Joseph Carter "Joey" Jones
- Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu
- Always Save the Girl: When it comes to his Love Interest Lina and his Cool Big Sis Holly. This bring a tiny bit of conflict in Episode 21, where Joey and Psy are led to believe that Lina's brother Will kidnapped Holly. On one hand, Joey admits that he would hurt anyone who hurts Holly, but Joey doesn't want to indirectly hurt Lina either.
- Barrier Warrior: He comes up with uses for his energy shield that catch his less canny foes offguard.
- Bash Brothers: Joey and Kurou form a tag team during their duo battles in Arkham City, their friendship is one of the three-cross series friendships in Super Robot Wars UX.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Mess with him, he wont bat an eyelash. Mess with his family, friends, or giant robot, you won't know what hit you.
- Disguised in Drag: His older sister insists that he needs to sneak into a hospital to talk to one of the patients. Interestingly enough, he didn't have to alter his appearance much; he just needed to put on a dress.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He greatly admires his father and strives to be like him. Alas, genetics being the fickle bitch that it is, he favors his mother instead. Greatly favors. As in, looks exactly like her.
- Parental Abandonment: Both parents died. Joey idolized his father for being a hero.
- Right Hand of Doom: His bulky control gauntlet gives him this appearance. Not to mention it's red colored 'upgrade' in episode 26 that looks like Allen Walker's hand.
- Took a Level in Badass: At the start of the series, he spends most of his time hiding behind his Robot Buddy. By twenty or so episodes in, it's the other way around.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: The justification for his evading the government's attempts at capturing him and Heroman was that it was clear that the media was being manipulated into making them look like the bad guys, and the fear that he'd wind up as an experiment alongside Heroman. Agent Hughes scolds him for the latter, saying that it was a silly assumption.
- Voiced by: Ryota Takeuchi
The titular character and Joey's Robot Buddy who comes to life after getting hit by lightning.
- Humongous Mecha: Although his usual size isn't that big, (he can fit inside some buildings if he crouches) he transforms into a more generic case at one point in the anime.
- Empathic Weapon: His power growth seems to be directly related to Joey's Character Development. Also bears more than a passing resemblance to Joey's personal hero, his father. Hmmm...
- Shock and Awe: What most of his powers are based around, in accordance with the whole 'coming to life after being zapped with alien lightning' thing.
- The Voiceless: The most we get are the occasional grunt and scream during battle.
Simon "Psy" Kaina
- Voiced by: Ryohei Kimura
Joey's Handicapped Badass best friend.
- Handicapped Badass: Being unable to walk properly does not seem to impede him from riding a skateboard, assisting the professor in his plans, and even kicking ass right alongside Joey with a sweetass guitar.
- Musical Assassin: Most of his contributions to battle consist of interfering with the Skrugg Hive Mind using sweet guitar riffs on a modified guitar.
- Voiced by: Maya Obata
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: A rare inversion: it's our cheerleader who really wants the average, "nerdy/loser" hero, much to her brother's chagrin — Lina is more to take the initiative on her feelings, while Joey's a bit more subtle and reserved about it.
- Conflicting Loyalty: Develops this when she grows torn between heeding Will's warning to stay away from Joey. That, along with Joey lying to her about seeing Will again, only settled her doubt in him.
- Limited Wardrobe: Only ever seen in her cheer leading outfit or a swimsuit.
- Magic Skirt: Very brief panty shot during her introduction in the manga, but played straight in the anime where we never get a single panty shot due to the series airing on TV Tokyo. note She gets several more in volume two of the manga, later on along with most of the rest of the cheerleading squad.
- Tag Along Kid: Insists on following Joey and friends into the city during the Center City invasion arc, despite being the only one to not join in the fight against the leader of the Skrugg. This fact allows her to avoid becoming The Load, however.
Matthew "Professor" Denton
- Voiced by: Cho
The science teacher at Joey's school whose successful contact with aliens led to the Skrugg attack on Central City.
- The Atoner: He feels it's his responsibility to help Joey fight the Skrugg. After all, he told them where Earth was in the first place. This being a light-hearted kids' show, he doesn't spend much time angsting over it.
- Catchphrase: EGUZAKTORY!
Holly Virginia Jones
- Voiced by: Arisa Ogawasawa
- Disappeared Dad: Unlike Joey who was too small to remember their father, Holly can't forgive him for dying in an act of heroism, which she saw as abandonment.
Virginia "Grandma" Jones
- Voiced by: Sumie Sakai
Brian Carter Jones
- Voiced by: Tessho Genda
Joey's deceased father.
Catherine Mae Jones
- Voiced by: Satsuki Yukino
Joey's deceased mother.
- Stepford Smiler: According to Holly while her mother was always cheerful in front of her children, she had to cry when she was alone.
