Protagonists | Hallownest (Assorted NPCs, Historic Characters, Bosses) | Pharloom
They see your peace, woven of faith and toil,
They forget your heart, bound in slumber and servitude,
When you wake they shall see your truth,
A beast's nature bare to all.
The kingdom Hornet traverses in Hollow Knight: Silksong. Haunted "by silk and song", Pharloom is dedicated to faith and pilgrimage.
Pharloom InhabitantsThe many creatures who have made their home in the mysteries land of Pharloom
- Distaff Counterpart: To Cornifer from the first game, taking his role as the map maker.
- I Will Find You: She is searching for her missing master, who vanished under strange circumstances.
A large bug working in the Deep Docks. For the right price, she can craft tools and traps for Hornet.
- Bad Boss: She'll laugh if Hornet attacks her assistant, Ballow.
- Royal "We": She uses the "royal we" to refer to herself, though it's unclear if she's really royalty.
- Verbal Tic: She uses the Royal "We" to refer to herself.
- MookFace Turn: He may look like one of the enemies found in the Deep Docks, but Ballow isn't antagonistic at all.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Hornet can hit him if she pleases, though she won't deal damage to him. Doing so will make the Forge-Daughter laugh, though.
Bosses of PharloomLike Hallownest, Pharloom is full of many powerful foes that Hornet must face, some stronger than others.
Lace is a female bug living in Pharloom. A skilled but malevolent fencer using a pin, she is purported to become a recurring enemy for Hornet as she travels up.
- Counter Attack: Lace can adopt a defensive position and wait for Hornet to strike her to enact a counterattack in which she rapidly stabs forward several times.
- Dance Battler: Lace fights gracefully, adding dramatic, dancer-like poses to her fencing strikes.
- Evil Laugh: Does this if Hornet dies while fighting her.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Seems to be one for Hornet herself, effectively taking the role she had — A skilled, elegant female warrior who serves as a recurring adversary for the protagonist — in the original Hollow Knight. Her moveset the first time Hornet encounters her is even very similar to the moveset Hornet had in her first battle with the Knight.
- Flash Step: She can quickly disappear and reappear from another position to take Hornet by surprise.
- Light Is Not Good: Is clad in white clothes, but wants to kill Hornet as soon as she sees her, delighting in the pain she will inflict.
Backer: Jaspal Broodam
A skilled hunter from a distant land, who, alongside his two highly trained companions, has been tasked to eliminate Hornet.
- Natural Weapon: His nose, which he uses as both a blade and a whip.
- Sinister Schnoz: He's one of Hornet's rivals and has a nose that's both long and deadly.