open/close all folders
Main Quest's Chaos Tellers
- Boss Battle: Finding and defeating the Chaos tellers is a requirement to restoring order to the Story Zones.
- The Corrupter: Chaos Tellers can transform people with Books of Fate into Villains, with attuning the Story Zone the only way to turn them back.
- Reality Warper: Can basically re-write the fates in anyone's Book of Fates, completely destroying the narrative in a Story Zone making them this. Blank Tome wielders having no fates to begin with makes them immune to their machinations, giving them the power to fight them.
Chaos Godmother (カオス・ゴッドマザー)Chaos Teller of Cinderella's Story Zone.
- Love Makes You Evil: Her love for Cinderella is the reason why she became a Chaos Teller.
- Goldfish Poop Gang: The party fights her a lot of times in the game. She never puts a good fight, even on higher difficulties. This is because of her very slow speed and having only two attacks, which are very predictable.
- Starter Villain: She's the very first Chaos Teller faced by Ex and co. And quite an incompetent one in battle.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Her reason for becoming a Chaos Teller is to protect Cinderella, even if it means putting her in a deep slumber while turning the rest of the kingdom into villains.
Little Red Wolf
Little Red Wolf (リトル・レッド・ウルフ)Chaos Teller of Little Red Riding Hood's Story Zone.
Dragon Pirate John Silver
Dragon Pirate John Silver (龍賊ジョン・シルバー)Chaos Teller of Treasure Island's Story Zone.
- Adapted Out: His parrot buddy doesn't appear in the anime.
- Always Someone Better: He resents the fact that he's unable to surpass Captain Flint.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: And how!
- Despair Event Horizon: He knows from his Book of Fate that his dream to find the buried treasure and become the greatest pirate is doomed to fail, which attributes to his reason to become a Chaos Teller in an attempt to fight that fate.
- Pirate Parrot: In this form, Silver has one following him around.
Windmill Giant (風車の巨人)Chaos Teller of Don Quixote's Story Zone.
Merciless Snow Queen
Merciless Snow Queen (無慈悲な雪の女王)Chaos Teller of The Snow Queen's Story Zone.
- Adaptational Wimp: A big offender from the anime. Instead of being the tough and competent boss she was in the game, this Chaos Teller only taunts the party, throws some ice attacks, and gets killed by a single special attack from behind. All of this in a matter of seconds.
- Yandere: Is gaga for Kai and will do anything to ensure he remains hers, even if it means killing his Childhood Friend Gerda.
Emperor & Lamp Spirit
Greedy Sultan - Emperor (強欲なる皇帝・エンペラー)Chaos Teller of Aladdin's Story Zone.
- Dual Boss: With the Lamp Spirit.
- "Get Back Here!" Boss: He'll always run away and let the Lamp Spirit do the fighting. Subverted in the anime: He attacks Kai with his rod from his throne.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: While he's outright evil in Aladdin's Story Zone, this case gets inverted in the event "Appearance of Demon Emperor", as he is not evil anymore, but still retains his bloodshot eyes. Even Lampshaded by Shane, as she still doesn't trust him because of his red eyes.
Greedy Sultan - Lamp Spirit (強欲なる皇帝・ランプの精)Aids the Emperor in battle, and respawns every time he is defeated.
Two-Headed Giant Demon
Two-Headed Giant Demon (双頭の大鬼)
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range: Before turning into this Chaos Teller, Momotaro's grandparents do this right in front of him.
- Multiple Head Case: Those two heads belong to Momotaro's grandparents. One of them specializes on regular attacks, while the other on magic.
- Thief Bag: They carry around a bag full of golden coins.
Infernal Demon Priest (地獄の悪魔司祭)
- Human Shield: In the anime he teleports behind Jeanne d' Arc and dares the party to attack him.
- No Body Left Behind: Unlike other Chaos Tellers, he just vanishes after his defeat. Probably because he was anger and hatred materialized, nothing else.
- The Power of Hate: He was born from England's anger and hatred, according to himself.
- Weaponized Teleportation: In battle he can teleport and attack from behind.
