Voiced by: Anna Torv
- Action Girl: Highly trained in combat and a One-Woman Army for sure.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her outfit exposes her abs.
- Big Sister Instinct: We mentioned it's a bad idea to hurt Kai, right?
- Cool Sword: She wields the eponymous Heavenly Sword.
- Death Glare: She gives out a lot of these if your name is Bohan or Flying Fox.
- Determinator: The Hero himself would be impressed. Nariko literally refuses to die so long as the job isn't done.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Outfit exposes her top-right half and her left-lower half respectively.
- Healing Hands: The sword grants Nariko the ability to heal others through touch, as she does with Shen.
- Heroes Prefer Swords
- Lady of War: Her movements are deadly and graceful.
- Lightning Bruiser: Despite her lithe frame, she hits pretty hard and is extremely agile. In addition, two of her sword stances include "Power" and "Speed" for emphasis heavy and light attacks.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is extremely attractive, even Bohan agrees. Also doubles as Third-Person Seductress, since she is the playable character.
- One-Woman Army: Nariko vs. horde? Almost a fair fight.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Unfortunately for Nariko, being a woman in this type of clan makes her an outcast.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Tranquil Fury: She does lose her cool a few times, but Nariko's much more dangerous when she's quiet.
Voiced by: Lydia Baksh
- Automatic Crossbows: Her weapon of choice.
- Badass Adorable: You wouldn't think a teenage girl wearing a pink cap would be such a pain in the ass to an invader horde.
- Badass Normal: Not only its said she has no training in closed combat, she also doesn't wield a magical blade like Nariko. It makes no difference because she uses a crossbow with deadly effect.
- Broken Bird: Twice over. And then Nariko dies. Poor Kai.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Cloudcuckoolander. Not all there. Calls shooting people "playing twing-twang." Can almost keep up with a Physical God in the badass department.
- Cool Hat: Wears a pink cap with ears on it.
- Deuteragonist: Nariko might be The Heroine, but Kai is the second most important character in the narrative and she has her own playable segment in the story.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Goes around barefoot all the time.
- Facial Markings: Kai's face has white paint which serve to denote her tribal origins.
- Fragile Speedster: Justified since she is a ranged fighter and can't take many hits.
- Friendly Sniper: Though she is a bit loony, she is a very friendly and nice crossbow user.
- Happily Adopted: Nariko found her alone in the wilderness and took her in. However, the rest of the clan doesn't treat Kai any better than they do Nariko.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Using aftertouch, she can curve her shots back and forth with a crossbow.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Le Parkour
- Sole Survivor: After her clan was destroyed by Flying Fox.
- Third-Person Person: Kai often talks about Kai like this! It gets less adorable when you stop to consider that all of Kai's Cloudcuckoolander tendencies are the result of the trauma caused by Flying Fox decimating her people and literally shoving her mother's corpse into her face for a laugh. No wonder she partially snapped.
- Wild Child: Literally, since Kai was found in the wilderness by Nariko and adopted.
Voiced by Ewan Stewart
Voiced by Andy Serkis
- An Axe to Grind: He carries a battle axe with him all the time, but he never uses it. Not until his union with the Raven King.
- Big Bad: His mad campaign for conquest puts Nariko's tribe in danger and drives the whole plot. Though it turns out, he is merely The Heavy for the Raven King.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: He gets these after the Raven King merges with him.
- Classic Villain: Represented by four sins: Pride (considers himself the mightiest monarch in the world), Envy (Of being passed over for Master Shen in their youth), Lust (is a dirty old bastard who hits on Nariko and keeps Whiptail as his concubine) and Ambition (seeks to rule over all around him).
- Dirty Old Man: He is old enough for his own son to be in his adult years, and hits on Nariko while she is imprisoned.
- Energy Ball: Can hurl these during the final battle at Nariko from the air.
- Evil Counterpart: Of Master Shen.
- Evil Is Hammy: Every scene he's in basically amounts him shouting at top of his lungs, cackling over things going his way, making wise-cracks at the expense of others.
- Evil Old Folks: His advanced age is pretty noticeable, from his white facial hair and wrinkles. And he is an Evil Overlord with aspirations to conquer the local area.
- Evil Overlord: A cruel tyrant who seeks to bring control and order to the realm, by slaughtering all those who resist him.
- Final Boss: Fuels himself with the power of the Raven King for the final battle with Nariko.
- Fusion Dance: With the Raven King.
- Jerkass: As if being a power-mad monarch wasn't bad enough, this guy is a massive prick.
- Non-Action Big Bad: Justifiably, since his old age prevents him from being in the frontline and he wouldn't last a second in a straight up fight against Nariko. It takes him being possessed by an evil spirit to become a proper physical danger.
- Power Gives You Wings: A shadowy pair, thanks to the Raven King's power taking over.
- Self-Made Orphan: The animated prequel reveals that Bohan poisoned his father's wine to usurp him at the goading of the Raven King.
- Shoulders of Doom: Thanks to the giant gold pauldrons clipped to his armor.
