This is the Character Index for Shinigami Player Characters of Halcyon Days RP
Tropes Common to Most Shinigami:
- Asskicking Equals Authority: The higher in rank you go, the more ass you are expected to be able to kick.
- Flash Step
- Improbable Weapon: A lot of Shikais, and almost all Bankais.
- Katanas Are Just Better: For sealed form.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
1st Division: Arcane Specialists
Tropes Common to the Arcanists:
- Black Magic
- Glass Cannon: Can dish out many types of kidou spells in creative and inventive ways. With two prominent exceptions (who are both rp'd by the same person), most don't bother with building massive amounts of stats that aren't kidou.
Maruyama Ilsa, Vice-Captain of the First
Maruyama Ilsa is one of the largest women in the Gotei, nicknamed "the Valkyrie" for her stature and pale blonde hair. She likes to have multiple options for any given situation, combining zanjutsu and kidou into a lethally effective combat style. Her coworkers and subordinates know her as a sweet, intelligent, open person who always has time to help. Most of her few enemies know her as a stubborn, sometimes judgmental Mama Bear who holds grudges and does what she has to do. Her dream is to make a world where shinigami and advent humans can work together... although with recent events, that dream is looking harder and harder to reach.
Tropes that Apply to Picca Lilli:
- Awful Truth: Ilsa's bankai will show you things about yourself that you really, really did not want to know. She had to earn this power by facing the Awful Truth about herself.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Practically the embodiment of this trope.
- Bladeona Stick: Her zanpakutou's shikai form is a glaive made of crystal. A big weapon for a big person.
- Genius Bruiser: You don't get to the point where you can cast level 89 hadou and bounce your spells around corners by being stupid, but to an outsider, Ilsa looks like she should be in a heavy combat division. Frequently teased about that in the Academy.
- Luminescent Blush: At the drop of a hat.
- Light 'em Up: The theme of Hinometori's powers and several of Ilsa's favorite kidou. "Hadou number eighty-nine, Grand Cross!"
- Magic Knight: Inspired by her Soutaichou and enabled by Clearcasting, Ilsa can often be seen swinging her zanpakutou with one hand and casting a spell with the other.
- Mama Bear: Pick on people your own size when Ilsa's around. A grossly uneven matchup with her subordinates on the losing side, or worse yet, harming a child... congrats, you've found her Berserk Button.
- Shatteringthe Illusion: Ilsa's shikai- theoretically. Subverted in that it has yet to work on a truly powerful enemy, which frustrates both Ilsa and Hinometori.
- Ship Tease: With Sayis, of all people, during a Christmas Party where they shared a romantic dance.
- Super Senses: Ilsa's other shikai power, which she uses every chance she gets. In bankai, she can give it to other people for good or for ill (Sensory Overload). Coming down from it usually causes Sense Loss Sadness.
- Talking Weapon: Hinometori loves to talk, unlike most zanpakutou spirits. Her challenge for manifestation wasn't making him come out; it was making him stay in.
Being averse to fighting, mostly due to cowardliness, Picca Lilli prefers to watch and gather information. Her fear of direct combat came from one mission, where her left leg was ripped off by an arrancar. Now, she mostly gets around by wheelchair. Outside of combat, this tendency appears in her liking to spy on anything and anyone. She is likely watching you when you sleep, taking pictures. Her peeping issues are only enhanced by being in charge of the Protection Courts observatory, a place that keeps and records data on every important thing happening around the Protection Courts.
Picca also hosts charity auctions, where people bid on dates with high profile shinigami.
Tropes that Apply to Picca Lilli:
- Artificial Limbs: Has a mechanical leg, called Gale Bog, which replaced the one she lost to the arrancar.
- Beam Spam: One of her abilities is to make it rain. Lasers.
- Eyepatch of Power: Does not really back it up with combat experience or badasstitude.
- Kill Sat: Yes.
- Naughty Birdwatching: Doesn't even try to hide the fact that she's not bird watching.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: See her character quote? That's what everything she says sounds like, yet most people can understand her just fine.
- The Unintelligible: For those who can't, however, she is this.
- Wave Motion Gun: Another one of her abilities.
2nd Division: The Most Magical Division
The 2nd division was a dedicated spy division, known for having the best tea parties as well as the some of the most magical decor. Their members, however, would not let their flamboyancy prevent them from doing their job. They could listen through other's ears, mimic any language, and even cloak themselves like a shadow.
The 2nd division is closed due to the death of the captain.
