The Mendoza Family
Santiago Mendoza (portrayed by Demián Bichir)
The patriarch of the Mendoza family and owner of the hotel.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: After the business fued with the Finn Hotel's owner becomes personal, Santiago takes Mateo up on his offer to do something to sabotage the Finn hotel's business. Mateo ends up arranging for a balcony to collapse, which leaves Javi hospitalized.
- The Charmer: His charisma is said to be his greatest quality and he personally entertains his hotel guests often.
- Dark Secret: Sky Garibaldi knew something about him that would ruin him if it ever came to public. Subverted as it was Gigi and Helen's Dark Secret about Jason being his biological son, but Santiago was unaware.
- I Did What I Had to Do: How he defends his decision in borrowing from a criminal cartel to keep the hotel afloat.
- Impoverished Patrician: Not entirely yet, but the hotel actually hasn't been making money for him in a while and he's deep in debt with a criminal cartel over it.
- It's All My Fault: He blames himself responsible for Javi losing his leg, which is why he's reluctant to cut his son off. Ep. 8 reveals Javi lashed out at Santiago after his relationship with Gigi was revealed after Beatrice died and had been drinking, they'd got into an ugly fight and Santiago yelled at Javi to get out throwing the car keys at Javi, before he'd realized what he'd done. Sure enough Javi later wound up in an accident and his leg had to be amputated.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Until the season 1 finale, he was kept in the dark by Gigi about the real reason behind Beatrice's suicide and being Jason's biological father.
- Papa Wolf: Is very protective of his children and gets angry at Mateo when he suggests Alicia get involved in their dirty business or when a baseball team badmouths his son.
- The Patriarch: The head of the Mendoza family and the Family Business: The Riviera Grand Hotel.
- Self-Made Man: Informs the staff before owning the hotel, he started out as a chef in a kitchen before he worked his way up to management. When he's forced to step in when half the staff 'calls in sick', he displays he's still a stellar chef.
Alicia Mendoza (portrayed by Denyse Tontz)
Santiago's daughter who recently graduated with an MBA and steps in to help her father manage the ailing hotel.
- Brainy Brunette: Comes back home fresh out of graduating from Cornell with a business degree.
- Daddy's Girl: She's the apple of his father's eyes and the two are very close.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Frequently gets distracted by Danny, to the point of walking into columns while staring at him.
- Dude Magnet: Attracts attention from Danny, Mateo and Oliver.
- The Dutiful Daughter: She is eager to help her father in managing the hotel.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible sibling to her brother Javi's foolish sibling.
- Go-Getter Girl: She's very studious and hard working, eager to help her family in managing the hotel.
- Non-Idle Rich: Goes to college so she may inherit the Family Business one day.
- Plucky Girl: She is very cheery and optimistic.
- Ship Tease: With new waiter Danny.
Javi Mendoza (portrayed by Bryan Craig)
Santiago's disabled playboy son.
- An Arm and a Leg: Javi has lost one of his legs on a car crash after driving drunk.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: One of the maids who saw him naked says he was born with a "third leg".
- Career-Ending Injury: Was on the way to be a promising baseball player, but the car crash that took his leg put a end on that.
- The Casanova: His missing leg doesn't stop him from being good at picking up girls.
- Drowning My Sorrows: After he learns Ingrid's baby isn't his, he deals by returning to his lazy, womanizing ways and drinking any chance he gets. When he was in high school, its revealed he'd been getting drunk after his mom died.
- Drugs Are Bad: He's also revealed to be popping pills to help deal with Ingrid's revelation.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish sibling to his sister's responsible sibling.
- Functional Addict: Ep 8 reveals he's been popping pills for some time, and that he was previously addicted after he lost his leg.
- Lady Killer In Love: He falls in love with Ingrid and it takes it hard when she reveals she had been manipulating him the entire time.
- Millionaire Playboy: Spends his days sleeping around and enjoying the luxury of his family's hotel before his Character Development.
