Here are the characters that appeared in Dimensional Chaser. Tropes regarding the Grand Chase in the original games go here.
Dimensional Chaser New Characters
- Voiced by: Kouhei Amasaki (JP)
One of two starting heroes. He lived in Abbey in Kricktria and one of two students of Grandiel, however, he is lazy on studies and prefers using a sword and aims to be a Sword Saint.
- Becoming the Boast: It is possible to evolve Kyle for him to become "Sword Saint Kyle."
- Book Dumb: It's mentioned early on that he has no interest in magic and fails at it, finding comfort in swords play.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He received one in Abbey where Belile defeated him in one blow, though he survived, not without side-effects, however. He returned the favor in their second encounter in the Forest of Life when Nephilim possessed Kyle and defeated Belile in one strike. The demon managed to escape, however, yet he is badly injured.
- Farm Boy: He and Cindy are raised in Abbey, a mountain village. Upon reaching Elyos through the Demon World Station at the beginning of the Crimson River chapter, he amazed by it and acted like a country bumpkin so much to Ley's chagrin.Ley: Stop that! You look like some farm boy who just seen the entrance of the station.Kyle: But I AM a farm boy.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Expected from a Heroic Wannabe like him.
- Heroic Wannabe: Always speak out loud at how he wants to be the Sword Saint and often had the It's All About Me mentality in regards to several situations, much to the chagrin of everyone else.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: At least to the people back at his hometown. Mandragora, Pepe, and Rocco all collectively hate him. Kyle doesn't really care though.
- Idiot Hero: Hoo boy, big time.
- Living Macguffin: The Kounat chapter reveals he is a clone of Baldinar who contains one of his soul fragments and one of the only two missing to complete Baldinar's ascension to True Creator.
- Moveset Clone: He can use Critical X, one of Elesis's signature skills in the original game, though strangely it has a similar animation with Elesis's Mega Slash skill instead. When Kyle showed off his Critical X to Elesis herself in Kounat, she just called it sloppy. Even Elscud, Elesis' father, was miffed at seeing his version of Critical X.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is orange in front and brown behind.
- Power Tattoo: He had been hiding some strange tattoo and when everyone found out about it, he acted like a Chuunibyou. This is later revealed to have been Kyle slowly dying because he has yet to completely heal from the injuries he received from Belile and Marjoram's curse, he is only able to make a full recovery after Nephilim decided to aid him.
- Stepford Smiler: If his attempts to hide the tattoo is any indication or hiding his condition from the group all the way to the tree of life.
- Voiced by: Kaede Hondo (JP)
The other starting hero. She is born in Abbey and became Grandiel's students and unlike Kyle, she is a genius magician. She routinely nags Kyle for his crazy antics.
- Badass Bookworm: In contrast to Kyle, Cindy is earnest about her studies and most of the magic that she knows is what Grandiel taught her.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: She is the tsukkomi to Kyle's boke.
- Childhood Friends: With Kyle as they are raised by Grandiel since they were infants.
- Expy: In some extent, to Arme due to being both mages who usually bickers with a certain sword-wielder. Arme occasionally sees herself on Cindy.
- Idiot Hair: She ironically has one.
- Like Brother and Sister: Cindy denies having romantic feelings for Kyle and states he's like a brother to her, an idiot one.
- Living Macguffin: The Kounat chapter reveals she is a soul fragment of Baldinar and a clone of his lover and the other one missing aside from Kyle.
- Painfully Slow Projectile: Her Fireball skill shoots a slow-moving fireball that deals continuous damage, pushes enemies and explodes.
- Playing with Fire: She is specialized in fire spells.
Grand ChaseThe titular group of heroes. The Grand Chase is originally a Power Trio of heroines hailing from different sides of the Bermesiah continent in the world of Aernas tasked by the queen of Serdin to pursue the evil witch Kaze'aze who instigated a war between Serdin and Kanavan Kingdoms. After defeating Kaze'aze, they meet new members and gets involved in other threats towards Aernas caused by various forces of evil. Certain members of the Grand Chase are prophesized to be the Twelve Disciples destined to battle the great evil demon Veigas, only to turn out that it is a false prophecy and the real evil turns out to be Kaze'aze who returns much stronger.
After their final encounter with Kaze'aze in the Tower of Disappearance in the original game, a dimensional rift has opened and the Grand Chase had faced a horde of demons. A clash between the two sides' leaders Elesis and Belile caused an explosion that scattered the rest of the Chase members towards various dimensions which kick in the plot of Dimensional Chaser.
- Badass Crew: Just like the original games. All of them are also gated on SS Rank. (SR Rank on Global servers)
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The original trio with Lire as the beauty who is the most feminine and acts as the mediator, Arme as the brains being a (self-proclaimed) genius magician, and Elesis as the brawn being a warmongering Lady of War.
- Calling Your Attacks: Most of them yells their skill names at random chance but they only do so if the skill triggers a critical hit or boosted effect. They are the only playable heroes who do it, however.
- Color-Coded Characters: Like in the original game, each of the Chase members has their designated color scheme.
- Drama-Preserving Handicap: At the end of the first arc, it's revealed that the dimension travel sapped away the powers they gain from their adventures back in the original game and only had a fraction of it right now, making it easy for Decanee to deliver a Curb-Stomp Battle to them until Rufus steps in. Arme, Mari, Lass, Ryan, and Ronan finally regained their strength during the events of the sixth Siege of Teroka raid stage.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: They play this straight here compared to the original game, as most of the male members are melee-oriented Assault or Tank types while the females are ranged-oriented Ranger, Mage or Healer. Only the ranged guy Rufus and Veigas, the melee girls Elesis and Edel, and Lime who can fight both ways are subversions.
- Party Scattering: The prologue has the rest of the party scattered across dimensions. Only Arme, Mari, Lass, Ronan, and Ryan are at Kricktria; Sieghart briefly appeared in Kricktria but suddenly disappeared; Jin, Ley, and Amy are in Mouspia, Rufus was with the dimensional traders Kiwi and Apple, Veigas was implied to have his rule overthrown in the underworld and is trapped in Purgatory, Lire has been going on her own to look for Elesis while Elesis herself is going on her own to look for Elscud, Sieghart, Dio and Lime are in Elyos and the remaining members' whereabouts are unknown.
- Once again in Kounat when Kyle and Cindy got separated from rest of the Chase upon entering the Time Rift. They are shortly joined with Ronan, Ley, Mari, and Lire, while Grandiel, Ryan, Lass, Jin, Arme and Amy are in a separate group and had an off-screen encounter with Serdin before she comes to get the first group to join them.
- Rare Random Drop: All of Grand Chase members are SS (SR in global) rarity heroes, the highest in-game.
- Retcon: How the Party Scattering happened in the original compared to what happened in here. In the original by Word of God, it's due a combination of Elscud's appearance and FaceHeel Turn, their defeat in the Tower of Disappearance and Elesis asking Arme to hastily teleport everyone else to safety. Dimensional Chaser has them simply fall into a Dimensional Gap while Elesis holds of Belile and their clash scatters the Grand Chase members. Some try to justify it, saying that both events could have happened in quick succession (Notice the lack of other members like Dio, Ley, Rin etc..) and having the original ending as the sequel's prologue would result in Continuity Lockout for newer players.
- Sixth Ranger: Rufus, Zero and Veigas don't consider themselves part of the Grand Chase.
- Super Move Portrait Attack: While all higher rarity heroes do this when using their ultimate skill, the Grand Chase members (except Arme and Mari) has a second one which focuses on their eyes or face.
- Voiced by: Tomoyo Kurosawa (JP)
Born as a cursed child, Arme is abandoned by her parent and left in care to Serdin's Violet Mage Guild. She grows as a cheerful person who doesn't hold grudges towards her parents who abandoned her. She is raised by the mage guild as a magician and to hone her magic potential, she is tasked to join the Grand Chase as one of its three original members. She is one of the Twelve Disciples.
