For characters from other games in the series, check out the Characters page here.
- Bishie Sparkle: All the marriage candidates (yes, even the girls) have a bishie sparkle when you first meet them.
Angela/Kevin/Molly/KaseyThe player characters. Angela and Kevin for Tree of Tranquility, and all four in Animal Parade.
- The Ace
- The Chosen One: This is pretty much the explanation for Finn's existence in Animal Parade—he's the guide to help the chosen one restore the Goddess Tree.
- Curtains Match the Window: Arguable only for Molly, who sometimes looks red-haired in artwork.
- Dub Name Change: They are known as "Akari", "Takeru", "Hikari", and "Yuuki" in Japan.
- Fairy Companion: Finn the Harvest Sprite becomes one for the player in Animal Parade.
- Friend to All Living Things: Except moles.
- Generation Xerox: The New Game+ mode of Tree of Tranquility has you playing as your child... Who looks exactly like you do, lives in a town exactly like yours, and can even (provided they're the same gender as your original character) marry the same person. Um. Also, their child can start a new adventure, continuing the cycle for as long as you choose to.
- Harem Seeker: Considering the number of marriage candidates in the game, you can certainly make your character into this.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Their default names are already in the blanks, but most people just ignore them.
- Heroic Mime: As always, aside from canned answers during Scripted Events. You see your character's mouth moving often, but there are never any words. Somewhat subverted in Tree of Tranquility. Both Kevin and Angela will say "Let's go!" when waking up and starting a new day; "There, there" when tending to their animals; and "Great!" when receiving a tool, or during certain events. These, however, are voice clips spoken aloud. These clips weren't terribly popular with the fans.
- Idiot Hair: All of them, with the exception of Kasey, who has Hair Antennae.
- Skirt over Slacks: Both Angela's and Molly's default outfits.
- Virtual Paper Doll: You can dress them up in different outfits and accessories once you purchase them at the tailor's or festivals, or have them made by the blacksmith.
AnissaA gentle, graceful young woman who lives on her parents' farm, which is where she's usually found. She is interested in medicine and healing.
- Beauty Mark: Near the outside corner of her left eye.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: More mild than most, but the reason she gives for not liking cocktails is that they give her awful headaches.
- Cool Big Sis: To Taylor.
- Dub Name Change: She is known as "Anise" in Japan.
- Fear of Thunder
- Floral Theme Naming: Only in the Japanese version. There, her name is Anise, and her brother's name is Thyme.
- Florence Nightingale Effect
- Nice Girl
- Onee-sama: Her brother Taylor thinks very highly of her.
- Rapunzel Hair: Goes lower than her waist.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Gentle, graceful, flower motifs, yep.
MayaA waitress at the inn. Loves fine cuisine, but couldn't make it herself if her life depended on it.
- Big Eater: Given how much she likes to talk about food.
- The Cutie: Not surprising, given what her parents are like.
- Dub Name Change: She's called "Mai" in Japan.
- Genki Girl
- Lethal Chef: Despite this, she has her own cooking show, if only out of the "Those who cannot do..." school of thought.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Energetic Girl to Chase's Savvy Guy.
- Through Her Stomach
- Trademark Favorite Food: She likes anything that's cooked, but especially snacks (pies, cakes etc.)
ReneeA young woman who works at her parents' ranch. She's easygoing and spends her spare time fishing.
- Curtains Match the Window: Brown eyes and brown hair
- Dub Name Change: She is named "Lina" in Japan.
- Expy: Of (young) Ellen from previous games.
- Friend to All Living Things: She does berate her parents for not taking care of the animals "properly".
- Happily Married: If she marries Toby, they're never seen fighting in their rival cutscenes or after.
- Nice Girl
- Pink Means Feminine: Her Fall/Winter outfit.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: In training.
SelenaA native from Toucan Island who dreams of leaving home and working as a dancer.
- Ambiguously Brown: At least, her art is. Her in-game model has more or less the same skin tone as everyone else, with slightly darker shading.
- Attention Whore: She admits it herself, really.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Belly Dancer
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Seems like an Alpha Bitch at first but becomes noticeably nicer as you befriend her.
