About them all:
- Freudian Trio:
- Little Miss Badass: both girls, being only 13, seen best on the 3rd cover.
- Nice Mean And Inbetween
- Dimyne is the nice.
- Trigg is the mean one.
- Briskir is the inbetween for sometimes being a Insufferable Genius.
- Physical God: well, demigods, but still.
- Younger Than They Look: on the 1st and 2nd covers but due to an Art Shift do they look 13 on the 3rd book
Dimyne, aka. Dina Pedersen in Oslo.
Godly powers: Super Strength, Super Speed and athletic. Has no need for air, so she can survive under water. Can also create earthquakes.
When the demigods got to know that their mother, god Maèl was dead, it was Dimyne who took the heardest. Fighting the syndicate is for Dimyne an important way to honor their mother's memory.
- Bully Hunter: subverted, she is bullied herself, and doesn't really do anything when her siblings are, they're used to it.
- Dishing Out Dirt: well, only her creating earthquakes powers.
- Meaningful Name: Dina means "judged" and she was constantly judged by the other children.
- Passionate Sports Girl: jokes about this when she realises her powers.
- Promotion to Parent: she's more or less the mother of the family, even on Earth.
- Ship Tease: she notes that her heart beats faster when she sees Askil.
- Slowly Slipping Into Evil: if Briskir and Trigg hadn't stopped her, would she have pulled a FaceHeel Turn just to keep them safe.
- The Stoic: turns into it when Trigg is kidnapped.
- Team Mom: being the most mature of the triplets.
Briskir, aka. Balder Pedersen in Oslo.
Godly powers: Super Sight, does not have to sleep, but has prophetic dreams when sleeping.
Briskir settled immediately at ease with life Tiladnen, and was probably relieved to not continue his teenage life in Oslo. He is the demigod's Tiladnen expert, and knows pretty much everything of the islands and the many races that exist there.
- Awesome, but Impractical: his no need for sleep or prophetic dreams depends on how one see it. If he sleeps he'll know what'll happen in the future, but if he stays awake he can guard the group when they sleep.
- Badass Normal: he can't fight with his powers, but is still badass with the sword.
- Deep Sleep: has the power to make enemies fall into this.
- The Glasses Come Off: when his Super Sight awakens.
- Hypocrite: according to Trigg, he does not like the fact that Trigg likes Eld, but is blushing around Rasp a lot.
- Likes Older Women: clearly has a crush on Rasp in the 3rd book. His sisters likes older men, and their father was in love with one of the godesses that created Tiladnen, so one can easily say it's genetic.
- Meaningful Name: Balder means Prince, a fitting name for a demigod.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: the savvy guy to Rasp's energetic girl.
- Ship Tease: notes to himself that he's getting fond of Rasp.
Trigg, aka. Thea Pedersen in Oslo.
Godly powers: makes fire, and bleeds poison.
Trigg has a very special look, with bright red hair and porcelain-like face, which makes her from day one was easy to recognize for the syndicate. Despite this - and the many teenager "problems" - Trigg is willing face dangers and can be extremely brave.
- Cry into Chest: Eld's chest when she cries in fear of herself.
- Dare to Be Badass: When she gets over her Emo tendencies.
- Emo Teen: Which is also one of the reasons she was bullied.
- Fiery Red Head: Although it's dyed.
- First Love: Her first love was Suzette's boyfriend.
- Freakiness Shame: of her black, poisonerous blood.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Well, expect that she wasn't popular. But is noted by Dimyne to have many internet friends.
- Meaningful Name: Thea means "Gift of God", a fitting name for Daddy's Girl when her mother is a god.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When her blood accidentaly kills one of the guild members when the member bandages her wound.
- Official Couple: With Eld in the 3rd book, although they just sleep next to each other at night and never even kissed. He might be afraid to be Mistaken for Pedophile.
