Voiced by: Anna Torv
- Action Girl: Highly trained in combat and a One-Woman Army for sure.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her outfit exposes her abs.
- Big Sister Instinct: We mentioned it's a bad idea to hurt Kai, right?
- Cool Sword: She wields the eponymous Heavenly Sword.
- Determinator: The Hero himself would be impressed. Nariko literally refuses to die so long as the job isn't done.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Outfit exposes her top-right half and her left-lower half respectively.
- Lady of War: Her movements are deadly and graceful.
- Lightning Bruiser: Despite her lithe frame, she hits pretty hard and is extremely agile. In addition, two of her sword stances include "Power" and "Speed" for emphasis heavy and light attacks.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is extremely attractive, even Bohan agrees. Also doubles as Third-Person Seductress, since she is the playable character.
- One-Woman Army: Nariko vs. horde? Almost a fair fight.
- Tranquil Fury: She does lose her cool a few times, but Nariko's much more dangerous when she's quiet.
Voiced by: Lydia Baksh
- Automatic Crossbows: Her weapon of choice.
- Badass Adorable: You wouldn't think a teenage girl wearing a pink cap would be such a pain in the ass to an invader horde.
- Badass Normal: Not only its said she has no training in closed combat, she also doesn't wield a magical blade like Nariko. It makes no difference because she uses a crossbow with deadly effect.
- Broken Bird: Twice over. And then Nariko dies. Poor Kai.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Cloudcuckoolander. Not all there. Calls shooting people "playing twing-twang." Can almost keep up with a Physical God in the badass department.
- Cool Hat: Wears a pink cap with ears on it.
- Deuteragonist: Nariko might be The Heroine, but Kai is the second most important character in the narrative and she has her own playable segment in the story.
- Facial Markings: Kai's face has white paint which serve to denote her tribal origins.
- Fragile Speedster: Justified since she is a ranged fighter and can't take many hits.
- Friendly Sniper: Though she is a bit loony, she is a very friendly and nice crossbow user.
- Happily Adopted: Nariko found her alone in the wilderness and took her in. However, the rest of the clan doesn't treat Kai any better than they do Nariko.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Using aftertouch, she can curve her shots back and forth with a crossbow.
- Wild Child: Literally, since Kai was found in the wilderness by Nariko and adopted.
Voiced by Ewan Stewart
Voiced by Andy Serkis
- An Axe to Grind: He carries a battle ax with him all the time, but he never uses it.
- Big Bad: His mad campaign for conquest puts Nariko's tribe in danger and drives the whole plot. Though it turns out, he is merely The Heavy for the Raven King.
- Classic Villain: Represented by four sins: Pride (considers himself the mightiest monarch in the world), Envy (Of being passed over for Master Shen in their youth), Lust (is a dirty old bastard who hits on Nariko and keeps Whiptail as his concubine) and Ambition (seeks to rule over all around him).
- Dirty Old Man: He is old enough for his own son to be in his adult years, and hits on Nariko while she is imprisoned.
- Evil Old Folks: His advanced age is pretty noticeable, from his white facial hair and wrinkles. And he is an Evil Overlord with aspirations to conquer the local area.
- Evil Overlord: A cruel tyrant who seeks to bring control and order to the realm, by slaughtering all those who resist him.
- Jerkass: As if being a power-mad monarch wasn't bad enough, this guy is a massive prick.
- Non-Action Big Bad: Justifiably, since his old age prevents him from being in the frontline and he wouldn't last a second in a straight up fight against Nariko. It takes him being possessed by an evil spirit to become a proper physical danger.
Voiced by Steven Berkoff
- Boom, Headshot!: How Kai ends up killing him, with a crossbow bolt to the forehead.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Played for horror. He's definitely out of his mind, but he still works as Bohan's primary enforcer.
- Combat Aestheticist: Obsessed with the "style" of combat.
- Doppelgänger Spin: His combat relies on superhuman speed to the point of appearing to make doppelgängers.
- Flash Step: A major part of his skill set.
- Flight: With his wings, he is capable of flight. It's unclear if they are naturally a part of him, though.
- Razor Wings: His Weapon of Choice.
- The Sociopath: His treatment of Kai fits him firmly into this category.
- Would Hurt a Child: Attempts to hang Kai for fun.
- You Killed My Father: Killed and stuffed Kai's mother.
Voiced by Race Davies
- Animal Motifs: Snakes. She has a long snake like tail and she appears to have scales in her body.
- Butterface: She has a pretty curvy bod and her outfit is even more Stripperiffic than Nariko's. Her face is ruined by her razor-sharp teeth.
- Dark Action Girl: The only female general in Bohan's army and a boss you must fight.
- Dark Mistress: To King Boham.
Voiced by Richard Ridings
- Anti-Villain: He isn't that bad compared to other villains and all he wants is to impress his father.
- Animal Motifs: Cockroachs. His armor resembles a cockroach carapace and there is his name of course.
- Dumb Muscle: Roach is a massive fiend, but not very smart.