- Tell Me About My Father: Inverted, she was always telling Joey stories about her husband, what affected him a lot.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: While we did saw a grave and date, we still don't know how she died.
William "Will" Davis
- Voiced by: Makoto Yasumura
The Bully and Lina's protective older brother who gets turned into a Skrugg.
- Anti-Hero Substitute: After his return in Episode 19, he has Skruggified versions of most of Heroman's powers, all the way up to wall-crawling and the Face Palm Of Doom, as well as a thoroughly uncompromising attitude.
- Break the Haughty: Not only does he pretty much lose everything he's ever had in a moment of jealous spite, but all the power he's gained hasn't prevented the Skrugg from doing one damned thing.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He was driven to infiltrate the Skrugg Base because he became jealous of Joey's new power. That doesn't go well for him.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Jerk Jock -> Brainwashed and Crazy -> Sixth Ranger -> Well-Intentioned Extremist -> Anti-Hero.
- Hidden Depths: He bullies Joey for seemingly no reason, And That's Terrible. But at the same time, he truly does bear sincere love for his sister, and really only wants to protect her and be her hero. He is also revealed to have a strong sense of the responsibility when he stepped down as Captain of the football team, not considering himself worthy after he indirectly caused Psy's disability.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He doesn't want Joey anywhere near Lina, even after he's exiled from his house on account of being an alien hybrid.
- Refused by the Call: He likes to insist that he's the hero. In the manga he attempts to prove himself both by assaulting the Skrugg three separate times and fails each time before learning his lesson. In the anime he fails only once and winds up getting kidnapped and brainwashed by the Skrugg as a result.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: We never saw if he survived the final battle. The implication was probably that he's really dead.
Nicholas "Nick" de Carlo
- Voiced by: Akio Suyama
Will's Cowardly Sidekick who also gets turned into a Skrugg.
- Killed Off for Real: Quite thoroughly. First he got squashed by falling rubble. Then Joey found his mangled carapace under the resultant pile of debris. Then the base exploded. Given that that's the last we hear of him for the rest of the season, without even the Not Quite Dead moment that Kogorr gets after his first defeat, it's safe to say that he's very, very dead.
- Voiced by: Naomi Shindo
Hot Teacher who teaches math at Joey's school.
- Voiced by: Atsushi Li
He wants coffee.
- Voiced by: Hiroki Tochi
A member of the NIA sent to Central City to gain information on Heroman.
- Voiced by: Bin Sasaki
The President of the United States.
- Not So Stoic: His stern, contemplative appearance takes something of a dent in Episode 16, when he reacts to Heroman obliterating the MR-1 with a loud, enthusiastic, Hiro Nakamura-esque "YATTA!"
- Voiced by: Yosuke Akimoto
An aide to the president.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: He looks just like a generic politician.
- Smug Snake: He is the one who was putting pressure on President to do "something" about Heroman. And he also without knowledge of the President ordered research on Koggor's eye, what didn't end well.
- Evil Chancellor: Subverted, despite being clearly a Smug Snake he warns President about Skrugg attack and escapes with him to the bunker.
- Voiced by: Unshou Ishizuka
The leader of the Skrugg and the resident Big Bad.
- Bad Boss: All the way up to eating his subordinates. The Skrugg really ought to charge for workers' comp.
- One-Winged Angel: His combat form. His resurrected form, meanwhile, is something else entirely.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The Japanese site calls him 'Gogorr', but Stan Lee himself uses 'Kogorr'.
- Took a Level in Badass: While he was a formidable foe, some fans were wondering if he didn't end as a victim of Villain Decay. Until he returned from death and turned into an Eldritch Abomination world eater... whilst keeping the cunning attitude that made him such a threat in the first place.
- Why Won't You Die?: Says this when Heroman shows up again to stop Joey's kamikaze attack. Considering that Heroman had his entire abdomen annihilated moments prior, this is understandable.
- Voiced by: Yasunori Matsumoto
An Evil Genius with connections to the White House and the military.
- General Ripper: Does a rather good job of being this despite not actually being a military officer, thanks to his ties with the armed forces and obsession with Heroman.
- The Napoleon: Takes increasingly-ridiculous measures to compensate for his diminutive stature, culminating in dangling from his team's tilt-rotor like a tiny green-and-white marionette.
- Unknown Rival: In Super Robot Wars UX, Doctor Minami regards Doctor West his greatest rival, but West has no idea who he is. It turns out Minami hates West because West doesn't know who he is.
Amanorich and Stallion
- Voiced by: Anri Katsu and Masufumi Kimura
Those Two Guys who work for Dr. Minami.
- Voiced by: Ryoko Gi
Dr. Minami's assistant.