The MC:The new student at Hollywood U. Essentially, you. Can be an actor, a fashionista, or a director, and male or female. No matter what, however, they've gotten into the school thanks to a mysterious benefactor paying for their tuition and are navigating the world of Hollywood one day at a time.
- Action Girl: Depending on the quest, the MC can go on dramatic quests risking their life for various means.
- Determinator: No matter what happens, from Hunt's insults to the Benefactor taking away their tutelage, the MC refuses to give up, even when most sane people probably would.
- Player Character
- The Protagonist
- Think Nothing of It
- Virtual Paper Doll
- Mama Bear/Papa Wolf: Can become this when defending their friends.
Addison Sinclair:The first girl to greet you at Hollywood U, and one of your closest friends in-game. Addison is a fashionista with a bubbly personality and never hesitates to help her friends out with their fashion problems. She even has her own fashion line now, Addi.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Her MayDecember Romance with Brian Ratzik comes back to bite her multiple times.
- Informed Attractiveness: She wears a variation of the quite modest fashionista outfit, but the date quests describe her wearing sexy clothes that impress your character.
- Mysterious Past: She had a MayDecember Romance with an aging producer but his wife found out and he blamed her. Heartbroken, she changed majors.
- Nice Girl
Ethan Blake:The MC's de facto agent, and probably the first agent student you'll get. He's a suave, smart businessman who believes in the finer things in life and has the business sense to get enough money to treat himself - and his friends - to those finer things often.
Aria Sheridan:A co-star of Lisa from her days on Lisa Mermaid. A cheerful and kind girl who tends to be a bit oblivious, but has a good heart - she is a celebutante. Her father is Richard Sheridan, and she loves him dearly.
- Guest-Star Party Member: If you choose not to buy her, she becomes this via her quest.
- Optional Party Member: She has to be purchased like all the other A-Listers, but has immensely more relevance to the main plotline. The biggest difference is that if you buy her, she will gift you with presents of diamonds whenever she appears in the main storyline.
- Spoiled Sweet
Crash Yamaguchi:An eccentric stunt double who aims to make everything as EXTREME as possible, even if he injures himself in the process. In fact, most likely believes that if he gets injured, it's just barely EXTREME enough for him.
Lisa Valentine:A Former Child Star on the popular TV show Lisa Mermaid. Lisa is tired of her pure and sweet image and is aiming to subvert it, to the displeasure of her mother. Despite her rebellious tendencies, she's a loyal friend to the MC.
- Contractual Purity: In-Universe.
- Expy: Of Miley Cyrus
- My Beloved Smother
- Shipper on Deck: For the PC and Chris, to the point that she can get a little too eager to literally Murder the Hypotenuse.
- Teen Idol
Harrison Byrd:A dramatic yet charming blonde who has his own sets of rules, and fancies himself a ladies man. He's the only member of the Award Show Host class.
- Expy: Of Barney Stinson of "How I Met Your Mother".
- Optional Party Member: Part of the A-Listers, and naturally, optional.
Song:A reality TV show star who knows how to exploit the Nice Girl image to the best of her ability, she's actually a dangerous Chessmaster when it comes to winning Reality TV shows. Her intro quest features her on another one that the MC helps produce.
- The Chessmaster: Knows exactly what to do to achieve her goals.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends
- Ragsto Riches
- Token Evil Teammate: She's only a member of your entourage because "[the main character] would be better off having her as a friend than as an enemy."
Rok the ReaverAn eccentric method actor who perhaps takes his roles far too seriously. His current part is on a TV show playing the dramatic warrior of olden times, Rok the Reaver. No one's quite sure if that's even his real name outside of character...
- Blood Knight
- Expy: of Thor
- Fish out of Water
- Method Acting: In-universe, he is a big believer in this, to the point where it's impossible to tell who is Rok the Reaver, and who is Rok the person.
IlyriaLisa's stepsister and a real princess. Ilyria is an A-Lister in the Fairy Tale class, and she believes that the world is like a Disney movie. She's sweet, kind, and friends with all the animals.
- All-Loving Hero
- Everything Is Better With Princesses: She's literally royalty.
- Friend to All Living Things
- The Pollyanna
- Princess Classic
Scarlet JusticeA superheroine who has fire powers and originally helps the MC and friends during what appears to be a dream sequence. In the real world, she's merely a cosplayer...or is she?
