Here are the characters in Hero & Daughter.
A great hero who has saved the world a number of times before. When the world is again threatened by the Dark Lord, his arrogance causes a king to permanently reduce him to Level 1.
- Butt-Monkey: Even the bosses mock him for being Level 1.
- Celibate Hero: Before the events of the game, he was just too busy squashing Dark Lords to care for romance. In the game itself, he almost plunges into Clueless Chick Magnet as he's completely unaware of some girls' affection for him until the exact dialogue point.
- Determinator: Ralph refuses to give up, even if he can't level up. This is also demonstrated with his Hero's Resolve Self-Skill.
- Idiot Hero: Downplayed objectively, but seen as this by some of the girls; he's a little slow in catching on to some girls' affection, and he's a little slow on understanding modern technology.
- Ralph adapts rather quickly with technology as affection dialogues progress with the likes of Iris (computers), Lara (modern schooling), and Selphie (livestreaming and videos). Then again, it's not too clear how much of it is future-tech.
- Sakia teases Ralph for having "level 1 intelligence". Ouch. Ralph even admits, mentally, that his scores were never that high either.
- The Hero
- Never Live It Down: In-Universe, being reduced to Level 1.
- Overrated and Underleveled: Invoked by the king in the prologue.
- Super Mode: Unlocks one during the final battle of Chapter 3.
The Girls in General:
- Action Girl
- Punny Name: Tons. A swimmer named Aquata, a mosquito-girl named Moski, a cyclops named Iris...
A high school student. Her specialty is "Attacking". Always the first girl summoned, whereas the rest are randomized.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her art, and noted by Ralph In-Universe, which he calls the sign of an idiot, and Lara sort of takes offense at it, and he's proven right, with her Book Dumb status.
- Book Dumb: She's failing all of her academic classes, getting F-s in everything but PE, where she gets A+.
- Glass Cannon
A blonde-haired phantom. Her specialty is "Ghosting".
A mysterious girl waiting in an old tomb. Joins after the game's 6th chapter.
A sweetheart that understands love.
An energetic, bikini-clad beauty.
- Making a Splash: Her abilities are all water based or based on swimming.
A trained assassin.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Haremancer toucher her rear, she wishes to assassinate him. (Ralph is impressed she didn't kill him then and there.)
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Ayame has been born into a world of assassination, but she really wants to be just like the other girls. Well, relatively normal.
A fleet-footed catgirl.
- Cute Monster Girl: A "beastperson" apparently. She ends her sentences in meow sounds.
- Little Bit Beastly: She looks like a human girl with cat eats and a tail.
Can only be summoned after defeating her, on Floor Type 01 of the Forest Dungeon.
A young elf. Can only be summoned after the game's 4th chapter.
She lives for cheerleading!
- Genki Girl: Unsurprisingly, the cheerleader is cheerful. Punctuated in her dialogue with Ralph, as she discards his poor cheerleading ideas for more energetic ones.
- Mechanically Unusual Class: Her skillset is one-dimensional but awesome: she buffs or restores stats to every party member but herself, and is locked into her choice of buff for several turns.
- Support Party Member: To an extreme, both story-wise (she's just a cheerleader!) and in gameplay terms. She's practically a living battery party member slot for everyone else as she spends her turns giving everyone else powerful buffs.
Dark Lord Arue
Can only be summoned after defeating her.
- Cute Monster Girl: She's actually a Harpy. Which Ralph immediately and bluntly calls "just a monster".
- Lightning Bruiser: Her stats and skills are above average in all categories, especially in health, attack and speed.
She curses monsters to death.
- Bandage Babe: In a conversation with her, she claims they're to seal the dark power in her left eye.
A girl with the eyes of death. Her specialty is "Reaping".
A completely ordinary girl. Her specialty is "Healing Support".
- Beneath Notice: She is overlooked by Haeti for being a plain, unassuming villager, and is never converted into a Dark Lord.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Felice is "just" an average villager who gets summoned, whilst amongst her are ghosts, mages, robots, and Cute Monster Girls. As she puts it, she "want[s] to be special... Like everyone else, like [Ralph]." This carries over to her own opinion of her character popularity, as she is squarely average.
- Support Party Member: All of her Self-Skills work to heal and buff party members, including a skill to let her be self-sufficient with TP.
