Star TeamsTalented first-year students who aspire to enter the musical department in their second year that are chosen through an audition at the start of the school year. Chosen students are directly taught by the members of the Kao Council, the most talented students from the Musical Department who stand at the top within the academy.
Pertaining to the whole group:
- Animal Motifs:
- Hoshitani — Dog
- Nayuki — Chick
- Tsukigami — Penguin
- Tengenji — Cat
- Kuga — Wolf
- Color-Coded Characters: Hoshitani is green, Nayuki is yellow, Tengenji is red, Tsukigami is blue, and Kuga is purple.
- Demoted to Extra: In-universe, as they are no longer a Star Team after Otori leaves the Kao Council.
- Five-Man Band:
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Otori stuck all of them together because they failed the audition.
- Theme Naming: All of the members' family names have a kanji character in relation to the sky. They also reference the five troupes of the Takarazuka Revue.
- Hoshitani (星谷): Star (星)
- Nayuki (那雪): Snow (雪)
- Tsukigami (月皇): Moon (月)
- Tengenji (天花寺): Heaven (天). Although the kanji is different, Tengenji is based off of the Flower (花) Troupe.
- Kuga (空閑): Sky (空). Although the kanji is different, Kuga is based off the Cosmos (宙) Troupe.
- True Companions: They're working at it, anyway.
Loved singing and dancing from a young age, and had vaguely been longing to become a star that can sing and dance. In the fall of his 2nd year in middle school, he was deeply touched by a certain high schooler's performance. Following that student who was wearing an Ayanagi Academy musical department uniform, he enters Ayanagi. In middle school he was in the ordinary department, and is basically an amateur concerning musicals and theater. However, his motivation and absorption of skills is top notch, and is a mood-maker who can be bright and optimistic no matter how hard the obstacle is.
- Affectionate Nickname: His family calls him Yu-chan.
- Book Dumb: His midterm results were severely low and he had to ask Tsukigami to be his tutor.
- The Determinator: Practices every day to make sure that he doesn't drag down his team.
- Everyone Can See It: His hero worship of/crush on Otori. The whole team knows about it.
- Foil: To Otori. Both are the fun-loving members of their Star Teams, who prefer to enjoy the music they're creating rather than crafting a perfect performance. Unlike Otori, however, he has the ability to convince his team to have fun along with him.
- Genki Guy: Clearly the most cheerful in Team Otori.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Averted: his weakness is animals, mosty especially cats. When he was little, his father bought a cat shaped decoration that was scary-looking and huge. It was so traumatic that he became afraid of cats.
- The Klutz: Can't seem to handle his spins and turns.
- Large Ham: His "acting".
- The Load: As the least experienced member of Team Otori, though he works hard to grow out of the role.
- Love You and Everybody: What does he say after Nayuki "confesses"? "Me too! I like you and everyone else." Actually an aversion, since he really does like the whole team equally.
- Magnetic Hero: The others can't help but be drawn to him, whether they like it or not.
- Meaningful Name: Hoshitani means "star valley", while Yuta is written with the characters for "permanent" and "grand".
- Not a Date: He and Nayuki accidentally go on a date without realizing until well into it.
- Ship Tease: With Otori and Nayuki, though with Nayuki, it's one-sided towards him. He and Otori are practically canon as of the end of season 2.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The proper romanization would be Yuuta, but the show spells it as Yuta.
- The Rival: To Tatsumi.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Hamburger curry.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Is afraid of cats. And apparently every other animal on the planet.
Kind to all and always smiling. Graduated from Ayanagi's middle school and has enough skills, but has a severe case of stage fright and can not show his full capabilities on the main stage. Perhaps due to lack of self-confidence, he tends to be negative and is often depressed. Each time, he is comforted by Hoshitani's optimism and brightness, and looks up to him. Has twin younger sisters, who often worry about him.