Tropes about them as a group:
Ramne BridnillRamne is the leader of the guild. He has been in almost 20 years, and nothing means more to him than to stop the alliance. Ramne fighting for Tiladnen and Tiladnen's many races, and he's alliance's largest opponent. And the alliance knows who he is, and becauce of that he cannot move freely on Tiladnen, in danger of being killed by the alliance's people or their allies.
Ramne have seen with my own eyes the horrors of the alliance is able to. Yet he knows that the world is not black and white, and eyes still hope for many of the alliance's members - he would like them to see what is right and choose to leave the alliance, before he and the guild must fight against them. At the same time he knows when words are no longer enough, and must be replaced with action.
- All-Loving Hero: was this until he got really tired of the alliance.
Askil AmirillAskil is Ramne's right hand. He is in his 20s, idealistic and ready to battle. Meanwhile Askil wise and prudent, also a good backup leader for the guild when Ramne is out on unknown assignments. Askil's parents are dead, and it is believed that Ramne is the closest he has a father.
It is his family castle is the guild headquarters. The castle, is located atop a hill in Oden on Møyland, which represents the wealth that once existed in the Amirill family. Askil's ancestors owned slaves and was very rich, and this status has gotten great respect from the alliance - which is why they have never suspected Askil's to have a role in the guild.
- Vague Age: one only know that he is in his 20s, hopefully younger or else is Dimyne's crush on him kinda squick.
Rasp is actually a half-devil - her father is a devil, and her mother is human. Yet it's the devil in Rasp who mostly wins out, in spite of that she has grown up in her human family in Våll on Møyland.
Like other devils Rasp is immortal. Because of her childish and playful nature is difficult to estimate how old she is - especially because Rasp rarely reveals it.
- Character Title: of her own book.
- Heroic Bastard: her mother slept with a devil one time she was angry at her human-husband.
- Hero of Another Story: of one of Mari Moen Holsve's earlier stories, Rasp.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: the energetic girl to Briskir's savvy guy.
- She's Got Legs: yup.◊
- Ship Tease: starts wanting having Briskir around her in the 3rd book.
DrekjildDrekjild is an avid young guild member and is particularly keen to fight for devil rights. She has close friendships to several devils, which is very unusual - but Drekjild has a history with the devils (which is told about in Rasp's story).
Drekjild's family died in a fire at Åshíld and Drekjild has since switched staying with the devils or with the guild. She is a loyal friend and is one of the most important members of the guild.
Leon has originally orange stripes, but he is also a chameleon cat. This means that he can change color by the environment, which is a powerful ability to have when alliance steps up its pursuit of the cat colonies. Leon is, like most cats, very wary of all people - especially because of the alliance's rampage.
Despite his skepticism people have Leon learned to befriend them when Briskir saves his life in the 2nd book.
- Punny Name: Leon as in chameLEON.
UdunUdun is a young female faun, and one of the few fauns that sometimes helps the guild. She is sweet, shy and subdued but still very sharp - and she has faun-intuition, which gives her an added advantage in most situations.
Udun is good friends with Askil and thrive in the guild headquarters in Oden.
EldLook at The Alliance
In addition, the alliance obessed with the Tiladnese gods, and often use the gods - and especially divine queen Céndel - as a pretext in their attempt to "purge" Tiladnen. Because the association is so concerned about the gods, is therefore the demigods of particular interest to them, and wants more than anything to get the demigods to fight on the alliance's side - if necessary, by force.
Tropes about them as a group:
- Irony: they're called the alliance on the english description on the books, but they're more or less nazis.
Frytilgor have followed the demigods for 13 years - ever since he first learned about them. He wants them to join the alliance's side, and if not, he is more than willing to either force them or kill them. Once the demigods joined the guild, they also became his enemies.
- I'm a Humanitarian: he thinks he can gain the Demigods powers by eating certain parts of their bodies.
- A Real Man Is a Killer: or more like A Real HUMAN Is A Killer according to him, since he think that's the only way to cleance a dirtied world.