- Dub Name Change: She is named "Sheila" in Japan.
- Exposed to the Elements: Her winter outfit is basically nothing but a different color Belly Dancer outfit.
- Fiery Redhead: Especially prominent in her rival cutscenes with Luke.
- Fish out of Water: Being from a tropical climate, she hates the cold seasons. She also frequently comments on the different culture, and some of the festivals seem lost on her.
- Ms. Fanservice
PhoebeAn inventor, she hangs around with Calvin a lot and helps him.
- Dub Name Change: She is named "Pat" in Japan.
- Expy: She's oddly similar to Flora from AWL/DS, both in working with an archaeologist, some clothing, and being a Meganekko.
- Gadgeteer Genius
- Wrench Wench: She spends much of her time tinkering with something.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Well, it's more teal, but in terms of strangeness it's all the same.
CandaceA very shy girl who works in the tailor shop. Older sister of Luna.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Blue eyes, blue hair.
- Dub Name Change: She is named "Kotomi" in Japan.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me
- Opposites Attract: Julius is much more open than her.
- Raised by Grandparents: Her parents died, so she only has Luna and Shelly.
- Shrinking Violet
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: To the letter.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She's very quiet and shy, while her sister, Luna, is outgoing to the point of bluntness.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Very blue.◊
LunaCandace's younger sister. Unlike her older sibling, Luna is outgoing—and even a little rude! She looks very young, but don't believe that for a second.
- Little Sister Instinct: She does NOT want Julius talking to Candace, due to how he treated Candace when they were kids.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT suggest that she's immature in any way.
- Cat Smile
- Dub Name Change: She is named "Ruumi" in Japan.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: She dresses like this from time to time. It doesn't help her look much older.
- Expy: She bears a striking resemblance to Chibi Usa/Mini Moon from Sailor Moon. This might have lead to a possible Shout-Out to Sailor Moon in the English versions of the games, where her name is Luna, which means "moon" in Spanish.
- Hair Decorations: There's a few flowers and a headband.
- Girlish Pigtails: Lest we forget a single aspect of her appearance...
- Mega Twintails
- Older Than They Look: In Tree Of Tranquility she was kind of short, but still available as a marriage candidate.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: Moreso a Reboot Relevant Height Increase. In Tree of Tranquility, she was so short she looked like she was the same age as the other children on the island. In Animal Parade, despite her age not being changed, she was made taller.
- Raised by Grandparents
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She's the outgoing and brash counterpart to Candace's shyness.
- Woman Child: Behaves like this in her rival cutscenes with Gill, even if she flat-out denies being immature. Justified, as she's 16, and not technically adult yet in most cultures.
KathyA waitress at her father's bar. She enjoys horseback riding.
- Bare Your Midriff: At least for the Spring-Summer outfits.
- Cool Big Sis
- Expy: Particularly of Gwen in terms of looks and personality.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Missing Mom: She mentions that her mother died before her father started the bar.
- Tsundere: For Owen.
Witch (Animal Parade)
- Baleful Polymorph: You initially meet her as a pink frog. Thanks to the Wizard, she gets better.
- Cute Witch: A staple of the series.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Possibly. There are some hints at this, like how she doesn't get along well with the Harvest King or how she says she doesn't know what to do if you died or disappeared suddenly (if you're married to her that is).
- Divergent Character Evolution: The main thing that separates her from the Witch Princess, whom she's an obvious Expy of? The Witch Princess is usually the Harvest Goddess' nemesis. Here, she's one of her staunchest allies.
- Love Freak: Unlike the Wizard, she says that she is fascinated by the concept of romance.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is certainly the flashiest out of the witches in Harvest Moon, dressed in just a corset, bloomer-like shorts, and stockings.
- Mystical White Hair: Has long white hair, which she passes on to her children.
- No Name Given: Until she is married, which she reveals it to be Vivi.
- Not Good with People: As a result of being a witch and living alone deep in the Fugue Forest, she can be abrasive. During most festivals, she says that they don't interest her enough to participate.