Joins after the game's 4th chapter, in which she transforms almost all the girls in Ralph's party into Dark Lords for him to fight.
HarmonyA girl with a strong spirit.
- Dissonant Serenity: Calm in all circumstances, even as she is breaking bones.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Very good at punching.
A softhearted princess.
- Princess Classic: Hauyne fits essentially every facet of the trope to a T. Even uses traditional diction like "gallant" to describe Ralph and is a pure support character.
- Support Party Member: Her Self-Skills are all buffs to the party, with her final unlocked skill a classic heal.
A sadistic angel.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Once your affection is high enough, she becomes almost sickeningly sweet to Ralph.
- Tsundere: A classic case. She starts with insults, then teasing, then affection.
She's a cyclops!
- Charm Person: The first skill she unlocks is her strongest one: Stare, a simple, 1-turn Charm spell. She also apparently uses it on Ralph (who may or may not have even been affected, since his heart still beats quickly when he sees her).
- Cyclops: Her defining trait. Amusingly, her species of cyclops averts the lack of depth perception (she can emit electromagnetic waves to gauge distance?!) and has X-Ray Vision, Eye Beams, the ability to numb or confuse with her eye...
- Cute Monster Girl: Though she objects to being compared with regular monsters.
- Eye Beams: "Cyclopses have a special technique that lets them fire eye lasers!" Also usable in-game.
- X-Ray Vision: Her species has this ability. It leads to a lot of them becoming doctors.
Appears in the village if the player is KO'd during a dungeon. Can be permanently recruited if challenged and defeated.
- Acquired Poison Immunity: She intentionally developed her immune system to such a degree, that she is immune to the effects of Haeti's Hate Plague.
- Chainmail Bikini: When Ralph asks her if she should be less exposed, she comments that her mask covers her face just fine.
- Comically Missing the Point: See her response to Ralph inquiring on her Chainmail Bikini.
- Crutch Character: Until she joins permanently. She has a unchangeable set of equipment (of very poor quality) and relies on her powerful elemental skills, some healing spells, and advanced level to help you. She is also AI-controlled. Worse, any EXP she gets is lost she joins your party as a permanent character at level five like the rest, not even wearing her former equipment.
- Duality Motif: Her Mismatched Eyes are apparently a result of inheriting her parents' respective abilities of fencing and magic.
- Guest-Star Party Member: If you get defeated in enough dungeons, or simply leave them part-way. She joins you for a nominal sum (500 gold) and is over level 60 with a strong variety of elemental skills and even some healing spells. She can even permanently join the party if you defeat her with less than a full party.
A gang leader that loves to fight.
- Blood Knight: Lenna tries picking fights with anyone, anywhere.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: How she prefers to fight.
A subservient maid.
- Meido: You just have to look at her to see that.
- Ninja Maid: She may not hit hard, but one of her skills reduces the enemies stats, drastically.
A girl from the slums.
- Fragile Speedster: As per the course with video game thieves.
- Impossible Thief: Liv's final two Self-Skills are, without flavor text, a defense-piercing Stun and a buff that recovers TP. However, going along with her theme, they're described as stealing time and stealing herself, somehow.
- Sticky Fingers: Her generic introduction dialogue to giving her gifts or EXP is claiming she didn't steal your wallet.
- Video Game Stealing: Her primary role in a party, as she collects items.
A mosquito girl that loves to drink blood. Her specialty is "Blood-Sucking".
- Cute Monster Girl
- Bare Your Midriff: Her outfit consists of a set of pauldrons, a bra, and a Thong of Shielding, so her midriff is bared.
- Stripperiffic: Her outfit consists of a set of pauldrons, a bra, and a Thong of Shielding.
- Thong of Shielding: She has a purple thong-like covering.
An introverted masochistic prisoner girl.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Her single most defining characteristic. She enjoys abuse more than anything else.
Ralph's daughter, summoned from the future. Her specialty is Heroism.
A red-eyed girl that can burn anything.
- Burning with Anger: Literally. She outright threatens Ralph and the Haremancer, stating if that that if they try anything funny "I'll fry you like bacon."
- Kill It with Fire: Literally. Her offensive abilities are fire based, and have the potential to kill the target instantly
- One-Hit Kill: Two abilities that can inflict this, more than any other character.