After went missing after the Tower of Disappearance incident, she is found in Abbey.
- Alleged Lookalikes: She is thought to resemble one of the creator goddesses Armenian, and Lime even mistook her along with Elesis and Lire as the goddesses when she first met them.
- An Ice Person: Her Blizard Storm skill calls forth freezing winds that slow enemies and deal damage over time.
- Badass in Distress: For a moment, she was about to be taken away by Rocco out of spite for Kyle.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: She has tsukkomi moments in Airship and Temple of Time portions of Mouspia towards Kyle, Jin and Ley's antics, mostly because the resident tsukkomi Cindy is temporarily absent there.
- Cute Witch: Self-proclaimed.
- Death from Above: Her skill Meteor rains fireballs near a small area. Her ultimate skill Planet Impact drops a comet at the battlefield to deal widescale damage.
- Does Not Like Spam: She can't handle spicy food well.
- Headbutting Heroes: She always argues with Elesis which Lire breaks routinely.
- Idiot Hair: She has one.
- Painfully Slow Projectile: Her normal attack has a long interval compared to other Mage units and travels slower, but it can hit multiple times and pushes enemies backward.
- Playing with Fire: Her Meteor skill drops not only drops fireballs but also leaves trails of fire on impact area and deal damage over time.
- Sensei-chan: Her alternate costume Time Instructor's backstory depicts Arme in an alternate future where she becomes a teacher in Violet Mage Academy. She is largely ignored by her students until an accident unleashed summoned monsters out of control in which Arme lectures the students how to fight the monsters. The students found out that she is a Badass Teacher and they started paying attention to her lessons.
- Zettai Ryouiki: As her base form Violet Mage only.
- Voiced by: Ari Ozawa (JP)
Born from the ancient Kounat Kingdom's royalty being the daughter of its last king's brother, Mari is a survivor of the kingdom after it got destroyed by an explosion caused by a failed attempt by Minister Baldinar to control the Aernasis Hammer. She joined the Grand Chase when she crossed paths with them to find a way to restore her kingdom. She is one of the Twelve Disciples.
After disappearing like the other Chase members, she is found when she saved Kyle and co. from the hands of mad scientist Merken in Beroiah and turns out to be the professor who created Lydia's invisibility potion.
- Absolute Cleavage: In the closed beta version of her upgraded form, she exposes a lot of her front like Decanee's. This is changed in official launch as it is very out of character for Mari.
- Badass Bookworm: She wears glasses and carries a book for the part.
- Does Not Like Shoes: She is barefooted in her Magic Engineer form, though she is levitating anyway.
- Magitek: Mari is a technology-based hero but she summons her gadgets through magic.
- Meganekko: She wears a pair of glasses, though in the original game she only wears them in one of her four jobs.
- Mismatched Eyes: Her eyes are red and blue. She refers to them as "Odd Eye".
- Kill Sat: She has one which she commands in her ultimate skill Eraser to fire a laser from space to deal high magic damage .
- Living Relic: She escaped her kingdom's destruction and had put to sleep for hundreds of years until she awakened in the time of Grand Chase.
- Power Floats: She constantly levitates in her Magic Engineer form.
- Really 700 Years Old: Her backstory states how she was born over 1500 years ago but was brought to the present to escape her kingdoms destruction. Her official age is 14 but it was before the Kounat Explosion.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: She is mostly emotionless and has a mysterious background.
- Retcon: The manner how she ended up in present time in her backstory changed from "she had been put to sleep for hundreds of years" in the original game to "her escape pod flew through a time portal and sent to hundreds of years later" in the sequel.
- Robot Buddy: She summons KORMET to assist in battle.
- Semi-Divine: She is a Celestial.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: One of her expressions is this.
- Shock and Awe: Her Final Decision skill lays an electric field in a small area that deals damage over time and empowers KORMET with it.
- You Can't Fight Fate: What she realized in hoping to prevent the destruction of her kingdom when they had traveled back in time before said fate. They are days too late to prevent the Kounat Explosion and even if they somehow find a way, it would be only lead to major consequences. However, it turns out that it's still possible to save her kingdom's people.
- Zettai Ryouiki
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (JP)
Lass is a half-demon born from a demon father and a human mother. He was abandoned by his mother after the ostracism she had taken, and he was found by a circus and used him as an attraction until the time his demonic powers awakened and destroyed the circus. He wandered Aernas, and learned the ways of assassination and founded the Assassin's Guild. However, Kaze'aze used him as a vessel until the Grand Chase defeated her and freed Lass from her control. Lass joined the Grand Chase to atone his dark past. He is one of the Twelve Disciples.
Lass briefly appeared in the prologue of Dimensional Chaser where he and others fought the demons appearing from a dimensional rift before disappearing. He found himself in the Imp Empire and he tracked the demons' actions until he is caught by a lamia and saved by Kyle and co. from it.
- Badass in Distress: He was held captive by Nagia before Kyle and others saved him.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Being abandoned as a child, being an attraction of an evil circus and becoming a vessel of an evil witch, this guy sure had it rough.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: His ultimate skill Phantom Blade delivers rapid strikes to the enemies in the targeted area.
- Everyone is Related: He is Rufus's younger half-brother.
- Flash Step: His Laser Cutter skill.
- Gender-Blender Name: Who would think a male character is named ''Lass''?note
- Half-Human Hybrid: He is half-human and half-Haros demon.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His weapon of choice is a katana which based on his Striker job in the original game.
- Master Swordsman: He is one of the best sword fighters among the Grand Chase when it comes to pure swordsmanship. Kyle once asked Lass to train him but Lass refused due to their difference of swordplay.
- Mystical White Hair: His white hair seems has connection with his Haros blood.
- Sword Beam: His Giga Slash skill shoots sword energy.
- Vague Age: While there are numerous members of the Grand Chase whose ages are unknown, this only applies to the demon characters. Lass is the only human note whose age is unknown and it has been a question in the community for years.
- Voiced by: Hiro Shimono (JP)
Ryan is a young elf boy born from a tribe of elven druids. Picking up the tribe's passion on nature, he aspires to protect nature and when the Elven Forest in Eryuell Island is damaged upon the war instigated by Kaze'aze, he joined to Grand Chase to defeat forces of evil and protect more forests.
After disappearing from a dimensional rift like the other Chase members, he also ended up in Kricktria and he investigates the world's Forest of Life and meets with Kyle, Cindy and other Chase members they met.
- An Axe to Grind: His weapon is a giant axe which is ironic for a nature guardian to wield such weapon used for chopping down trees.
- Blow You Away: When in Nephilim form, his basic attacks change to gusts of wind.
- Our Elves Are Different: He is one of two elven members of Grand Chase, the other is Lire. They both had been born in Eryuell Island, however, they didn't know each other due to being from separate tribes prior to joining the Grand Chase.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: His Halloween alternate costume is him as an exorcist werewolf who protects a village from the shadows.
- Nature Hero: He is a dedicated protector of forest and very friendly towards its creatures and fellow nature lovers, however, he shows no mercy towards anything that threats nature, be it people, monster or invasive plant.
- The Paladin: He is tank unit who can also heal allies and himself. He can also form a link to his teammates that will transfer a part of their damage taken to himself. His ultimate skill Guardian Nephilim not only deals damage but also heals party members and increase their attack power.
- Swiss Army Hero: In the original game, he can transform into a werewolf, a Nephilim or the druid champion Magnus Dan. However, in this game, he can transform into the Nephilim only (or the werewolf in his alternate costume).