Heartless Queen (ハートレス・クイーン)
Poem Dragon Jabberwock (詩竜ジャバウォック)
- Attack Backfire: His FO form would be more difficult to kill if he just didn't keep bringing his tail to the field. For every time it's destroyed, the skill bar is refilled by TWO points. Since this battle takes place in a multiplayer event, you can already guess how does that end for him.
- The Dragon: To Loki. He even literally calls him his mascot.
- Super Mode: Jabberwock FO, from a Restriction Event. He will make his tail (also the event's FO) burst from the ground and attack from the left side of the screen. Kind of like his Neo form, except the FO will stay there until you destroy it.
Bull Demon King (♀)
Bull Demon King (牛魔王(♀))
- A Load of Bull: Oddly enough, she doesn't have a human appearance like the rest of the Journey to the West cast.
- Dash Attack: One of her moves is charging head-first into her opponents.
- Dual Wielding: Has two axes as weapons.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: The angry bull reveals Reina that she's in fact female (after the later asked why she wanted to hang out with a group of girls like Son Goku's). Reina gets quite surprised, of course.
- Cognizant Limbs: Oz is supported by his two separated hands, which are not neccessary to destroy to kill him.
Chaos Titania (カオス・ティタニア)
François Prelati (フランソワ・プレラティ)
Machina Prince (マキナ＝プリンス)A giant armored centaur whose form is assumed by Loki in Snow White's Story Zone.
- Dual Boss: The Boss Rush Event "Story Zone Bosses' Counterattack" culminates in a fight with this guy and Chaos Galahad.
- Climax Boss: After screwing around with the party for so many times, Loki finally fights the party to the death in this form.
- The Voiceless: An odd example. While Machina Prince himself never speaks (the only thing he can say is "———-") the person who connects with him CAN speak through, as their personality doesn't get overridden by the centaur's.
Chaos Dante (カオス・ダンテ)
See Grimms Notes
Chaos Prince (カオス・プリンス)
Chaos Siren (カオス・セイレーン)
- Super Mode: Chaos Siren G. Shares the same FO gimmick as Chaos Therese G.
Rose Beast (薔薇の獣)
Chaos Rugal (カオス・ルーガル)
Charles-Henri Sanson (シャルル＝アンリ・サンソン)
- BFS: He wields a fairly big sword with one hand.
Chaos Therese (カオス・テレーズ)
Fairy Carabosse (妖精カラボス)
Lira's Essence (リラの精)
Chaos Dorloto (カオス・ドーロット)
Neo Jabbewock (ネオ・ジャバウォック)
- Palette Swap: Downplayed. He has a new artwork and different skills, but only his battle sprite is the same.
Fir Tree (もみの木)
Chaos Frankenstein (カオス・フランケンシュタイン)
See Grimms Notes
Chaos Hecate (カオス・ヘカテー)
Chaos Swallow (カオス・ツバメ)
Chaos Munchausen (カオス・ミュンヒハウゼン)
Ranking Event Bosses
Hollow Guardian (ホロウ・ガーディアン)
The Big Bad of the Event The One that the Hollow Guardian Seeks.
- Miniboss: The party encounters her again in the 50th floor of the event "Shout LOOOVE at the Top of the Sky".
The Big Bad of the Ranking Event Wings of Desire - The False Story of the Immortal Bird.
- The Bus Came Back: After 3 years of being absent from the game, he finally made another appearance, in the Fortrem's Story Zone.
- Plot-Irrelevant Villain: Said return is merely a boss fight with no impact to the plot. Ex himself doesn't even seem to remember him.
- Toothy Bird: So many that it probably borders into More Teeth than the Osmond Family.
Scenario Event Bosses
Frost Demon King Inverno
Frost Demon King Inverno (氷の魔王インヴェルノ)Boss of the event Spring of Love and Hope.
Chaos Witch (カオス・ウィッチ)Boss of the event The Witch Who Leapt Trough Time.
Carrier of Disaster
Carrier of Disaster (災いの運び手)Boss of the event of eponymous name.
Boss of the event Grimms Notes' 1st Anniversary.
Thunder Emperor Voltam
Thunder Emperor Voltam (雷帝ヴォルトーム)Boss of the event Fantasia of Fire and Ice.