- Guest Fighter
An android that was originally human?
- Boobs of Steel: Literally, one of her skills boosts defense, and the description deliberately includes the breasts.
- More Dakka: Two attacks that have more potential hits than any other character.
- Mighty Glacier: The worst speed of the girls, made up for with insane health, defense and physical offense.
A real macho girl. Her specialty is "Brawling".
Intelligent and nerdy.
- Meganekko: Complete with constant studying.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Descends into this trope frequently — apparently her glasses fog up easily.
A fencer for the kingdom.
- Amazonian Beauty: To the extent that men think of her as a brute, unfortunately.
- Chainmail Bikini: Lampshaded and Discussed. One of her affection dialogues has Ralph ask her why she dress so skimpily. She just thinks it isn't a problem because her stats are high anyway.
- Mighty Glacier: Innately high attack and defense stats coupled with a suite of skills to further increase them.
A modern master of technology. Her specialty is "Faking Calls".
- Cam Whore: She livestreams (to an average of 1000 viewers). Later in her affection speech she's outraged at the thought of showing less cleavage, since that would mean less viewers.
- Gamer Girl: She certainly likes LPs.
- Valley Girl: Her speech sinks into saying "omg" in the text. She uses "like" everywhere.
A girl that gets stronger when enemies do. Her specialty is "Prodigious Fencing".
- Magic Knight: A variety of elemental attacks that are affected by situation.
- Powered Armor: Her outfit is surprisingly this, regardless of how impractical it looks.
The ever-intoxicated Queen of the fairies. Can only be summoned after the 2nd Demon Lord is defeated.
- The Alcoholic: Never seen sober. At all.
- Guest Fighter
- Willfully Weak: Apparently has "enough power to destroy the cosmos". Ralph even at full power apparently doesn't match her in the slightest. Shows up with an absolute fraction of her power.
A magical girl with a short fuse. Her specialty is "Magic".
- The Archmage: The best spellcaster of the lot, and plenty of skills to boost her ability to cast and recover from low MP.
- Tsundere: Towards Ralph of course. Not as much as Holly, but she still demands apologies.
A girl with a gun arm.
A psychic that can read the hearts of others.
A summoner, and the owner of the local pub in the Village. Helps Ralph on his quest by summoning heroines to fight alongside him. He also runs the Casino in Castle Town.
Owner of the restaurant in the Village, and a juice bar in Castle Town. Traveled with Ralph in the past.
The leader of the guild, where Ralph can turn in bounties and sell things. Another old comrade of Ralph's.
A mage that can manipulate the world's dungeons with his magic. Also a former member of Ralph's party
Yet another friend of Ralph's that has opened up his own business, this time selling magic.
A fifth character that used to help Ralph save the world. Runs an item shop in the Village, and a Furniture shop in Castle Town.
The last character in the village that already knew Ralph. Sells Piffany jewelry, which can raise a girl's Affection value.
An old man that takes care of monsters Ralph has tamed.
The guy that runs the Otherworld Shop in the Village, and can Awaken equipment in Castle Town.
A real estate salesman that gives Ralph his first Home Sweet Home.
An NPC that randomly appears in the Village. He will give Ralph one piece of gold for every step the hero has walked since their last encounter.
King of Evil
The king of the land, who lowers Ralph's level due to the hero's cockiness. Also the king of all Dark Lords.
- Enemy Mine: Joins Ralph in the battle against Haiti.
I'm a Guard!
The king's lackey.
- The Starscream: Becomes "I'm a Darklord Guard!" after Ralph defeats his boss.
Dark Lord Dahklorde
The Dark Lord threatening the world at the beginning of the game.
Dark Lord Dehmon
Another Dark Lord, who attempts to learn Ralph's techniques by hiring Arue as a fake Dark Lord for him to fight.
I'm a Dark Lord
The daughter of the King of Evil, who dates I'm a Guard! in the game's fifth chapter.
- Secret Character: Can be recruited after defeating Dark Lord Dehmon with a code.
The Village Elder, who can be found in the dungeons. Giving him a massage rewards Ralph with furniture and Village EXP.
An ork that wants to be a legendary monster. Challenging him to a fight in dungeons can earn Ralph new furniture.
A boy that challenges Ralph to Rock-Paper-Scissors in the dungeons.