Holly Chang:A writer considered impossible to work with due to her resistance to Executive Meddling and her general resistance to any changes being made to her script. Her most famous script is the one that's never been made - 'Permanent Wound'. However, she agrees to the MC directing it, leading to their unlikely friendship.
- Brainy Brunette
- Deadpan Snarker
- Executive Meddling: In-universe: She absolutely hates this, which is why she couldn't work with any of the directors, until your character comes. Then she's a bit more open to this, until you get to the scenes in the theme park. She calls out the Silver Circle for taking away the movie's artistic integrity.
- Insufferable Genius: She wrote a spectacular script which was never produced because she was unable to work with any of the prospective directors.
- Sadist Teacher: Implied. You convince her to become a professor at this school by telling her she doesn't have to be nice.
- True Art Is Angsty: Just read "Permanent Wound's" Script.
Thomas Hunt:The MC's main professor who seems to have a personal vendetta out for them. However, he's strict, but fair in the end of all things. He formerly worked in Hollywood, but hasn't made a movie in ages. Eventually, the MC helps him direct his return.
- The Comically Serious: Let's face it, the way Thomas Hunt is so sour all the time can be pretty funny.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Insufferable Genius
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Implied. He can show moments of softness with the MC and Priya.
- Old Flame: For Singh
- Sadist Teacher: Downplayed and/or ZigZagged. He is always harder on the MC than everyone else in class and will target them for the failures of a group. Even if it wasn't their fault (the director help quest in particular). Sometimes played straight, as with the magician help quest. But he saved your MC from expulsion at the hearing.
- Teacher/Student Romance: You are given the option to go on a date with Hunt.
- Tsundere : The epitome of the male harsh type, it takes a lot of wearing down to get him to show his sweet side.
Bianca Stone:A spoiled girl who immediately hates the MC with a passion. She's the daughter of Anders Stone and used to getting what she wants, when she wants it. When she cannot get that, she settles for manipulating people, and when that fails, she throws a temper tantrum.
- Alpha Bitch: She makes it her personal mission to ruin your character. Just because you accidentally spilled wine on her.
- Bad "Bad Acting": Her character in Clash at Sunset is absolutely horrible. Then comes Ms. Right, in which she is obviously trying and failing to act sweet, only to ruin it when Song seduces Lance.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The reason the MC draws her ire? They accidentally spilled wine on her.
- Enemy Mine: She only works with the MC once: to prank Hunt. The reason is because the only thing she hates more than the MC is Hunt.
- Kick the Dog: In the New Year's special questline, Bianca mocks Addison to her face that her dying mother might not make it to the next New Year's. Then gets her, you, and Ethan arrested by security for trumped-up charges.
- Never My Fault: When things start going wrong for her, she is very quick to blame anyone who isn't herself.
- Pet the Dog: On a few occasions. She saved your company from going into her family's hands, even if it was just to get back at her abusive father.
- The Prima Donna: She can't even claim to be good at acting. Her character in your first movie is so wooden and dull, the only thing that saves you is a last-minute script change to make her character a robot.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: She only gets a major role in your first film because her father funds it after things go south with a tank.
- Spoiled Brat
- Toxic Friend Influence: Her friends all seem to be pretty decent people when she's not around.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's secretly terrified of heights.
Shae:A Makeup Artist in Bianca's Posse.
- Everyone Can See It: with Dean.
- HeelFace Turn: Once the MC becomes aware of her home life and financial situation, and immediately after Bianca kicks her out of her entourage, they're quick to offer support, which Shae is grateful for.
- Hidden Depths: She's the sole income in her 3 person family and her mother is very ill. She's also head over heels for Dean.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: It becomes clear in the makeup help quest that Shae is quite kind when Bianca isn't around.
- Punch-Clock Villain: She only hangs around with Bianca because Bianca pays her a stipend for doing her makeup. Her mother is too sick to work and she has a little sister to take care of.
- Think Nothing of It: During "Overshadowed," she helps your makeup artist out of a bind when Bianca sabotages them.
Jenni Whitman:Social Media Obsessed Lady of Bianca's Entourage.
- Berserk Button: Take her phone away, and she'll go postal.
- Beta Bitch: The Beta to Bianca's Alpha.
- Hidden Depths: In the Blog Eat Blog Quest you find out that her parents are going through an extremely rough divorce and keep trying to get her to pick a side.
- Social Media Before Reason: Girl literally tweets about everything while it's happening no matter how inappropriate. Though it turns out she has a good reason: because of her parents' divorce, and the feud because of it, she feels that social media is the only way she can be noticed.