- Affectionate Nickname: His nicknames in middle school were "Yuki" (snow), "Yuuki", and other names that are related to snow.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Nayuki when he's stressed is a scary experience.
- Big Brother Instinct: Is very defensive over his sisters.
- Cant Holdhis Liquor: He can get drunk simply by eating liquor chocolate.
- The Cutie
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Loves cooking, is polite, shy, sensitive and sweet, the least masculine-looking one in the group, wears a pink apron when doing "housework"...
- Love Confession: Delivers a rather passionate one to Hoshitani at the end of episode 11. It was meant to be platonic, though, as the Japanese language has various ways to say "I love you" depending on the relationship. Unfortunately, there's no way to make that clear in an English translation.
- Luminescent Blush: Often, owing to his Shrinking Violet persona.
- Meaningful Name: His last name Nayuki contains the character for "snow", while Toru is written with the character for "transparent" or "to pass through".
- The Napoleon: Is the shortest of the team. This causes him more angst that it seems, and in season 2, he bonds with Ugawa over this.
- Nice Guy: Probably the nicest of Team Otori. He even goes out of his way to make Team Hiragi food during the training camp.
- Not a Date: He and Hoshitani accidentally go on a date without realizing until well into it.
- Ship Tease: With Hoshitani.
- Shrinking Violet
- Spell My Name with an "S": The show spells it as Toru, but it can be spelled as Tooru or Tohru.
- Team Mom: Hoshitani himself notes this in an episode preview.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sichuan style Mapo Tofu with the spiciness up a notch.
His father is a famous producer, his mother is one of the most prolific theatrical actresses in Japan, and his older brother is a young musical star who graduated from Ayanagi Academy's musical department. He is a born elite. He respects his older brother, but dislikes the conditions where everything he does is compared to his sibling, and can sometimes lack the ability to stay calm.
- The Ace: The most competent member of the team, according to Otori himself. His only issue is his Berserk Button.
- Badass Family: In regards to the entertainment business. They have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies.
- Big Brother Worship: Contrary to how most people believe that he resents his older brother and his talents, in reality, whenever the two brothers are together, its obvious there is no hate there. What always makes Kaito angry is not his brothers success, but others insistence on constantly comparing him to his brother and not appreciate him for his own talents.
- Berserk Button: Being compared to his more talented older brother.
- Can't Catch Up: His main issue.
- Catchphrase: "Yare yare..."
- Coattail-Riding Relative: Averted. The last thing he wants is to be compared to his older brother.
- Deadpan Snarker: He has his moments, usually with Tengenji.
- Family Business: Entertainment. His father is a famous theater director, his mother is a stage actress representing Japan, and his older brother is a famous star in the Musical world and a previous member of Ayanagi Gakuen's Kao Council.
- Foil: To Hiragi. Both have large familial legacies to live up to, and have a bit of a Brother Complex.
- It Runs in the Family: In entertainment. Notable in Team Otori for only failing the interview - and that's because he walked out.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Averted. Tatsumi calls him the "Hidden Efforts Otaku".
- Luminescent Blush: Although it's rather dark at the backstage for one of Haruto's photoshoot, he certainly sports a bright blush when his brother praises him and his accomplishments with his team throughout the school year.
- Meaningful Name: Tsukigami means "moon emperor", referring to the natural of his family; but Kai means "ocean, water". Like how the illusion in the water is considered a mere reflection of the true moon in the sky, others constantly compare him to his brother and not recognize him for who he is.
- The Rival: To Tatsumi in middle school.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Strawberry milk. He knows the golden ratio to make one is 5 strawberries to 200cc of milk, blended for 45 seconds.
- Successful Sibling Syndrome: In regards to his older brother.
- Super Family Team: His father is a media mogul, his mother a famous actress, and his brother an up-and-coming entertainer. He's following in their footsteps in Ayanagi as well.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Tengenji. Even the normally quiet Kuga addresses it, wondering if these two could actually be a good combination.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Literally.