- Voiced by: Ayumu Murase (JP)
Ronan is the first born son of the Erudon family, one of the prestigious families of the Kanavan Kingdom where most Royal Guards hail from. He is the Royal Guard of the current queen of Kanavan who had been manipulated by Kaze'aze to declare war against the Serdin Kingdom. After freeing the queen with Serdin queen's help, Ronan tries to find who instigated the war until he crossed paths with the Grand Chase who happened to have the same goal. He is one of the Twelve Disciples.
After the dimensional rift incident, he is found by the heroes leading the Terokan soldiers in their defense against the demons' siege on the city.
- Blade on a Stick: He uses a giant lance to attack enemies and weaken their magical defense.
- Dracula: His alternate costume from Halloween event.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Ronan is very knightly especially when compared to fellow Kanavan knight Chase members Elesis and Sieghart who are more like warriors than knights. He wears armor in his upgraded form to play this more literally.
- Magic Knight: He is skilled in both sword and magic. One of his jobs in the original game is named "Magic Knight".
- No-Sell: He can grant the party temporary invulnerability and debuff immunity through his Magic Defender skill.
- Real Men Cook: He can cook, though he claims it is something that can be learned over time. This is also the only thing that Lass and Jin can say about him.
- Stone Wall: His main role as Tank unit is to raise the parties defenses. His own defense is also sky high.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Literally
- Voiced by: Kosuke Toriumi (JP)
A bounty hunter hailed from the Haros tribe of demons in the Underworld. He was abandoned by his father who was a great hunter of souls. He resented him for this, yet aspires to become like him. He crossed paths with the Grand Chase as he got attracted toward some of their members, such as his half-brother Lass, and the soul of a demoness that escaped the Underworld and possessed Ley.
After the dimensional rift incident, he later works with the Dimensional Research Traders Kiwi and Apple. He appeared again in Burning Canyon chapter.
- Adaptational Dye Job: His complexion changed from demonic purplish on original game to lighter, more human-like one in the sequel.
- Aloof Big Brother: He is this to Lass.
- Everyone is Related: He is Lass's older half-brother.
- FaceHeel Turn: He briefly turned against the Grand Chase in Underworld Train, though he became an ally again later on.
- Guns Akimbo: He wields two guns in battle.
- I Work Alone: He did not tag along with the heroes after he saved them and he prefers working by himself, most likely because Ley wasn't with them when he first meets them.
- Kill Steal: He appeared in Siege of Teroka where he finishes off Turmeric when he attempted to retaliate on the heroes after they defeated him.
- More Dakka: His ultimate skill has him barraging enemies using his arsenal of firearms.
- Only in It for the Money: His original purpose as a bounty hunter is to hunt down souls that escaped the Underworld, though he accepts any other job should he get paid right for it.
- Our Demons Are Different: He is the only demon character hailed from the Underworld rather than an Asmodian demon from Elyos which most demons are. He lacks a demonic horn, unlike most Asmodian demons.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His one eye is always covered by his hair.
- Sixth Ranger: He is not officially a member of Grand Chase like in the original game.
- Voiced by: Junji Majima (JP)
Simply referred to as Sieghart. A legendary gladiator of Kanavan descended from the founder of Red Knights Eckhart Sieghart and an ancestor of Elesis. He is famed for defeating 100 goblins in one night and the event became a tale told to children. However, he mysteriously disappeared when he is sent to investigate ruins of the ancient kingdom of Kounat. It turns out he was killed by powerful monsters on his way to the ruins, though the Highlander gods found the dying Sieghart and revived him to be one of them. However, the Highlanders are found by the evil Astaroth and they are massacred, leaving no one surviving except Sieghart who was not with them that time. Finding out about this, Sieghart vowed to avenge them and wandered Aernas for hundreds of years until he meets the Grand Chase and his descendant Elesis. He is one of the Twelve Disciples.
After the dimensional rift incident, he briefly appeared in the Chilly Mines in Kricktria where he is accidentally summoned by sorcerers in their attempt to summon Balzac, though he disappeared shortly when he killed his summoners before they completed the ritual. He is encountered again in Elyos in the Crimson River chapter.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: He used to be a human until the Highlander gods revived him by turning him into one of them.
- Badass Grandpa: Being a long-living ancestor of Sieghart clan and a major ass-kicker.
- The Berserker: His true strength lies on his Rage.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He is both a great fighter and a genius, however, he prefers lazing around and have others do simple works.
- Coat Cape: He wears his coat like a cape like in his Gladiator job iteration in the original game.
- Exact Words: When the demons keeps chanting "Immortal being" in an attempt to summon Balzac, they accidentally summoned Sieghart instead, who is indeed an immortal.
- It's All About Me: He is quite proud of himself and keeps talking how "perfect" he is. Arme refers to him as an "arrogant grandpa" for that.
- Last-Name Basis: He is referred by his last name. He even insists to be called "Sieghart" instead of his first name "Ercnard".
- Launcher Move: His skill Grinding Punisher knocks enemies upward.
- Living Forever Is Awesome: He keeps pointing out the perks of being immortal, and he even looks forward on the time he sees Elesis as an old grandma.
- Really 700 Years Old: His profile states he is over 600 years old due to being a human-turned-god living hundred of years before the time of Grand Chase.
- Sole Survivor: He is the last Highlander god remaining after his fellow Highlanders are massacred by Astaroth.
- Spin Attack: His skill Mortal Impact has him spin-slash enemies and gathers them in one spot.
- That Man Is Dead: He claims the human named Ercnard Sieghart is long dead and he is now a Highlander named Sieghart.
- Unstoppable Rage: He is normally cool and lazy but once he gets mad, things get bad. His in-game ability is also centered on his rage.
- Voiced by: Lynn (JP)
The current chief of the Crimson River tribe, one of the Asmodian demon tribes of Moderate faction opposing the Extremist faction tribes. Born with a weak body, her father desperately sought a wizard's help to save her. The only way to do so is a forbidden ritual which the soul of an ancient demoness who perished during the First Demon Wars, infused to the young Ley. During the time of her rule, the Extremist factions get stronger so she went to Aernas to find a fellow Moderate faction leader Dio who last seen there and she met the Grand Chase during her search.
After the incident in Tower of Disappearance, she ended up in Mouspia along with Jin.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Say, Ley von Crimson River.
- Battle Butler: Her loyal butler Jeeves who she summons in combat.
- Childhood Friends: With Dio. She even bullies him back then like giving him a chokehold until his mouth bubbles.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Along with Jin, Ley is a wanted criminal in Mouspia that her presence alone terrorizes the civilians in the Airship and tightens security. This is because she is simply a demon. The same happens again in Kounat that the citizens panic at seeing Ley, especially when Duel was found rampaging in the outskirts.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her base outfit doesn't leave much to the imagination. Downplayed in her Distinguished Lady of Darkness form, however.
- Lady of Black Magic: Offensive magic, sexy, elegant, and an heiress that comes from a prominent family, sums her up pretty nicely.
- Noble Demon: Being a Moderate faction Asmodian, she is against the actions of Extremists who seek destruction. However, she is not as noble as Dio as she finds peace boring and casually blurts out stuff like "beat up and torture".
- Power Floats: Ley is levitating by default even back in the original game.
- Puny Humans: Like most demons, she has low opinions towards humans though she is not malevolent and she does praise the ones who are worthy.
- Rapidfire Fisticuffs: Jeeves's standard attack.
- Summon Magic: In combat, she summons Jeeves and Haunt alongside the party.
- Two Souls One Vessel: Besides her own soul, the soul of the ancient demoness Edna Vervidad is within her after it was infused in her by a forbidden ritual.
- Unrealistic Black Hole: Her ultimate skill Center of Gravity casts a black hole to suck enemies and explode.