Thifage GrulgneThifage Grulgne is one of Frytilgors most trusted and one of the alliance's main researchers. She, like Frytilgor is a believer og thifel Jibidnes theories that the demigods' godly powers of can be acquired by eating parts of their body. Grulgne is very faithful to the alliance, and to Frytilgor.
EldEld is a 18 year old boy and has all his life dreamed to rise in the ranks of the alliance. He is loyal to Frytilgor and very confident that the alliance does is the right thing. But Eld's beliefs are put to the test in the 2nd book.
- Every Scar Has a Story: he has one on his face, from a battle with Ramne.
- Long Haired Prettyboy: described as quite good looking with long black hair.
- Official Couple: with Trigg in the 3rd book, although they just sleep next to each other at night and never even kissed. He might be afraid to be Mistaken for Pedophile.
- Ship Tease: with Trigg when he hugs her when she's afraid.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: although, his height is never described.
Grine GrulgneThifage Grulgne's twelve year old daughter. Grine is spoiled and isolated, she has grown up in the alliance and know only their view of the world.
- Hide Your Children: even hidden from most members of the allies when she's there. It's implied that her mother performed experiments on her. When the guild saves her and other members of the Allies, are the others in the dunegon while she has her own room, guarded 24/7. Implied to protect her from Prison Rape.
- Meaningful Name: the name it resembles, Trine has some fitting meanings for an Alliance member.
- Punny Name: while it resembles Trine, does Grine mean weeping in an annoying way, which fits her personality.
HumansThe predominant breed Tiladnen are the humans. They are found in all cities and on most islands, and thei community is the most developed. People live their everyday lives on Tiladnen mostly in peace and harmony.
Despite mankind's more organized society, this race also has its dark side: the alliance, the organization that wants to take control of Tiladnen, composed entirely of men, and they also want to wipe out all other intelligent races on Tiladnen. Fortunately, there are people like trysfelderne, a group fighting fiercely to stop the alliance.
God of Mystery Maél broke this rule when she fell in love with the human Jone and bore the demigods with him. As punishment Céndel ended Maél's life.
Worship of the gods is no longer a practice Tiladnen, they have become symbols, and is no longer an actual religion. Nevertheless the alliance using the godly faith, and committing horrific crimes in Céndel's name.
Famous gods from Tiladnen:
- Céndel, the god-queen
- Ed (appeares in the skjelka-agenten book)
The devils are strong, fast and athletic, and they are very impulsive beings. They like play, fun, fight and adventuring, and have rarely time for chat and serious matters. It is widely known that one should rarely rely on anything a devil promise you - the day after he or she has probably forgotten it. Sometimes devils moves and gather together to fight injustice, and then they're really dangereous.
Fauns not live in houses themselves but are still very skilled builders. Cities they have built include Etele on the island Ysar. Fauns prefer spring and summer islands over the autumn and winter islands, and are most often found in large, open forests.
The different cats on Tiladnen is divided into several categories. There are both common forest cats, snow cats and last but not least chameleon cats. Most cats on Tiladnen is elegant and eloquent animals. But as always, are there certain exceptions - the chameleon cat Leon is a good example.
One of Tiladnens's wolf tribes located in the woods on the hill at Oden, where the guild's castle is. As long as the castle has been there, there has existed an unwritten rule: the rule of peace of old there is that the wolves remain in the forest, and humans stay out of the woods. If a human venture into the woods, they are fair game - as Dimyne get experience in the first demigods-book.
MaraMara are really similar to the legendary mares. If they bear grudge torwards a person, they'll sit on the persons face as they sleep and bite them, causing nightmares. If the person falls too deeply into them, she or he will die. They are small, furry and has glowing eyes.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: can change shapes.
- Shapeshifting Seducer: the one attacking Rasp takes the form of a nude woman to seduce Briskir, whom notes that he isn't atracted at all.
Jone, known as Jostein Pedersen in Oslo.The triplets father whom ran away to Earth with them.
- Born in the Wrong Century: what the triplets believe until they learn the truth.