- Missing Mom: His and Alicia's mom Beatrice died before the series's beginning. Alicia mentions in a conversation with Danny that the loss affected him more, saying he was "angry at the world."
- Multiple-Choice Past: When pressed for details over his missing leg, he gives out multiple conflicting stories.
- Really Gets Around: Sleeps around with most of the guests at the hotel, as well as some of the staff.
- Rich Idiot With No Day Job: He lives for free in his father's luxurious hotel, but doesn't have any job or money of his own. His father finally cuts him off in "The Big Sickout", after Javi reveals he's (allegedly) going to be a father and he eventually shapes up by taking a job with the hotel's facilities.
- Sex God: He's shown to be very good in bed. When he comes back from rehab and is unable to have sex, he tells Alicia they are depriving the female guests from one of the hotel's best amenities
- The Slacker: How he's introduced, happy to spend his days picking up female guests and staff with no job.
Gigi Mendoza (portrayed by Roselyn Sánchez)
Santiago's second wife who was also Beatriz's best friend.
- Best Friend: Used to be Beatriz's best friend, Santiago's first wife.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Plays up a "kind stepmother" front to Alicia, but doesn't actually mean it and even badmouths her behind her back.
- Consummate Liar: When she and Santiago reveal to Alicia and Javi the truth about their mom's death, that she was Driven to Suicide, with Santiago saying he's tried to understand for years why she took her own life and Gigi that she found Bea's body, they tearfully ask if she left anything like a note, and she said no. Flashbacks show that Gigi found Beatrice afterwards and her suicide note, which revealed Santiago and Helen's affair, and the latter's Dark Secret as the reason Bea went over the edge, which Gigi purposely hid from Santiago.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She's jealous of Santiago treating her as a Trophy Wife and never listening to her like he did to Beatriz and still does to Alicia.
- Home Nudist: Seems perfectly comfortable to be outside on the balcony at the top floor in her birthday suit.
- Honey Trap: Pretends to be getting back with Felix in order to find the money he stole and give it back to Santiago.
- She implores Santiago to cut Javi off to save money reasoning he's spoiled and doesn't have a job, all the while she spoils her daughters rotten. Javi throws this in her face.
- She hates when Santiago keeps secrets from her, but she's keeping plenty of secrets from him herself. He calls her out on this once he finds out all that she's been hiding.
- Manipulative Bitch: Has a gift for manipulation, which gets Santiago to make her the head of PR at the hotel.
- Ms. Fanservice: A beautiful, regal woman that often wears outfits that show a lot of skin. In the first episode, she's seen standing outside on her balcony naked, showing off her Toplessness from the Back.
- Not with Them for the Money: A lot of people (including their own kids) see Gigi as Santiago's Trophy Wife and a Gold Digger, but it's shown several times they do genuinely love each other.
- Parental Substitute: Helped Santiago raise Javi and Alicia when they were small since Beatriz was often suffering from Bipolar Disorder.
- Second Love: She's Santiago's second wife and love after the death of Beatriz. He in turn is also this for her, after her marriage to Felix fell appart when he abandoned them.
- Secret Keeper:
- She impulsively slips out that she was this for Beatrice during an argument with Alicia when her stepdaughter wonders what her mom ever saw in Gigi. As she helped raise Alicia and Javi while their mother was suffering from her Bipolar Disorder.
- She also kept Helen's Dark Secret about Santiago being Jason's true father and it being the cause of Beatriz's suicide, as she didn't want Santiago to suffer even more after he lost his wife.
- She was once the only one who knew Malcolm was the one who killed Skye, preferring to have Santiago believe she killed Skye than exposing the Parker family's Dark Secret.
- Self-Made Woman: Though she currently lives a wealthy lifestyle, Gigi reveals she took on a job as a cocktail waitress to make ends meet for her daughters after her first husband Felix left them with nothing. She even takes offence when people consider her a Gold Digger by moving on Santiago.