- Shock and Awe: He isn't called Thunder Emperor for nothing.
Ruin Dragon (滅竜)Boss of the event Fantasia of Fire and Ice Part 2.
Chaos Cagliostro (カオス・カリオストロ)
Chaos 13th Witch
Shinigami Antonio Salieri (死神アントニオ・サリエリ)
Co-op Event Bosses
Twin Sword Demon
Twin Sword Demon (双刀の鬼神)
First appearance: Swung Down Twin Swords (振り下ろされる双刀)
Lady Hawk (レディ・ホーク)
First appearance: Silver-winged Bird of Prey (銀翼の猛禽)
- Blindfolded Vision: Wears a mask that covers her eyes. One can only wonder why.
- Dual Boss: Teams up with Mirror Devil in the Boss Rush event "Apocalypse of Light and Darkness".
- Feathered Fiend: The title of her event is "Silver-winged Bird of Prey".
- King Mook: She's basically an upgraded version of the mega villains Harpies. She even commands three of them in her own event.
- Razor Wings: Those wings seem to be mechanical.
- Winged Humanoid
Blue Flame Dragon
Blue Flame Dragon (ブルー・フレイム・ドラゴン)
First appearance: Freezing Flame Roar (凍てつく炎の咆哮)
First appearance: Earth-crushing Iron Mace (大地を砕く鉄槌)
Wise Sorcerer (ワイズ・ソーサラー)
First appearance: Arcane Master's Spirit World (霊界の秘術師)
- Miniboss: He's fought again in the 50th floor of the Beanstalk event "Boy Who Does Not Know Eternity".
Crimson Gargoyle (クリムゾンガーゴイル)
First appearance: Awakened Guardian Flame Dragon (目覚めし守護炎龍)
Doom Ripper (ドゥームリッパー)
First appearance: Ripper Fairy (切り裂き妖精)
Rubber Man (ラヴァー)
Death Plant (デス・プラント)
First appearance: Abyss Splasher (黒森の古代樹)
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: This thing uses a shield in battle.
Sea Devil (シー・デビル)
First appearance: Abyss Splasher (深淵のスプラッシャー)
Queen Viola (クイーン・バイオラ)
First appearance: Dangerous Poison Needle (絢爛たる毒針)
Skull Sprinter (スカルスプリンタ)
First appearance: Sorrowful White Bird (不幸せの白い鳥)
- Miniboss: He's encountered again in the 50th floor of the Beanstalk event "Norwoods' Wind, Again".
- Dual Boss: Joins forces with Iced Rhinos in a Restriction event from January 2019.
- Duel Boss: Robin Hood feels like he doesn't want to endanger the party, so he decides to challenge him alone. Too bad it's subverted, as Tao persuades him to do so.
- The Voiceless: "———-" is the only thing you'll ever read from his dialogues.
Mad Reindeer (マッドトナカイ)
First appearance: Holy Night Present (聖なる夜のプレゼント)A giant blue deer that is always seen accompanying the Santa bosses.
- Came Back Strong: Downplayed. He returned in a Restriction Event with enhanced stats, but he's only difficult to kill because you're forced to equip 3* weapons, and nothing else.
- Dual Boss: Always does battle alongside any Santa Claus. You never get to fight him alone.
- Zero-Effort Boss: In the event were he came from, he can be easily killed with mere attacks of a weak 3* hero. Making him probably the easiest boss in the game.
Weapon Crafting Event Bosses
Griffon Cyan (グリフォン・シアン)
First appearance: Bird Beast Griffon (鳥獣グリフォン) / Bird Beast Griffon Cyan (鳥獣グリフォン・シアン)
- Early Installment Weirdness: The two brids appear in separated events, instead of the usual event with two forms of the same boss.
