Played By: Steve Atkinson, Michael Ironside
- Badass Teacher: Pursues the rampaging spirit of Mary Lou and pacifies her by presenting the crown denied her by his Accidental Murder. She promptly possesses him for more murderous mischief, but still.
- Big Damn Heroes: Arrives just in time to divert Mary Lou from depositing Craig into some kind of Hell Gate.
- Big "NO!": Has this reaction when Mary Lou as Vicki reveals herself to him. The delivery is honestly kind of hilarious.
- Can come cross as this in contrast with his usual unflappable sternness.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Is devastated and horrified on watching Mary Lou burn to death.
- Not Good with Rejection: Utter humiliation at Mary Lou's scornful rejection inspires his Deadly Prank.
- Not So Stoic: Initially meets the supernatural implications with cool stoicism and brusque dismissal. The increasingly blatant threats to himself and his son drive him gradually to desperation.
- Papa Wolf: Initially denies the implicit supernatural consequences of his Accidental Murder but seems galvanised into desperation when Vicki!Mary Lou threatens his son.
- Sympathetic Murderer: He didnt mean to, and was horrified by his actions.
Played By: Wendy Lyon
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: While Craig is far from bad, his motorcycle seems deemed by Vickis mother to qualify him as such.
- Break the Cutie: Caring, slightly repressed girl gets possessed by hedonistic, homicidal spirit.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is usually mild in demeanour, but snaps when Kelly goads her slightly too far.
- Confessional: Seen to attend.
- Chaste Hero: Implicit; confesses to impure thoughts about her boyfriend.
- Covered in Gunge: The chest which housed Mary Lou's haunted crown, following her apparent departure, opens to release Vicki, unharmed, but covered in some kind of ectoplasmic residue.
- Demonic Possession: Her brush with Mary Lou.
- Disney Death: A bullet wound sustained whilst under Demonic Possession seems, on evacuation of the spirit of Mary Lou, to have left Vicki unharmed.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Kind and caring, and has blond hair.
- Raised Catholic: Observant, though without the fierce austerity of her mother.
- I See Dead People: Shortly after her unearthing of Mary Lou's crown, Vicki intermittently finds herself in darkened, decayed versions of the school, peopled with the ghosts of former students.
Played By: Louis Ferreira
- Break the Cutie: The apparent death of his increasingly bizarre-acting girlfriend drives him to despair.
- Book Dumb: His lack of urgency to attend university comes across as a patient desire for worldly experience.
- Cool Bike: Used in his Big Damn Heroes attempt.
- Nice Guy: An amiable, caring young man.
Mary Lou Maloney
Played By: Lisa Schrage, Wendy Lyon, Lorretta Bailey
- Alpha Bitch: Revels in peer acclaim yet gleefully cruel to her spurned boyfriend.
- Ambiguously Bi: Implied by her Shower Scene with Monica.
- Catch Phrase: "See you later, alligator." Vicki saying it is a red flag that she's possessed.
- The Chain of Harm: Implies intent to murder Innocent Bystander Craig, the son her accidental murderer.
- Chest Burster: Retains corporeality by climbing out of a bullet wound in Vickis chest.
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority: An adventurously hedonistic youth with a contempt for authority.
- Evil Is Petty: To the point of Axe-Crazy.
- Freudian Excuse: Averted, as even in life while she wasn't a murderer she still cared only about herself and wasn't bothered in the slightest by how much she hurt Bill by cheating on him with his friend on Prom Night.
- Demonic Possession: Vickis unearthing of her crown seems to trigger this.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her... confession.
- Mind over Matter: Her primary weapon of choice.
- Parental Incest: Uses Vickis possessed body to snog the latters dad.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Mockingly calls Craig a fag for his unease at the aggressive promiscuity of his possessed girlfriend, though herself seems to be bisexual. Though this may be at least partly due to having been raised in the 40s and 50s.
- The Sociopath: Even in life she seems incapable of feeling remorse (as indicated by the "confession" scene). Nor does she care at all how much she hurts Bill by dumping him on Prom Night and immediately throwing herself at his best friend.
- Vengeful Ghost: Father Cooper anticipates her intent to fatally possess Bill, her accidental murderer.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: While the tone of the film is at times gentle and comedic, its villain, after suffering a graphic incineration, kills people with candidly brutal consequences.