- We Used to Be Friends: Aunt Gigi was really close to Javi and Alicia when they were small, but their relationship soured when she became romantically involved with Santiago.
- Wicked Stepmother: Has an antagonistic relationship with Alicia and Javi. The two hold her in contempt for "swooping in like a vulture" and marrying their dad right after their mom, her Best Friend passed away. Ironically she was the one who helped raise them when they were little, since Beatriz from her Bipolar Disorder.
Carolina Renna (portrayed by Feliz Ramirez)
Gigi's self-obsessed daughter from her first marriage and the fraternal twin sister of Yoli.
- Abhorrent Admirer: While hardly unattractive, Carolina is very obnoxious and forward in her pursuit of Danny and he wants nothing to do with her. She constantly interrupts his attempts to turn her down into thinking he's crazy about her too.
- Always Identical Twins: Subverted, she and Yoli are fraternal twins. A fact that causes conflict between them, since Carolina is more popular than Yoli due to her being considered prettier.
- Attention Whore: She enjoys being the center of attention and panics when her sister starts getting more attention from a guy she likes than her.
- Brainless Beauty: She's not very smart, but always got to be more popular than Yoli due to her good looks.
- Daddy's Girl: She's very supportive of her father when he comes back into their lives, and is always willing to help him.
- The Ditz
- The Fashionista: She is always obsessed with clothing and fashion.
- Disappeared Dad: Her and Yoli's father Felix was incarcerated for embezzlement.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Becomes envious when Yoli gets El Rey's attention instead of her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: As needy, spoiled and self-absorbed Carolina is, she is ecstatic when Yoli comes out as queer with her relationship with Marissa and is genuinely happy and accepting, surprising her sister that her twin cares about her so much, even calling Gigi out on her slightly critical response.
- Proud Beauty: She's very attractive and she knows it, and doesn't even react when Byron compliments her, as if remarking she's hot is stating the obvious.
- Rich Bitch: She can be very vain and mean.
- Spanner in the Works: For Ingrid, as she is the only character who noticed how close she was to Mateo which tipped off Gigi into thinking Mateo was the real father of Ingrid's baby.
Yolanda "Yoli" Renna (portrayed by Justina Adorno)
Gigi's socially awkward daughter from her first marriage and Carolina's fraternal twin.
- Always Identical Twins: Subverted, she and Carolina are fraternal twins. A fact that causes conflict between them, since Yoli is not considered as pretty as Carolina.
- Brutal Honesty: She doesn't mince words and in the habit of speaking her mind.
- Coming-Out Story: Was deadly afraid of revealing she was dating a woman to her family, but she does it in a public party after some encouragement from Marisa, Danny and Jason and is surprised when they take it well.
- Daddy's Girl: Is said to have been way closer to Felix than Carolina and Gigi when they were small.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of her lines are sarcastic quips, mostly at her family's expense.
- Disappeared Dad: Her and Carolina's father Felix abandoned them and was later incarcerated for embezzlement. His leaving them affected Yoli the most as she was closer to him than Gigi, her mother remarking that she was similar to Felix. When reunited with him, Yoli reminds him he was her person.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She's envious of her sister always getting more attention from her due to being prettier than her, despite then being fraternal twins.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Proves to be more down-to-earth, sensible and friendly than her ditzy, self-absorbed sister.
- Spicy Latina: Has both the saucy attitude and hot head temper.
- The Unfavorite: Gigi unconsciously treats her unfairly due to her resemblance to Felix. They eventually work it out.
Danny Garibaldi (portrayed by Lincoln Younes)
A recently hired waiter at the hotel. He is actually investigating the disappearance of his sister Sky, who worked there.
- The Ace: He seems to excels at everything he puts his mind into.
- Amateur Sleuth: Since the Police Are Useless concerning Sky's disappearance, he takes upon himself to investigate what happened to her by infiltrating the hotel as a waiter.