- Voiced by: Showtaro Morikubo (JP)
One of the Silver Knights, a band of martial artists that protects the Silver Land. Born without any God-given talent, he used his hard work and passion to gain strength to be able to become a Silver Knight. Unfortunately, its last leader Victor caused the demise of the knights and Jin is one of few left surviving. He crossed paths with the Grand Chase on their adventures to Silver Land and found him struggling to defend what is left on the knights. He is one of the Twelve Disciples.
After the incident of a dimensional rift in the Tower of Disappearance, he ends up in Mouspia along with Ley.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: He fights using nothing but his fists.
- Bare Your Midriff: His default form.
- Does Not Like Spam: He dislikes beans and red pepper that much it ruins his mood everytime he sees them on his food.
- Fan Boy: He is a big fan of Amy even back in his Silver Knight days.
- Fiery Redhead: His hair is crimson and his fighting spirit is always burning.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Along with Ley, Jin is a wanted criminal in Mouspia that his presence alone terrorizes the civilians in the Airship and tightens security. It is because of his connection with the Mouspia gang and with Ley herself being a demon.
- Hot-Blooded: He's a red-haired hero who burns with passion.
- Playing with Fire: His attacks are imbued with ki flame bursts, and one of his skills buffs the party with an aura that allows them to shoot flames.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red Oni to Asin's Blue. He is a straight up heroic fighter, his martial art are mostly using his sheer power and his ki are fire-based, contrasting Asin.
- Sole Survivor: He is the last Silver Knight remaining after Victor's betrayal.
- Voiced by: MAO (JP)
Amy is a dancer and priestess once serving the Xenian gods. Born from Silver Land, she had the potential to become an Oracle of gods. She is also an idol who the Silver Knights are devoted on. However, dark forces appeared, spawned powerful monsters and corrupted the gods in Xenia. During the attack on Silver Knight, she travels north to Xenia to seek help from any uncorrupted Xenian god where she crossed paths with the Grand Chase who freed one of them from corruption. She is one of the Twelve Disciples.
She ended up in Temple of Time in Mouspia after getting separated from the rest of the Grand Chase where she infiltrated the Cult of Creators, though she cannot leave until Kyle, Arme, and Jin rescued her.
- Deliberately Distressed Damsel: From the heroes' point of view, she is held captive by the cult and she only acts to stay out of harm. Actually, she infiltrated the cult to be a priestess because she has no place to go and she misses being idolized, though she cannot leave. She enjoys her act but she admits she got bored without the Grand Chase around her.
- Genki Girl: The biggest one in the entire Grand Chase.
- Girlish Pigtails: Hers are very long.
- Looks Like She Is Enjoying It: When the Traders shows the heroes footage of Amy being held captive by the cult, Jin became totally worried yet Arme keeps pointing out that Amy seems to be having fun in the cult.
- Magic Idol Singer: She is an idol who sings and dance. Jin is one of her biggest fans.
- Ms. Fanservice: Look at her page image.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her Cosmic Fairy form, her hair is so long it goes past her hips.
- Rings of Death: Her weapon of choice is a pair of chakram which is her Dancer job in the original game uses. However, her Healer class in-game makes her a ranged unit contrasting her melee fighting style as Dancer.
- Support Party Member: Being a Healer unit, her skills are focused on healing and buffs.
- Voiced by: Maaya Uchida (JP)
Lire is born from a tribe of elves in Eryuell Island who seeks peace and avoid conflicts at all costs. These elves stayed away from the human war caused by Kaze'aze but they can't bear to just sit and watch humans have conflict. The elves eventually lend a hand to Serdin Kingdom. Lire sends herself to an adventure and arrived in Serdin to meet Elesis and Arme who became the first Grand Chase members.
She appeared in the raid version of Temple of Time who was tracking Elesis until she met the other Grand Chase members.
- Adaptational Dye Job: Zigzagged. Her hair color in the original game is bright yellow but in this game, it is pale blonde. However, this game's iteration of Lire is based on her Arch Ranger job which is depicted with that hair color instead of her standard bright-colored hair.
- Alleged Lookalikes: Like Elesis and Arme, she has a bearing resemblance to an Aernas creator goddess, Lisnar in Lire's case. Although, Lire herself said she is named as such due to this resemblance.
- Archer Archetype: She is a friendly elf who is skilled at using a bow and arrow.
- Big Damn Heroes: She saved the heroes who are about to be attacked by a barely-defeated temple guardian while they are exhausted from fighting it.
- High Queen: In her Queen costume's backstory. In an alternate timeline where Lire returned from her journey with the Grand Chase, she aimed to have the elves to rise up as a recognizable race and eventually, an elven kingdom is established with her as the first ruler.
- Hime Cut
- Nice Girl: She is the friendliest among the Grand Chase.
- New Work, Recycled Graphics: Her Rapid Shot skill's icon is heavily based on the icon of Rena's skill Shooting Magnum in Elsword. Interestingly, the same class of Rena also have a skill named Rapid Shot.
- Rain of Arrows: Her Rain Arrows skill barrages enemies in a small area and slows their movement.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair lays down below her hips. Though, it is only true to her Arch Ranger job in the original game as her default hair length is just long enough to be tied in a ponytail.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She doesn't like bugs and ugly monsters at all.
- Zettai Ryouiki
- Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya (JP)
The eldest daughter of the current generation of Sieghart clan of Kanavan and the current leader of the Red Knights. Her father Elscud is sent to pursue Kaze'aze but he disappeared. Wanting her father back and receiving a request from the queen of Serdin, she and two other girls, Lire and Arme formed the pursuit team against Kaze'aze called the Grand Chase. She is one of the Twelve Disciples.
After clashing with the demon Belile, Elesis wanders and crosses dimensions and continued finding her father. She was last seen in the Temple of Time in Mouspia by Amy and Lire and traveled back in time to Kounat.
- Action Girl: She is one of most combat-oriented female members of the Grand Chase, the other is Edel.
- Alleged Lookalikes: She greatly resembles the war goddess Aernasis not only on her looks but also her fighting spirit.
- Badass Long Robe: Her design is based on her Savior job in the original game that wears a long robe, although in the prologue, she wears her Knight outfit with a white cape and only switches to her current outfit when she appeared in Temple of Time raid.
- Blood Knight: She likes intense battles and hates easy ones. She is also the most violent member of the Chase.
- Dimensional Traveler: After the dimensional rift incident, she has been traveling across dimensions in search of her father on her own. She once met Amy in Temple of Time but did not rescue her and left her in other Chase members' care.
- Expy: Her Dark Executor costume's backstory is about an alternate scenario where Elesis turned into a vengeance-driven Anti-Hero after consuming darkness through a Despair Event Horizon, not too dissimilar on the backstory of her Elsword Expy's Crimson Avenger class.
- Fiery Redhead: Her hot-bloodedness is just as red as her hair.
- Headbutting Heroes: She usually bickers with Arme.
- Heroic Second Wind: One of her passive skill's effects can resurrect her once after getting defeated and gain increased attack power.
- Idiot Hero: It is toned down in the sequel, however...Elesis: Things I can do other than the sword? Nothing...
- I Work Alone: After getting separated from the rest of her team, she moved on her own and did not try to take Amy when she found her.
- The Leader: She is quite charismatic despite her hot-headed behavior, she is still considered by the Grand Chase as their leader even when much more powerful members joined them. It is also true in-game as her skills go with party buffs along with damage. Even Kyle considered her cool the first time he met her in person.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Elesis is literally Red Oni when compared to Blues Lass, Ronan and Edel in various ways.
- Towards Lass is their swordsmanship, Elesis is more of brute strength constrasting Lass' clean and refined swordsmanship. Elesis is also a pure head-on fighter, while Lass is an assassin first, swordfighter second.
- Towards the fellow Kanavan knight Ronan, Elesis is purely relying on strength and willpower and closer to a warrior compared to Ronan who balances sword and magic and much more knightly than Elesis.