An heir to one of the families of kabuki. The prince of the kabuki world. Aware that he is an elite, and is confident of his skills and talents. He entered Ayanagi due to his family's policy, but he looks down on everyone else as people below him. That thought also applies to teachers and upperclassmen. Because he's lived in a world full of adults from a very young age, he is bad at communicating with peers, and does not fully understand the concept of friends.
- Badass Longcoat: His stage costume, and as a bonus, fur.
- Catchphrase: "...you boor!"
- Chick Magnet: Has a crowd of squealing fangirls at the gates of the Academy, all of whom have gathered to see "The Prince of the Kabuki World."
- Cuteness Proximity: In regards to cats.
- Family Business: Kabuki theatre.
- Flower Motifs: His image song is even titled "World of Flowers".
- Hidden Depths: Seems like a Jerkass at first, but is shown to be a cat-lover and readily gets into a fist fight when Kaito is insulted.
- Jerkass: He gets better, though, with Hoshitani's and rest of the group's influence.
- Meaningful Name: Kakeru means "to soar", with Tengenji being composed of the characters for "sky", "flowers", and "temple".
- Sarashi: Wears one under his costume during his "World of Flowers" performance.
- Tsundere: Type A.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: When Tavian escapes. He even sheds a few tears - a far cry from his default persona.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Tsukigami. Even the normally quiet Kuga addresses it, wondering if these two could actually be a good combination.
Has a scary face and is reticent so he may cause misconceptions, but he is just lacking in interest of things, and does not harm other people. When you are really in trouble, he is kind enough to be the first person to offer help. He attended schools for acting and dancing. Learned piano on his own. A poor student, his tuition is paid by scholarship, and he earns his living expenses through part-time jobs.
- Book Dumb: He is great at practical-based subjects, but very bad at classroom-based subjects. His scores got so low that he had Tengenji tutor him.
- Childhood Friends: With Toraishi.
- Cool Bike: That he lends out all the time, and that fails him on his way to the auditions.
- Disappeared Dad: Died when he was a child.
- High Hopes, Zero Talent: Averted. Toraishi notes that he's very talented, but he was late to the auditions, thereby disqualifying him. By all accounts, he should have been in Team Hiragi along with him.
- I Just Want My Beloved to Be Happy: A familial variant with his mother. His main motivation is to show her a real musical.
- Meaningful Name: Kuga can be interpreted as "tranquil sky".
- Nice Guy: Lets Toraishi borrow his bike all the time, tells Tengenji about Nayuki and Hoshitani looking for his cat, notifies Kaito of a missed call, and reminds Hoshitani to consider others' perspectives.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The proper romanization would be Shuu, but the show spells it as Shu.
- Team Dad: Not overtly, but given his Nice Guy behavior, he looks out for his teammates beyond normal friendly consideration.
- The Quiet One: The least talkative of the team, his words are usually brief.
- The Stoic: His expression rarely changes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Well, purple.
Pertaining to the whole group:
- Animal Motifs:
- Tatsumi — Dragon
- Sawatari — Monkey
- Ugawa — Rabbit
- Toraishi — Tiger
- Inumine — Dog
- Color-Coded Characters:
- Tatsumi — Turquoise
- Sawatari — Gold
- Ugawa — Pink
- Toraishi — Grey
- Inumine — Orange
- Five-Man Band:
- Theme Naming: All of the members, except Toraishi, have family names written with a kanji character for one of the twelve zodiac animals. Toraishi's family name, however, does include a kanji character for the word "tiger".
- Tatsumi (辰己): Dragon (辰), fifth sign in the Chinese zodiac
- Sawatari (申渡): Monkey (申), ninth sign in the Chinese zodiac
- Ugawa (卯川): Rabbit (卯), fourth sign in the Chinese zodiac
- Inumine (戌峰): Dog (戌), eleventh sign in the Chinese zodiac
- Toraishi (虎石): Tiger (虎). If the kanji character in his family name followed the others, it would be written as 寅, third sign in the Chinese zodiac.