- Older Than They Look: She has lived on the island longer than most of its residents and tells the player that she will continue to live for a long time.
- Pet the Dog: She greatly respects the Harvest Goddess. In fact, her failed spell was meant to revive the Goddess Tree.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: More of an orange hue, but still in effect.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Harvest GoddessA deity who watches over the divine tree near the Goddess Pond.
- Curtains Match The Windows: She has both blue eyes and hair.
- Hot God: She looks like an attractive young woman.
- Interspecies Romance: The male protagonists are humans who can marry her.
- MayflyDecember Romance: Being a goddess, she will outlive her human husband.
- No Name Given: Her name is Sephia, but she doesn't tell you that unless you marry her.
- Physical God: She's a physical goddess. However, few humans can see her.
- Really 700 Years Old: It's impossible to tell her age, but she's very long-lived.
JinA doctor who works at the local clinic.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Became a doctor after trying to save his first wife from terminal illness to no avail.
- Dub Name Change: He is known as "Won" in Japan
- Florence Nightingale Effect
- Hospital Hottie
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Has his hair up in a ponytail. It still manages to reach his shoulders.
- Second Love: Very rare for the Harvest Moon series. If not your female Player Characters, then Anissa is this for him.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Adjusting Your Glasses: His talking gesture.
- Town Doctor
- Does Not Like Spam: He hates cold drinks, mostly cocktails.
ChaseA cook and waiter at the inn. In Animal Parade, he becomes the head chef at the bar, instead.
- Deadpan Snarker: He comes off quite rude because of this.
- Dub Name Change: He is named "Chihaya" in Japan.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: There is a minor event where you can bring him certain dishes and he'll taste-test them for you. Giving him an orange cake during one of these would lead to him saying it's not good enough and to bring him a better dish. Ironically it's one of his favourite items.
- Hair Color Dissonance: His hair seems like it's pale blonde, but taking a closer look reveals that it's actually pink. This could be an artistic representation of a "strawberry blonde," but still...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He tends to have a snarky way of speaking and teases or outright insults Maya up until he marries. He can be pretty mean to you too but if you befriend him he warms up to you.
- No Accounting for Taste: He and Maya, sometimes. Their daughter Dakota even points out the fact that they fight all the time, and even cites it as the reason she'll never get a younger sister.
- Parental Abandonment: In Tree of Tranquility, he says that he can't remember his parents' faces. However, what happened to them is never mentioned (And the subject is never brought up in Animal Parade). Word of God has declared him an orphan.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The Savvy Guy to Maya's Energetic Girl.
- Supreme Chef: To contrast with his counterpart, Maya. He even says, when they get married, that she doesn't have to try and cook any more—just taste-test.
- Purple Eyes: Which your children with him, and his daughter Dakota if he and Maya get married, inherit.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Dishes with oranges in them.
- Tsundere: Type A.
JuliusWorks at the Blacksmith with Mira. In Animal Parade, he works at the accessory shop as a jewelry designer.
- Bishie Sparkle: His is even special-er amidst the normal Bishie Sparkle of the other candidates, because his sparkles have roses in them.
- Bowdlerize: In Japan, the first rival event between him and Candace in Animal Parade has him getting mad at Candace because he thinks she thinks he's a crossdresser. In America, this was changed to him thinking she thinks he's... short. In some sense, this makes it funnier—Candace never does say why, so one could interpret it as Julius being oblivious to how camp he acts.
- Camp Straight: Goes on about beauty and fashion, but marries Candace, a girl. He's also an eligible bachelor for the female players.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Marries Candace if you don't, who've known each other since childhood.
- Dub Name Change: He is named "Julie" in Japan.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: "Candace is marrying the blacksmith? I thought he was a woman when I first met him!" And so did a whack of the fandom. Even Candace thought that he was a girl when they were kids!
- Gender-Blender Name: His Japanese name "Julie" is usually used for girls.
- Hands-Off Parenting: He notes that his parents travel all over the world and sometimes forget to contact. Somewhat justified in that Julius is an adult, so they know he can take care of himself.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Oh jeez!
