A young male skeleton 'born' in the town of Farwolaeth, the comic starts off with his rebirth and the events that happen after. He is usually a rather shy, awkward, yet kind young man, but sometimes he can become incredibly persistent. Currently, he's looking for answers regarding his life and who he was before he died, but he has also become interested in discovering the secrets of Farwolaeth and its inhabitants.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He can turn violent if he becomes frustrated, but he's usually quite nice.
- Butt-Monkey: At the beginning of the comic, but it mellows out later on.
- Constantly Curious: About his past life and about the residents of Farwolaeth, especially the mysterious Niles.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has moments of snark.
- Dem Bones
- The Determinator: He just wont give up on trying to find out who Niles is.
- Naïve Newcomer: Granted, since he only died recently, he wouldn't have a clue as to how Farwolaeth operated, or what it's inhabitants were like.
- Socially Awkward Hero: He has shades of this, but got a bit better after being fitted with a suit.
- Shrinking Violet: Mostly at the beginning, but he still has his moments.
A gentlemanly, effeminate skeleton, he and Steak are the two 'Greeters' that meet Helvetica and help him adjust to his new life. While he has a very nice and friendly exterior, there has been evidence to hint that he is not all he seems. Appears to be in a romantic relationship with Madame Herringbone, although it's not explicitly stated.
- Adorkable: When he and Madame Herringbone gush over clothes.
- The Dandy: Is insistent that he get Helvetica some clothes, and makes sure that the suit he gets fits him well.
- Dem Bones
- Fat and Skinny: The skinny to Steak's fat.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: We're not sure about what his motives are, or what he did to Lucy to make the skeleton hate him so much.
- Non-Action Guy: If things become violent, it's Steak who takes care of it.
- Older Than They Look: Although it's hard to tell if a skeleton is "old" or not due to them being dead, Lucy claims he's been in the afterlife for far longer than anyone else.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The sensitive guy to Steak's manly man.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: He simply must be impeccably dressed at all times.
- Vague Age: Although the same could be said for most of the characters, it's stated that he's actually much older than the rest of the inhabitants, although a specific age isn't given.
- Wicked Cultured: It's implied that he may be some sort of villain.
The other Greeter to meet Helvetica and show him Farwolaeth, he is more crass and rude than Good Heavens, as well as more straightforward and to the point. He is also the more violent one out of the two. Seemingly apathetic, he just wants to get his job over and done with as soon as possible, but there may be something else that he and Heavens aren't telling Helvetica.
- The Big Guy
- Deadpan Snarker: Mostly when he talks to Good Heavens.
- Dem Bones
- The Dreaded: Buck appears to be this for him.
- Fat and Skinny: The fat to Good Heavens' skinny.
- Grumpy Old Man: While not old, he's a lot older than Helvetica, and he sure is grumpy.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Has road rage, and is quicker to start an argument than Good Heavens.
- Lack of Empathy: When Helvetica is angry about his amnesia.
- Real Men Eat Meat: Implied, as his name IS Steak.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: With Good Heavens.
A supposedly wise, gruff detective who meets Helvetica atop a rock looking out onto a pond. He talks to Helvetica and drops the name 'Niles,' the name of Good Heavens' former partner, so as to pit the boy against Good Heavens, whom he doesn't like. However, the reasons for his utter dislike have only been hinted at yet.
- Adorkable: Strangely enough, he can be this.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: A mild example with Autumn, they both engage in banter and friendly fights, but it seems that they like each other.
- Catchphrase: "Start at the beginning, like a real detective would."
- Contemplate Our Navels: In his recorded monologue, he criticizes the residents of Farwolaeth and claims that all of their deaths are insignificant and that they'll end up as dust in Death Valley, just as they came.
- Cryptically Unhelpful Answer: See Catchphrase above.
- Deadpan Snarker: He likes to snark.
- Dem Bones
- Gender-Blender Name: Lucy. Especially as it seems to be short for Lucille.
- Hardboiled Detective: Likes to act like one.
- Luminescent Blush: When Autumn walks in on him as he's in the middle of a monologue.
A peppy, cheerful woman Helvetica meets who works at a diner, she and him become fast friends. She attends university while working a job, and has a passion for writing detective novels, claiming that detective Lucy is her muse. It's implied that she has a crush on Lucy, if their exchanges are anything to go by.