- Battle Butler: Or waiter in his case. Displays some impressive hand-to-hand combat and boxing skills.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Sky, though inverted as Sky is older than him. He infiltrates the hotel she worked for when she disappeared to find out what happened to her on his own when no one bothers to investigate it.
- The Charmer: He's very friendly and charming, has a way with words and uses it to get on the good side of the hotel staff to help in his sleuthing.
- Chick Magnet: Immediately gets the attention from both Alicia and Carolina.
- Foster Kid: His and Sky's parents died when Danny was little, and the both of them ended up passed around a lot in foster care.
- Manipulative Bastard: Doesn't hesitate to manipulate staff or even Alicia to get ahead in his investigation.
- Mr. Fanservice: Gets some Shirtless Scenes to show off his toned physique.
- Ship Tease: With Alicia. They Do halfway thorugh season 1.
Helen Parker (portrayed by Wendy Raquel Robinson)
The head of staff at the hotel.
- Black Boss Lady: She's the no-nonsense, staff manager of the hotel.
- Dark Secret: She had a one-time affair with Santiago, which they regretted ever since, and unbeknownst to he and Malcolm, Jason is actually Santiago's son.
- Double Agent: During her brief time working at the Finn hotel, she was actually still working for Santiago from the inside, leaking info and trying to sabotage Finn.
- Happily Married: To her husband, Malcolm who works at the hotel facilities with her.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Santiago. Actually subverted later when we find out they had a one night stand years ago.
- A Mother to Her Men: She's a tough but fair boss, and is said to look out for her staff and is very distressed when Santiago has to fire some to cut costs. She even takes Ingrid under her wing, whom she initially disliked, after everyone turns on her.
- Meddling Parents: She can be a big Helicopter Parent towards Jason, especially regarding his love life, usually interrogates whoever he's interested in.
- No-Sell: While Danny seems to quickly befriend or charm many people at the hotel, she is completely not affected when he tries it on her. In fact, it makes her suspicious of him.
- In-Series Nickname: Called "Mrs. P", by many of the staff and the Mendoza family.
- Iron Lady: Gives off a strong, tough-as-nails demeanor.
- Parental Substitute: Is said to have helped raised the Mendoza children and is close to Alicia and Javi.
- Secret Keeper:
- For Santiago when he loops her in on the episode "The Big Sickout", about his debt to a criminal cartel after his latest plan to put money together ends with Malcolm being overworked and hospitalized.
- She is one for Gigi helping her keep Alicia in the dark about their mother Beatrice's death for unrevealed reasons. Ep. 12 reveals that Gigi discovered that Helen's Dark Secret is what drove Beatrice to suicide when she found (and later hid) Beatrice's suicide note.
- Undying Loyalty: She and her family have worked with Santiago at the hotel for half her life and is very loyal to him.
Jason Parker (portrayed by Chris Warren)
Mrs. P's son who also works at the hotel as a waiter.
- Basement-Dweller: It turns out Jason still lives with his parents as he saves up for a place. His dad jokes about how he even has posters of Christina Aguilera in his room.
- Broken Pedestal: He's disgusted by Ingrid tricking Javi into thinking he was the father and it takes him some time for him to be friendly to her again.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Ingrid, but Javi later mocks his nice guy attitude in general.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Santiago is actually his real father.
- The Mentor: He's the one in charge of mentoring Danny about being a waiter at the hotel.
- Nice Guy: One of the most genuine kind people in the cast, that doesn't really have any ulterior motive to be so.
- Secret Keeper: Becomes this for Danny when he discovers he's infiltrated the hotel to investigate Sky's disappearance.
- Shirtless Scene: Gets a few, showing off his abs which both Ingrid and Vanessa appreciating the sight.
Malcolm Parker (portrayed by John Marshall Jones)
The of Head of Maintenance at the hotel.
- Deadpan Snarker: Is usually in the background snarking at Helen or Ingrid's expense.
- Happily Married: His marriage to Helen is shown to be very happy and he easily forgives her for her affair with Santiago.