Tropes Common to the Spies:
3rd Division: Blitzkrieg Strike Unit
Tropes Common to the Kriegers:
Amaterasu Nana, Captain of the 3rd
Tropes that apply to Amaterasu Nana:
A mingled mixture of muddled measures of Action Mom, Axe Crazy, and a veritable console of Berserk Buttons, Mabara Tsubaki has evolved from being a scratching post underling for Yuzuki Masato to one of the most powerful and feared women in the Gotei Thirteen. Prone to acting on impulse and possessing a preposterous proficiency for property damage, she can be just as much of a liability as an ally in the heat of battle.
Tropes that apply to Mabara Tsubaki:
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Subverted. Tsubaki used to be the Captain of the 11th Division, but is only just a rank-and-file unseated member in the 3rd. Despite this, She is still one of the best swordsmen of the Gotei Thirteen.
- Crossing the Burnt Bridge:...which ended in catastrophic failure and her being branded a traitor to Soul Society.
- Dark Is Not Evil:Though many of her newer powers tap into the element of darkness itself, Tsubaki still fights alongside the soldiers of the Gotei to preserve the balance of worlds.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: An artist with a blade if ever there was one, Tsubaki is the second-most skilled swordsman of the Gotei Thirteen
- Monster Knight: After surviving multiple Hollow intrusions into her body and attempted possessions, the former Captain of the Eleventh is still a stalwart opponent.
- To Be Lawful or Good: Knowing they stood no chance at restricted levels of strength, Tsubaki stood toe-to-toe with the Central Forty-Six...
4th Division: Healing and Support
Tropes Common to the Medics:
5th Division: Battlefield Preparation and Entrapment
Tropes Common to the Founders:
6th Division: Knight's Guard"You! Shall Not! Pass!!"
Tropes Common to the Knights:
7th Division: Enforced Criminal Service
Tropes Common to the Prisoners:
Katsuji Ishin, Captain of the 7th
Tropes that Apply to Katsuji Ishin:
Battle Couple: With Lilith Maikeru
8th Division: Enchanted Blades
Tropes Common to the Enchanted Blades:
9th Division: Research and Development
Tropes Common to the Researchers:
- Gadgeteer Genius: What they are primarily known for. Many of the Gotei's most iconic items and weapons were their design.
10th Division: Mystics of the Divine
Tropes Common to Mystics of the Divine:
- Combat Clairvoyance: Enabled by Senrigan.
- Lie to the Beholder: Enabled by Koutaizumai.
- Mind over Matter: Signature abilities of the Mystics.
- Power Copying: What Hitomane allows, but only during the battle.
Lilith Maikeru Former Captain of the Tenth
Tropes that apply to Lilith Maikeru:
- Action Girl
- Asskicking Equals Authority: She is one of the top five most powerful shinigami in Soul Society in addition to being the Captain.
- Battle Couple: With Katsuji Ishin
- Emotion Control: Enabled by her Shikai, which eventually leads up to...
- Emotion Bomb: This is one of the abilities given by her Bankai as her most potent attack.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: She is part of the top 3 for both hand-to-hand combat and kidou.
- The Empath: Her ability, Heart of Another, casually allows this. When she's focused on one target, however, it becomes outright Telepathy.
- Why Don't Ya Just Shoot Him?: Quite literally shot one of the main villains in the chest with a handgun she picked up.
Adelaide Pierce, Captain of the Tenth
Adelaide Pierce is gayer than gay can gay, but more importantly she's a massively emotionally damaged broken cutie with a fallen angel of lust in her head and a penchant for self-loathing and other-lusting. Adelaide is a redheaded Brit living in a strangely Japanese afterlife, and despite being dead for 180 years, she can't read kanji. She is the Captain of the Tenth Division, but also is a prototypical mage-knight because of her past in the Gotei. She is very melodramatic in combat, but also releases her shikai at the drop of a hat. Her final release comes with a Glass Cannon that literally shoots a solar flare.
Tropes that apply to Adelaide Pierce:
- All Women Are Lustful:The spirit in her sword is basically an angel of lust, and Adelaide has a personality to match it.
- Break the Cutie: The world is trying as hard it can to break her.
- Epiphany Therapy: Averted. Adelaide, much to the chagrin of her leaders, lovers and colleagues, does not just 'get better' from her deep emotional trauma.
- Ensign Newbie: Appointed to Fifth Seat of the Eighth Division without having ever gone on an actual mission in the Eighth Division.
- Ethical Slut: ...That's Adelaide.
- Heroic BSoD: Adelaide, following her massive Survivor's Guilt related to the events in Dunan.
- Hellfire: This is one of Adelaide's Shikai abilities verbatim.
- Glass Cannon: Though she is a shinigami, Adelaide's ability at the give and take style of hakuda leave a lot to be desired. However, with the damage her hellfire enhanced spells can put out, most people die before they can get close enough to capitalize on it.