- Metrosexual: He's so flaming, he isn't allowed into barns, but he's still a bachelor.
- Opposites Attract: His relationship with Candace.
- Say It with Hearts: Just about every line he has ends with a star, heart, or musical note.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sweet potato dishes and dishes that contain pumpkins.
- Tsundere: Was this to Candace when they were kids. He bullied her, and when Luna confronts him about it he says that he did it because he liked her.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: You could almost pass it off as him having dyed it—he does have streaks in his hair—but his kids in Animal Parade prove that he's a natural purple.
TobyLocal fisherman, a laid-back young man who likes taking naps in the shade and fishing his days away.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He actually is quite knowledgeable about nature.
- Dub Name Change: He is named "Tao" in Japan.
- Engaging Conversation: How he proposes in his rival heart event.
- Eyes Always Shut: It appears to be genetic. His uncle Ozzie, cousin Paolo, and his potential son with Renee, Matt, all have them as well. Lampshaded with Matt: "Everyone tells me he's got my eyes." Though when Toby does open them during some Cut Scenes, they're green. Your child with him in Animal Parade has green eyes as well.
- Happily Married: If he marries Renee, they're never seen fighting in their rival cutscenes or after.
- Hidden Depths: Romancing him reveals that he's aware that others don't have high standards for him because of his easygoing nature, and as a result, he has low self-esteem.
- Meaningful Name: In Japanese his name is Tao, after the East Asian philosophy that fits with his character.
- Missing Mom
- The Quiet One: He's not exactly shy, however. When it concerns his hobbies, at least. His own self-worth is a different story.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Unsurprisingly, seafood dishes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: More like grey.
GillAn arrogant and saucy boy, and the son of Mayor Hamilton.
- All There in the Manual: Well, all there on the offical website (English translation is in the second post down here) anyway; his backstory, which turns him from a plain Jerk with a Heart of Gold to a full Jerkass Woobie.
- Defrosting Ice King: Becomes this if your character befriends or courts him.
- Dub Name Change: He is named "Gil" in Japan.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Goes well with his personality.
- Idiot Hair: Though he's presumably quite intelligent.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: His grumpiness belies a genuinely noble attitude.
- Love at First Sight: If you court and propose to him in Animal Parade, he will tell the PC that he was in love with her from the moment they first met (despite acting rather aloof and cold at first).
- Missing Mom: Turns out she's not so much missing as dead...
- Strong Family Resemblance: As it turns out, more to his mother than his dad in terms of hairstyle.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tomato dishes, especially ratatouille. Tragically, it's because they remind him of his mother's cooking.
- Tsundere: He often acts pushy towards/belittles the main character though he greatly respects them for restoring the island and will still tease them now and then if they become his close friend or girlfriend.
- Gill: Whatever... It's not like I'm happy just because I got to see you, Hello, [Insert Name Here]... * blush*
LukeThe fiery-tempered son of the Carpenter.
- An Axe to Grind: And for about eight hours a day in Animal Parade, he stands outside of the carpenter's shop and swings that axe at nothing. You'd think someone would get on his case for that.
- Book Dumb: Not the brightest.
- Childhood Friends: With Owen.
- The Fool
- Fourth Date Marriage: With Selena. The first time they meet, they get into a fight; not much later, he basically asks her "Wanna get married?" out of the blue. They're one of the happiest rival couples. They're the only non-player couple portrayed as wanting more than one child, though, since Status Quo Is God, they don't get one.
- Friend to All Children: Surprisingly enough! He loves kids.
- Hot-Blooded: He loves things being EXTREME!
- Missing Mom: She died when he was young.
- No Indoor Voice: EXTREME!
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Bo's Blue, seen in their cutscene with Gill.
- Technicolor Eyes: Gold, like his father's.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Anything spicy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark blue.
CalvinA traveling arcaheologist who works with Phoebe. He's got an enthusiastic heart.
- Absent-Minded Professor: Some of the things he says indicates he enjoys letting his mind wander.
- Adventurer Archaeologist
- Adorkable: Potently.