Leader of team Hiragi. He was classmates with Ageha, Tsukigami and Sawatari in the top class of Ayanagi's Music Department during middle school. His talents for musicals are comparable to Tsukigami, and always fought Tsukigami for the top of the class back in middle school. Has a very gentle demeanor and gives a frail impression, but concerning showbiz is very stern to himself and to others.
- Affectionate Nickname: Ugawa calls him "Tatsumin".
- Catchphrase: Habitually defers to Eigo Sawatari's opinions about things with "Ne, Eigo?"
- Childhood Friends: With Eigo. The Sawatari family had been the Tatsumi family's stewards for many generations, and they have known each other since birth. They are childhood friends, classmates, roommates, and teammates.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: If he had longer hair, he would pass as a girl.
- In-Series Nickname: The "Princess" to Eigo's "Knight".
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: He looks very feminine, loves cooking, and is good at using the sewing machine. Emphasis on the "love" since he's not good at it. He mentions that he's bad at home economics.
- Lethal Chef: His cooking has (a) given Tsukigami nightmares since junior high and (b) poisoned the Kao Council during the sport festival. In the official comic anthology, he cooks with an electric saw and manages to blow up the kitchen.
- Meaningful Name: The Ru in his name Rui means "gem".
- Nice Guy: Apologize's to Team Otori about Ugawa's behavior, and gives Hoshitani Otori's email address.
- Running Gag: His infamous cooking skills.
- Pungeon Master: He seems to like making puns and remarks that Kaito would always laugh out loud at them.
- Princely Young Man: Has a whole character song dedicated to his elegance.
- The Rival:
- To Kaito during middle school, who later inspired him to pursue the path to becoming a musical star.
- To Yuta in high school.
- Super Strength: In Season 1, he breaks the chains securing the back iron gates of the Hiragi family villa by pushing the gates wide open with his bare hands. Season 2 makes reference to this by showing the gates being more tightly secured than before with multiple big and heavy chains.
- Those Two Guys: With Eigo.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Anything fermented.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He played the role of an "exotic princess" back in his middle school's drama club. Since then, he has been called "Princess" and was reduced to playing female roles for the school festival.
Holds team Hiragi's advisor-type position. The type that masters musicals from analysis more than feeling. He comes from the top class of Ayanagi's Music Department in middle school like Ageha, Tatsumi and Tsukigami, and had high scores. Tatsumi is a family friend, and often does things together with him.
- Affectionate Nickname: Ugawa calls him "Saru-kun".
- Childhood Friends: With Tatsumi. The Sawatari family had been the Tatsumi family's stewards for many generations, and they have known each other since birth. They are childhood friends, classmates, roommates, and teammates.
- The Comically Serious: He says the most embarrassing things with the straightest face.Sawatari: No matter how bad his cooking is, *cue sparkles everywhere* Tatsumi is definitely worthy of being a king.
- Early-Bird Cameo: In Season 1 Act 1, before The official introduction of Team Hiragi in Season 1 Act 4.
- First-Name Basis: He used to call Tatsumi by his first name, until his grandmother (who still viewed the Tatsumi family as superiors) scolded him for doing so.
- In-Series Nickname: The "Knight" to Eigo's "Princess".
- Keigo: 24/7.
- Meaningful Name: Eigo is written with the kanji for "prosperity" and "enlightenment"
- Punny Name: His name also means "English" when written using different kanji characters. Tatsumi actually made a pun about this when they were studying for the final exams.
- Those Two Guys: With Tatsumi.
The little demon of team Hiragi. Contrary to the cute looks, the comments are caustic. Hates losing, and is a bit selfish. However, very weak against Tatsumi who he looks up to. He and Tengenji seem to hate each other. Becomes more sympathetic in season 2.
- Affectionate Nickname: His nicknames in middle school were "Akira" and "Ugayan".