Lance Sergio:Bianca's Boyfriend and a male model.
- Brainless Beauty
- Hidden Heart of Gold: He has shown some of this while Bianca was trying to make Addison lose her internship.
- In addition, he does have his limits as to how much Bianca can control him, as shown by the fact that he will not leave a modeling shoot if he's needed for it, no matter what Bianca says.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Beautiful!: He seems to think that the world works this way.
- Too Dumb to Live: In "Caught Off Guard" (the bodyguard quest), there is one group of students (called "assassins") whose assignment is to tag people in the other group with red stickers. Lance was "assassinated" very early because he refused to run away and destroy his looks. What if this was real, and stickers were knives?
- Walking Shirtless Scene
Anders Stone:Bianca's Father who is an extremely rich and influential man. Much like his daughter, he also has a vendetta out for the MC.
- Abusive Parent:
- He alternates between spoiling Bianca rotten and making it clear she's not as good as her sister.
- He threatens to disinherit Desiree if she accepts a movie offer from your character.
- Evil Is Petty: When you think about it, Anders Stone is a very successful billionaire, head of a powerful production company, yet he's trying to destroy you, a student who happened to piss off his daughter whom he doesn't even seem to care for that much.
- Kick the Dog: He makes you let Bianca play the lead role in your movie, cheats you out of a $25 million revenue, refuses to vouch for you and even recommends your expulsion, and tells you that your name won't be in the credits of your own movie.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: He is your textbook example, screwing you out of your movie, revenue, credits, and all, simply because he has the money to do so. When it comes to screwing the rules, this game has it all.
Brian Ratzik:A rich, influential old Hollywood man who has a taste for younger ladies. Not too fond of the MC either, but is at least Affably Evil.
- Manipulative Bastard
- MayDecember Romance: with Addison.
- Later seen dating Jenni in one of Addison's dating quests. Addison and the MC find Ratzik hitting on other women when Jenni isn't around. The relationship ends when the MC gets Jenni to discover such pictures on Twitter. Ratzik couldn't even remember Jenni's name.
- Later seen with another younger woman new to Hollywood on one of Lisa's dating quests. Lisa and the MC screw that one over for him by acting as scorned lovers, however.
- Money, Dear Boy: You can skip him meeting with Addison again, and get a better result by simply paying him off.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheats on his wife with someone much younger by telling them that his marriage is over. When the scandal is revealed convinces his wife and the media that he was seduced by a young star and it's all their fault.
Kip ValmontA member of the influential Valmont family, and in addition, an influential member of the Circle. He tends to act as the MC's supervisor for the time that they're in the circle.
- Older Than He Looks: It's made mention that apparently Kip has been in the Circle for ages, looking exactly the same as he does currently.
- Spoiled Brat
Samantha ValmontKip's sister and an agent. Acts as the MC's agent when Ethan is taken out of his job by the Circle's manipulations. Also a member of the Circle.
- Executive Meddling: Thanks to her harshness, one scene in Permanent Wound was ruined so badly that it had to be rewritten.
- Hidden Depths: Helps the MC escape after their plan to humiliate the Circle succeeds.
- Workaholic: If her story about her dog doesn't convince you of this, then nothing will.
Carlotta ValentineLisa's mother and 'agent' since her days on Lisa Mermaid. She's very dedicated to her daughter's pure image, and holds a grudge against the MC for helping Lisa escape it. Later, she marries a prince (only for his money) and attempts to do the same to Ilyria.
- Abusive Parent: A borderline example. She loves her daughter, Lisa, but is very against the idea of letting her live her own life.
- It turns out that Carlotta refused to let Lisa go because of the money she makes. She comes up with other ways to make money once Lisa disappears.
- Later played horrifyingly straight when she plans to use Ilyria as a scapegoat for raking in contract deals and money for her own ends.
- Gold Digger: She marries a prince because Lisa has left her.
- Manipulative Bitch:
- She uses all sorts of persuasive techniques to get a prince to marry her.
- She was working on a film with a very unsafe set and meager pay. Anybody who backed out tended to end up in the hospital. Then she kidnaps you as bait for the superhero Starstrike, since you two have been bothering her for too long.
- My Beloved Smother
Richard Sheridan:Aria's father. A rich man who takes very good care of his daughter, but makes very bad puns. When there's not enough funding at the end, he helps fund Permanent Wound.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents
- For the Lulz: Absolutely adores antagonizing Anders at any available opportunity.
