakatsu.
- Undying Loyalty: To Motonobu Matsudaira.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: A demure, gentle and domestic, yet strong and sharp woman who takes care of her family even though now she is just a soul in a robotic body.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair and she's a robot so its ok.
The creator of the Armor of Deadly Sins and the ruler of Mikawa. He is responsible for the area's current isolation policy.
- Alliterative Name: Motonobu Matsudaira
- Disappeared Dad: To P-01s/Horizon.
- Go Out with a Smile: He keeps smiling as he blows up Mikawa to start his "Genesis Project".
- Mad Scientist: He created the Armor of Deadly Sins by putting the soul of his own daughter in an android body and removing her emotions.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after Tokugawa Ieyasu, who adopted the name Motonobu Jirosaburo Matsudaira when he was 15 years old (according to East Asian age reckoning).
- Never Hurt an Innocent: While he unleashes a reactor explosion in Mikawa that decimates the entire region, he makes sure no harm is performed on the public by having all citizens leave the area. The only ones who die are him and Tadakatsu Honda, who decided to stay on his own will.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His "Genesis Project" is supposed to save the world from the apocalypse, but his methods include putting the soul of his own daughter in an android body and using her emotions to create the Deadly Sin Armaments, as well as blowing up the capital city of the Far East, Mikawa.
A merchant who does business with the Hondas.
- Eyes Always Shut: He keeps his eyes closed.
K.P.A. Italia's representative, and Pope-President of school K.P.A. Scuola, Innocentinus is both ambitious and dangerous, with hopes to expand power and influence under the pretext of recreating history. He wields the Armor of Deadly Sins "Staseis Porneia".
- Chewbacca Defense: Masazumi has just accused the Testament Union of abusing the system of History Recreation to benefit themselves at the cost of an innocent person's life. She then proposes an alternative course of action that requires no deaths and benefits not just the far east but ultimately the whole world. The Pope's response? He reveals to everyone listening that Masazumi (who presents herself as male) is actually a girl and then accuses her of just using the situation to take power for herself. It was totally irrelevant, did nothing to counter her arguments, and it almost worked.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Pope Innocent X
- Not So Above It All: For all of his Smug Snakeness, he snapped and scolded Masazumi for summarily trolling him.
- Power Nullifier: Statseis Porneia's Normal Activation neutralizes anything it touches with an attacking will. It also dismantles any weapon-based armaments.
- Smug Snake: Even after being (mostly) foiled, he's still quite confident.
An archdevil who uses the Ptolemaic and Copernican Theories as abilities, Galileo was a former student at K.P.A. Scuola, now graduated and serves as Innocentius' right-hand man.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Galileo Galilei.
Alcalá de Henares
Tres España's "Alcalá de Henares" Student Council President and Chancellor. Despite his high military and political status, Felipe opts to be uninvolved with politics, causing Juana to perform his duties on his behalf while he sweeps the floors of the academy.
- Accidental Pervert: When he goes to receive some letters a sleeping Juana has for him, he tries to pick them up without waking her up, but for his bad luck some of them get stuck in Juana's legs and breasts. Then Gin walks in...
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He initially seems to be little more than misunderstanding bait for Gin, but when he takes the helm during the Spanish Armada battle recreation, he shows what he can really do.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He lost his family and friends during the reenactment of the Battle of Lepanto.
- Death Seeker: He leads the Tres Espana attack against the Musashi, set on dying in the process. Juana arrives to rescue him and tearfully convinces him to live on.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: In friggin' SPADES. He can't stop hating himself for his failures in the Battle of Lepanto.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Philip II of Spain.
- Not What It Looks Like: Thrice, when Gin found him in a precarious situation with Juana. Gin is not convinced.
Queen of Tres España and the vice-president and treasurer of the student council of Alcalá de Henares, Juana is one of the Eight Great Dragon Kings and possesses the Armor of Deadly Sins "Akēdia Katathlipsē".
- BFS: Akēdia Katathlipsē
- Forceful Kiss: She steals a kiss from Felipe in Episode 11 of Season 2. And then Gin walks up a few seconds later....
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: As Felipe prepares to die on his burning ship, she comes up and yells at him for being unwilling to let go of the past and trying to abandon her by dying, saying she just wishes to help him.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She is half-elven.
- Interspecies Romance: She is a half-elven woman who is love with the human Felipe.
- I Owe You My Life: She's the girl who Felipe saved. She pretended to be a pure blooded elf and became the queen to repay him.
- Likes Older Men: She is in love with Felipe, who is old enough to be her father.
- Masquerade: She is a half-elven girl that Segundo rescued after the battle of Lepanto. She pretended to be a pure-blooded elf after being rescued by Segundo, deciding to become the queen to repay him.
- Please Don't Leave Me: When Segundo goes to lead the attack on the Musashi, fully intending to die, she cries that she doesn't want him to leave her behind, admitting that she is the girl he saved.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is as long as her body.
- Rescue Romance: She is in love with Felipe, the man who saved her.