- Henpecked Husband: Has shades of this with Helen, who's also his boss at the hotel.
- Karmic Death: Danny doesn't expose him as Skye's murderer, not only to spare Jason, but because he sees Malcolm's cancer as punishment enough. Malcolm dies soon after.
- The Mentor: Briefly took Javi under his wing while he was trying to work at the hotel.
- Your Days Are Numbered: He develops terminal brain cancer early in the story. He dies at the end of season one.
Ingrid (portrayed by Anne Winters)
A housekeeper at the hotel.
- The Baby Trap: An improvised example, she didn't plan to get pregnant by Mateo and when it happened and he didn't step up, she decided to try to pretend Javi is the father.
- Becoming the Mask: While at first she was only interested in Javi for his money, she does eventually fall for him for real.
- Better as Friends: Her and Jason eventually let go of their romantic feelings for each other and become friends. She even gives him advice about Vanessa.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Becomes very jealous of Vanessa once she starts dating Jason. She eventually gets over it and starts being supportive of them.
- Consummate Liar: Has no qualms about successfully lying to Javi and his family that he's the father of her baby. Until she finally admits the truth when Gigi discovers the deception.
- Convenient Miscarriage: In episode 8, after the balcony collapse at the Finn Hotel causes complications.
- Dude Magnet: Has had the attention of Mateo, Javi and Jason.
- Gold Digger: Confesses to Jason she wishes she could marry into money to escape her life. She goes so far to attempt it by laying The Baby Trap on Javi so to exploit his family's money and privileges.
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: When Ingrid reveals to Mateo that she's pregnant with his child, and he offers to arrange for her to get an abortion, she gets very distressed at the suggestion and hatches a plan to pin Javi as the father instead.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Develops this attitude towards Jason's relationship with Vanessa.
- Manipulative Bitch: She can be very manipulative to get what she wants, especially with Javi when he still believed he was the father of her baby.
- Refuge in Audacity: Her plan to make Javi think her baby is his, despite them never sleeping together. Thankfully he Really Gets Around that it's easy to research how he's like in bed, and he sleeps around enough to actually believe it despite not remembering her.
- Ship Tease: A lot with Javi, Jason and Mateo.
Marisa (portrayed by Sabrina Texidor)
A masseuse who works at the hotel.
- Coming-Out Story: She starts dating Yoli and helps her in coming out to her family. She also mentions her own coming out story was much worse than Yoli's.
- The Illegal: She confesses to Yoli she's an illegal immigrant, which is why she can't run away with her when she wants to follow her father out of the country.
- Satellite Love Interest: Most of her character revolves around Yoli and she rarely interacts with other characters.
- Uptown Girl: She's a hotel masseuse dating the stepdaughter of the hotel owner.
Mateo (portrayed by Shalim Ortiz)
The hotel manager and Santiago's right-hand man; he secretly works for the hotel's creditors
- Affably Evil: He's very polite with Santiago, even while subtly threatening him if he doesn't pay his debts.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Pretends to be a friend of the family to Alicia, but he's actually at the hotel as a liaison for Santiago and his criminal creditors.
- He gets blackmailed by a mysterious person who "knows what he did to Skye" early in the story It turns out to be Nelson, one of the employers Nelson, who knew Mateo covered up her death. Nelson gets into a car accident and is eventually killed by Mateo in the hospital.
- He also blackmails Santiago with a video implicating Gigi as Skye's murderer. But Santiago blows him off once the truth is revealed.
- Conflicting Loyalties: When Santiago starts confronting his boss, she feels he's become too buddy-buddy with Santiago, and has one her grunts beat up Mateo to remind him of his place.
- The Dog Bites Back: He ends up killing Teresa after she's almost caught by the police, so he can escape her influence.
- Rags to Riches: Teresa says he used to be a street rat before she took him in.
- Number Two: He's Santiago right-hand man at the hotel and the one Santiago goes to whenever he needs to do dirty work for him.
- Pet the Dog: Ingrid is the only character he shows genuine kindness to.