- Good Parents: A damn sight better than Anders Stone.
- Large Ham
- Nice Guy
- Pungeon Master
Zoe Rodriguez:A tomboyish and grungy Action Hero girl who hates being too girly, even when it comes to her wedding, which the MC helps her prepare for. Later revealed to be formerly part of the Circle.
- Action Girl: Naturally as an Action Hero she falls into this trope.
- Bi the Way: Is officially this in story when she becomes a couple with Desiree.
- Official Couple: Starts off as this with Chance, then becomes this with Desiree.
- The One That Got Away: With Ethan Blake.
- One of the Guys
- Outdoorsy Gal
- Tomboy: Enjoys stereo-typically masculine activities like working out, fighting, dresses in camouflage, does her own stunts, and expresses distaste for femininity.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: When we find out that she's good friends with Desiree Stone.
Chris Winters:A famous movie star who is close friends with the MC. Has loads of fangirls and loads of charm to go with it.
- Expy: In appearance, he seems very similar to Chris Pratt. Even their first name is the same!
- Official Couple: The developers clearly intend to make him the main love interest with the MC due to his abundance of romance quests and his Ship Tease even within the main storyline.
- Nice Guy: The first major celebrity to welcome you to Hollywood U, in addition to doing a number of favors for you within the storyline proper.
- Rags to Riches
Tyler Winters:Chris Winters' younger brother. Inexperienced in the ways of Hollywood, but has a talent for writing. The MC helps him discover his talent in a quest chain.
- Country Cousin: In this case Chris's naive younger brother.
- Rags to Riches: Thanks to his rich brothers.
Sean Winters:Chris Winters' younger brother, and the star of his own reality TV show. A wine making tycoon 'looking for love'.
- Rags to Riches: States that he and his brothers grew up poor or lower middle class, but then he got into the wine making business.
- Narcissist: When introduced mentions his "dreamy brown eyes and chiseled jaw" also kicks out a contestant because they were talking about another girl and not him.
Desiree Stone:Bianca's older sister and the rebellious daughter out of the two. She desires to escape her family's negative image, and helps the MC when it comes to their second movie.
- Affably Evil: Even after you find out that she betrayed you, she is sweet to you.
- The Atoner: She really feels guilty about what she did to both Artemis and you and of late has began making amends.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She partnered up with you so she could eventually take control of your company.
- Psycho Lesbian: She admits that she's attracted to her best friend Zoe after realizing she's jealous of all the time she's spending with Artemis. So like a rational human being, she internet searches Artemis to page 30 of google and finds a video she was clearly forced into doing at age 14 about clean up of an oil spill. Desiree then plays it at an awards show thus trying to ruin Artemis' career solely because she thought it looked like Zoe and Artemis were on a date. She only shows regret over her actions before the commercial plays and Zoe says Desiree will always be her #1.
- Nice Girl: Zoe asks if it's okay if Desiree attends the wrap-up party for Permanent Wound. The MC can respond by saying that she's a Stone in name only, and that she's always welcome.
- Subverted, sadly. She turns out to be the traitor betraying the MC.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: With Zoe Rodriguez.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: Have you seen Anders Stone?!
- Wow She Really Can Act: The cast and crew's reaction when she actually starts acting.
Dean:A special FX tech, and one of the best in the business. He helps the MC with their special FX in their movies, and gets into a relationship with Shae.
- The Ace: When it comes to special effects, no one is faster or better than Dean.
- Adorkable: At least to Shae.
- Everyone Can See It: With Shae.
- I Can't Believe A Girl Like You Would Notice Me
- Nerd Glasses
Chance:A famous basketball player, and Zoe's former fiancé. Has an ego to match his b-ball skills.
- Dumb Jock: Chance the basketball star, while not overtly malicious, is oblivious and far too easily swayed by the thought of the adoring public. He ends up surprise-scrapping the one thing his fiancée wanted in their wedding ceremony because Twitter told him to. Then after she understandably ditches him at the altar, he takes off with another girl whose name he can't remember even though it's on her luggage, leaving the player character high and dry. And then he thinks that he can reconcile with Zoe while she's shooting a scene in Permanent Wound, just because he got an anonymous text that said so.
- Jerk Jock
- It's All About Me
The BenefactorThe mysterious benefactor that's been providing the MC with their tuition so long as they join the Secret Circle of Secrets they run known as the Circle. Nothing is known about them, especially not their identity.
See Richard Sheridan for more tropes.—-