- He's reminiscent of Carter from AWL/DS; moreso in personality than appearance. (They're both stern-seeming archaeologists with boyish zeal for their work.)
- Saying nothing of his resemblance to Indiana Jones. In one of their Rival Events in Tree of Tranquility, Phoebe even says "[he's] like an adventurer from a movie or something!". Another cutscene has Calvin bursting out to Luke and Owen attempting to demolish a pamphlet: "It belongs in a museum!" A Shout-Out to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Game-Breaking Bug: Unmarriable in earlier copies of Tree of Tranquility, due to a bug that would cause the game to freeze up when the player tried to complete a crucial marriage event.
- Hair Color Dissonance: Bright blonde in official art; light brown in-game.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his maaaanly appearance, he's actually very tender-hearted and awkward.
- It Belongs in a Museum: In this cutscene.
- MayDecember Romance: If you pursue him, he alludes to being older than the protagonist, but there's no solid evidence that the gap is as big as he makes it out to be. His official description even calls him a "young man."
- Mr. Fanservice: Someone at Marvelous apparently realized that most of the game's fans were girls, and started, uh, "catering" more to their interests. Behold the result. Umm... wow.
- Must Have Caffeine: Coffee is one of his favourite gift items.
OwenA big, tough guy who works with the blacksmith. He's very friendly, but also a bit of a party animal.
- The Alcoholic: He enjoys alcohol. Cocktails are some of his favorite drinks. And in the Japanese version of Animal Parade, he proposes to Kathy while DRUNK.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Kathy.
- The Blacksmith: In training, though he spends most of his time mining.
- Childhood Friends: With Luke.
- Dub Name Change: He is named "Ose" in Japan
- Fiery Redhead: Although not in the aggressive sense.
- Friend to All Children: Like Luke, he loves kids and spends time playing with his cousin Chloe and Bo.
- Gentle Giant
- Gray Eyes
- Parental Abandonment: Similar to Chloe.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Until Fall sets in, and he acquires a coat. But otherwise...
Wizard (Animal Parade)A loner who researches spells and likes to spend his evenings gazing into the stars.
- Ambiguously Brown: However, in the stories on the Japanese website, there is a reference made to him being from a desert town.
- Crystal Ball: He can read the hearts of marriage candidates with it.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: A very pale, almost grey blonde.
- Distaff Counterpart: He's basically the male version of the Cute Witch bachelorettes the series has grown fond of.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Everyone calls him wizard, but you could find out his real name if you married him. It's Gale.
- Fetch Quest: His role in the story is to have you fetch three things so he can cure the Witch.
- Fortune Teller
- MayflyDecember Romance: Has been around for a very long time, and will probably be around for a long time yet.
- Must Have Caffeine: He stays up all night (In fact, the only way to meet him before a certain event is to stay out until 2 AM), and most of his favorite items are coffee-related. Hmmm...
- Mystical White Hair: Due to being a wizard. Your children will inherit it.
- No Name Given: His name is Gale, but he only tells you if you marry him.
- What Is This Feeling?: Said word for word.
- Older Than They Look: Who knows how old he is.
- Really 700 Years Old: Looks like a handsome young man, despite being centuries old at least.
- The Stoic: Pretty quiet and keeps steady expressions, but he's not shy.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Invoked at a certain heart level if he's married, though only as a throwaway, probably to spare the Fridge Depression.
- Wizards Live Longer: He states that while he has not been around as long as the Goddess or King, he's still been alive for quite some time.
Harvest King (Animal Parade)An all-knowing deity who helps revive the Goddess Tree.
- Anger Born of Worry: He'll call you an imbecile if you go to visit him during a typhoon.
- Berserk Button: He'll be very, very angry if you kill the mother tree seed by neglecting to water it.
- Curtains Match the Window: Red eyes, red hair.
- Fiery Redhead: Literally.
- Hot God: He was clearly designed with this trope in mind.
- Interspecies Romance: The human female protagonists can marry him despite the fact he is a god.