- Shoo the Dog: When Teresa starts threating him, Mateo starts blowing off Ingrid to keep her safe.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Is usually seen wearing an immaculate suit.
Beatriz Mendoza (portrayed by Eva Longoria)
The former owner of the hotel and the first wife of Santiago.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: She's thought of very highly of by both Javi and Alicia.
- Driven to Suicide: She kills herself during one of her mood swings after she finds out Jason is Santiago's son and the pain of him cheating on her is too much to deal.
- Goodbye, Cruel World!: She left a suicide note detailing the reasons for her suicide, which Gigi found and hid from Santiago thinking the truth would devastate him.
- Mood-Swinger: She suffered from Bipolar Disorder which made her unable to take care of her children. Santiago and Gigi both kept this hidden from Alicia and Javi.
- Posthumous Character: She died before the story started, but still has a lot of influence in the story.
- Reality Ensues: Her Bipolar Disorder caused many problems with her marriage with Santiago and eventually drove him to cheat on her.
Sky Garibaldi (portrayed by Arielle Kebbel)
Danny's older sister that works as a line chef at the hotel and who mysteriously disappeared during a hurricane. It is implied she knows something unpleasant about Santiago's past
- Blackmail: When Gigi threatens to have her fired, Sky says she can't because she will tell everyone about "what her husband did" since she found Beatriz's suicide note and knows Santiago cheating on her with Helen was what drove her to suicide and wants money from Gigi to keep it quiet.
- Killed Off for Real: By Malcolm Parker via a blow to the back of the head, in order to keep the secret that Santiago is Jason's biological father.
- She Knows Too Much: She knew some Dark Secret involving the Mendoza family and their hotel, and disappears right after it.
- Straight Gay: Was in a Secret Relationship with Gigi's daughter Yoli.
Felix Renna (portrayed by Adrian Pasdar)
The ex-husband of Gigi and father of Yoli and Carolina.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: He acts like a good dad in front of his family, but he's a slimy Con Man who took advantage of Beatriz's Bipolar Disorder to steal money from the hotel.
- Con Man: He tricked many people out of their money and is a wanted criminal. Even Teresa knows of him. He also took advantage of Beatriz's Bipolar Disorder to get his hands on her money.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He set up $50 million of his stolen money in an account in Gigi's name so the Feds couldn't find it. All it takes is Gigi tricking him out of the code to get that money and hand it over to Santiago.
- Manipulative Bastard: He acts like he's dead broke and on the run from the FBI for Carolina and Yoli, but is secretly using them to get closer to their mother again.
- Never My Fault: Blames Santiago for his problems while downplaying his own crimes.
- Parental Abandonment: He abandoned his children and Gigi when his crimes were exposed and ran from the country.
- The Resenter: He resents Santiago for "stealing his family from him."
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: A lot of the show's problems can be traced back to him, as it turns out he took advantage of Beatriz and tricked her into signing over much of hotel's cash to Felix for an investment only to realize too late that he stole it all. Thus, the hotel's financial problems are actually his fault.
Heather Davis (portrayed by Elizabeth McLaughlin)
Danny's girlfriend before he went to Miami to investigate Skye's disappearance.
- Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder: Being separated makes Danny realize he's never really been in love with her.
- Odd Friendship: With Alicia, the woman who her boyfriend abandoned her for.
- Long-Distance Relationship: With Danny while he was living in Miami. It doesn't work out and he eventually breaks up with her. She travels to the hotel to try to fix things but it fails.
- Romantic False Lead: Danny's girlfriend at the start of the story, but Alicia is ultimately his true Love Interest.
Teresa Williams (portrayed by Katey Sagal)
Mateo's boss and Santiago's creditor.
- Bad Boss: She has Mateo beaten when she thinks his loyalty to her is wavering. He later tells Santiago he has been trying to escape her influence his entire life.