- Utopia Justifies the Means
- Visionary Villain
Voiced by Steven Berkoff
- Ax-Crazy: He really, really loves hurting and killing people, be they capable of putting up a fight or not.
- Bad Boss: During his first boss fight, he hangs back while having a bunch of his soldiers jump into the fray to fight Nariko, all of them jeering at her. Once Nariko has easily made mincemeat out of a few waves of them, the soldiers begin to realize that she is more powerful than any of them are, knowing her gender has nothing to do with her strength. When Flying Fox tries to encourage another warrior to jump into the arena to face her, he quickly refuses, knowing it's suicide to even try. Flying Fox slugs him into the arena from the ledge they're on for his trouble and bullies the others right to their deaths.
- Blood Knight
- Boom, Headshot!: How Kai ends up killing him, with a crossbow bolt to the forehead.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Played for horror. He's definitely out of his mind, but he still works as Bohan's primary enforcer.
- Combat Aestheticist: Obsessed with the "style" of combat.
- Doppelgänger Spin: His combat relies on superhuman speed to the point of appearing to make doppelgängers. In his final bout with Nariko, he fights alongside several actual independent copies at first, then later brings forth about a dozen to overwhelm her. It's then revealed that Flying Fox is hiding out of sight in the final phase and summoning more copies to weaken Nariko. Kai snipes him to put an end to what would have been an endless battle.
- The Dragon: To Bohan.
- Flash Step: A major part of his skill set.
- Flight: With his wings, he is capable of flight. It's unclear if they are naturally a part of him, though.
- Karmic Death: After everything he did to hurt Kai, it is nothing short of poetic justice that she's the one who ultimately kills him.
- Lean and Mean: Scrawny to the point where some of his ribs are visible and the skin on his face looks especially tight. Whiptail's jab at him of being a "skull on a stick" isn't all that too far off when one sees his physique.
- Precision-Guided Boomerang: Those blades on his back can be repeatedly pulled off and thrown like boomerangs. Nariko can knock them right back at him.
- Psycho for Hire
- Razor Wings: His Weapon of Choice.
- The Sociopath: His treatment of Kai fits him firmly into this category.
- Tennis Boss: By using the proper stance, Nariko can reflect Flying Fox's own flying blades right back at his face, dealing some damage and knocking him out of the air.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: It really does in a case where you have a dozen extras.
- Would Hurt a Child: Attempts to hang Kai for fun.
- You Killed My Father: Killed and stuffed Kai's mother.
Voiced by Race Davies
- Ambiguously Human: Whiptail's claw-like nails and teeth could easily be explained by body-modification art... but she also has patches of scales and a giant scaly tail running down her back. What's more, said tail is connected to a large headdress she wears fashioned in the likeness of a sea serpent or eel. The tail is clearly alive since is wriggles during her death scene, so whether the tail is connected to Whiptail's spine itself or the entire outfit piece is somehow one whole living creature is never answered.
- Animal Motifs: Snakes. She has a long snake like tail and she appears to have scales in her body.
- Butterface: She has a pretty curvy bod and her outfit is even more Stripperiffic than Nariko's. Her face is ruined by her razor-sharp teeth.
- Dark Action Girl: The only female general in Bohan's army and a boss you must fight.
- Dark Mistress: To King Bohan.
- Giant Wall of Watery Doom: She can use her whip to create these in the giant pool she faces Nariko in.
- Making a Splash
- Milking the Giant Cow: Definitely notable during the cutscene prior to her battle with Nariko.
- Prehensile Tail:
- Tail Slap
- Whip It Good
Voiced by Richard Ridings
- Abusive Parents: Bohan constantly insults Roach's looks and intelligence, snarls at him whenever he displays the smallest bit of joy, and HATES it whenever his own son calls him "daddy" in front of others.
- Anti-Villain: He isn't that bad compared to other villains and all he wants is to impress his father.
- Animal Motifs: Cockroaches. His armor resembles a cockroach carapace and there is his name of course.
- Belly Flop Crushing
- Bullfight Boss: He must be lured into rolling into the wooden structures set up on the edges of the battle-pit's edge to dizzy himself, leaving him partially vulnerable on his side for a bit.
- Dual Wielding: Uses a pair of giant sickle-swords known as khopeshes.
- Dumb Muscle: Roach is a massive fiend, but not very smart.
- Fat Idiot: Rather overweight and not all that bright.
- Psychopathic Manchild
- Mighty Glacier: Slow and steady, but he can take a beating. He also hits like a truck.
- Overlord Jr.: Bohan's mammoth and monstrous son.
- Rolling Attack: He can curl up into a ball and try to steamroll Nariko.
- Stout Strength: The big lug may be fat, but he's also got plenty of muscle on him. The fact that he's also three times the size of anyone in the game also makes him a powerful fighter.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: All Roach wants to do is make his father proud, regardless of the obvious disgust Bohan has for having a mentally-stunted and deformed son for the heir of his kingdom. At the end of the game, Bohan's rejection by the Raven King leaves the old man a broken and blinded mess, and Roach is the only one to come to his aid, earning Nariko's permission to allow him to take his father home in his arms.