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: People's first impression of him is 'cute' or they mistaken him to be a girl which he finds it rude.
- Jerkass: Taunts Tsukigami about his family issues and doesn't even stop when asked by his other teammates.
- He later mellows down and becomes a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Meaningful Name: Akira can be interpreted as "sparkle", "clear", or "crystal".
- The Nicknamer: He calls Tatsumi as "Tatsumin" and Sawatari as "Saru-kun".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Reddish pink.
The flimsy guy of team Hiragi. Loves girls, and is very popular. Has a huge array of women who are his type. Childhood friends with Kuga, and from the same middle school. Often uses Kuga's motorcycle for his dates, causing complaints on occasion.
- The Casanova: When he's not at practice with his teammates, he's always out flirting and taking girls places on Kuga's bike. Kuga doesn't even bat an eye when he's missing because Kuga assumes that Toraishi is out at a girl's place again.
- His character song has him shouting Thank you girls for being born! Thank you for looking at me!
- Chick Magnet: Often uses Kuga's bike to take out girls.
- Childhood Friends: With Kuga.
- Custom Uniform: "Please refrain from wearing personal ornaments" is written in his report book.
- Japanese Delinquents: In middle school, Toraishi used to fight a lot and is said to have been good at it. It's revealed that his mother is a former yankee.
- Like Fatherlike Son: Sawatari deduces that Toraishis urge to take care of others probably comes from his mother, who is weak to cute puppy-like people (e.g. Hoshitani, Kuga's mom) and handsome princely-type men (e.g. Tatsumi, Tsukigami).
- Lovable Jock: He used to be a baseball player in middle school.
- Manly Tears: He cries easily, even when reading manga.
The mood-maker of team Hiragi. Has innate talent for acting, singing, and dancing. Also blessed with a good physique, and has a bright, friendly personality. A natural born star, much like a pop idol. However, according to his teammates, he is "worthless outside of musicals".
- Adorkable: At all times.
- Animal Motifs: The most evident as other characters actually treat him like a pet dog. His nickname during middle school was 'retriever'.
- His family owns a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown, Yokohama called the Bow-Wow House. He dresses up as its mascot, Shumai Dog, and performs at events.
- Big Eater: In his own words:Inumine: I can eat everything but rocks!
- Book Dumb: He failed the midterm exams and had to take the make-up exams twice, which he also failed. The teachers allowed him to pass because they gave up and figured his good grades in performing arts would make up for it in the final exams.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He randomly breaks out into songs about the most trivial things, he easily gets separated from his team and usually it's Toraishi who have to grab him by the scruff of his neck and drag him back, he mistakes a CD for a donut, etc. the examples are endless.
- Cute Little Fangs: Sports a pair.
- Early-Bird Cameo: In Season 1 Act 1, before The official introdution of Team Hiragi in Season 1 Act 4.
- Meaningful Name: "Inu" means dog, and he has the canines to match.
- Super Strength: He has no control over his strength and breaks ten blocks of wood during woodblock printing. In Season 1, he breaks through the wall of Hiragi family villa's warehouse, leaving a hole resembling his figure behind.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green.
Pertaining to the whole group:
- Ascended Extra: Though they were already around at the time, only their names were shown in Season 1.
- Theme Naming: All of the members' family names have a kanji character in relation to insects.
- Ageha (揚羽): Wing (羽)
- Hachiya (蜂矢): Bee (蜂)
- Koumoto (甲本): Armor/Shell (甲)
- Keihi (蛍灯): Firefly (蛍)
- Arisaka (蟻坂): Ant (蟻)
The leader of Team Yuzuriha, a mysterious and sharp-tongued guy who people can't seem to read. He idolizes Tsukigami Haruto, who inspired him to become a musical actor, and wants to follow him in his footsteps and perform with him in the future. He was classmates with Nanjo during his first year of middle school and classmates with Kaito, Tatsumi and Sawatari in the top class of the Music Department at some point in middle school.