Crystal Devil (水晶魔神)
Crystal Devil (Violet Lightning) (水晶魔神・紫電)
First appearance: Dark Crystal's Armor Shell (鎧殻の魔水晶)
Lava Yeti (イエティ・火山種)
First appearance: (雪嶺イエティ)
Banshee (Wailing Breed) (バンシー・号泣種)
First appearance: Bad Omen Banshee (凶兆バンシー)
Fallen Angel Noir (ノワール)
Fallen Angel Blanche (偽天使ブランシュ)
First appearance: Fallen Angel Noir (堕天使ノワール)
Soldier Gorilla (ソルジャーゴリラ)
Shaman Gorilla (シャーマンゴリラ)
First appearance: Super Evolution Gorilla (超進化ゴリラ)
Desert Robo (デザートロボ)
Botanical Robo (ボタニカルロボ)
First appearance: (秘境ロボット)
Landbound Emperor (地縛エンペラー)
Evil Spirit Emperor (悪霊エンペラー)
First appearance: Dead Spirit Penguin (亡霊ペンギン)
Mad Santa (マッドサンタ)
Decosori Santa (デコソリサンタ)
First appearance: Christmas Eve's Death Road (新春コッコまつり)
- Bad Santa: Doesn't the "Mad" in his name tell you everything?
- Dual Boss: Decosori Santa FO is accompanied by Mad Reindeer.
- Super Mode: Decosori Santa FO, appearing in a Restriction event from December 2018. He drops Christmas Gifts during the battle, which you have to hit in order to get the medals.
- Zero-Effort Boss: Mad Santa appears in the event "Holy Night Present", where he's considerably weak.
Mega Cocco (メガ・コッコ)
Mega Cocco Hyper (メガ・コッコハイパー)
First appearance: New Year Cocco Festival (新春コッコまつり)
- Disc-One Final Boss: King Black the last opponent in the event "Red Riding Hood's Report Part 1".
- Dual Boss:
- The black one with Chaos Queen of Hearts in the Recollection Cave of her event.
- The two giant chickens fight together in the Boss Rush event "Phantasmic Cocco Hunt!", right before facing the FO boss.
- King Black aids his wife in the Recollection Cave of her event.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: The FO variant is colored completely in gold. This extents to the mini Coccos.
- I Have Many Names: The black one is called "King Black Cocco-chan" in cutscenes.
- King Mook: Black is the king of the Cocco species. It's not known if Hyper is also one.
- Mook Maker: They'll call normal Coccos to the fight.
- Super Mode: Mega Cocco Hyper FO from the aforementioned event. He can generate Treasure Boxes where you will get money and various types of medals (the awakening medals being the main reason you're playing this event for). You won't get anything after the battle if you don't open at least one these.
Burn Tiger (バーンタイガー)
Marine Tiger (マリンタイガー)
First appearance: Beast Warrior Tiger (獣戦士タイガー)
Werebat (Ice and Snow Breed) (ウェアバット・氷雪種)
First appearance: Giant Bat of Terror (戦慄の巨大コウモリ)
Ghost Puppet (魂魄傀儡)
Ghost Puppet (Vermillion) (魂魄傀儡・真朱)
First appearance: Possesing Marionette (秘境ロボット)
Koimodoki (Platinum) (コイモドキ・白金)
First appearance: (機械仕掛けの天泳魚)
- Dual Boss: The two fishes were the final opponents of a Medal Collectiont event.
Moth Baron (モスバロン)
Moth Baron (Darkness) (モスバロン・冥闇)
First appearance: Noble Moth Baron (高貴なるモスバロン)
Armed Rhinos (アームド・ライノス)
Iced Rhinos (アイスド・ライノス)
First appearance: Sacred Guardian Beast Rhinos (守護聖獣ライノス)
- Always Accurate Attack: The cannon in his FO form shoots three lasers that cover the three planes, making it unavoidable unless you stay behind the Earth Wall.
- Dual Boss
- In the Boss Rush event "Key of Dark Attack", Armed Rhino partners with Raisei in the last fight.
- Iced Rhinos and Skull Sprinter team up in a Restriction event from January 2019.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: See that cannon in his back? Guess where the laser is shot from.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: The FO variant is covered in gold.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: My lil' rhino, why would create a wall to help your enemies to avoid your ultimate attack?
- Super Mode: Armed Rhinos FO, from the event "Sanctuary of Sacred Beast". He can generate a Earth Wall, which you have to use to avoid the Rhinos' upgraded laser beam. He and Chaos Therese G are the first FO bosses to be introduced in the game.
