The civilians and allies that LeBrock and Ratzi come across throughout Grandville.
Some spoilers are unmarked.
Also known as "The Divine Sarah," she's one of France's most popular music-hall stars who works at the Shepherdess Follies.
- Boom, Headshot!: She's shot in the head at point-blank range.
- Damsel in Distress: She first introduced in the process of being interrogated by some assassins, until LeBrock saves her. It happens again later on, where her captives tie her to a chair and try to bait LeBrock into a trap.
- Death by Sex: Sarah and LeBrock have sex after she calls him over to her apartment to protect her. She's killed the very next night.
- Disposable Woman: Dies two-thirds of the way into the first volume, which kicks off a series-long subplot of LeBrock trying to get past her death.
- Kill the Cutie: Sarah is one of the most innocent and kindest characters in the whole comic, and she doesn't even make it past the first volume.
- Sacrificial Lion: Her death establishes that none of the characters outside of Ratzi and LeBrock are safe, and LeBrock spends the rest of the series blaming himself for failing to save her.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: The assassins who murder Sarah make sure to kill her in front of LeBrock just to piss him off.
- Walking Spoiler: It's difficult to talk about Sarah without mentioning that she dies, considering it's brought up repeatedly in the other volumes.
A dancer who works at the Shepherdess Follies.
- Killed Offscreen: She's murdered offscreen by members of the Death Squad after LeBrock and Ratzi questioned her.
- Never Suicide: She overdoses on laudanum, but both Sarah and LeBrock know that her death was fabricated to make it look like she overdosed.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Only shows up in one scene and gives little information about her background before she dies.
The owner of a brothel in Grandville.
- Evil All Along: She knew all along who Mastock was and gave up five of her prostitutes' locations so he could go murder them. She doesn't even try to deny this, stating that she earned a huge sum of cash in the process.
- Fat Bitch: She's a hefty hippopotamus, so this is a given. She's also rude and shamelessly admitted to helping Mastock kill five of her own employees.
- Gory Discretion Shot: She's bludgeoned in the face with a glass perfume bottle LeBrock threw at her. We only see a splatter of blood and her hand going limp; the full body is never shown.
- One-Hit Kill: LeBrock only hits her once in the face with a rectangular glass bottle of perfume. To be fair, he did hit her in the skull.
A professor who worked on Krapaud's automatons.
- Too Dumb to Live: After Angus finds out what Krapaud is up to, he goes straight to the man and tells him he's going to call the police and expose him. Krapaud has him killed immediately.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Angus thought that Krapaud was merely a sleazy government official, and not some sadistic murderer. So he walked right up to Krapaud and told him he uncovered his evil schemes, expecting him to panic. Krapaud just has the man killed.
A famous painter and designer.
- Asshole Victim: Apparently he was a narcissist who looked down upon other designers, and he would go around taking commissions from anyone, not caring about the quality of the work he put out.
- Plot-Triggering Death: His death and Rocher's investigation is what got LeBrock and Ratzi involved in the plot for Volume 3.
- Sound-Only Death: Rocher hears Corbeau screaming and crying for help over the phone as he's stabbed to death.
A designer who also teaches art classes.
Hannah Doyle's sister, and Bunty's worry-stricken mother.
Bettie's abusive husband, and Bunty's stepfather.
- Abusive Parents: He had a habit of physically abusing Bunty and giving her bruises, according to her classmates.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Arthur shits himself when LeBrock sticks a gun in his mouth and threatens to kill him if he abuse his wife or stepdaughter again, prompting LeBrock to tell him to change into clean trousers. Funnily enough, he's wearing brown pants when this happens.
- Hate Sink: He's a Jerkass who abuses his wife and stepchild, so this is a given.