- Subordinate Excuse: She became vice-president of the student council to be by the side of Felipe, the man who saved her when she was a little girl.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's often strict, calm and collected, but she has a warm and emotional side that she shows to those she cares about, especially Felipe.
- Supernormal Bindings: Used by Akēdia Katathlipsē. Its Overdrive Activation binds opponents to the part of themselves they dislike the most. This ranges from one's identity to a certain "lack of assets".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark blue hair.
The secretary of the school's Student Council. He is the owner of the Testamenta Arma "Crus Temperantia Novum". He is also a famous eroge novelist.
- Power Nullifier: Upon the activation of his Testamenta Arma "Crus Temperantia Novum", the power of enemy abilities that are active or are activated within an area around the Testamenta Arma will be decreased to a certain fraction of its original power determined by the number of hits the targeted ability has.
The vice-chancellor of Tres España's "Alcalá de Henares" and head of the school's baseball club. He is also the owner of the Testamenta Arma "Crus Temperantia Vetus".
- Friendly Ghost: He was killed during the Battle of Lepanto when he was living, and now lives as a ghost. However, he isn't scary because he looks and acts the same as when he was alive.
Second Special Duty Officer in the academy "Alcalá de Henares" of the Tres España. She is also the head of the school's track and field club and the wife of Takakane Hironaka. The owner of the God of War "Michiyuki Byakko".
- Eyes Always Shut: She moves around with her eyes closed.
- Friendly Ghost: She was killed during the Battle of Lepanto when she was living, and now lives as a ghost. Not that anyone can notice since she doesn't look or act any different from a living person.
- Humongous Mecha: Michiyuki Byakko.
- Interspecies Romance: She's an elf while her husband is (or rather was) a human.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Like with her husband, the only way to tell she's a ghost is her transparent feet.
The current reigning monarch of England and president of Oxford Academy.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's a half-fairy.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical Queen Elizabeth I who was also known as Bloody Lizzie.
- Rapunzel Hair: It goes past her knees.
- Student Council President: She serves as Oxford Academy's president.
- Tsurime Eyes: Her sharp eyes reflect her arrogant and haughty personality and are one of the few traits that sets her apart from her twin sister Mary.
- Twin Switch: She and her twin sister Mary usually exchanged places when they were younger. When viewing magical images of her childhood with Mary, she admits that she doesn't really know which twin she is.
- Voice Changeling: She can change her voice to sound like her sister Mary's.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: Her haughty and aloof exterior is mainly an attitude she has to assume due to her role as Queen Elizabeth I. She has to disregard any personal feelings for the sake of the History Recreation, including her love for her twin sister who is meant to be executed.
The student council vice-president of Oxford Academy, William Cecil has an egg-shaped body and likes to participate in eating contests. 10th TRUMP.
- Blush Sticker: She has permanent blush marks on her cheeks.
- Gonk: Her body is shaped like an egg, her lips are big and swollen and her eyes look like white dots.
- Gravity Master: Variant; William ingests loads of food to increase her weight, thereby affecting how her opponents perceive gravity.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical William Cecil, an advisor to Queen Elizabeth I.
- The Noseless: She doesn't have a nose, for some reason.
- Number Two: To Elizabeth in Oxford Academy's student council.
The vice-chancellor of Oxford Academy, Robert Dudley is a frail student that causes her to have high blood pressure. 10th TRUMP.
The student council secretary of Oxford Academy, Ben Jonson's an athlete-poet and heads the academy's literary club. 9th TRUMP.
The outward appearance is that of a child, but is actually a guardian spirit that houses England's seal of state. 8th TRUMP.
- Drop the Hammer: Using his hammer, the "Seal of Queen", he can make its receiver take on the full weight of England.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Nicholas Bacon, keeper of the Great Seal during Elizabeth I's reign.
- No Biological Sex: As a fairy, Nicholas lacks physical sex. He presents "himself" as male, though.
- Our Fairies Are Different: He's a fairy acting as the guardian spirit of the Divine Weapon Seal of Queen. He has the appearance of a child with no wings and has No Biological Sex due to his spiritual nature.
The treasurer of Oxford Academy and the owner of the Royal Navy, though he has left its command to Drake, while he simply manages the fleet. 7th TRUMP.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Charles Howard, admiral of England's naval forces against the Spanish armada.
- Opaque Lenses: His eyes can't be seen because of his opaque glasses.
An elven student at Oxford Academy and the most famous writer in England, Thomas Shakespeare has a history with Toussaint. She is the wielder of the Armor of Deadly Sins "Aspida Philargia". 6th TRUMP.
- Agony Beam: Variation; Overdrive Activation of Aspida Philargia transfers pain inflicted on the wielder into ether. In Shakespeare's case, this is used to further power her abilities.
- Bag of Holding: She has a magic bag in which she carries around Aspida Philargia.
