This is the Character Page for Blackwave's Great Interstellar War series. The page is divided into two main sections: one fr comic characters, and one for RP characters.
Major General Engels ShanCommander of the 101st Shiva Veteran Infantry. Shan leads the 1st Combined Arms Division of the Polaris Joint Task Force during the Polaris Cradle campaign. A defector of the Red Alliance.
- Character Development: During Shan's first appearance he was a skilled but arrogant and insubordinate officer who's Red Army style attacks created friction with the other officers. Over the course of the campaign he was placed on the other side of the command chain himself and developed into The Chessmaster.
- Dangerous Deserter: He signaled his desertion from the Red Alliance by delivering an entire planet to the Wester Federation with his defection. His list of crimes against the proletariat only continues from there.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Not himself, but backstabbing disorder seems to develop wherever he goes.
- Fighting the Lancer: Steave Boston and Engels Shan despise and constantly attempt to undermine each other. However, they do have respect for the other's ability as a soldier.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Due to being a Red all his allies think his name is pronounced with an accent when it's actually not. He never calls them out on it despite no one being able to pronounce his name correctly half the time.
- Manipulative Bastard: Engels Shan is playing everyone.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: Besides being the most capable of the Wester commanders in personal combat, his training with the Red Army makes him more willing to take hard decisions, along with giving him a greater understanding of his adversaries.
- Properly Paranoid: As if fighting in the Great Interstellar War wasnt bad enough for his life expectancy, as a defector he's been specifically marked for termination by the Red Alliance. And thats not even going into his own conspiracy laden relationship with the Wester establishment.
- The Strategist: And extremely good at what he does.
- The Chessmaster: One of his strength's is his ability to analyze other people, both ally and enemy, and predict their actions.
- Turncoat: It's practically his second name among those that dont know him! Alternatively the Reds call him 'The Traitor' or 'That Bastard'
Major General Steave BostonOf Irish-Wester stock, Boston is leader of the 7683rd 'The Rough Riders' Armored division.
Boston is a man who's muscled, macho and totally full of himself. Acts cool (sometimes) and certainly thinks of himself as suave, though in truth he is also a largely comical character. He is a joker who doesn't know how to keep his mouth closed and can only take things seriously when killing Reds (if even).
Only Shan, whom Boston seems to slightly fear (when he's in evil mode), can make him shut up (sometimes). Despite this, he is a skilled young officer and former commander, who still considers himself a rival to Shan (who he both hates and respects) for the position.
He is played by user deathscompaion1.
- Casanova Wannabe
- General Failure: Overlapping with Military Maverick. Boston is a good officer, but he repeatedly fails to understand (or care about) basic Wester military doctrine, in favor of a more traditional style of armored warfare, which is destructive but wasteful.
- General Ripper: Does not like Reds. At all.
- Frontline General: Has a love/hate relationship with his tank.
- Jerkass: Mostly to Starace and those of the female gender.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Minus the lovable part. The second a female officer (Starace) is introduced to the Wester officer corps, Boston transforms from a Jerkass into an annoying pervert.
- Military Maverick: Despite the above, he is genuienly good at his job. Though it does get him in trouble with Internal.
Colonel Julius Manthei(Description)
- Only Sane Man: General Boston is a sexist Jerkass General Casanova Wannabe. Major Jaeger is an idealistic rich boy who takes the propaganda hook, line and sinker. Shan is a seclusive enigma. Starace worships Berlusconi. And Petra just doesn't care.
- Straight Man: Frequently has to remind Boston to do his job, and also serves as the voice of reason to the Wester task force in general to prevent them from getting all killed.
Major Lucrezia StaraceLeader of the 2,121st Marine Battlesuit Battalion, more commonly known as the "Bersaglieri." Starace is an Italiano-Wester, someone who grew up learning the Italian dialect of Wester. While she is usually professional and is cool under fire, she tends to make wisecracks at inopportune times. She already has some animosity with General Boston because of his perverted semi-infatuaton with her. She is played by user wiiguy.
- A Mother To Her Men: Though like the case with Luke Jaeger, is rather young for the role.
- Action Girl
- Deadpan Snarker: Mostly to Boston. He deserves it.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: Mostly in Italian, of course.
- Majorly Awesome
- Space Marine
- The Engineer
- The Lad-ette: Downplayed. Off duty, she act like this and fits in quite well with her male comrades, but she loses the attitude (for the most part) on the battlefield.
- Wrench Wench
- Wrong Side of the Tracks: Starace is a "Pleb," from the slums of Nova Venezia.
Major Luke Jaeger
- A Father to His Men: Though a bit young for this trope.
- Battlecry: "For the Federation!"
- Majorly Awesome
- Officer and a Gentleman: Unlike his comrades, Jaeger came from a rich and upper class family. Also the only character to not react to Lt. Bles' propaganda video.
- Space Marine: Space Marine FORCE RECON at that.
Major General Feng Bao-LinCommander of the 4th Polaris Army Group. Reoccurring opponent of the 1st Combined Arms Division, and vice versa. The 89th Armored Division is his personal tank unit.
Colonel Dimitri SergoffCommanding officer of the 3134th Infantry Regiment.
- A Father to His Men
- Colonel Badass
- Deadpan Snarker
- Straight Man: Mostly to Zenya's antics. Yet Sergoff also ends up showing his own share of sillyness among his troops.
Senior Captain Ruslan KeanEngineering officer.
Captain/Major Nikolaev (Zenya)Spetsnaz officer. He belongs to the Red Alliance's elite Kom-23 commando forces.
- A Father to His Men: A different take on the trope, being apparently a neglectant and PTSD suffering father, who never wanted kids in the first place, to his men. Oddly, he's actually rather decent to everyone when he's not in a position of authority.
- General Failure: Only a special forces captain rather than a general, which is part of the problem when he tries his hand at creating battle plans. He gets lucky sometimes though.
- Handicapped Badass: His prosthetic arm badly slows him down in combat, but he only has himself to blame for losing the original arm in the first place. Still, no one stands a chance against him in combat.
- Indy Ploy: Zenya is not especially good at stealth. He is however good enough to fight his way out of most situations he finds himself in. Becomes a bit awkward when his first reaction in non combat situations is to go nuts.
- Knife Nut: He doesnt like swords, so prefers a knife as his weapon of choice.
- Majorly Awesome: After his promotion.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong
- Sociopathic Soldier
- The Neidermeyer: He's an extremely skilled soldier and a competent tactician, but a HORRIBLE team leader.