- Affectionate Nickname: Yuzuriha calls him "Monsieur Ageha".
- First-Name Basis: With Hachiya and later on, Hoshitani.
- Otaku: He is a big, big, big fan of Tsukigami Haruto and calls him a "god". He mentions that a bad point about him is that he does not know everything about Haruto, and that his favorite place is the Kao Council Data room since it is where he can see his god.
- Hidden Depths: It's never shown in the series proper but it's mentioned that he's good in English.
- The Rival: Views Kaito and Yuta as this.
- Those Two Guys: With Hachiya.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Hamburger and junk food.
An alumni of the Music Department at Ayanagi's middle school and a former child actor. He is always seen with Ageha, his classmate, roommate, and teammate, and though they like each other's company, he wants Ageha to spread his wings and make new friends.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: When he was a child, he was often mistaken as a girl and once he was scouted.
- The Klutz: His nickname is Dojikko. He forgets his wallet, and forgets his keys after picking up the wallet. Also from his answers in the Star-Myu Q&A Volume 4.
- Doesn't have a preferred mode of travel since no matter what step he takes he will end up falling down. He is fine as long as he reaches the place safe and sound.
- He often drops chopsticks and forks, hits his head when he is in a hurry to pick it up.
- He likes all drinks but finds that he would likely spill it. He is cautious of hot drinks.
Pertaining to the whole group:
- Ascended Extra: Though they were already around at the time, only their names were shown in Season 1.
- Theme Naming: All of the members' family names have a kanji character in relation to directions.
- Kitahara (北原): North (北)
- Nanjou (南條): South (南)
- Nakakouji (中小路): Middle (中)
- Toudou (東堂): East (東)
- Kozai (香西): West (西)
The leader of Team Sazanami, who only entered Ayanagi because of the wishes of his family, so he doesn't have any particular interest in musicals.
- Catchphrase: "Guilty"/"Not guilty".
- The Gadfly: He relieves stress by messing with Izumi, Ugawa and Hachiya.
- The Nicknamer: Calls Yuta "Miracle Hoshitani".
- Trademark Favorite Food: Nerimono.
Like Ren, he doesn't have any particular interest in musicals as he only entered Ayanagi because he wanted to be part of the entertainment world. He was the class representative and vice president of the student council in middle school, and even after becoming a musical department student in high school, he still serves as the class representative.
- Affectionate Nickname: He was called "Kou" and "Sei" (an alternate reading of his name) in middle school.
- Catchphrase: "Anyway, if you ask me..."
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Is the most laid-back member of the team, and believes that he'll be selected for training even if he doesn't try hard.
- The Mole: He is suspected to be a spy for the New Kao Council because he hangs around Fuyusawa a lot. Turns out he was only helping Fuyusawa out to get information to help Yuta, Rui, and the others.
- The Nicknamer: Calls Yuta "Miracle Hoshitani", but only sometimes, unlike Ren who does it most (if not all) of the time.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: His singing voice is much deeper than his speaking one.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The closest romanization would be Kouki, but the show spells it as Koki.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Thai, Indonesian and Malaysian cuisine.
Kao CouncilThe Kao Council is a group of third-year students who stand at the top of the Musical Department, serving as Ayanagi Gakuen's student council. In a school that respects the independence of students, the members have a strong voice among the faculty and staff. Because graduating from it promises to be the ultimate backup for a musical actor, it is admired by all the students.
Pertaining to the Kao Council:
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council
- Big Man on Campus: All the members seem to be regarded as this.
- Nepotism: The Kao Council was originally a group of four peoople, but the number of members was raised to five as the director wanted his grandson Hiragi and his other grandson Otori on the council.
Pertaining to the whole group:
- Animal Motifs:
- Otori — Bear
- Hiragi — Bear
- Akatsuki — Fox
- Yuzuriha — Mouse
- Sazanami — Sheep
- Five-Man Band:
- Put on a Bus: In Season 3 which is set after their graduation, but they appear in flashbacks and in an episode where they talk about their worries regarding the rift between the current Kao Council and their old teams.
