Cristina Carlota "Chichay" Tampipi
Cristina Carlota "Chichay" Tampipi is the protagonist. She's a loyal, street-smart, artistic girl in the lower socioeconomic class.
- Dude Magnet
- First Girl Wins
- Insecure Love Interest: Joaquin's background and the classism Chichay becomes the target of thanks to hers lead to the girl fearing she isn't worthy of his attention.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Subverted in her case and kind of Gender-Inverted. It's easy to tell from trailers that Chichay is beautiful, kindly, and ebullient; but she's no Pollyanna and is grounded and practical because of her background. Joaquin, on the other hand, surprisingly turns out to come off as more Manic Pixie than Chichay, especially after he Takes a Level In Cheerfulness. He's good-looking, highly intelligent but romantic, noble, and brimming with verve.
- Nice Girl
- Plucky Girl
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Her father Chito's name + her mother Elizabeth's nickname, "Betchay" = "Chichay".
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!
- Single-Target Sexuality
- Took a Level in Cynic
Joaquin San Juan Manansala
Joaquin San Juan Manansala is the deuteragonist.
- Academic Athlete: Both a model student and a talented basketball player.
- The Ace: As an official character profile puts it, he's "a young man of many talents. He knows how to play the piano. He can speak a few foreign languages. He is well-taught and trained. Maliban sa mayaman sila (Apart from the fact that they're wealthy), his family is well-respected sa (in) business. Of course not to mention, he is really cute!"
- Broken Ace: One trailer also describes him as "a rich boy with a broken family". His father's discontent and mother herself unhappy, in addition to being irrationally protective. The psychological effects these have on Joaquin are dreadful.
- Chick Magnet
- Cool Loser: He's deemed a "loser" by his schoolmates at first because he's a "weirdo"; but they acknowledge his attractiveness, status, and intellect.
- Dork Knight
- First Guy Wins
- Grand Romantic Gesture: He's greatly fond of grand romantic gestures. It vexes Chichay, who prefers simple ones.
- Princely Young Man
Juliana San Juan Manansala
- Happily Married: To Betchay.
Elizabeth "Betchay" Tampipi
- Happily Married: To Chito.
- Because Destiny Says So: He pursues Chichay unsuccessfully. He eventually accepts her lack of romantic feelings for him and advises Alex to do the same with Joaquin.Dominic: Joaquin and Chichay are like the moon and the stars; hindi mo sila mapaghihiwalay. (Joaquin and Chichay are like the moon and the stars; you cannot separate them.)
- Dogged Nice Guy: Deconstructed.
- Hopeless Suitor
- Princely Young Man
- Romantic Runner-Up
- Upper-Class Wit