- MayflyDecember Romance: Being a god, he will outlive his mortal wife. Very depressingly lampshaded by two of his marriage heart lines.After you are gone, I will be alone once more. When I think about that, it makes me sad.After you are gone... I shall love what you loved... I shall sing the songs that you sang.
- No Name Given: His name is Ignis, but he only tells you if you marry him.
- Physical God: Gee, ya think?
- Power Glows: There's a red aura all around him.
- Rapunzel Hair: It can reach the ground!
- Really 700 Years Old
- The Stoic
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: He shows little interest in interacting with the player character and frequently tells them to go home if they have no business with him. On seasonal festivities, he usually belittles the details.
- What Is This Feeling?
CraigAnissa's father, he runs the local farm and seed shop along with his wife, Ruth. He is not the biggest talker, and he and Ruth tend to fight a lot.
- Drowning My Sorrows: In Animal Parade, until the yellow bell is rung, which restores the power of earth to the land and allows his farm to thrive again.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: When you first meet him in Tree of Tranquility, he calls you an idiot over and over again. However, Ruth comments that he actually seems to like you, and he does warm up as you befriend him.
- Lazy Husband: Although, in Animal Parade (and Tree of Tranquility to a lesser extent), he's more demoralized than anything and does become more active as the island improves.
- Perpetual Frowner
RuthAnissa's mother. Runs the local farm and seed shop along with her husband, Craig. Usually, the two of them are fighting. Ruth frequently gets angry at her husband's slacking off on working the fields. As a result, she is rather overworked.
- Perpetual Frowner: Not the happiest lady.
TaylorAnissa's younger brother. He runs a seed delivery service.
- Anime Hair
- Annoying Younger Sibling
- Dub Name Change: He is called "Thyme" in Japan
- Free-Range Children: In Animal Parade, as you're introduced to him, he announces that he's going to go on a journey, like his sister, to try to help the farm in some way. You don't hear about it again - even from his parents - until he comes back.
- Goggles Do Nothing
- Mouthy Kid
- Young Entrepreneur: Kid's like 11 or so, and yet starts up his own phone-order seed delivery service.
PerryIn Tree of Tranquility, he's a relative of Jin's. If there's still a blood relationship in Animal Parade, it's never commented on, and instead of working in the Clinic, he works as the preacher at the local church, which had been suspiciously empty in ToT.
- The Apprentice: In the Clinic in Tree of Tranquility.
- Likes Older Women: In Animal Parade, he has a barely-hidden crush on Mira, whose husband recently passed away.
- Preacher Man: In Animal Parade.
- Good Shepherd: He's a pretty nice person.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A dark blue.
YolandaChief chef at the inn and Maya's grandmother.
- Apron Matron
- Cool Old Lady
- Supreme Chef: You can usually see her behind the counter at the inn.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She loves any kinds of stew.
JakeOwner of the inn and Maya's father.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Not so much brainwashed as obsessive, but after finding the Wizard's crystal ball he becomes a little bit insane...
- Happily Married: He's downright uxorious. (That means doting on one's wife, and the word was probably created specifically to describe him.)
- Telepathy: Temporarily, anyway, by using the Wizard's Crystal Ball.
- Shout-Out: He calls the crystal ball "my precious" when refusing to give it back to the wizard.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He loves anything that contains apples.
ColleenJake's wife and Maya's mother.
- Happily Married: Ridiculously happily. She and Jake take the cake for schmoopiest couple in the series, and they've been married for at least twenty years.
- Supreme Chef
PaoloA little boy who hangs out at the lighthouse. Toby is his cousin.
- Cheerful Child
- Missing Mom
- Nice Hat, which might be a Shout-Out to the previous Harvest Moon male characters.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: He turned the entire town into a Rube Goldberg Device alongside Phoebe, and says some pretty mature things on occassion. Makes you think how old he really is...
- Improbable Hairstyle: There's a curl in the front sticking straight up that's almost as big as his head and he still manages to look like he's got male pattern baldness.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: When she was alive, at least.
- Ultimate Authority Mayor: There's never anything like an election. If there was, he would be the only candidate.
Elli (Tree of Tranquility)A receptionist who works at Town Hall. She provides the weather report on television.