- Voice of the Legion: On retaining corporeality.
Played By: Robert Lewis, Richard Monette
Played By: Terri Hawkes
- Alpha Bitch: Deconstructed. Revels in attention, and takes any opportunity for a jibe, however vicious, at Vicki, but is perfectly nice to most everyone else, and tries to bribe Josh to rig the votes in her favour. This, and her sad, defeated reaction to reading his price of fellatio, hint at insecurity.
- Break the Cutie: With humiliation. And the trauma of seeing a charred corpse claw its way out of a bullet wound in the chest of her classmate.
- Class Clown: Her self-aggrandisement has a playful comicality.
- Death Glare: After sadly calling Josh a bastard, masks her humiliation with one.
- Due to the Dead: Attends Jess's funeral and looks upset during it, but then shortly afterwards brings her up while insulting Vicki in a way not showing much respect.
- Foil: Whereas Mary Lou receives peer adulation with calm self-assurance and is spectacularly killed onstage, Kelly jovially parades a front of self-confidence, feels she needs to rig the votes, and is knocked to the floor and stabbed in the stomach by a falling neon light without it even being revealing whether it killed her or not.
- Genki Girl: Quite a bubbly lass.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Subverted; while Josh wryly notes her higher social standing, she seems genuinely fond of him.
- Hidden Depths: Grudgingly hints a forlorn insecurity. Also seems to be an ace at darts.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: While outwardly cheerily confident of her popularity, her attempt to bribe Josh to rig the votes hints at a desperation for peer affirmation. On learning she went through with his price for nothing, she looks to be on the verge of tears.
- I Just Want to Be Loved /I Just Want to Be Special: Implied by her presentation of her classmates with bell-adorned badges in pursuit of the prom queen vote, attempt to bribe Josh to rig the votes, and quiet devastation on having gone through with his price for nothing.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- She's seen looking upset after Vicky is lying on the ground unresponsive after Kelly deliberately spiked her with a volleyball.
- More ambiguously, she hurries away after Vicki tells at her for insulting Jess, possibly indicating guilt for this.
- She's deeply upset looking after caning back to the dance floor following give Josh oral sex.
- Pink Means Feminine: Wears pink gym clothes.
- Product Placement: Likes her Diet Pepsi.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: The emergence of Mary Lous charred corpse from a bullet wound in Vicki's chest has the usually buoyant Kelly speechless with horror.
Played By: Brock Simpson
- Adorkable: Jovially exhibits his (ineffective) potato-powered radio, and makes (often lewd) quips.
- Beware the Silly Ones: In exchange for his rigging of the votes, Kelly tells him to name his price, and is clearly hurt by his request for fellatio.
- Came Back Wrong: Appears as an animate electrocuted corpse in a prop room sarcophagus, and isn't exactly his jolly old self.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Although his homemade radio could do with some work.
- Genre Savvy: Albeit jokingly. "Linda Blairseville!"
- Pervy Patdown: Jokingly threatens Kelly with one.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Is graphically electrocuted by his Mary Lou-possessed computer.
Played By: Beverley Hendry
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Her dad keeps a Porn Stash which she sneers a bit about
- Big Damn Kiss: She gives one to Josh after he jokes they should get it out of the way to avoid being tempted to kiss in public at the prom.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Somewhat aggressively aloof, but soon warms up to Josh.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Scornfully dismisses a courteous proposition, yet eventually embraces the mutual attraction between herself and Josh, and is a good friend to Vicki.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Openly acerbic, in contrast to Vicki.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Bemused at having failed to attract a boyfriend, she soon succumbs to the charms of Josh.
Played By: Beth Gondek
- Break the Cutie: Is tearfully distraught after having fallen unexpectedly pregnant. Later, alone in the art room, sadly tries on the prom regalia and, having enraged the spirit of Mary Lou, is brutally killed.
- Mistaken for Suicidal: Her death is believed to have been self-inflicted due to having fallen pregnant.
- Teen Pregnancy: Played for Drama. It's also implied to have been a while coming based on her comment that her mom makes her get tested every year.
Played By: Wendell Smith