Lost Epitaph (ロストエピタフ)
Lost Epitaph () (ロストエピタフ・古水種)
First appearance: (失われし碑文を求めて)
- The Voiceless: Never speaks. In a similar fashion to Machina Prince, he only can say "——".
Alraune () (アルラウネ・喰精種)
First appearance: (蠱惑の妖花にご用心)
White Moon Rabbit (白毛之月兎)
Black Moon Rabbit (黒毛之月兎)
First appearance: Moon Battle (月兎合戦)
Komainu Ungyou (狛犬・吽形)
Shishi Agyou (獅子・阿形)
First appearance: A-un's Roar (阿吽の咆哮)
Symbol Collection Event Bosses
Chaos Pinocchio (カオス・ピノキオ)
First appearance: (からくり人形の瞳のその奥)
Chaos Karen (カオス・カーレン)
First appearance: Dance! Halloween Night (踊る！ハロウィンナイト)
Chaos Little Match Girl
Chaos Little Match Girl (カオス・マッチ売りの少女)
First appearance: Match of Days Past (在りし日の灯火)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (赤鼻のルドルフ)
First appearance: Holy Night, Small Miracle Part 1 (聖なる夜の、小さな奇跡 前編)
- Dual Boss: Aids Chaos Santa Claus in the Recollection Cave of their event's second part.
Chaos Santa Claus
Chaos Santa Claus (カオス・サンタクロース)
First appearance: Holy Night, Small Miracle Part 2 (聖なる夜の、小さな奇跡 後編)
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: During cutscenes, his artwork is completely shadowed and only his eyes are visible.
- Gratuitous English: His two unique dialogues are completely written in English.Introducion quote: Hail to you!Defeat quote: HOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLYYYYY!!!
- Dual Boss: He's is aided by Rudolph in the Recollection Cave from his event.
- Palette Swap: He's just a black-colored Mad Santa that managed to get some seconds of screentime in the plot.
Woman in White
Woman in White (白い女) / Mega Cocco White (メガ・コッコ・ホワイト)
First appearance: Little Red Riding Hood's Report Part 2 (ずきんちゃんの届け物 後編)
- Dual Boss: With the black Mega Cocco in the Recollection Cave of her event.
- Gold-Colored Superiority: Curiosly, she shares the same gold-colored mooks as Mega Cocco Hyper FO.
- Mook Maker: Averted. In contrast of the regular Mega Coccos, she never summons chicken mooks to the wave. The fight already starts with three Coccos accompanying her.
- One-Winged Angel: Her true form is of a Mega Cocco.
- Palette Swap: Her appearance is almost the same as Hyper's (aside from the birdie with a crown). Her moveset isn't too different either.
- Eyes Always Shut: At least in her artwork.
- The Unfought: She's never fought in human form.
Reina Viehmann (レイナ・フィーマン)
First appearance: Dorothea's Trial Part 2 (ドロテアの試練 後編)
See Grimms Notes
Mecha Paracelsus (メカパラケルスス)
First appearance: (七人の悪魔科学者編 前編)
Mecha Paracelsus Reform
Mecha Paracelsus (メカパラケルスス改)
First appearance: (七人の悪魔科学者編 後編)
- Palette Swap: Take a guess. The only notable differences is a horn in her head.
Beanstalk Capture Event Bosses
- The Rival: None of them are Chaos Tellers per se, but most of the Sky heroes have some sort of grudge or a score that has to be settled with these guys.
Sky Giant (天空の巨人)
A giant living in a castle at the top of a beanstalk, and boss of the event Reason to Climb a Big Tree.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Living up to his name, he's the tallest of all he beanstalk events' bosses.
- Dual Boss: He and Demon Rothbart are the final opponents in the Boss Rush event "Waltz of the Demon and the Giant.
- Sequential Boss: He pops up in the last fight of the Boss Rush event "Force of Mythology" if you kill all the mooks. Hope got rid of Theseus and D Dragon before that...
Fake Frog Prince
Fake Frog Prince (偽カエルの王子)
Boss of the event Loyalty of Steel.
- Identity Impersonator: He's actually an entity that took the Frog Prince's appearance to test the loyalty and resolve of Heinrich.