- Towards the fellow swordswoman Edel, similar to Lass but also includes their places of origin as Edel is from Serdin, or at least formerly affiliated with it.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She behaves much less feminine compared to other Grand Chase girls. Edel, the other Action Girl among them is still more lady-like than Elesis.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: She sports a long ponytail, though she claims she always forgets cutting her hair.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Ironic for a violent girl, she is afraid of ghosts.
- Voiced by: Aina Suzuki (JP)
A knight from the Holy Kingdom not far away from the continent of Bermesiah in which the kingdoms of Serdin and Kanavan are. The Holy Kingdom's people worship the Aernas' creator goddesses and they are guided by the Pope. The Pope has sensed the movements of Extremist demons towards Aernas and as a precaution, he sent the holy knights to exorcize the land. One of the knights, Lime got separated from her fellow knights after combat and lost her way and wandered aimlessly until she met three girls she mistook as the goddesses they worship. These girls are members of the Grand Chase. Lime is one of the Twelve Disciples.
She makes her appearance in Elyos in the Crimson River chapter.
- Battle Ballgown: She wears an armored dress.
- Blush Stickers: She permanently have them in her expressions somehow.
- Drop the Hammer: Her weapon of choice is a large hammer. She uses it to hurl holy magic at enemies from distance and smash enemies with it when engaged by melee enemies and in her Holy Smash attack. She also drops a magical hammer at enemies in her ultimate skill Liberation.
- Fangirl: Shown in the game to be a huge admirer of Sieghart, and the other Grand Chase members in general.
- Holy City: Or rather kingdom. She hails from one.
- For Great Justice: Her likes are justice, love, and hope and she dislikes injustice, bad people, lies, and all things evil.
- Girlish Pigtails: In her Saint form.
- Light Is Good: She is a servant of justice and excels in healing and light-based spells.
- The Paladin: She is a support unit who excels in healing and purifying allies from harmful effects and has light based attacks. One of her skills Bless not only heals allies but also creates a shield for them. Her forms are even called Knight of Justice and Saint and is a member of a group called the Holy Knights.
- Token Mini-Moe: She looks the youngest member of Grand Chase, except that she is not (she is 18 years old by the time of Dimensional Chaser and older than Elesis, Lire, Arme, Ryan, Amy, and Rin).
- Voiced by: Yuuma Uchida (JP)
The head of Burning Canyon, one of the Moderate Asmodian tribes of Elyos. Dio participated in the Demon Wars in Aernas and fought alongside the denizens of Archimedia and other Moderate demons against the Extremist demons led by Heitaros Cratsus. They emerged victorious but the sealing of dimensional portals left Dio stuck in Aernas. He tries to do everything he can to go home but more than 2000 years had passed already. He crossed paths with the Grand Chase when they happened to investigate the ruins of Kounat like him.
He appears in the Crimson River tribe's domain in Elyos.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He is the chieftain of his demon tribe and is just as powerful. His ultimate skill has him just sit on a throne showing his power, dominating over his enemies while empowering allies at the same time.
- Awesome Mccoolname: Like Ley, it's a Moderate Asmodian tradition.
- Berserk Button: The Extremist demons in general especially Veigas, though Dio hates Heitaros much more than him.
- Childhood Friends: With Ley.
- Jousting Lance: He transforms his Death Star into a jousting lance and charges with it.
- Noble Demon: Being a Moderate demon, he is against any atrocities done by Extremists and he wants to hunt them down for the sake of the worlds' order.
- The Right Hand of Doom: His one arm is much more demonic-looking and is his second weapon, Rake Arm.
- Sinister Scythe: His signature weapon Death Star. It can transform into other weapons as well.
- Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa (JP)
Rin is a reincarnation of the once glorious goddess Agnesia who lost her divinity after sealing the evil spirit Malevolent Horde within herself. After her birth in Gaon Village, a village that is isolated from the rest of Aernas, she is showered with love. However, an eclipse came and evil powerful demons attacked the village and Rin is the only one left surviving. She wandered the land until she crosses paths with the Grand Chase to fulfill the prophecy of the Twelve Disciples.
Her current whereabouts are unknown.
- Big Eater: As Asin states...Asin: Rin must have a stomach as big as her huge... heart.
- Blow You Away: Her standard attacks are gusts of wind from her fan.
- Combat Hand Fan: Her weapon of choice.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Has a noticeably darker skin tone than the other human characters, and has white/platinum blonde hair.
- Does Not Like Shoes: She is barefooted in all her forms.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: She can sprout a pair of wings from her back, one is white and the other is black. Those become fully white or black when she transforms into Light Rin or Dark Rin respectively.
- The Red Mage: She is a Healer unit focused on support even more as Light Rin but when she transforms to Dark Rin, her skills also deal damage.
- Semi-Divine: Being an avatar of Goddess Agnesia.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: She hosts the goddess within her who in turn has an evil spirit sealed within. Using her skills repeatedly will transform her into either Light Rin or Dark Rin which alters the effects of her skills. The Yin-Yang is also her entire motif.
- Voiced by: Daiki Yamashita (JP)
A powerful Extremist demon. He is prophecized to fight the Twelve Disciples of Aernas.. that turns out to be false. He left after his encounter with the Disciples and investigates the false prophecy, which turns out to be made by Heitaros Cratsus. Veigas has to side with his former enemies and the humans who he once antagonized to defeat a common enemy.
He appears in Crimson River chapter where it turns out that sometime after his encounter with the Twelve Disciples, he is sealed away in the Purgatory.
- Casting a Shadow: His attacks are all darkness-based that the name of all of his skills starts with "Dark".
- Companion Cube: Literally, his cube Deus Ex Machina is his weapon and it is a sentient one.
- Dark Is Evil: His demonic powers are pure darkness and being an Extremist demon, it is given that he is evil.
- Enemy Mine: Being an Extremist demon, he despises Moderates and mortals. However, Dio and the others did him a favor and choose to ally with them since he hates Heitaros much more than he hates Dio.
- Our Demons Are Different: Despite being an Asmodian demon, he has a human-like skin complexion and smaller horns, unlike the others.
- The Napoleon: He is short compared to most male characters and he doesn't like having it brought up.
- Sixth Ranger: He is not a member of the Grand Chase in the slightest and is only lumped together with them due to losing his powers and his playable status.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: He doesn't like the idea of working with Dio but he has to deal with it due to him losing most of his powers. The feeling is mutual for Dio.
- Token Evil Teammate: In Crimson River, he teamed up with Dio, Seighart, and Lime. Being an Extremist demon, he isn't very welcomed to the team but they have no choice but to take him with them anyway.
- Voiced by: Ayane Sakura (JP)
Edel is the heiress of the noble Frost family in Serdin that still given high regard to swordsmanship in a kingdom dominated by magic, which lost their prestige during the war when magic became Serdin's main weapon. Edel has a twin named Adel who, being male and firstborn, should carry the Frost family tradition by becoming a swordsman and bring back the honor of their family name. Adel's crippling disease hindered him from leaving home, therefore it was up to Edel to restore their family's reputation by enlisting in the Knights of Serdin.One day, Edel realized that a curse had been put on her family when she returned home because of a strange pain in her right eye. To save the Frost family, she ventured to find the sinister red light that disappeared on the day they were cursed. She is one of the Twelve Disciples and eventually crossed paths with other Disciples in her journey.
After the encounter with Belile in the dimensional rift, her current whereabouts are unknown.
- Action Girl: Like Elesis, Edel is also a close combat fighter.
- Art Evolution: Her Frost Clan's Hope's form's portrait is basically more body proportional version of her Major class's portrait in the original game, up to her entire pose.
- Beauty Mark
- Deadly Lunge: Her Frenzy Spirit attack.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: She is very skilled in using a rapier.