- Gunpoint Banter: Well, swordpoint. Either way, Adelaide is a fan of this.
- Kill It with Fire: Her zanpakutou is capable of putting hellfire into any kidou she casts.
- My Girl Is a Slut: Adelaide has a particular weakness, and that weakness is Your Cheating Heart.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Adelaide tends to use half of her shikai release phrase, either "Any last words?" or "Lapsus" before burning the everloving shit out of someone or something.
- Power Gives You Wings: Bankai grants Adelaide wings, though hers are functionless and exist just to be cool.
- The Chains of Commanding: A Reluctant Ruler, Adelaide took over the Tenth Division and has obsessed over the lame parts of being the boss.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Added after her Heroic BSoD, Adelaide now does her hait in a lazy ponytail.
- Official Couple: With Brooke, a medic in the 4th Division.
Toride Satoru, Fourth Seat of the Tenth
Toride Satoru is the Fourth Seat of the Tenth Division. He is an inquisitive individual who is always eager to make a new discovery. Notable for being one of the best researchers in his division, Satoru prefers using his mind to solve problems and treats combat the same way he would treat a board game. However, this does not stop him from developing his skills in the area of the martial arts and he is just as capable of cracking open Hollow skulls as he is cracking open a good book.
Tropes that apply to Toride Satoru:
- Afro Asskicker: Has the Afro and is an up-and-coming Hakuda specialist.
- Ensign Newbie: He was promoted from unseated to Fourth Seat rather quickly. At the time, less than half of the reiatsu of most people possessing his rank. According to Lilith's sword spirit, Kerushi, his ingenuity more than makes up for the lack of strength.
- Friendless Background: A combination of both Newcomer (not having been with the Tenth for a year yet) and Incompetence (his lack of true social skills).
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Weaponized by his upgraded headphones, Nami Hara, in order to combat mental effects.
- Knife Nut: His sealed form is a tanto.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: One of his Shikai abilities is called "The Bass Cannon" and fires a giant blast of sound that decimates anything in its path.
- Mathematician's Answer: Often given by his zanpaktou, Diapasao.
- Animorphism Can transform into a peregrine falcon via Animagus.
- Enemy Scan: His Animagus Ability
- Morphic Resonance: Both Satoru and his hawk form have something purple around their necks.
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: Started out this way but an encounter with one of Prometheus' Scions helped him change back.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: What he can do now. Satoru used it to great effect during a spar with Lilith, impressing her so much that she rewarded him.
- Shoryuken: Like many hakuda specialists, Satoru can use a technique known as Goraikou that launches the enemy into the air with a rising uppercut.
- The Smart Guy: Most of his fellow shinigami are more powerful than he is, but he consistently impresses his superiors with his cleverness in dire situations.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Arguably with Adele Ama, Adelaide Pierce, and Alexia Felone da Firenze. What is it with him and girls that start with the letter A?
11th Division: Fearless Duelists
Tropes Common to Fearless Duelists:
- Blood Knight: They are designed to enter into single-combat and walk out alive, no matter the cost.
- Heroic Resolve: Harnessed by a couple of the division techniques.
Originally designed as a shamelessly blatant Copy Cat Sue, Reijuu Kyuketsu eventually developed into his own person, separate (yet somehow still similar) to the millions of other white-haired pretty boys of the world. His ego fuels his every action, driving him constantly forward as he claws his way to the top. To the many individuals based in Soul Society, hes one of the nicest and perhaps most mild-mannered of the many commanding officers to the enemy, not so much. Most notably when thrown into the fray, he becomes the embodiment of Blood Knight.
Tropes that Apply to Reijuu Kyuketsu:
- Bewarethe Nice Ones: Please and thank you are common vocabulary for office Kyuketsu. Im going to tear your innards out with my bare hands and force feed them to your kids is for battle Kyuketsu.
- Cannot Spit It Out: What started out as Puppy Love with his friend Kusanagi Fuko eventually grew into something bigger. Too bad neither of them would admit it.
- Combat Pragmatist: Hed make fun of your mom if it meant giving him a window to strike. And yes, he undoubtedly Would Hit a Girl.
- Sword Beam: It used to be his signature move. And by signature, it means spamming it like theres no tomorrow.
- Talking Isa Free Action: As customary to anyone in the 11th, its almost a requirement to always talk philosophy. Even and especially in battle.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Kyuketsus Ban Kai, Fuhen Souryokusen, has 100 swords he can use to go stab-stab with. On a related note, his Shi Kai provides classic Dual Wielding to kick things off.
12th Division: Tracking and Assassination
Tropes Common to the Assassins:
13th Division: Peacekeepers
Tropes Common to the Peacekeepers: