Jeremias "Jeremy" Jaqueira
Super High School Level Balloon Artist
One of chapter three's victims, poisoned by Coralie Voclain
Super High School Level Brain Surgeon
Executed for the murder of Yukiko Fujimura in chapter two.
- Affectionate Nickname: Detective for Mal.
- Consummate Liar: Capable of lying to even Mal and Yukiko.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: He had a bomb strapped to his head, and was forced to defuse it by performing surgery on a cartoonish model of Monootter. Every time he made a mistake he would receive an electric shock. He managed to finish the surgery and was fully convinced he could escape, before a wooden stake stabbed him through the heart.
- Dark Secret: Kidnapped the prince of Wrwwwlwd. He kills Yukiko because of his secret.
- Insufferable Genius
- Last Kiss: The last thing Edwin does before being taken to his execution? Kiss Mal.
- Teen Genius
Super High School Level Conspiracy Theorist
- Agent Mulder: Makes sense for a literal SHSL Conspiracy Theorist. Referred to as such by Mal in-universe.
- Butt-Monkey: Poor kid gets beat up a lot
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: Dead mom, asshole dad, Levi, weeaboo uncle, and don't even get the half sister involved...
- Conspiracy Theorist: Literally his talent.
- Honorary Uncle: Edwin asks Levi to take care of his kidnapped kid after he dies. He tells him he's going have Miles call him Uncle Levi.
- I Am Not My Father: Part of why he doesn't want to kill anyone. But after you hear his backstory, does anyone want him to be like his father?
- Missing Mom: His mom was publicly killed by an organization his father paid to do so.
- * Odd Friendship: With Mal, Edwin and Ayako
- The Woobie: He's starting to approach that territory as more of his friends are evil and die.
Super High School Level Flyboarder
- All-Loving Hero: He hasn't even disliked any of the cast members, including the mascot character, murderers and the mastermind. Well, maybe one...
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Dumbass Teenage Son
- The Empath: In a way. The reasons are too high evel of spoilers to go under a spoiler tag.
- Every Scar Has a Story: The lightning scar on his chest was obtained after a very interesting chain of events.
- Fear of Thunder: To the point he screamed and curled up on the ground when the second chapter's event ended up with him listening to a cd full of storm sounds.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Friend to All Living Things:
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Takeo sincerely wants to befriend everyone, and by jove will he try.
- Nice Shoes: They have gold zippers AND a vaguely fire pattern. What more could someone want?
- The Power of Friendship
- Think Nothing of It: His attitude towards most situations.
- Physical Scars, Psychological Scars: His fear of storms is... severe.
- Purple Eyes: They run in the family, since his brother and father both have them too.
- Red-Headed Stepchild: Also is, in fact, a stepchild.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: Somehow, he manages to obliterate any cool his scarf would have by wrapping it around his neck five times.
- Sensory Overload: Happened bad in the first and second trials, to a lesser extent when he saw the first victim.
- Zipperiffic: He has a total of at least nine zippers in various locations.
Super High School Level Game Programmer
Super High School Level Gameshow Host
Super High School Level Good Luck
Reserve Course Student
- Book Dumb
- Cheerful Child
- I Just Want to Be Special: Being surrounded by kids with actual talent inevitably causes this.
- Nice Guy
- Online Alias: "k@mira," a moderately popular image editor.
- Tender Tears: On several occasions.
- Understanding Boyfriend: Despite knowing Ayako's secret, dates him anyway.
Super High School Level Acro Dancer
Super High School Level Actress
Super High School Level Child Psychologist
The murder victim of chapter two, dying after having her head bashed in with a piano lid by Edwin Black.
Super High School Level Fashion Blogger
She commits suicide in Chapter 1, initiating the start of the Mutual Killing.
Super High School Level Fashion Designer
executed for the murder of Jeremy Jaqueira in chapter three
- Blind Without 'Em: Cora actually has horrendous eyesight and cannot see a thing without her contacts.
- Everythings Better with Sparkles: A lot of her designs are incredibly sparkly.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Has never had any real friends prior to arriving at the lodge.
- Rich Bitch
- Spoiled Brat: Before arriving at the lodge, she had everything handed to her on a silver platter.
- The Fashionista: Dressed in all of her own extravagant and expensive designs.
Super High School Level Horror Novelist
killed by O'Malley in chapter three
- Afraid of Doctors: Hates and distrusts psychiatrists with a passion.
- Antiquated Linguistics
- Author Appeal: Her novels are filled with the sort of grotesque scenarios that come into her head on a regular basis.
- Black Eyes of Evil: When using her skill, [Sometimes Fear Is The Appropriate Response]
- Blue and Orange Morality: Her motivations and morality tend to be somewhat incomprehensible to others.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Has a tendency to slip incredibly disturbing imagery into otherwise ordinary sentences.Kyoki: Now, I understand that we are to be rooming together. Such an arrangement, naturally, is one that can easily manifest all sort of unpleasant disagreements and quarrels, and so I pledge that I shall do all that is within my power to be an accommodating roommate, and that if I fail to fulfill my promise then you may knock me to the floor and beat me within an inch of my life, choke me until I can scream no longer, and rip my nails from my fingers, bloody and raw as the mess of cuts and lacerations that I give you full permission to inflict upon my face and body should I neglect my half of the duties of courtsey and mutual respect."
- Creepy Child: Although she's sixteen, the fact that she looks much younger and her habit of saying incredibly disturbing things definitely qualify her.
- Creepy Monotone
- Deadpan Snarker: Despite her dreamy and detached demeanour, often slips into this.Kyoki: "What a polite murderer. Rarely do killers have the grace to point out to the general public that the people they have murdered are, in fact, dead, in case the fact has been passed over in the kerfuffle."
- Dissonant Serenity: Barely fazed by the circumstances surrounding her, and shows little visible reaction to any of the terrible things that happen beyond a grotesque fascination.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Her depression is the reason for her addiction to painkillers
- Emotion Bomb: Her skill, [Sometimes Fear Is The Appropriate Response] allows her to induce a terrible fear in anyone nearby.
- Fascinating Eyebrow: Has a tendency to raise one of these when making sarcastic remarks.
- Friendless Background: Prior to arriving at the lodge, had never in her life had a friend.
- Functional Addict: To a certain degree of 'functional;', anyway.
- Genre Savvy: Tends to categorize the world around her into horror, fantasy, and crime tropes. How well this will work out for her is as of yet unknown.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple
- Humanoid Abomination: Accused of being this by Ayako. Her skill doesn't exactly do much to disprove this.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Has made her first ever friends since arriving at the lodge, and has been ecstatically happy over each one.
- Innocently Insensitive
- Little Miss Snarker
- Nightmare Fetishist: Is uncomfortably eager and happy to describe gory and painful things happening to herself.
- Older Than They Look: She's 16, despite looking two or so years younger.
- Shrinking Violet
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- Supernatural Is Purple: Although she has not done anything provably supernatural, it is a common reaction among the people she meets to believe she's not quite human, and she certainly writes about the paranormal a great deal.
- Squick: A good portion of her dialogue invokes this reaction.
- Technicolor Eyes: Her eyes are a deep purple. This is apparently natural.
- The Stoic: Rarely shows much emotion, seeming detached and faraway.
- Theory of Narrative Causality
- Too Kinky to Torture: Her reaction to Ayako's mortal-terror inducing [Why So Serious?] skill? Getting off on it.
- Tranquil Fury: Lapses between this and utter despair after Yukiko's death.
Super High School Level Maid
Super High School Level Roboticist
- Action Girl
- Armor-Piercing Response: Occasionally, when feeling extra snarky.
- At Least I Admit It: About her violence.Svetlana: "I'm aware my concept of what's really violence and what others find violence is different. This is why I asked if I could force answers out of Nanashi on trial, and well. The soda is simple. She was sleeping and wouldn't wake up when I shook her. So.... Instead of slapping her, I thought dropping a liquid on her would be less drastic."
- Badass Bookworm: Doesn't look like a bookworm so much as act like one, being both surprising and not so surprising when she leaps in action.
- Berserk Button: Don't touch her. Just don't.
- Blunt "Yes": Though it happens more often with 'no' rather than 'yes'.
- Brutal Honesty: All the time, to everybody, no real exceptions.Edwin: "....Do you really think of me so... disgusting. As to hide. From a mere.. stranger."Svetlana: "No, you simply seem like a coward."
- Deadpan Snarker
- Death Glare: Doesn't happen often, but when it does, it definitely feels like a Death glare rather than just a glare.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: With Takeo, since he leads to plenty When She Smiles moments.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Thinks that punching as a response for being touched is appropriate, among other things.
- Drop the Hammer: Her weapon of choice.
- Everyone Can See It: Takeo and Lana. O'Malley, Levi, Ayako, Marina, and surely others have called on them liking each other... except for themselves.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Slapped O'Malley after the second motive was given to try to get them to go back to normal, but it didn't work.
- Gratuitous Russian: Only swears in Russian.
- Had To Be Sharp: Winters in Siberia aren't for the weak.
- I Can Live With That: About her secret in chapter 2.
- Ice Queen: Self explanatory. Said by O'Malley once.
- Insult Backfire: It's hard to manage to insult her on purpose.
- Iron Lady: Though she's not in a power position, in her male dominated field she needs to be this nonetheless (and she fits in with the role naturally).
- I "Uh" You, Too: Both Takeo and Lana suffer from this while trying to talk even indirectly about their romantically feelings.Svetlana: "I-I'm sorry, I'm. Not really good with. Words or. Anything. I mean... We.... could?"
- Jerkass Has a Point: Most of the time, when not simply picking on some people, she really does.Levi: "It is not your business."Svetlana: "No, and I don't really care, but there's a couple of people who do, and they don't seem like they'll stop worrying about your poor self anytime soon, so you could show some consideration to them."
- Kuudere: Even if it's hard to believe she has a warm side at all.
- Literalist Snarking
- Little "No": All of her "no"s towards general dangerous situations are like this.
- Machine Empathy
- Morality Pet: Takeo, to some degree. She's less prone to be a jerk and violent if he's around.
- Mr Fix It
- Nerves of Steel: If not touching her specific berserk buttons, she's like this with most commonly traumatizing situations, coldly analysing her classmates murders, punishments and executions.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Against the jewelry box she was given in Chapter 2. There wasn't anything you could call "remains of a box" by the time she stopped.
- No Sense of Humor: Happens to most humorous situations, but can also be subverted: her sense of humour is just Not normal.
- Not So Stoic: Has her moments, though it's rare. Often, it's when she's angry.
- Offhand Backhand: On reflex upon being touched.
- Opposites Attract: Takeo is very empathetic and dislikes violence a lot, while Lana takes a really long while to care to anyone and jumps to solve problems with violence quicker than most.
- Percussive Maintenance: Does that with malfunctioning machines ever so often, but has tried on people as well. Without good results in the latter case.
- Russian Guy Suffers Most: Inverted. Has no deep spoilers and psychological trauma in her past, if you put her in comparison to many of the cast.
- Selective Obliviousness: About her crush on Takeo. She was deep in denial for a while.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Said by Lana to Marina during the third investigation, while they were talking about Takeo.
- Statuesque Stunner: Stands at 6'0". Though, not the tallest of the kids.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Definitely more ice than sugar.
- The Engineer
- The Only One I Trust: Takeo. Varying degrees of trust exist in other chars, but Takeo's the only one she fully trusts.
- The Stoic
- Tranquil Fury: When she's actually furious, and you know shit will get REALLY bad.
- Twice Shy: Takeo and Lana took up to the end of chapter 3 to acknowledge something, and to chapter 4 to actually get together.
- Unstoppable Rage: Happens occasionally, if you piss her enough, or touch her.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: As of chapter 4, Takeo finally asks her out, making the girlfriend title accurate. She has been violently protective of him back to chapter 2.
- White Hair, Black Heart
- Wrench Wench
- Wrench Whack: With a hammer instead or proper wrench against Edwin in the race in chapter 1, and against a kid in her childhood, as her secret shows.
- You Are Worth Hell: Lana has gone through extreme stress and a little bit more for Takeo's safety.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: No one would.
Super High School Level Speed Demon
Super High School Level Surfer
Super High School Level Barista actually Cyberwarfare Specialist
- Becoming the Mask: How he develops emotions at all— pretending to have them until they kick in.
- Berserk Button: Don't call Kamiya useless. Actually, just don't use that word.
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Incorporates memes and other ridiculous things into everything he does. Insists on anime nicknames and conventions. Is still incredibly effective in his field.
- Child Soldiers: Him and his four best friends back home.
- Cloudcuckoolander: It's really hard to tell if he ever knows what's going on.
- Combat Sadomasochist
- Confusion Fu
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Cry into Chest: With Kamiya. Also Yukiko. He hates most people seeing him cry.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: How fighting him goes for everyone. Even the trained federal agent O'Malley.
- Curious Qualms of Conscience: "Making the world worse is my job. But then I cared. I fucking /cared/. About good people, who might be hurt by acting amorally. Not that it'd matter, not if I was acting outside, but in here I thought maybe I could pretend."
- Dance Battler: Knows capoeira, but also ballet.
- Declaration of Protection: To Kyoki, after Yukiko's death. Less officially, to Kamiya as well.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Emotion Bomb: His skill [Why So Serious?] induces a sudden surge of mortal terror into whomever he activates it on.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He may be a wanted terrorist but he also cares incredibly deeply about a few specific people.
- Fragile Speedster: Is fast. Very fast. Hit him more than a few times and he'll stop being so fast. Not that anyone's been able to hit him enough to find this out.
- Genre Savvy: Considers this to be an anime. Refers to plot conventions like it is. Specifically, he seems to think they're in Death Note.
- Gratuitous Russian: When speaking to Lana especially.
- Had To Be Sharp
- Handy Feet
- I Just Want to Be Normal: The reason for going to school as the SHSL Barista under a fake name.
- It Amused Me
- Let's Get Dangerous!
- Manchurian Agent: He's perfectly aware he has a code phrase implanted that, when said to him in any altered mental state, will get him to kill. He also knows what this phrase is. Now Lana does, too.
- Morality Chain: Lana and Yukiko are these to him. Until the latter's death, anyway. Though thanks to the ouija board, she sure keeps trying.
- Morality Pet: His boyfriend, Kamiya, functions as one of these. After Yukiko's death, Kyoki becomes one as well thanks to Yukiko's will having mentioned she wanted Kyoki to live, winding up with Ayako suddenly caring deeply about her beyond the friendship they'd already established. It helps both of them remind him of his old friends back home.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong
- Nonchalant Dodge: A lot of his fighting style is based around being a "dodgy motherfucker". When fighting seriously, expends as little energy as possible in any given movement.
- Online Alias: bytethebarista and bitchibyteme
- Refuge in Audacity
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After Yukiko's death, he brought Kyoki and Mal along on one of these.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Sarcastic Confession: As Kyoki put it, "By far the worst part of what you just said is that I am utterly incapable of telling whether or not you are being facetious or merely presenting the truth in a manner I am unlikely to believe."
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Happens whenever he activates [Why So Serious?].
- Scary Teeth: Though he keeps them covered with specially made caps at all times so most people don't know this.
- Sinister Surveillance
- Sociopathic Hero: Though 'hero' is up for debate.
- Spanner in the Works
- Stepford Smiler: Type II.
- Super Soldier
- The Cracker
- The Hedonist
- The Insomniac: Becoming this after he fell asleep about an hour before Yukiko's death, despite trying to constantly use the cameras to watch over her. While he was already often going for a few days without sleep, he now refuses to sleep at all unless Kamiya and Kyoki are there with him, so he'll be sure to keep them safe.
- The Power of Friendship: Something he genuinely believes in and tries to reinforce whenever possible.
- Token Evil Teammate: Yeah, he's actually Chaotic Evil and proud.
- Too Funny to Be Evil
- Too Kinky to Torture
- Training from Hell: Among other things, he's been brainwashed and nearly fed to a pack of wolves.
- Tyke Bomb: He was learning to fight from about the time he learned to walk and has been utterly brainwashed into loyalty to his crown princess and country to the point where he literally cannot conceive of the notion of going against them. It only got worse from there.
- Warrior Prince
- Weirdness Coupon
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Even when he's one gender, he may present as another just because he likes the clothes.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry
Harper O'Malley Piper Hargrave
Super High School Level Criminal Profiler / The Streetlight Killer
executed for the murder of Kyoki Fujimori in chapter three, they were also the mastermind before being fired.
- Alone with the Psycho: Many times, if Mal is to be believed. Especially notable is their encounter with the Kitchen Knife Killer. And with Edwin, as he was originally planning to kill them.
- Apologizes a Lot: And will apologize when it's pointed out.Edwin: You...dont need to apologize for apologizing.Mal: But you dont like it when I apologize, so the logical next step is to be sorry for being sorry...
- The Atoner: One of their reasons for being so devoted to justice is trying to atone for their supposed sociopathic tendencies.
- Badass Bookworm: A talented behavioral analyst and avid novel reader as well as capable of killing adult psychopaths with small knives.
- Beneath the Mask: Mal is not nearly as stoic or composed as they pretend to be.
- But Not Too Foreign: Despite their clearly non-Japanese name, Mal is actually half Japanese.
- Close-Range Combatant: Despite being trained to use guns, their weapon of choice remains a tiny switchblade.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Gets into a fight with Marina, partially motivated by fear of her stealing Edwin.
- Dark and Troubled Past: While their past is entirely shrouded in mystery, it's clear from the way they act that it wasn't exactly pleasant. At the very least they were constantly kidnapped and threatened by criminals. They discovered their mothers body, fought their serial killer father in close combat, were raised by their adoptive father to be an emotionless justice-delivering machine and after his death resorted to desperate attempts at reviving the dead and later vigilantism.
- Deadpan Snarker: Occasionally.Sir, are you attempting to intimidate me with a banana?
- Declaration of Protection: To Edwin, not that it does any good.
- Defective Detective: So devoted to their job that they cease to care about their own safety in the slightest.
- Despair Event Horizon: Crosses it after Edwin dies, to the point of having no objections to Ayako slitting their throat and bashing their head into a wall until they passed out.
- Enhanced Interrogation Techniques: They have no problem waving around knives, and only stop once its clear this method is actually woefully ineffective.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: They let their bangs cover the left side of their face entirely after Edwin dies, to hide their now exposed eye socket.
- Eyepatch of Power: Worn over their left eye.
- Fallen Hero: Went from being a successful FBI agent to a serial killer.
- Fanboy: To Kyoki."The pleasure is all mine, Fujimori-san. Um, I was wondering " they reach into the magical FBI hammerspace that is their pocket and pull out a book. "Could I have your autograph?"
- FBI Agent: Or rather, former FBI agent.
- First-Name Basis: With Edwin and later Levi.
- Friendless Background: Their job doesnt allow for much social interaction, after all. Edwin was the first person in their entire life to call them a friend (or at least, so they claim). As they told Lana, this is because of the fact that they were always paranoid and convinced that people were lying to them about liking them, and thus pushed them away.
- Gray Eyes: Or rather, eye.
- Good Is Not Nice: Mal can be a downright jerk sometimes, and is generally cold and abrasive.
- Guile Hero: Just as skilled in psychological warfare as they are in actual combat.
- Guilt Complex: To the point of blaming themself for Edwin and Yukikos deaths due to not being able to reform him.
- Hammerspace: Their coat pockets arent even that big, yet they can store insane amounts of Rubiks Cubes, case files, several knives and even a textbook.
- Had To Be Sharp
- He Who Fights Monsters: Repeatedly invoked. Turns out to be entirely true. They are a literal serial killer, after all.Ayako: I imagine you not as a martyr but as the /night/. An executioner those who hunt monsters
- Her Boyfriend's Jacket: Wore Edwins cape for a fairly long time. And continues to do so after his death.
- Heroic BSoD: They tend to be prone to this. Edwins death really pushed them over the edge, too.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Taken way to the extreme - Mal practically has an inferiority complex.
- Holding Hands: With Edwin, a ton.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Their threads are all named after Criminal Minds episodes.
- Improbable Age: Sure, theyre in a class of prodigies, but FBI at thirteen seems a bit extreme. Supposedly many people suspect that they didnt react their rank entirely fairly. And they were RIGHT - their superior officer and adoptive father was likely at least partially responsible.
- The Insomniac: Literally didnt sleep for their first week at the lodge. This is mostly due to them having horrible nightmares. After Edwins death they can barely close their eyes without seeing his face.
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- Knife Nut: Despite previously having one, Mal doesnt actually own a gun anymore. They substitute this for a switchblade. Even in the mutual killing game they carry tons of knives.
- Knight In Sour Armor
- Last Kiss: The last thing Edwin does before being taken to his execution? Kiss Mal.
- Last-Name Basis: Not only do they not call many people by first name, they themself refuse to be called by their given name under any circumstances except by Edwin.
- Living Lie Detector: One of their skills. Though it never worked on Edwin.
- The Lost Lenore: Edwin has started to become this for them.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Attacked a trained supersoldier to avenge Edwin.
- Love Redeems: Attempted to redeem Edwin this way. Failed miserably
- Madness Mantra: Imsorryimsorryimsorryimsorryimsorry
- Major Injury Underreaction: Gets beat up by a supersoldier and essentially tells Edwin not to worry about it. This is mostly because they've certainly had worse injuries in their life. After Edwins death they are so out of it they literally dont react to getting their throat slashed.
- Married to the Job: Theyve literally never had a friend, cant think of anything they enjoy outside their job, and even neglect to sleep.
- Must Have Caffeine: Even goes into visible withdrawal when the first motive hits.
- Nerves of Steel: After the things that Mal has seen they are a very hard person to unnerve.
- Nightmare Fetishist: REALLY likes Kyokis horror novels. The criminal mind also seems to fascinate them, to the point where they claim half the reason they became a profiler was morbid curiosity. Also, literally made out with a corpse, though it was more out of grief than anything.
- No Social Skills: They only ever interacted with other FBI agents, after all. For all their psychoanalysis Mal cant talk to a person to save their life.
- Nonchalant Dodge: Their reflexes border on superhuman, after all, giving them the ability to pull this off - both in fights, where dodging seems to be their primary strategy, and when dodging a thrown Rubiks Cube from Edwin.
- Oblivious to Love: It took Ayako pointing it out for them to realize that Edwin had been flirting with them at all.
- Odd Friendship: With Levi.
- Official Couple: With Edwin.
- Omniglot: Speaks English, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Latin, French and Spanish. Later also learns a decent amount of Wrwwwlwdian.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Their methods of dealing with criminals are said to be particularly brutal, and they had an unusually high body count for an FBI agent. As the Streetlight Killer they would literally dismember other murderers.