Demon Rothbart (悪魔ロットバルト)
Odette Odile's father, and boss of the event White and Black Grand Fouette.
Mirror Devil (鏡の悪魔)
Boss of the event Boy Who Does Not Know Eternity.
Boss of the event Vampire Princess' Holy Love Song.
- Domino Mask: Always wears one.
Witch Gothel (魔女ゴーテル)
Boss of the event Flax Hair Disciple.
- Barrier Warrior: She can create walls to reduce damage from frontal attacks, very akin to the defender heroes.
Witch Jorinde (魔女ヨリンデ)
Boss of the event Shout LOOOVE at the Top of the Sky.
Raisei (雷精) / Todoroki Raisei (轟雷精)
Boss of the event Lightning Knight's Sin and Punishment.
- Dual Boss: Forms an alliance with Armed Rhino in the last fight of the Boss Rush event "Key of Dark Attack".
- Shock and Awe: His body armor is completely animated by lightning. Naturally, his moveset is based on this element.
- Super Mode: As Todoroki Raisei, being this form the final opponent from the Boss Rush Event "High Voltage".
King Lackland (ラックランド王)
Boss of the event Sherwood's Wind, Again.
Captain Flint (フリント船長)
Boss of the event My Captain, Last Greeting.
- The Cameo: In the anime. Dragon Pirate Silver sees an illusion of him, right before his death.
Thieves' Head Kodjia
Thieves' Head Kodjia (盗賊の頭コジア)
Boss of the event Clever Morgiana's Day Off.
Knight of the Silver Moon
Knight of the Silver Moon (銀月の騎士)
Boss of the event A Saint and Two Knights.
The Duke of Athens, and boss of the event Marital Relationship Is Like a Slow Growing Tree.
Tatiana's mother, and boss of the event An Angry Daughter and a Melancholic Mother.
- Dual Boss: In the Search event "Top of the Sky", she fights alongside a random beanstalk villain (Sky Giant, King Lackland, or Witch Gothel), regardless if one of them was defeated in a previous wave.
- One Bad Mother: She does not treat her daughter kindly, and doesn't hesitate to kill her by the time both of them reach at the top of the tree.
- Sword and Gun: Wields a sword and a shotgun in battle.
Shadow Event Bosses
Shadow Morgiana (シャドウ・モルジアナ)
Voiced by: Rika Tachibana
Shadow Hatter (シャドウ・ハッタ)
Voiced by: Junji Majima
Shadow Hagoromo Tennyo
Shadow Hagoromo Tennyo (シャドウ・羽衣天女)
Voiced by: Seria Fukagawa
- Sinister Scythe: Her personal weapon.
Shadow Son Goku
Shadow Son Goku (シャドウ・孫悟空)
Voiced by: Hitomi Yoshida
Collaboration Event Bosses
UFOBoss of the event Gakken Mu X Grimms Notes.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Same deal as Carrier of Disaster.
Chaos Yggdrasil (カオス・ユグドラシル)Boss of the event VP Lenneth X Grimms Notes.
Void Hanzel Hydra
Void Hanzel Hydra (ボイド・ヘンゼル・イドラ)Boss of the event Grimms Echoes X Grimms Notes.
Boogie Villain (ブギーヴィラン)
- Mascot Mook: They are so famous to the point of having their own chat sticker and spawning some merchandises (such as plushie toys).
- The Goomba: They are the most basic enemies you'll fight in the game.
- Was Once a Man: Many of these critters used to be humans. Unfortunately, they can't be changed back or be reasoned with.
Bluebeard's Story Zone
One Thousand and One Nights' Story Zone
King Arthur's Story Zone
Sir Lancelot (ランスロット卿)
Sir Gawain (ガウェイン卿)
Sir Mordred (モードレッド卿)
Queen Guinevere (グィネヴィア王妃)
Everything's Story Zone
Frankenstein's Story Zone
Victor Frankenstein (ヴィクター・フランケンシュタイン博士)
Baron Munchausen (ミュンヒハウゼン男爵)
- The Dragon: To Deus Prometheus.
Viehmann's Story Zone
Deus Prometheus (デウス・プロメテウス)
Fortrem's Story Zone