- Lady of War: Like Elesis, she is a skilled swordswoman but unlike her, she is more feminine and fights with grace contrasting Elesis's brute force.
- Ojou Ringlets: She gains a pair in her upgraded form Frost Clan's Hope.
- Sword and Gun: She mostly favors fighting using a Royal Rapier, but she also carries a flintlock pistol which she occasionally shoots.
- Sword Beam: She shoots a crescent-shaped one in her Lunatic Blade skill.
- Voiced by: Taku Yashiro(JP)
An artificial demon created by the demon sorcerer Oz whose purpose is to wield the demon sword Grandark which Oz created in order to defeat the ancient demon Duel and his sword Eclipse. After his creation, he arrived in Aernas to find Duel who was last seen there and he crossed paths with the Grand Chase during his search.
He makes his appearance in Elyos in the Burning Canyon chapter.
- Blindfolded Vision: He wears a blindfold that appears like goggles, though in his upgraded form his blindfold changes to near X-shaped one.
- BFS: His Grandark is a large sword with jagged edges.
- Companion Cube: He considers Grandark, not as a weapon but more as a friend, and even talks to him.
- Moveset Clone: His Gran X skill is executed like Elesis's Critical X, same as back in the original game.
- My Hero Zero: Well, yeah... The numbers on his chest even emphasize it.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: He gains a black scarf in his upgraded form.
- Spikes of Doom: His Flecks of Gash attack. It also creates a shield for himself, provokes enemies and instantly kills enemy summons.
- Voiced by: Nobuhiko Okamoto (JP)
Once a nameless bullied boy in Kanavan, he ran away from his homeland and arrived in Silver Land. There, he met Asin Tairin, one of the Silver Knights and Jin Kaien's mentor, who had been wounded from a monster attack. The boy saved Asin and tended to his injuries. In turn, Asin taught the boy Silver Knight martial arts. They lived together since then until one day, Asin is once again attacked by monsters and this time, his injuries are too severe that eventually lead to his death. The boy turned out to be using Asin to make himself stronger to be able to have revenge on those who bullied him, yet he knows Asin used him too to be able to continue the legacy of the Silver Knights. The boy then took up his mentor's name "Asin" and searches for the other Silver Knight who once been a student of Asin Tairin. He eventually crossed paths with Jin and the rest of the Grand Chase as part of the Twelve Disciples prophesy.
His current whereabouts are unknown.
- Animal Motifs: Fox, as he is cunning.
- Buxom Is Better: He didn't say it directly but it appears he took an interest in Rin because of her bust.
- Legacy Character: He took the name "Asin" after the original Asin died.
- Making a Splash: His attacks are mostly water-like chi.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni compared to Jin's Red Oni. Their designated colors aside, Asin is closer to a cunning Anti-Hero, his martial arts styles are more of technique than power, and his chi is based on water contrasting Jin.
- The Rival: He has a one-sided rivalry to Jin as a fellow student of Asin Tairin.
The major antagonist of Dimensional Chaser. An enigmatic demoness who initially appeared as one of Belile's commanders. She is responsible for capturing and corrupting the Avatars of God of Kricktria and only used Belile as a puppet for her scheme.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her outfit shows a lot of her cleavage and below.
- Alternate Self: At the ending of Teroka story, she reveals herself as "Kaze'aze", yet she stated she is not the same Kaze'aze like the Grand Chase knew. Belile claims she's a creation of Heitaros.
- Big Bad: Decanee is revealed as the major villain of the sequel since Teroka, though she was already shady prior to that.
- The Unfought: Despite being a major villain, she is not directly fought yet... until the World 3 Raid, "The Great Explosion of Kounat".
- Voiced by: Ryota Takeuchi(JP)
The leader of the demons that appeared in the dimensional rift.
- An Axe to Grind: His weapon of choice.
- The Dragon: While initially posed as the Big Bad, he turns out to be a pawn of the true villain, Decanee.
- Expy: His design is loosely based on Scar of Elsword, being both hulking high-ranked demons. Belile's initial clash with Elesis in the prologue makes him more Scar expy as Scar himself also clashed with game's version of Elesis on her tutorial.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: The lightning to Hanout's ice and Rasel's fire.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: His backstory. He is born from an extremist tribe of demons but his tribe has very low status. He worked on his way to ranks until Heitaros turned him into his subordinate because of his skills.
- Fusion Dance: Decanee fused him with corrupted Balzac and Poseidon to become Dark Belile in the final phase of Siege of Teroka raid. This grants him fire and water powers alongside his lightning.
- Puny Humans: He detests any non-demon beings, not just mortal humans.
- Shock and Awe: He uses the power of lightning to attack, power himself and protect himself from status debuffs.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: He doesn't like Decanee at all and is very wary of her.
- You Will Not Evade Me: One of his skills draws enemies to his position.
- Voiced by: Sho Nogami
One of Belile's commanders and Rasel's younger brother. He appeared in the dimensional rift along other demons under Belile's command. He is encountered in Teroka.
- An Ice Person: Hanout manipulates ice to create an ice sword and freeze enemies.
- Beneath the Mask: He usually acts like another demon who is frightening, very arrogant and looks down on non-demons but in front of Rasel, he is like a wiggling worm as Marjoram says.
- Berserk Button: He don't take any acts that question Rasel very well.
- Big Sister Worship: He totally adores his big sister Rasel that much even she just treat him like a microbe.
- Edible Theme Naming: He and Rasel are named after the North African spice ras el hanout and the coriander herb.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: The ice to Rasel's fire and Belile's lightning.
- Power Floats: He levitates when idle though unlike other levitating heroes, he still walks on his feet.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: His powers are ice and he is fierce on the outside but a weakling inside, contrasting Rasel.
- Voiced by: Kana Ueda
One of Belile's commanders and Hanout's older sister. She along with other demons appeared in the dimensional rift in the prologue. She is later encountered in Teroka.
- Beneath the Mask: She is normally a proper lady that her well-manneredness makes demons think she's a goddess and not a demon. However, when dealing with Hanout, she turns into a real bitch that even Belile can't help but to click his tongue while seeing it.
- Big Sister Bully: Hanout adores her yet she treats him nothing but a microbe. She amusingly watches a sculpture made by Hanout melt.
- Edible Theme Naming: Ditto with Hanout.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: She's dressed in Pimped-Out Dress and carries a parasol. Her black flames also make her more gothic.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: She summons a black fire demon she calls "Darkness" to tank enemies for her in one of her skills. The said demon looks like a demonic black penguin. In her ultimate skill, she summons a Darkness which damages on impact and it clones itself into three, making her able to summon up to four Darkness in the battlefield.
- Expy: To Rachel Alucard (who also shares seiyuu) and to a lesser extent, Shalltear Bloodfallen, except that she is a demon instead of a vampire.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: The fire to Hanout's ice and Belile's lightning.
- Ojou: Being the eldest daughter of Coriander family, she behaves like a proper lady... except when with Hanout.
- Playing with Fire: She uses black flames as a method of attack.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She uses fire and is polite outside but a bitch inside, contrasting Hanout.
- Technicolor Fire: Her flames are black.
- Voiced by: Koji Fujiyoshi
One of Belile's commanders. He appears in Imp Empire as the leader of the demons that enslaved the imps and searching for one of the Avatars of God, Gaian.
- Mr. Exposition: He narrates Hanout, Rasel, Fennel and his own profiles.
- Edible Theme Naming: Marjoram is an herb related to oregano.
- Our Liches Are Different: He is an undead sorcerer. His appearance is more like a mummy without bandages than the standard skeletal liches.
- Only Sane Man: At least what he thinks he is compared to his fellow commanders.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Killing enemies reduces the cooldown timer of his skill.
