This is a list of characters who appear in Heat Signature.
Members of the Resistance
Former and current super-spy, responsible for the near-singlehanded annihilation of the Sleepers after they killed someone she cared about. Now sixty or so, Sader has decided to take a different approach to her job, having been shot at least ten times.
- The Chessmaster: She's an agent of an unknown faction that wants the sector to be independent...because that'll make conquering it in one fell swoop easier (though she mentioned they're not interested in ruining lives, they'll set up a better system than the current four).
- Cool Old Lady: Sixty? Check. Shot ten times? Check. Stole a third of an entire fleet by herself, after assassinating its commanding officer? Check. Do not cross Sader Fiasco.
- Knowledge Broker: Sader has retired from fieldwork to help coordinate the resistance.
- Memetic Badass: In-universe. The Sleepers killed someone important to her. She killed their commanding officer, stole a third of their fleet, somehow arranged for Sovereign to show up at the worst possible time and possibly summoned a lightning storm.
- Mission Control: For the personal missions.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: A fifth faction, the Sleepers, killed someone important to her. They do not appear in the game. She is why.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Naturally. She's a career spy and ship-thief. Who knows how many people she's killed or how many lives she's ruined?
Former member of the Foundry, Breaker left for unspecified reasons. He bears them no malice, but is glad to be out. Breaker Gemini is always available to talk to.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Breaker appears to wear some pretty rad goggles on his forehead.
A Glitcher, unlocked for conversation by liberating the Glitchers stronghold. They've teleported sixty times.
- Electronic Eyes: Has one on their right, which they jokingly claim lets them see their dead clones' potential futures.
- Genki Girl: Asli comes across as a little on the hyperactive/excitable/goofy side.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Has a long conversation with you about how they work. There's a lot of Fridge Horror involved.
Former Sovereign cryptographer, unlocked for conversation by liberating the Sovereign stronghold. One day, a kill order came down from on high. Mirfak was lucky enough to be tipped off by an associate; they hit the ground running and never looked back. To this day, they don't know how close the cleaner came.
Former Offworld Security, now Chief of Security for the station. Unlocked for conversation by liberating the Offworld Security stronghold. Quit (or was fired) due to 'politics', and doesn't want to talk about it.