- Voiced by: Hiroshi Yazaki (JP), J. Michael Tatum (EN)
The protagonist of the series, Age is a young man raised by the Golden Tribe, who lived on the desolate planet Oron. His Nodos form, Bellcross, is the most powerful Heroic Tribe member remaining.
- Badass Adorable
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: A benefit of being a Nodos.
- Blue Is Heroic: Bellcross is blue and has a blue aura.
- The Dreaded: The Silver Tribe is a little fearful of him, due to him giving humanity the weapon they need to finally start winning some battles against the former. And just about every attempt they make at stopping him fails.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Age is as innocent and adorable as his blue eyes are.
- Lightning Bruiser: Bellcross is strong, but very fast when he needs to be.
- Made of Diamond: Ties in with Bellcross's "existence" power: there's very little in the series that can harm him.
- Megaton Punch: Bellcross's preferred form of attack.
- Messianic Archetype: In fact, he's the only man who is able to be physically close to Dhianeila without her collapsing, presumably due to his innocence.
- Nice Guy: He's quite a friendly person, and even befriends several of the antagonists as the show progresses.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Bellcross can destroy quite a few ships on his own as the Bronze and Silver tribes find out the hard way.
- Staying Alive: Bellcross has the power of "existence", meaning that he simply can't be killed. At one point, Lecty/Erymanthos tries using her time travel powers to find a timeline in which he dies — and fails 20,000 times.
- Third-Person Person: In Japanese.
- Unstoppable Rage: He can be prone to this in the heat of battle, though fortunately Dhianeila is able to bring him back to his senses anytime he does veer into this territory.
- Waif Prophet: He's a lot wiser than he initially appears, since he was raised by none other than the Golden Tribe.
- Wild Child: He doesn't understand much of manners or societal rules.
Dhianeila Y Leisha Altoria Ol Yunos
The Princess and leader of the Iron Tribe. She has considerable psychic abilities, but her inherent telepathy has made her extremely sensitive to other people's thoughts, as such she is usually isolated and attended only by her handmaidens.
- Astral Projection: One of her abilities. Due to her sensitivity, she usually uses it to communicate with others without being physically present.
- Big Good
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Official Couple: Implied with Age.
- The Ojou
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Unlike her brothers, people actually like her because she doesn't force people into life or death situations.
- Telepathy: Very powerful telepathy, on par with that of the Silver Tribe.
- Woman in White
Mobeedo Oz Mehelim
- Voiced by: Takashi Matsuyama (JP), R. Bruce Elliott (EN)
The commander of the Argonaut. Father of Iolaous and the twins.
Iolaous Oz Mehelim
Head of the Yunos Knights, and son of the Argonaut's captain. He has minor psychic powers in the form of Teleportation. He harbors a crush on Dhianeila, and is often disapproving of Age's less serious antics.
- Always Someone Better: Feels this way about Age, because with his arrival he takes over the frontlines while Iolaous and the rest of the crew have become back-up. And there's the fact that Dhianeila pays more attention to him and falls in love with him.
- The Comically Serious: His usual role when interacting with Age.
- Stalker with a Crush: His crush on Dhianeila can get a mite creepy at times.
- Teleportation: Which he uses to great effect in battle.
Aneasha Ol Megarla
An attendant to Princess Dhianeila, and the head of the Argonaut's medical staff.
Tail Ol Mehelim and Mail Al Mehelim
A pair of identical twin Mecha pilots, and attendants to Princess Dhianeila. Daughters of the Argonaut's captain, and possess telekinetic abilities.
- Barrier Warrior: They can create barriers to trap their enemies. Doesn't work so well on Nodos, though.
- Mind over Matter
- Single-Minded Twins
- Talking to Herself: Only in the English dub.
- Wonder Twin Powers: Their telekinesis appears stronger if they work together.
And old friend of Mobeedo and commander of one of the Iron Tribe's fleets.
- Gag Boobs: Easily the largest in the series.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Provides some contrast to those idiot princes.
Meleagros E Leisha Altria Oz Yunos and Atalantes Az Yunos
Dhianeila's elder brothers, the first and second princes of the royal family. They are very concerned with their own political gain and have dreams of winning glory in battle against the Silver Tribe. Unfortunately, they have no grasp of military strategy and are utter cowards when things don't go their way.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: The only "strategy" they really know. The Silver Tribe takes advantage of this repeatedly to lure human fleets into traps.