- Peek-a-Bangs: After Edwin dies they throw their eyepatch into the void, though thankfully their hair covers their empty eye socket.
- Photographic Memory: Good enough to perfectly recite a long sentence in a new and confusing language while flustered, apparently.
- Please Wake Up: Begged Edwin to do so as they embraced his corpse.
- The Profiler: Their SHSL Talent
- The Promise: Swore to Edwin that they would save him. In the end they failed quite miserably.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivers one to CoraMal: You're annoyed. I am getting on your nerves, aren't I? Asking the wrong questions or perhaps the right ones. Did I strike a nerve there? Have your friends NOT told you all these things? Do you even have friends, Ms. Voclain? Or are you so horrifically intolerable that the only people who enjoy your company are your parents and whoever you pay to tolerate you?
- Sanity Slippage: Seems to be experiencing it right now.
- Serial Killer: They are also known as the Streetlight Killer, a vigilante serial killer who hunts down and dismembers criminals with switchblades, leaving proof of their crimes and their carefully removed right hands underneath streetlights.
- Shout-Out: Their thread names are Criminal Minds episode titles
- Their first skill, [Criminal Intent], is a shout-out to Law and Order: Criminal Intent.
- Their pet snake is named Hotchner, after Criminal Minds Aaron Hotchner.
- They refer to Levi as the Mulder to their Scully.
- The Stoic: They initially seem like one, reacting to things coldly and analytically as one would expect from a detective.
- NotSoStoic: However, certain social situations can quickly make them lose their composure entirely.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Acts cold and distant around most, but completely opened up to Edwin.
- Super-Speed Reading: Mal reads ludicrously fast, including reading and memorising a Wrwwwlwdian-to-Japanese dictionary in less than a day.
- Survivor Guilt: Has a severe case, which only gets worse after Kukis suicide. And even worse than that after Edwin and Yukikos deaths, which they are convinced they could have prevented.
- Take Me Instead: After the first trial begs Monootter to punish them instead of Marina and Nanashi.
- Tragic Keepsake: Edwins coat cape and notebook.
- Try to Fit THAT on a Business Card!: Supervisory Special Agent Harper OMalley, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Behavioral Analysis Unit-3, Super High-School Level Criminal Profiler.
- Vigilante Man: As the Streetlight Killer
- Walking Spoiler: Most everything about them and their past is mysterious.
Super High School Level Game Designer
Super High School Level Utaite
- The Un Reveal: Nanashi has yet to reveal to the cast why she keeps her real identity a secret or wears a mask.The Reveal: During the Chapter 1 trial, Nanashi removed her mask before getting punished. It's revealed that there's nothing underneath there for her to be hiding. So, why does she wear it?
- Becoming the Mask: Everything about Nanashis personality revolves around her want to remain mysterious and anonymous.
- Idiot Hair: Nanashi has an ahoge, which moves around with her emotions accordingly.
- Yellow Eyes of Sneakiness: Their yellow eyes definitely add to the fact that she's super mysterious.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: It's difficult to decipher what Nanashi has to say, most times, often speaking in inverted sentences or repeating phrases with synonyms of words.
- Cute Mute: After Chapter 1's punishment, Nanashi loses their ability to speak.
- Hair Decorations
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
- Tired of Running: During the Chapter 1 investigation, Nanashi ran away from anyone who tried to interrogate her so they wouldn't figure out what she did.
- Voice Types: While Nanashi has a wide vocal range, her ability to sing high notes is perhaps her strong point.
- Petite Pride: Nanashi's the smallest of the bunch, at 5'1".
- The Berserker: Its hard to find a time when Nanashi isnt itching to fight everyone in the cast.
- Useless Protagonist: According to Ayako, at least.
- Break the Cutie: Nanashi broke down crying after the first trial and in front of Mal and Takeo on one occasion.