An elite born into the branch family of Ayanagi Academy's chairman clan, but has no care for status or glory. With the reason of "they look interesting", he picks up Hoshitani and the other four during the musical department auditions. Adept at hiding his true feelings, so everyone around him think of him as a "strange senpai". His skills are top notch. A genius and a nonconformist.
- The Ace: According to Haruto, he was the most suitable to be the lead member of the Kao Council, talent-wise.
- Black Sheep: Of his family, both immediate and extended, as a member of a branch of the Hiragi family.
- Catchphrase: "Boys~"
- I Just Want My Beloved to Be Happy: A familial variant with Hiragi.Otori: I just want you to start having fun again.
- I Will Find You: A promise he made to his younger twin, Hiragi. He does find him, but leaves him again.
- Nepotism: Implied to have been put on the Council as a result of his grandfather's influence and Hiragi's interference on his behalf: not that he himself wants the position.
- Peek-a-Bangs: A very subtle kind.
- Poisonous Friend: At least perceived to be so by the other members of the Kao Council.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A very light lavender. Counts as a white-haired boy.
Heir to the Hiragi clan, who have been chairmen of Ayanagi Academy for generations. As the top student in the musical department and future chairman of the school, he feels it's his duty to pick out and groom the most talented students who are worthy of bearing the Ayanagi brand. So serious that he is not accommodating at all. He acknowledges Otori's talent more than anyone else, and so worked behind the scenes to have him enter the Kao Council. He is livid about Otori's unprecedented actions; particularly regarding adding Hoshitani et al into the star slots against his express recommendation.
- Abusive Parents: After being adopted into the Hiragi family. He would be punished whenever he didn't perform adequately.
- The Ace: Second only to Otori.
- Big Brother Worship: Seems to have this for Otori, his older twin.
- Consummate Professional
- Does Not Like Spam: He doesn't like orange juice because Haruto used to give his team the drink before lecturing them or telling them something difficult.
- The Dutiful Son: To the Hiragi family.
- The Resenter: To Otori, who "keeps leaving him behind to pursue his own dreams."
- Sour Supporter: Eventually abandons the above role and begins to support Otori's views, albeit with plentiful reservations.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Student Council President
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Confident that no one knows more about the school's policies than he does, Akatsuki cannot forgive anything that disgraces Ayanagi Academy's traditions or taints Hiragi's name. He has a bad temper and isn't bothered by this as he sees no reason to go out of his way to be polite. Akatsuki holds a grudge against Otori for what he did to Hiragi years before.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Is envious of Hiragi's preference for Otori, believing Otori doesn't deserve the special attention since he left the team when they were younger.
- Jerkass: Seems to have no problem with ruining five of his underclassmen's dreams as collateral damage in his personal vendetta against Otori.
- Slave to PR: Concerning the "Ayanagi Brand".
Yuzuriha Lion Christian
Flamboyant and energetic, Yuzuriha is the mood maker of the Kao Council. Compared to the other members, he acts a bit more childish but still takes his duties as a member of the Kao Council seriously. He was born in France but moved to Japan before starting school at Ayanagi Academy.
- Gratuitous French: He peppers his speech with French phrases, here and there.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy:
- Those Two Guys: With Sazanami.
- Rapunzel Hair: that gets staticy when winter comes. Sazanami will then be the victim who gets shocked by it.
- Slave to PR: Concerning the "Ayanagi Brand."
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or teal.
Confident in his ability to tackle things with earnestness, Sazanami acts in a very mature manner. He highly values honestly and fairness and cannot forgive things that make light of manners such as attitudes and bad behavior.
Pertaining to the whole group:
- Theme Naming: All of the members' family names have a kanji character in relation to seasons.