- General Failure: Almost all of their military successes is due to Age and Dhianeila. Without them, they are pretty worthless in combat.
- Glory Hound: Pretty much their defining character trait.
- Karma Houdini: What do they get after all the trouble and death they cause throughout the show? A cushy job with a fair amount of power (albeit subordinate to Dhianeila).
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Although most people wish they wouldn't.
- The All-Solving Hammer: Atalantes in particular is rather fond of using the Althea's main gun on their problems.
- We Have Reserves: Another reason their subordinates don't particularly like them. When deciding to ignite a fusion reaction in Jupiter's atmosphere, Nilval points out that their fleet will be damaged as well. Atalantes's response is a nonchalant "Some losses are inevitable."
A Silver Tribesman who encounters the Argonaut as it finds Age and Bellcross. His repeated failures to destroy the ship cause him to become obsessed with taking it down.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Demonstrates the ability to survive hard vacuum for at least a few minutes.
- Emotion Suppression: Fails at this after Dhianeila telepathically attacks him once to prevent him from destroying the Argonaut, which manages to affect him for the rest of the series.
One of the ideological leaders of the Silver Tribe, and the main proponent of the war against the Iron Tribe. He is in charge of the Silver Tribe's Nodos.
- Big Bad: Or at least, the closest the series has to one.
- Have You Seen My God?: His main motivation is trying to understand why the Golden Tribe left.
Another leader of the Silver Tribe, she is highly philosophical and greatly respected by her race. Throughout the series she ponders the Golden Tribe's intentions and what exactly is the meaning of the war with the Iron Tribe in that context.
- Rapunzel Hair: Unlike Yuty though, she ties it back.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She is far more willing to consider alternatives to the war than most others of the Tribe.
The Silver Tribe's Nodos, a cold girl who is dedicated to her duty. Her Nodos, Cervius, possesses one of the Heroic Tribe's most destructive powers, and she is considered the Silver Tribe's final ace in the hole.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: May be an inherent trait of the Silver Tribe, rather than a Nodos-granted ability like the others.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Like all the Nodos.
- Power of the Void: She can summon vortices that suck anything they touch into an inescapable void.
- Rapunzel Hair: Longer than she is tall by quite a noticeable amount, and it is always dragging on the ground. How on Earth she keeps it clean is a mystery.
- Unstoppable Rage: The "death" of Karkinos really pushes her over the edge.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: She struggles with understanding her feelings toward Karkinos for most of the series.
- Voiced by: Masayuki Kato (JP), Christopher Sabat (EN)
One of the Nodos under the dominion of the Silver Tribe. Karkinos is a calm man who prefers dialogue to battle, and has a close relationship with Yuty La.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Like all Nodos.
- Declaration of Protection: For Yuty.
- Healing Factor: Just as Lernaea's gas can be used to kill things, it can also be used to heal things.
- One-Winged Angel: Lernaea can turn into a giant hydra.
- Poisonous Person: one of Lernaea's powers is to project an extremely corrosive gas that kills anything it touches, and can even harm Bellcross.
One of the Nodos under the dominion of the Silver Tribe. Mehitak hates fighting and only serves the Silver Tribe under threat of his own people being wiped out.
- Actual Pacifist: Unfortunately, he is a Nodos, and the Silver Tribe is willing to go to lengths to get him to fight. After his HeelFace Turn, he finds a reason to fight and aims to end the conflict.
- Bald of Evil: Subverted. He's on the Silvers' side, but he's a sensible and peaceful guy.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Like all Nodos.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: He and his entire Tribe do not eat anything with life, including fruit/vegetable plants. Played for Laughs when he breaks a shovel in half and eats it.
- Defeat Means Friendship: He sides with the Iron Tribe after being defeated by Bellcross.
- HeelFace Turn
- Light 'em Up
- Lightning Bruiser: Noted to be the fastest Nodos, despite his enormous raw power.
- Sparkling Stream of Tears: Whenever he's forced to fight.
- Wave Motion Gun: The usual tactic Artemia employs in battle.
One of the Nodos under the dominion of the Silver Tribe. She usually does not partake in combat directly, preferring to meddle in the timestream to affect the outcome of battles.