- Big Bad Wannabe: She plans to turn the Riviera Grand into a long term asset in her criminal operations but her plans fall apart thanks to Danny and Detective Ayala and she ends up being killed by Mateo.
- The Don: She's the head of the criminal operation Mateo belongs and Santiago owns money to.
- Faux Affably Evil: She pretends to be an "investor" to the hotel for people who don't know her true colors, but barely keeps the pretense while alone with Santiago.
- Human Traffickers: The Art Exhibition she hosts at the hotel is just a front for her real business, selling women.
- Iron Lady: She a stoic and intimidating woman and doesn't put up with Santiago's temper.
- Killed Off for Real: After narrowly escaping the police, she is killed by Mateo while he has her secluded.
- Knight of Cerebus: The story becomes much more dark and serious whenever she's around.
Ayala (portrayed by Christina Vidal)
- Action Girl: She's a police officer and is the one who leads the assault on Teresa's operation at the hotel.
- Friend on the Force: Becomes one to Danny, assisting him to find Skye after her superiors were bribed to drop the case.
- Hidden Wire: Puts one on Danny during the Art Exhibition Teresa hosts on the Riviera Hotel.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: Much more competent than her Dirty Cop partner. She instantly recognizes Danny who she's only seen once when he went to the police after Skye disappearance and correctly assumes he's undercover at the hotel to finds his sister.
El Rey (portrayed by Jencarlos Canela)
The self-proclaimed "King of Miami" and a famous rapper hired by Alicia to help attract new business to the hotel.
- All Men Are Perverts: Confesses to Carolina he has feelings for Yoli and not her... yet when Carolina jumps him he ends up sleeping with her anyway.
- Ladykiller in Love: Develops a crush on Yoli since she doesn't give a crap for his "celebrity crap" like everyone else.
- Millionaire Playboy: A rich and famous musician who spends his time at the hotel partying.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Alicia says he's a One-Hit Wonder and isn't as big star as his ego implies, which is how she gets him to agree to work for the hotel for a while.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He along with the entire Finn subplot disappears from the story after the accident.
Michael Finn (portrayed by Richard Burgi)
The arrogant owner of the Finn Hotel Group.
- Bad Boss: He treats his construction crew like crap, and Santiago uses to his advantage to screw him over.
- Forceful Kiss: Does this to Helen when he gets her alone in his office.
- Jerkass: He's a very unpleasant man that demeans Santiago constantly.
- The Rival: For Santiago, as he owns the neighboring hotel to the Riviera Grand.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He along with the entire Finn subplot disappears from the story after the accident.
Oliver (portrayed by Freddie Stroma)
The associate manager of the Finn Hotel Group
- Everyone Went to School Together: He and Alicia were classmates back in college.
- Only in It for the Money: For him, his work at Finn is only a job so the fact his girlfriend works at the rival hotel doesn't bother him. Alicia, on the other hand, is very invested in her hotel.
- Romantic False Lead: He dates Alicia for a few episodes, but they can't get past the fact they work for rival hotels.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He along with the entire Finn subplot disappears from the story after the accident.
Vanessa (portrayed by Cassie Scerbo)
A hotel guest that hooks up with Jason.
- Always Someone Better: To Ingrid, who is jealous of her relationship with Jason and how perfect Vanessa seems.
- Brainy Brunette: Has long dark hair and is clever enough to see through Javi's lies as well as being a neuropsychologist student.
- The Charmer: She quickly wins over Helen, a notorious Helicopter Parent.
- The Cheerleader: She's a professional cheerleader, something Helen looks down on when she first hears Jason is dating her... until she reveals it's just a hobby and she's actually studying to be a neuropsychologist.
- Long-Distance Relationship: With Jason, since she lives in Dallas.
- Love Interest: For Jason. She was a guest at the hotel, hosting a bachelorette party where she met and hooked with him. They're still dating at the end of season 1.
- Ms. Fanservice: Is always seen wearing gorgeous dresses or skimpy clothing. Even Helen is impressed by her looks when they first meet.