- Shiki (四季): Four Seasons (四季)
- Fuyusawa (冬沢): Winter (冬)
- Kasugano (春日野): Spring (春)
- Irinatsu (入夏): Summer (夏)
- Chiaki (千秋): Autumn (秋)
The new head of the Kao Council, initially introduced as a mysterious upperclassman that Yuta frequently runs into. In middle school, he had excellent performance and was on par with Fuyusawa, who was the best at that time. However, he doesn't like standing out or being the center of attention, so Fuyusawa handles most stuff for him.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Tries his best to become this as much as possible, and laments on the fact that he can't protect those who "slip" out from his hands, as his two hands "can only hold so much".
- Refusal of the Call: He initially rejected being on the Kao Council, because he didn't like the way Ayanagi screens out its students. But he agreed to do it after Otori convinced him that he would see something new from the top and may be able to invoke change in the academy.
Shiki's right-hand man, who was in the star of stars team during his first year of high school. In middle school, he was the top student of the Musical Department and was the student council president.
- Childhood Friends: With Chiaki, though they don't want to admit the "friends" part.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The correct romanization would be Ryou, but the series spells it as Ryo.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Flashbacks show that he used to be a much happier and carefree child.
A member of the Kao Council who used to be in the general department, but auditioned for the musical department. Shiki helped his team improve and prosper, and because of this, he and his fellow teammate Irinatsu are devoted to Shiki.
- Affectionate Nickname: Irinatsu calls him "Kasuga-chan".
- Fortune Teller: His hobby is tarot reading.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He likes Japanese sweets, matcha, and oshiruko.
A member of the Kao Council who used to be in the same team as Kasugano in their first year of high school. His parents are famous musicians, who are also involved in music production.
- Singer-Songwriter: He was the one who wrote the song Team Hiragi was going to use for the Opening Ceremony.
A member of the Kao Council who is Fuyusawa's childhood friend since their days at the children's theater company. He's considered as the most level-headed member of the Kao Council.
- Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu
Kaito's older brother. Kind and mature, Haruto is the ideal older brother and upperclassmen. He is considered a genius actor, and was previous a member of Kao Council coaching Team Tsukigami. He graduated Ayanagi Academy at the top of his class and became a famous musical star. Although strict at times, he is supportive and only wishes well for others. He takes his work seriously.
- The Ace: Very much so.
- Aloof Big Brother: Subverted. It's Kaito who's colder toward his sibling.
- Badass Family: In regards to the entertainment business, and is considered an up-and-comer.
- Big Brother Instinct: Seems to know there's something up with Kaito, and checks up on him while also working at the school.
- Big Man on Campus: During his time at Ayanagi Academy.
- Expy: It's impossible not to notice his similarity to a certain Tokiya Ichinose... His name Haruto is even similar to that of Hayato, Tokiya's alterego.
- Family Business: Entertainment.
- It Runs in the Family: Talent in regards to the entertainment industry. After recently graduating, he's already won a Best Actor award.
- Nice Guy
- Successful Sibling Syndrome: Is the successful sibling in question.
- Super Family Team: His father is a media mogul, his mother is a famous actress, and he himself is an up-and-comer. His younger brother is following in their footsteps in Ayanagi's Musical Department.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
She and Tsumugi are indeed identical twins. Between the two, Yuki does most of the talking. She is more positive compared to Tsumugi who is more negative. She is confident in her clothes making skills and is usually responsible for designing original costumes. Although Tooru is the older brother, it's usually the twins who have to look out for their brother the most, walking with him on his first day of school or giving him the family's secret recipe tea to calm his nerves.
- Always Identical Twins: With Tsumugi.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink, again, though a different shade from the others'.
Between her and Yuki, Tsumugi is the least expressive of the two. As Yuki does most of the talking, Tsumugi usually makes a short comment after her sister. She is more negative as compared to Yuki who is more positive. Tsumugi and Yuki are both good at sewing and have a fashion sense that can be compared to the levels of professionals.