Crew of the Nightswan
The main protagonist of the game, Roget has no memory of his past and is quite lonely underneath his strong sense of justice and compassion.
- All-Loving Hero: After betraying Pedda, Roget does everything he can to help defend the rest of Fa'Diel and finds allies in the other countries who decide to join him and his friends. He is also very hung up about having to fight Juhani as well as Elena and tried to save his twin brother the Mirage Bishop which didn't work as he passed on after being freed from Anise's grasp, but not before telling Roget about the other parallel worlds where the Mana Goddess and Anise are perpetually at war with each other which leads to him and his friends deciding to go to every timeline to save the other worlds from every version of Anise. This is also why the Goddess chooses him as the wielder of the Sword of Mana.
- Big Brother Mentor: He apparently taught Juhani his Gustbrand attack if you look at the latter's profile in the units index.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: He is a talented swordsman and who knew that he would eventually get chosen to wield the Mana Sword?
A Peddan captain who has joined Roget in deserting their country and working to take down General Baxilios. He always keeps his cool and it's hard to tell what he's thinking about.
- Big Brother Mentor: He spends the first several chapters giving tutorials to Roget and the player and often gives advice and insight when needed.
A mercenary who was in the Peddan army until he decided to join the rest of the Nightswan crew in stopping Pedda's agenda of world domination.
The Hot Blooded niece of the Peddan chancellor, his death not long after the Nightswan crew's departure has particularly earned General Baxilios her hatred.
The last of a minority tribe from the Jungle of Visions.
- Cheerful Child: She's always sweet and happy and nothing seems to hamper her spirits. Until you read her profile...
- Friend to All Living Things: She hails from a jungle and is very fond of other creatures as shown in the intro.
- Stepford Smiler: According to her profile, D'Kelli was bereaved of her parents and she hides it by always being cheerful.
Ferolia's king, he joins the party after his kingdom is taken over by Pedda and his people fled to Wendel as refugees.
Laurent's leader, she strives for the amazon tribes to be united into one kingdom but is murdered by Olbex when the Nevarlans attack.
Galura's daughter and the princess of Laurent who is taken prisoner by Olbex after he murdered her mother.
- Damsel in Distress: Spends most of this game as a prisioner of Nevarl.
- Heroic Lineage: She became Riesz and Elliot's mother years later.
- Missing Mom: Like Falcon, she will inevitably be absent from her children's lives after this game and before Trials of Mana.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Has the same blonde hair as her mother which her children will inherit years later.
Minerva's love interest and eventual husband after the events of this game.
Flamekhan's daughter, she deserted Nevarl after refusing to take part in her country's alliance with Pedda.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: She most certainly would have been this had she lived to raise Hawkeye.
- Defector from Decadence: She fled with her husband and son, much to her father's chagrin.
- Missing Mom: She's Hawkeye's mother and she's been missing from his life some time after the events of this game though we don't quite know why.
- Practically Different Generations: Her younger half-siblings Eagle and Jessica are the same age as Falcon's son.
- Teen Pregnancy: She already had Hawkeye by this point but the character page states that she's 19.
Altena's princess who would eventually become queen and Angela's mother.
The charismatic General who leads the Peddan army. She is bent on taking over the world using the Mirrors of Esina and seems to have a connection with Yurchael....
- Blondes Are Evil: Blonde and the main villain. Or so we thought, she wasn't her sane self the entire time and was actually under Anise's control.
- Broken Bird: It turns out she lost her and Yurchael's baby and Anise took advantage of her vulnerability.
- Char Clone: A genderflipped case, a young blond ace in the millitary? Check! Wears a mask? Check! Has a complicated relationship with one of the protagonists? In this case, a formerly romantic one with Yurchael. Check!
A Peddan soldier who was very close with Roget until the latter's desertion.
- Anti-Villain: He's not inherently a bad person nor does it seem like he's aware of the mirrors and Baxilios' plans. He's just nationalistic and genuinely incensed by his friend deserting Pedda and as a result, betraying him and his sister.
- Berserk Button: Juhani takes loyalty very seriously so DON'T betray Pedda! He also loves his big sister very much so DO NOT betray Elena either! because if you're a traitor, you're immediately on his hit list. The entire reason he fights Roget in the first place is because of this.
- Big Brother Instinct: He did NOT take kindly to Roget betraying Elena by deserting the Peddan army. Inverted by the fact that he's the younger sibling.
- Big Brother Worship: How he used to feel about Roget when they were friends according to his profile.
- Cain and Abel: Of the rare could-have-been brothers in law kind since Roget was engaged to his sister. After finding out that Roget has turned against Pedda and also Elena, he flips his lid and tries to murder Roget for it.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: When Roget fatally wounds him at Chartmoon Tower in chapter 17. He tells Roget not to be sorry and tells him to take care of Elena before passing away.
- Fatal Flaw: His blind loyalty to his country and inability to listen to reason. This ultimately gets him killed at Chartmoon Tower.....
- My Country, Right or Wrong: Juhani feels strongly about Pedda as a soldier and doesn't take heed to Roget's attempts to warn him about how wrong he is about the war.
- Undying Loyalty: Of the wrong kind. He is so faithful to his kingdom and pissed off at Roget's betrayal in regards to Elena that he is willing to take down his own best friend.
- We Used to Be Friends: He and Roget were so close that it's amazing that turning against Pedda's clearly corrupted army was enough for Juhani to automatically hate his guts for it.
Roget's fiancée and Juhani's older sister, she is a skilled archer and was given the power to control zombie vuscavs by Baxilios.
- Broken Bird: Her fiancée betrayed her and their kingdom and killed her brother which left her in pieces and drove her to a vengeful frenzy.
- Big Sister Instinct: When she finds out that Roget not only deserted Pedda but also killed Juhani, she completely SNAPS! And is immediately on the warpath for Roget's blood.
- Driven to Suicide: Roget tries to convince her to join him in stopping Baxilios's plans but she is so unable to forgive him for everything that she crashes her Ghost Warship into the Luzio Malis and plummets into the sea, leaving Roget utterly devestated.
- Fatal Flaw: The same as her brother, Elena is very blindly loyal to Pedda. It doesn't end well for her either......
- My Country, Right or Wrong: A trait she shares with Juhani.
- Night of the Living Mooks: She commands and sics two zombie vuscavs after you when you fight her.
- PsychoExFiancée: She is so furious at Roget for his actions that she decides murder is the best option.
- Taking You with Me: she tried to do this to her and Roget after being defeated but only got herself killed.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: She dies in the very same chapter she's introduced in.