- Voiced by: Takuya Nakajima
One of Belile's commanders. Hailed from the darkest parts o Elyos, he is the strongest among the shadow beings inhabiting there and he is recruited to join Heitaros' cause. His forces attacked Poseidon's temple and captured the Avatar of God of water.
- Doppelgänger Attack: His one active skill and passive skill summons a shadow clone.
- Dumb Muscle: According to Marjoram while he is strong, his intelligence isn't something to be proud of.
- Edible Theme Naming: Fennel is a herb related to carrots.
- Expy: His design is heavily based on the Shadow monsters in Elsword.
- Wolverine Claws: His weapons are nothing but his own claws.
- Voiced by: Kentaro Tone
One of the Avatars of God of Kricktria. He is the one who has dominion over fire who is meant to melt the hard armors of evil through raging flames. As he enters his slumber, the stories of him changes over time to the point he is thought to be a demon. He is awakened by Decanee in Chilly Mines and got corrupted. He is fought in the final stage of Siege of Teroka before being fused with Belile.
- Bishōnen Line: His initial form is what everyone thinks of him as a menacing demon, his final form is more human looking albeit still demonic.
- Flaming Sword: His weapon is a sword of fire.
- Playing with Fire
- Winged Humanoid: He has demonic wings.
- Voiced by: Mai Nakahara
One of the Avatars of God of Kricktria and the one who has dominion over water. She is the guardian of Krictria's seas and is worshipped by the merfolk. She entered her slumber long time ago until she is captured by demons led by Fennel. She is corrupted and fought in the final stage of Siege of Teroka before being fused with Belile.
- Blade on a Stick: Her weapon is a trident.
- Horse of a Different Color: Her mount is a sea horse.
- Making a Splash
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: She is named after the Greek god of sea.
- Stone Wall: Her role as a tank unit is to build party defenses.
- Stripperific: She barely wears anything aside from basically bikini with curtains and leggings.
- Voiced by: Saki Fujita
One of the Avatars of God of Kricktria and the one who has dominion over the wind. Nephilim is the guardian of Krictria's Forest of Life and is worshipped by forest creatures and spirits. She entered her slumber long time ago until the demons arrived in the forest. She is corrupted by Decanee and turned into Dark Nephilim.
- Casting a Shadow: Her attacks are made of pure darkness.
- Expy: Her design is based on the similarly named boss monster in Elsword.
- Fighting from the Inside: Even after corruption, Nephilim keeps resisting it from within.
- HeelFace Turn: After receiving a Beat the Curse Out of Him, she gave the last of her powers to Kyle as a last-ditch effort to oppose Decanee's plans.
- Stripperific: Her clothes are torn in her corrupted form, although in her original form they are not.
- Voiced by: Yui Nakajima
One of the Avatars of God of Kricktria and the one who has dominion over the earth. Gaian is the guardian of Krictria's land and governed the Kricktrian desert, establishing the once prosperous Imp Empire. He entered his slumber long time ago until the demons arrived and captured him. He is corrupted by Decanee and fought in the Temple of Time Mouspia.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Being an Avatar of God of earth.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He looks like a little girl with Blush Stickers. His Dark Gaian form even looks more feminine, looking like a slender woman with very long white hair.
- Expy: His powers are very much like Gaara's to the point the sand arms he summons are like of the One-Tailed Beast Shukaku.
- Fighting from the Inside: Like Nephilim, Gaian resists Decanee's corruption which holds back his dark form.
- Heroic Sacrifice: After being freed from corruption, he used the last of his powers to reopen the Time Rift so the heroes can pursue Decanee.
- Musical Assassin: In some way. He carries a three-stringed lute which he uses to command his sand familiar.
- One Steve Limit: He nearly has the same name as Gaia, the Aernas goddess of life.
- One-Winged Angel: After his second defeat, he transformed into Dark Gaian.
- Voiced by: Rikuji Moriwaki (JP)
A powerful boar warrior who boasts his defensive power among the race of proud shield-bearing warriors. He is the first raid boss. He is stationed in the snow-covered section of Teroka.
- King Mook: Among the boar demon monsters.
- Mighty Glacier: His profile state while he is very strong and tough, he is very slow and easy to escape from. Though in-game, he is only defensively strong and not particularly slow since he can move as much as any other heroes.
- Neat Freak: He likes to polish his armor until it sparkles.
- Stone Wall: He is a straightforward tank unit who can absorb damage taken by an ally and raises allies' defense should they get close his vicinity.
- Throwing Your Shield Always Works: He can throw a shield which silences enemy skills and instantly kill enemy summons. His ultimate throws five shields which also ricochets on all enemies hit.
- Voiced by: Takuma Nagatsuka (JP)
A skilled assassin who will eliminate anyone requested. He lurks in the darkness of Elyos until he disappeared, though he resurfaced as an assassin working for Belile and stationed in Teroka. He is fought in the second Siege of Teroka raid.
- BFG: He wields a large crossbow-like firearm.
- Edible Theme Naming: His name is from a type of citrus fruit.
- Expy: To Elsword's Ciel. His weapon is also similar to Ciel's Royal Guard job's signature sub-weapon.
- Everyone Is Related: He turns out to be Vega's younger brother.
- Only in It for the Money: He will assassinate his target, but he will only do so if he gets paid for it.
- Professional Killer
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: His profile states he will not harm children for any reason.
- Voiced by: Daisuke Motohashi (JP)
- Edible Theme Naming: Turmeric is a ginger-like herb.
- Killed Off for Real: Rufus has slain him since he turns out to be one of his most wanted targets after the trouble he caused to the Underworld.
- Playing with Fire: He attacks using soul flames.
- Your Soul Is Mine: What happens to any poor soul from whoever he killed.
- Voiced by: Aya Suzaki (JP)
A member of Creator's Cult, a cult devoted to the creator diety of the worlds. She appears in Siege of Teroka as its fifth "raid boss".
- Blush Stickers: Like Lime, she permanently has them.
- Edible Theme Naming: Her name is from a type of Mediterranean herbs commonly used for medicine and food.
- Idiot Hair: She has one sticking out from her veil.
- Our Demons Are Different: Despite looking like a human priestess, she is an Asmodian demon.
- Shout-Out: Her profile mentions two persons who are the "proofs" of the cult's miracle. The first one is Daredevxx who was born blind, while the second is Ravxx who has a mechanical arm and tries to falsify Sage before he is silenced on the spot.
- The Unfought: Unlike her fellow raid bosses, she is not directly fought as the player only fought her illusions. Even so, one gimmick on her raid is to defeat teams of heroes she summons before she herself personally joins the battle. At the end of her raid, she is simply interrogated until she spills out the whereabouts of Decanee.
- White Mage: She is the game's straightest example of this as she is excelled at party healing and is dressed like a nun.
- Voiced by: Akari Kageyama (JP)
A popular internet idol in MeTube. She turns out to be working with Extremist demons, so much to Dimensional Traders' shock. She is fought in the sixth Siege of Teroka raid.
- More Dakka: She hides her arsenal of firearms inside her giant teddy bear named King-chan.
- Only in It for the Money: She states she only do livestreams for money.
- Parody: She is a parody of Japanese virtual idols, to the point that she throws Japanese words a lot in her lines.
- The Rival: With the other demon idol Altair.
- Support Party Member: Her skills and passive has additional effects that buffs party members.
- Age Lift: Inverted, his current appearance is drastically older than his design in the original game.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: While he has to be defeated in the game, he delivered a Curb-Stomp Battle on the Grand Chase in the next scene and only retreated when Elesis showed up.
- Good All Along: He turns out to be not corrupted as everyone thought. He acts as Grandiel's Double Agent on Decanee and Baldinar when he suggest it himself when they met inside the Wizard's Labyrinth.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In Great Explosion of Kounat, he took Decanee's attack meant for Elesis and seemingly killed, though the Crimson River chapter reveals he is still alive.