- The Cameo: In Animal Parade, she does not live in Castanet, but can still be seen on TV.
- Continuity Cameo: From Harvest Moon 64 (she mentions having been a baker and not a nurse)
DaleThe carpenter, Luke's father and acts as mentor to Bo.
- Badass Moustache: He and his moustache look big enough to fight a bear.
- Gentle Giant: He's not all that violent.
- Perpetual Frowner: He's actually a very cheerful character, but darned if you can tell by looking at him.
- Stout Strength
- Unusual Eyebrows: Of the fiery kind. His son Luke has them as well.
- Technicolor Eyes: Gold, which his son inherited.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark blue hair at that.
BoA carpenter at Dale's Shop and Luke's colleague and friend.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni to Luke's Red, as seen in their cutscene with Gill.
SamsonSelena's father who runs the Pineapple Inn on Toucan Island.
- Ambiguously Brown: Maybe he got so tan from living on that island.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Yup.
- Funny Afro: A small afro.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language
- Happily Married
SueSelena's mother who lives on Toucan Island.
- Ambiguously Brown: Maybe she got so tan from living on that island.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language
- Happily Married
- My Beloved Smother: She insists her daughter is still too immature for excitement outside home. She gets better.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
BarbaraPhoebe's mother. She usually takes care of the general store and has a very energetic personality.
- Genki Girl: All grown up, but maintains the sort of personality.
- Happily Married
- Opposites Attract: Her husband Simon definitely isn't as peppy as her. It's most noticeable when they're standing next to each other at the New Year's Festival, where she's cheering happily and he's looking around all worried.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With her husband, Simon.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
SimonRather more nervous and introverted than Barbara. In Tree of Tranquility, he helps out around the general store, but in Animal Parade, he runs a camera store. In both, he is Happily Married to Barbara and is Phoebe's father.
- Flanderization: He is obsessed with photography in Animal Parade, which introduces the camera feature.
- Happily Married: He and Barbara do argue, but they're pretty steadfast.
- Henpecked Husband: Moreso in Tree of Tranquility, where he's seen with Barbara more often.
- Opposites Attract
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With his wife, Barbara.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Light blue.
HaydenThe owner of the bar, and Kathy's father. While his face seems perpetually angry, he's actually one of the island's nicest residents.
- Face of a Thug: He constantly laments having one. He sort of scares children.
- Friend to All Children: Actual profession: Bartender. Preferred profession: Preschool teacher.
- Gentle Giant
- My Local: The owner and operator, since his wife's death.
- Real Men Wear Pink: As his daughter Kathy notes, he's excellent at doing housework.
ShellyA kindly old lady who works at Sonata Tailoring. She is the grandmother of Candace and Luna.
RamseyAn elderly blacksmith. He's Chloe's grandfather and Owen's great uncle.
- Badass Grandpa: He certainly looks the role and Chloe sees him this way.
- The Blacksmith: Yup.
- Cool Old Guy
- Doting Grandparent: Spoils Chloe a bit too much. Owen, not so much.
- Expy: Of Saibara from Mineral Town
ChloeA mischievous young girl. Owen's cousin and Ramsey's granddaughter.
- Blush Sticker
- Cheerful Child
- Fiery Redhead
- Genki Girl: Very energetic.
- Raised by Grandparents: Around the time of the Firefly Festival, she does imply her mother has passed away.
Theodore (Animal Parade)A circus ringmaster who has lost many of his animals.
VanAnissa and Jin's son, should they get married.
- Adorably Precocious Child
- Child Prodigy: In one event he can teach your own child about precipitation and such.
- Does Not Like Spam: Absolutely hates milk. Doubles as Unexpectedly Realistic Gameplay—people of Asian descent tend to have a higher incidence of lactose intolerance than people of other ethnicities.
DakotaMaya and Chase's daughter, should they get married.
MattToby and Renee's son, should they get married.
LucyLuke and Selena's daughter, should they get married.
- The Lad-ette: A nascent version: She much prefers sports to school, and is rather meat-headed.