- Bokukko: She refers to herself with the Japanese male pronoun "boku". She used "watashi" when she was a child until Toussaint left the orphanage and she begins to use it again after her rematch with Toussaint.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She and Toussaint were friends when they were children and lived in the same orphanage. When they meet again in the present, their relationship gets plenty of Ship Tease.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Initially cold and hostile, but she warms up to Toussaint after he defeats her in their rematch.
- Forgotten Friend, New Foe: She and Toussaint were friends when they were kids and grew up in the same orphanage. They meet again as rivals, with Shakespeare holding a grudge against him for leaving her behind.
- Gender-Blender Name: Thomas Shakespeare is a male name.
- Interspecies Romance: She is an elven girl and it's heavily implied she has feelings for the human Toussaint.
- Loss of Identity: When she and Toussaint meet again, she says she is one of the two girls he used to be friends with in an orphanage in Tres España. She challenges him to figure out which one of the two is her. However, Toussaint tells her he was friends with only one girl, this causes Shakespeare to become confused as she can't tell which one of her two selves is the real one.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Named after the historical English playwright, poet and writer William Shakespeare.
- Rewriting Reality: Like Toussaint, Shakespeare weaponizes this, but uses Macbeth as an example. In her fight against him, she places the role of the titular character onto Toussaint, cursing him. The effect ends if "Macbeth" kills the king (in this case, Toussaint must kill Tori) or Shakespeare lifts the curse herself.
- The Stoic: Her face rarely shows emotion. Her Not So Stoic side only comes out around Toussaint.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She acts cold and calm, yet she's able to smile and be cute once you get her to open up.
- When She Smiles: Toussaint blushes when he sees her smile.
- You Are Number 6: She was called "Number Fourteen" back when she lived in the same orphanage as Toussaint.
A half-wolf former sea pirate who was given a knighthood because of his attack on Tres España expeditionary ships to the New Continent (Hokkaido) that brought in profits on par with the national budget. 5-1st TRUMP.
- I'm a Humanitarian: He eats human flesh, although he only eats people that explicitly say it's okay if he eats them.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: His War Cry attack. Doubles as a Breath Weapon.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Francis Drake, second-in-command of the English fleet fighting against the Spanish Armada.
- Trademark Favorite Drink: He has a love for milk, which he refers to as a converted state of blood.
- Unholy Matrimony: His wife is a notorious Serial Killer. He notes that if he doesn't kill her, she will kill him and eat him.
- Wolf Man: He's a half-wolf, a race of human-eating humanoid wolves.
Looks like a pervert in racing trunks, but is actually a highly capable independent officer, is partners with Drake, and fights alongside him in wartime. The president of the Boating Club. 5-2nd TRUMP
A mermaid. Often placed in charge of commanding warships due to her Abilities. During wartime, she often serves as Hawkins assistant as the Boating Club manager. 5-3rd TRUMP.
- Curtains Match the Window: Purple hair and eyes.
- Gender-Blender Name: Thomas Cavendish is a man's name.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Thomas Cavendish, an English explorer and a privateer known as "The Navigator".
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes down past her hips.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: She's the cute variety of mermaid that looks like an attractive human girl with a fish tail for a lower body.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
A sea pirate, of Scottish descent, and Elizabeth's friend. She has a sharp tongue, but a deep sense of duty and morality. Her ship handling skills are absolutely top-notch. 4th TRUMP.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Grace O'Malley, the pirate queen of Ireland.
- Pirate Girl: She plays the role of the pirate queen of Ireland in History Recreation.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has ankle-length hair.
- Taking the Bullet: Uses her ship to save the Musashi's bridge from an enemy cannon blast.
- Trademark Favorite Food: In the light novels, she is usually depicted with a donut in her mouth or in hand.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In her case, her hair is dark green.
A Living Bones. His abilities allow him to manipulate other Living Bones. His manner of speaking is a gloomy kind of energetic. 3rd TRUMP
An automoton and student at Oxford Academy, F. Walsingham can control gravity. 2nd TRUMP.
- Blade on a Stick: Two of them. Can combine into a BFG.
- Detachment Combat: Can split up her body parts and use them to attack.
- Emotionless Girl: Being an automoton, she lacks human emotions.
- Flechette Storm: Her method of attack involves unleashing a torrent of flying knives.
- Floating Limbs: She has detached arms and legs that she keeps floating through gravity control.
- Gratuitous English: Notable in that it's the only thing she speaks.
- Gravity Master: As an automaton, she can use gravitational manipulation.
- Mobile-Suit Human: She's actually a mouse using an automoton body.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Francis Walsingham, Elizabeth I's secretary of state.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is about as long as her body.
- Robot Girl: She's notable in that her appearance and speech patterns are more robotic than other automotons in the series.
A Far-Easterner under the service of Elizabeth. Uses a gravity sword. Taciturn, and has never spoken about himself. 1st TRUMP.
- Blinding Bangs: His eyes are covered by his hair.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After the historical Walter Raleigh, another favorite of Queen Elizabeth I.
- Perma-Stubble: His face is dotted by stubble.
- The Remnant: One of the survivor of his Clan.