- Knight In Sour Armor: He used to be a Knight in Shining Armor, but after being exposed to the darkness in the dimensional gap, he became cynical and willing to cooperate with Decanee's evil plans. However, it turns out that it is only an act.
- Moveset Clone: In his battle in Kounat, he has exact skills of his daughter.
- Voiced by: Kouhei Amasaki (JP)
The minister of Kounat who attempted to use the divine superweapon Aernasis Hammer that resulted to the Kounat Explosion. The destruction of the ancient kingdom also destroyed his body yet his evil soul continued to exist until he eventually possessed the Xenian shrine guardian Astaroth. As Astaroth, he served as the Greater-Scope Villain in the first game, who then aimed to once again attempted to use the Aernasis Hammer to become the new Creator and create a new world, destroying the current world in the process.
His past self who haven't triggered the Kounat Explosion yet appeared in Kounat chapter.
- Alternate Self: He is the past self of Astaroth, the first game's Greater-Scope Villain.
- The Archmage: He was one of Kounat's best mages alongside Grandiel and Serdin.
- Arc Villain: He is the Big Bad of Kounat chaper who conspires with the other Big Bad Decanee.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Like Astaroth in original game, Baldinar briefly ascended to False Creator with few divine power and will ascend further to True Creator if left unopposed.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The very reason he is fixated to use the Klara Libri to activate the superweapon and become a Creator god is he lost his lover from a demonic virus outbreak and the only way to be with her again is to create a new world.
- Final Boss: He is Kounat chapter's ultimate boss when he faced the Grand Chase in his Creator form.
- Good All Along: His soul fragments within Kyle and Cindy are the only things that stopping his ascension to Creator, as they contains his good self who doesn't want himself to destroy the current world. After his defeat, the reformed Baldinar's soul appeared on Kyle and tells him to keep going and take care of Cindy.
- Greater-Scope Villain: He is the one behind all Extremist demons' actions through out the story. Although he have not made an actual appearance yet aside from flashbacks and mentions. The Crimson River chapter revealed that he is awakened and already dominated most of Elyos aside from the Moderate tribes' domain, which are now under threat.
- Voiced by: Jun Fukushima (JP)
A Karuel elf who is the master of the Wizard's Labyrinth in the original game. He was a wizard who once served the Kingdom of Kounat and his homeland Karuel. An old friend of Baldinar who is the one who caused the Kounat Explosion. Grandiel survived the explosion, however, the said event started an endless war between his fellow elves and the dwarves throughout the land of Archimedia. He became disgusted by this and he confined himself in a magic tower and stayed there for hundreds of years until he detected a familiar presence which caused him to cross paths with the Grand Chase.
After the events of Kounat's Collapse, Grandiel sacrificed himself by sealing Astaroth in the Labyrinth... except he survived and later lived a peaceful life in the Abbey. He later took in and trained two orphans, Kyle and Cindy, to his wing.
- The Archmage: He was a powerful elven mage who served the Kounat Kingdom before its destruction and remained powerful for hundreds of years until his Heroic Sacrifice in the original game. Now, using magic hurts him a lot, though he still has access to the Wizard's Labyrinth.
- Drama-Preserving Handicap: He is no longer the powerful wizard he used to be and all he can do is to provide information.
- Elfeminate: This has been toned down a bit here compared to his design in the original game, but he is still quite a Long-Haired Pretty Boy.
- Last-Name Basis: Like Sieghart, he is simply referred to as "Grandiel".
- The Mentor: Teaches Kyle and Cindy about magic and sword fighting alike.
- Our Elves Are Better: He is a "high elf" type compared to Lire and Ryan who are "wood elves". He is an Archimedian elf who lived during the time of Kounat Kingdom, and the last one remaining after the rest of his kin turned into dark elves after their constant war with the dwarves. Also, unlike Lire and Ryan who are same age of human teenagers, Grandiel already had lived many hundreds of years.
- Put On The Bus: After Kounat chapter, he choose to stay in Kricktria while the Grand Chase head to Elyos.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: He may have lost his magic but he still has his wisdom, and he wears glasses for the part.
- Voiced by: Izumi Chiba
The Ramblin prince that Kyle and Cindy met in their way to Beroiah through Chilly Mines. They saved from the vampire Dmitri and doing so uncovers the secrets of his tribe.
- Death Faked for You: The demons abducted him and falsely claimed the vampire killed him so the Ramblin matriarch Viola, his sister, would perform the ritual for summoning Balzac in the guise of a resurrection ritual to revive him.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: His main way of supporting the party is to use milk.
- Petting Zoo People: He is a Ramblin after all.
- Put On The Bus: He is initially meant to be a main character of the sequel, but he disappeared on focus after the Chilly Mines section.
- Verbal Tic: Being a Ramblin, he cannot speak without "baa".
- Voiced by: Saki Fujita
The first-born daughter of the Norwood Company's boss. She meets Kyle, Cindy, and others when they arrived in Beroiah as she investigates the mysterious fog that appeared in the port town. She had taken in Mari who wandered in city after the dimension rift incident.
- Badass Normal: She's the only playable hero who is a normal human and fights using nothing but her rifle.
- Manipulative Bitch: She could make Kyle do whatever she says and everyone can see it. She herself is not aware of it though.
- Put On The Bus: Like Dolly, she is initially meant to be a main character of the sequel, but he disappeared on focus after the Beroiah section.
- Shrinking Violet: She rather have low self-esteem and not so confident on many things, yet she still does her best.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: She throws a grenade that deals damage in a small area.
- Voiced by: Mutsumi Tamura
A knight of Kounat. She is a survivor of Kounat Explosion, and eventually established a nation in Bermesiah Continent that became the Kingdom of Kanavan.
She appeared in Kounat when the Chase traveled back in time before the Kounat Explosion.
- Childhood Friends: With Serdin.
- Damsel in Distress: The Great Explosion of Kounat started in a rescue mission for her who is on the verge of being executed.
- Lady of War: Being a respected warrior of Kounat, a Sword Saint and later, the knight-queen of her own kingdom.
- Last-Name Basis: She is mostly referred to as General Kanavan, though Serdin calls her Nar.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: During the limited time event Kounat Escape, she informs Serdin that some things she could do in this mode like flying and deploying turrets cannot be done in regular gameplay. Serdin wondered what "mode" Kanavan is talking about.
- Shrinking Violet: According to Serdin, she used to be a shy girl like Serdin herself but Kanavan got over it while Serdin didn't.
- Voiced by: Maria Naganawa
One of the archmages of Kounat. She is a survivor of Kounat Explosion and later founded the Kingdom of Serdin when she succeeded the supposed-to-be founder of the sister nation of Kanavan died on the journey on searching a new land and ruled as its first queen.
She appeared in Kounat when the Chase traveled back in time before the Kounat Explosion. She is also the first non-Grand Chase hero in SS rarity.
- The Archmage: She is one of the top mages of Kounat along with Baldinar and Grandiel, but she isn't very proud of it and claims she is nothing compared to the other two.
- Childhood Friends: With Kanavan
- Last-Name Basis: She is mostly referred to as Mage Serdin.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Shrinking Violet: She is extremely shy and has low self-confidence. She even wondered how did her future self manage to found her kingdom and ruled as a mage-queen.
- The Turretmaster: She takes this role in Kounat Escape where she has to deploy various turrets and defend the escape ship from enemies.
A mysterious ancient demon that appeared multiple times in the original game. He once ended an ancient Demon War after he went on rampage after losing his lover Edna Verdidad. He is also the one who saved Mari from Kounat Explosion by sending her to future.
His past self appeared in Kounat chapter where he rampaged outside Kounat and only calmed down and retreated after seeing Ley. His present self then appeared in Burning Canyon chapter.